PDA

View Full Version : How the Flash Crash Trader’s $50 Million Fortune Vanished

barn32
02-16-2017, 08:43 AM
It took Navinder Singh Sarao a long time to accept that he might have been scammed out of $50 million. Stuck in London’s Wandsworth prison, wracked with anxiety and unable to sleep, the realization dawned on the man dubbed the “Flash Crash Trader” as slowly as spring turned to summer outside the barred window of his jail cell.

The trauma of the past few weeks had been difficult to process. On April 20, 2015, the slight, doe-eyed 36-year-old had dozed off peacefully in the same suburban bedroom he’d slept in since he was a boy. The next day he was arrested and taken to a police station, where he was charged with 22 counts of fraud and market manipulation carrying a maximum sentence of 380 years...

Full Article Here (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-02-10/how-the-flash-crash-trader-s-50-million-fortune-vanished)

_______
02-16-2017, 06:55 PM
It took Navinder Singh Sarao a long time to accept that he might have been scammed out of $50 million. Stuck in London’s Wandsworth prison, wracked with anxiety and unable to sleep, the realization dawned on the man dubbed the “Flash Crash Trader” as slowly as spring turned to summer outside the barred window of his jail cell.

The trauma of the past few weeks had been difficult to process. On April 20, 2015, the slight, doe-eyed 36-year-old had dozed off peacefully in the same suburban bedroom he’d slept in since he was a boy. The next day he was arrested and taken to a police station, where he was charged with 22 counts of fraud and market manipulation carrying a maximum sentence of 380 years...

Full Article Here (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-02-10/how-the-flash-crash-trader-s-50-million-fortune-vanished)

Nice link.

I know long form journalism is out of style but I'd love to read more. I've spent virtually no time thinking about this in the time since it happened. Had no idea the "villains" story had so much nuance.