PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar 7-26

SAL
07-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Picks for Del Mar Monday:

R1 #1 Nor'wester-Can see the ML fav getting severely overbet here. I like betting against big favorites stretching out for the first time with seemingly superior figs. We've already seen Two Trail Sioux lose at 2/5. Nor'wester draws an inside post after wide trips in his last two. Runner that beat him last time returned to win a NW1 here yesterday.

R5 #3 Wild Seniorita-Makes a sensible drop for good barn. Already proven at the distance, she should get a nice stalking trip.

R6 #7 Haint You Grand-Out of all the recently claimed runners in here I like him best. Gets a huge barn upgrade, as Marquez is almost as good as anyone in the claiming game. Has won routing without the lead before and seems to do his best running with Flores aboard.

Yesterday: 1-5

Total this meet: 3-12 25%

ROI: 1.20

kingfin66
07-26-2004, 12:17 PM
SAL,

I think you're absolutely correct to try to beat the fav in the first. I will likely be odds-on while stretching out for the first time. I kind of like the #2, Fifteenth East for a price.

R2 - There is another big fav that may be beat - this one coming off a long layoff and has an early style in a race with lots of speed. I'll look to either the #3, or #4 at a price. Both are horse that have shown an ability to close.

R5 - Wild Senorita looks like a great call. The only problem is that she may not be worth it price wise. Morning line is 3/1 with two 5/2's. Could get up there a little if the other horses are bet down. The other one to watch is #4, Chalet Chanteuse, the only speed in the race...could go WTW at a price.

R6 - Hain't You Grand looks the the solid pick. My guess is the public will make him the fav.

R8 - This maiden sprint looks to be a race where money could be made. I like both the 2 and 4 (like a big 'shot) here. Not a good race to go crazy with exotics, but I may play those 2 to win plus some exactas with them and the fav.

Good luck.