PDA

View Full Version : Grow Up!

cj's dad
02-13-2017, 06:34 AM
Democrat Raymond Buckley implores his constituents and Libs in general to "grow up"! This guy gets it !

Buckley is in line for the head of the DNC ! If he is not elected to this position will it because he had the guts to tell the truth?

The hatred on the left of DJT is over the top!

barn32
02-14-2017, 04:49 PM
The hatred on the left of DJT is over the top!How is it anymore over the top than the hatred of Bill Clinton and Obama?

PaceAdvantage
02-14-2017, 04:54 PM
How is it anymore over the top than the hatred of Bill Clinton and Obama?Ummmm...it is...any unbiased observer could tell you that.

Nothing Trump has done...hasn't been done by some other President of the USA.

Put immigrants or travelers from foreign lands on notice that they will be singled out and scrutinized and/or not let into the country...been done (Obama along with others).

ICE raids targeting criminal illegal immigrants...been done (Obama along with others).

Issued an obscene amount of Executive Orders...been done (Obama)

And yet, he's getting absolutely crucified out there...have you ever seen HOLLYWOOD so over the top at their award shows...MAJOR ACTORS no less...usually, you don't see folks the likes of Streep downing that Kool Aid so damn hard in public no less.

Countless comparisons to Hitler from MAJOR NAMES in the media and in entertainment....

Yeah, I'd say it's a LOT different than Clinton and Obama.

Greyfox
02-14-2017, 04:56 PM
How is it anymore over the top than the hatred of Bill Clinton and Obama?

Did you just come out of a cave?
There are organized protests every week against Trump, one way or another.
That never happened to this extent in either the Clinton or Obama years.

_______
02-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Did you just come out of a cave?
There are organized protests every week against Trump, one way or another.
That never happened to this extent in either the Clinton or Obama years.

You must have missed 2010 and the birth of the tea party.

Greyfox
02-14-2017, 05:06 PM
You must have missed 2010 and the birth of the tea party.

No I didn't.
If you look at any historical list of protests in America, you will find that the number protest marches from Left Wing groups outnumber the protests from Right Wing groups by country miles.
That is a fact!

TJDave
02-14-2017, 05:18 PM
No I didn't.
If you look at any historical list of protests in America, you will find that the number protest marches from Left Wing groups outnumber the protests from Right Wing groups by country miles.
That is a fact!

Correct. I can remember questioning why the country club set didn't protest more.

elysiantraveller
02-14-2017, 06:24 PM
This post <on a board where I think the majority of posters still think Barack Obama is a Kenyan born Muslim> is hilarious.

johnhannibalsmith
02-14-2017, 06:33 PM
This post <on a board where I think the majority of posters still think Barack Obama is a Kenyan born Muslim> is hilarious.

Yeah but that's true! :mad: :mad:

classhandicapper
02-14-2017, 06:44 PM
This post <on a board where I think the majority of posters still think Barack Obama is a Kenyan born Muslim> is hilarious..

One time I was discussing a CEO conference call with one of the smartest investors i know. I disagreed with him. We argued about it briefly and then he said "I don't care what he says, just watch what he does". Needless to say my friend was right. I don't know if Obama even believes in God way deep down. But I am 100 % certain his loyalties are to Islam and Muslims. He is no Christian or any variation of it. I don't care what he says or which churches he attended for political reasons. My friend would laugh at any other conclusion.

elysiantraveller
02-14-2017, 06:54 PM

One time I was discussing a CEO conference call with one of the smartest investors i know. I disagreed with him. We argued about it briefly and then he said "I don't care what he says, just watch what he does". Needless to say my friend was right. I don't know if Obama even believes in God way deep down. But I am 100 % certain his loyalties are to Islam and Muslims. He is no Christian or any variation of it. I don't care what he says or which churches he attended for political reasons. My friend would laugh at any other conclusion.

The mere fact you responded this way completely illustrates the delusion on this board.

Where does the fact that in his last year in office he dropped 26,171 bombs on Muslims fit into that equation? A full three thousand more than the paltry 23,144 (again on Muslims) in 2015?

Greyfox
02-14-2017, 07:16 PM
The mere fact you responded this way completely illustrates the delusion on this board.

Where does the fact that in his last year in office he dropped 26,171 bombs on Muslims fit into that equation? A full three thousand more than the paltry 23,144 (again on Muslims) in 2015?

The fact is Obama never believed terrorists were true Muslims, and said that many times even though they called themselves ISIL.
In his mind, he wasn't bombing Muslims.

thaskalos
02-14-2017, 07:28 PM

Your friend is a GENIUS...and so are YOU. :ThmbUp:

elysiantraveller
02-14-2017, 07:31 PM
The fact is Obama never believed terrorists were true Muslims, and said that many times even though they called themselves ISIL.

:D :D

You guys talked about that over a round of golf huh...?

The guy right above you said actions over words... I posted an action... all you have is some armchair psychoanalysis about his words.

Again thank you for proving my point.

classhandicapper
02-14-2017, 07:33 PM

What exactly is inconsistent about that behavior?

Muslims of various tribes and beliefs kill each other by the tens of thousands all over the middle east ever year because they are competing for oil, land, political, and religious power. All that says is that he was on the side of some moderate Muslims over others and used the US military to accomplish his goals.

I noticed his views on the security of Israel, Muslim refugees from hostile countries vs. minority Christians that were getting slaughtered, how he behaved on occasion, and some of his own words on the subject.

You usually can't know what is in a person's heart, but if you are poker player, sometimes you just know because the other guy can't keep his feelings hidden inside.

thaskalos
02-14-2017, 07:34 PM

Why are you pretending to be a "mind-reader", Greyfox? Isn't it a fact that we don't really know Obama...nor do we have any idea what his religious affiliation -- if there is one -- really is?

classhandicapper
02-14-2017, 07:37 PM
Your friend is a GENIUS...and so are YOU. :ThmbUp:

I can't tell when you are agreeing with me or making fun of me anymore, but I like you so I'm going to believe you agree with me this time that Obama is not a Christian. ;) (not that I am such a good one either, but that's where my loyalties lie).

Greyfox
02-14-2017, 07:37 PM
:D :D

You guys talked about that over a round of golf huh...?

The guy right above you said actions over words... I posted an action... all you have is some armchair psychoanalysis about his words.

Again thank you for proving my point.

Get real.
Obama said the terrorists were not true Muslims. No Muslim would do what the terrorists were doing.
No armchair psychoanalysis there. Just Obama's rationalization for bombing terrorists.
If you don't remember that, I can't help you.

thaskalos
02-14-2017, 07:40 PM
I can't tell when you are agreeing with me or making fun of me anymore, but I like you so I'm going to believe you agree with me this time that Obama is not a Christian. ;) (not that I am such a good one either, but that's where my loyalties lie).

You didn't just say that Obama isn't a Christian...you also said that you are 100% sure that his loyalty lies with Islam and the Muslims.

For your sake...I hope you don't reach such hasty conclusions at the TRACK.

thaskalos
02-14-2017, 07:44 PM
Get real.
Obama said the terrorists were not true Muslims. No Muslim would do what the terrorists were doing.
No armchair psychoanalysis there. Just Obama's rationalization for bombing terrorists.

What he meant was that the true Muslim religion does not condone senseless murder. The Christian religion doesn't either...but people HAVE been senselessly put to death in the name of the "Christian God". It could also have been said that those culprits weren't "real Christians", as well...NO?

You are not a scholar of the Muslim religion, Greyfox...even though you sometimes play one on the internet.

Greyfox
02-14-2017, 07:49 PM
Why are you pretending to be a "mind-reader", Greyfox? Isn't it a fact that we don't really know Obama...nor do we have any idea what his religious affiliation -- if there is one -- really is?

Mind reader?
This is what Obama said:

"Let's make two things clear: Isil is not "Islamic." No religion condones the killing of innocents, and the vast majority of Isil's victims have been Muslim. And Isil is certainly not a state."

Barack Obama

http://www.azquotes.com/author/11023-Barack_Obama/tag/terrorism

Greyfox
02-14-2017, 07:53 PM
You are not a scholar of the Muslim religion, Greyfox...even though you sometimes play one on the internet.

Of course I'm not a scholar of Islam.
I'm not an expert on ducks either, but I know one when one flies by.
Obama said what he said.
It's just that simple.
He did not believe that the terrorists were true Muslims and he was able to bomb them without feeling guilty.

elysiantraveller
02-14-2017, 07:58 PM
Get real.

I'm sorry what point are you trying to make here?

My point is that every 20 minutes for an ENTIRE year Obama dropped a bomb on Muslims. People you consider Muslims. People I consider Muslims.

Obama dropped a bomb on Muslims every 20 minutes but because he called them Terrorists that makes him... a Muslim...? Or that they weren't in fact Muslims?

OR---

This again is merely an attempt to criticize a former President by going to any lengths for actions you are actually in favor of... The basic, "I like that he did that but... <insert pointless rationalization to further attack and justify your mitigate at all costs belief system>"

I suspect the latter.

elysiantraveller
02-14-2017, 08:00 PM
What he meant was that the true Muslim religion does not condone senseless murder. The Christian religion doesn't either...but people HAVE been senselessly put to death in the name of the "Christian God". It could also have been said that those culprits weren't "real Christians", as well...NO?

This is the standard; "Obama actually did something I really agree with and support but I need to find some way to make myself feel better by mitigating him" response.

thaskalos
02-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Mind reader?
This is what Obama said:

"Let's make two things clear: Isil is not "Islamic." No religion condones the killing of innocents, and the vast majority of Isil's victims have been Muslim. And Isil is certainly not a state."

Barack Obama

http://www.azquotes.com/author/11023-Barack_Obama/tag/terrorism

I've seen you claim that the entire "Islamic religion" was just a smokescreen to disguise the fact that it was merely a large TERRORIST organization. Are you now saying that you believe that ISIL is a true representation of the Islamic faith as a WHOLE?

Greyfox
02-14-2017, 08:02 PM
My point is that every 20 minutes for an ENTIRE year Obama dropped a bomb on Muslims. People you consider Muslims. People I consider Muslims.

Exactly right. You and I agree. But were weren't doing the bombing.
The fact is Obama didn't see them as Muslims.

thaskalos
02-14-2017, 08:03 PM
This is the standard; "Obama actually did something I really agree with and support but I need to find some way to make myself feel better by mitigating him" response.

Say that again?

elysiantraveller
02-14-2017, 08:05 PM
Say that again?

Not you.

95%+ on this board supports the bombing campaigns of the previous administration on terrorists, muslims, camel-riders, whatever they want to call them.

80%+ on this board also hates Obama with such vitriol that they can't possibly give him a :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: for anything...

The comments by CH and Greyfox are just demonstrating that.

I could be wrong but according to Greyfox; Obama, the Muslim, is able to sleep at night bombing the living shit out of Muslims because deep down he doesn't believe they are Muslims and that makes him bad...(I think that's it.)

Greyfox
02-14-2017, 08:08 PM
I've seen you claim that the entire "Islamic religion" was just a smokescreen to disguise the fact that it was merely a large TERRORIST organization.

Totall Bullshit! I've never said that.
If you deduced that from whatever I've said, then you've certainly downwardly assimilated what I meant to say.
I certainly do not believe that.
My own Medical Doctor is a Muslim.
I've had several Muslim friends over the years.
I've claimed that Islam is a Totalitarian Political Ideology disguised as a religion.
You seem to have taken too many bitter pills today, so I'll let you have the last word on this as you always seem to need it in your disagreements with various posters.

Greyfox
02-14-2017, 08:12 PM

It is amazing what you are reading into both Classhandicapper's comments and mine.
Neither of us said anything with respect to bombing or hating Muslims.
Our comments were related to Obama's words and behavior.

thaskalos
02-14-2017, 08:15 PM
Totall Bullshit! I've never said that.
If you deduced that from whatever I've said, then you've certainly downwardly assimilated what I meant to say.
I certainly do not believe that.
My own Medical Doctor is a Muslim.
I've had several Muslim friends over the years.
I've claimed that Islam is a Totalitarian Political Ideology disguised as a religion.
You seem to have taken too many bitter pills today, so I'll let you have the last word on this as you always seem to need it in your disagreements with various posters.

Did your DOCTOR tell you this...or was it your "several Muslim friends"?

And...keep your psychological evaluations to yourself please. I have no need for them. I reserve the right to disagree with whomever I choose. It's funny that you don't offer your psychological services to the OTHER "angry people" on this board. I am just LUCKY, I guess. :rolleyes:

elysiantraveller
02-14-2017, 08:18 PM
It is amazing what you are reading into both Classhandicapper's comments and mine.
Neither of us said anything with respect to bombing or hating Muslims.
Our comments were related to Obama's words and behavior.

CH literally said judge someone by his actions not words and when I posted an action you then attempted to explain it away with words...

Its hilarious really.

barn32
02-14-2017, 08:26 PM
I don't know if Obama even believes in God way deep down. But I am 100% certain his loyalties are to Islam and Muslims. He is no Christian or any variation of it. I don't care what he says or which churches he attended for political reasons. Trump is no Christian either, but he certainly converted quickly when it suited his intentions.

I doubt if he has ever been to church other than a wedding or during the election, and at one point during his campaign wasn't he asked to quote his favorite bible verse--and then stumbled badly?

That pig didn't fly for a second, but many drank the Kool-Aid and then licked the glass.

fast4522
02-14-2017, 08:30 PM

This is your fail, it really did not matter. His policy's deserved to be in Kenya. You pride yourself in your posts being so shrewd saying 'Little Marco" was the only one that could beat Hillary, knowing full well that there are always winners and losers and you did not to tolerate those being flipped on you. At this point what difference does it matter, as long as George Soros gets screwed we are happy. Your positions always line up with the monster George Soros, NO one reads you any different. It is easy to rail against you, one just has to ask "what would George want".

elysiantraveller
02-14-2017, 08:34 PM
This is your fail, it really did not matter. His policy's deserved to be in Kenya. You pride yourself in your posts being so shrewd saying 'Little Marco" was the only one that could beat Hillary, knowing full well that there are always winners and losers and you did not to tolerate those being flipped on you. At this point what difference does it matter, as long as George Soros gets screwed we are happy. Your positions always line up with the monster George Soros, NO one reads you any different. It is easy to rail against you, one just has to ask "what would George want".

I'll take the deflection and very inaccurate personal attack as an indication you don't really have anything to say on the matter.

JustRalph
02-14-2017, 08:46 PM
How is it anymore over the top than the hatred of Bill Clinton and Obama?

The Tea party riots were so damn violent.

Those tea party types burning down Starbucks were so scary. The black masks etc

The funny thing? If the right ever did turn as bad as the left portrays them, the left would be slaughtered in the streets.

fast4522
02-14-2017, 08:47 PM
I'll take the deflection and very inaccurate personal attack as an indication you don't really have anything to say on the matter.

Not at all, it is what I believe. The winners and losers are certain as the seasons in a year, your on the other side so expect to be called out. When your posts and positions do not align with George Soros I will be the first to say "oh shit" I'm wrong.

elysiantraveller
02-14-2017, 08:51 PM
Not at all, it is what I believe. The winners and losers are certain as the seasons in a year, your on the other side so expect to be called out. When your posts and positions do not align with George Soros I will be the first to say "oh shit" I'm wrong.

Oh no... You've brought it up.

Please show me where I've agreed with George Soros on anything in here...

I'm more politically conservative and pro-market than you are my friend.

fast4522
02-14-2017, 09:04 PM
Oh no... You've brought it up.

Please show me where I've agreed with George Soros on anything in here...

I'm more politically conservative and pro-market than you are my friend.

That is a easy call for you, I have sided with Trump and all of his populist positions in my posts. As for as conservative many have said JFK was more conservative than today's conservatives. Looking for the winners and loser to flip to the end the middle class does not get screwed more. So how you label yourself really only matters to you. We will see your pro market positions when the ACA is repealed, and market effects health care after that. A hint will be the single payer carrot will be obliterated, and the marketplace will be the law of the land. We will both be around for a long time to post about it, won't we?

elysiantraveller
02-14-2017, 09:18 PM
That is a easy call for you, I have sided with Trump and all of his populist positions in my posts. As for as conservative many have said JFK was more conservative than today's conservatives. Looking for the winners and loser to flip to the end the middle class does not get screwed more. So how you label yourself really only matters to you. We will see your pro market positions when the ACA is repealed, and market effects health care after that. A hint will be the single payer carrot will be obliterated, and the marketplace will be the law of the land. We will both be around for a long time to post about it, won't we?

Another dodge.

Yes you parrot Trump's lines verbatim...

I on the other hand have actually articulated you own positions on a variety of issues. Funny you should mention ACA as I know a helluva lot about it and the direct impact it's had on my family and their businesses. Look it up and then get back on here and tell me how I'm just like George Soros.

Much like you're emperor you have no clothes.

fast4522
02-14-2017, 09:56 PM
Another dodge.

Yes you parrot Trump's lines verbatim...

I on the other hand have actually articulated you own positions on a variety of issues. Funny you should mention ACA as I know a helluva lot about it and the direct impact it's had on my family and their businesses. Look it up and then get back on here and tell me how I'm just like George Soros.

Much like you're emperor you have no clothes.

I said your positions, not you personally. The ACA is garbage, repeal is the only answer. I will look how you articulated my positions, policy change is what I welcome. Lets see the result of this election moving to the next, if the result is what I and many think the left will have a very long row to hoe right? Clearly we both will articulate as you say, bigly in the next months to come.

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-14-2017, 10:38 PM
Democrat Raymond Buckley implores his constituents and Libs in general to "grow up"! This guy gets it !

Buckley is in line for the head of the DNC ! If he is not elected to this position will it because he had the guts to tell the truth?

The hatred on the left of DJT is over the top!

Some Dems get it, but most of them are still kissing up to the LaLaLand liberals and the liberal media. If the Dems would denounce they idiots, they may once again become relevant.

cj's dad
02-14-2017, 11:12 PM
Some Dems get it, but most of them are still kissing up to the LaLaLand liberals and the liberal media. If the Dems would denounce they idiots, they may once again become relevant.

The Democrat party is in the minority in Congress, Governorships, and the Executive branch of the government !

Gee, they must be doing something right !!! :D

classhandicapper
02-15-2017, 09:22 AM
You didn't just say that Obama isn't a Christian...you also said that you are 100% sure that his loyalty lies with Islam and the Muslims.

For your sake...I hope you don't reach such hasty conclusions at the TRACK.

I am rarely sure about anything at the track because the evidence isn't as obvious.

classhandicapper
02-15-2017, 09:40 AM
95%+ on this board supports the bombing campaigns of the previous administration on terrorists, muslims, camel-riders, whatever they want to call them.

80%+ on this board also hates Obama with such vitriol that they can't possibly give him a :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: for anything...

I don't approve of much that has gone on in the middle east since before I was even born. So you are way off base there. I blame Obama (and Hillary) for policies that took a bad situation in Iraq and made it 10 times worse. But I think Bush was a idiot, McCain is a war mongering idiot that is out of touch with the Russia of today, and I despise loads of other republicans too.

I also don't approve of much else that Obama did because he was a raging incompetent on economics. We still haven't paid for his policies, but the downside IS coming soon.

So yes, when you think a guy was an incompetent on everything that matters, it's pretty hard to give him credit for anything. I thought Bush was the worst president of my lifetime and would never be topped, but I was wrong.

classhandicapper
02-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Trump is no Christian either, but he certainly converted quickly when it suited his intentions.

I doubt if he has ever been to church other than a wedding or during the election, and at one point during his campaign wasn't he asked to quote his favorite bible verse--and then stumbled badly?

That pig didn't fly for a second, but many drank the Kool-Aid and then licked the glass.

Trump IS a Christian in the same way I am a Christian. We were raised to believe a certain thing and generally get our values from Christianity, but we aren't very good Christians in terms of going to church, following all the rules, and having strong beliefs on the subject.

Here is the difference between Trump and Obama.

There is a serious war and refugee crisis going on in the middle east. Lots of people are dying. There are millions of refugees. It's a bad situation and every Christian and Muslim should be concerned.

While this is going on there are Christians being systematically raped and slaughtered, but not over the political power struggles. It's specifically because they are Christian. It's a purge in the same way the Jews were purged in Europe.

So what should the priority be?

That's not so easy. Maybe this is my own Christian bias showing, but I think most rational people would say there are plenty of very rich Muslim countries in the region that could and should be helping with all the refugees. They might also be worried that if we let thousands of unvetted Muslims into the US we would be taking on some incremental security risks because our involvement in the region makes us a target for many people there that hate us. So if we were going to take in anyone and do our fair share to help, we should probably start by trying to identify the Christians. There's no one there to help them. They are being systematically purged. The security risks would be lower.

Obama focused virtually all his energy on bringing Muslim refugees here.

Trump immediately said the Christians should be the priority.

IMO, Trump's view does not necessarily make him a Christian. IMO, it makes him either rational or biased towards Christians because he identifies with them.

IMO, Obama's actions indicate he's either irrational, has a bias towards the Muslims, or both.