PDA

View Full Version : Veterinarian Charged

upthecreek
02-12-2017, 10:57 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/veterinarian-charged-plot-drug-horses-races-45408837

"Frog Juice"

johnhannibalsmith
02-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Layeeseyana whoda thunkit.

MonmouthParkJoe
02-12-2017, 11:25 AM
More Louisiana stuff huh,shocking.

HalvOnHorseracing
02-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Did the trainers also get charged under the absolute insurers rule?

thaskalos
02-12-2017, 01:06 PM
IMO...the use of such powerful painkillers should be considered a criminal act of the worst kind...because it endangers the lives not only of the horses, but also of every rider involved in the race.

outofthebox
02-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Did the trainers also get charged under the absolute insurers rule?No. They just served their suspensions applied by the LSRC. No fed charges against them.

cj
02-12-2017, 01:38 PM
IMO...the use of such powerful painkillers should be considered a criminal act of the worst kind...because it endangers the lives not only of the horses, but also of every rider involved in the race.

Absolutely agree.

Just off the top of my head, this is the crap I remember from Louisiana:

Frog Juice
"Heat stroke"
Blatant stiff trifecta in a six horse field
Buzzers
Fog race
Misidentified horses

What am I forgetting?

Fred Mertz
02-12-2017, 01:48 PM
What am I forgetting?
Cobra venom.

Inner Dirt
02-12-2017, 01:55 PM

I agree in this incident the perp should be charged according to what could have happened, the fact no horse or human was maimed or died is immaterial.
Make an example out of all involved.

cj
02-12-2017, 01:59 PM
I agree in this incident the perp should be charged according to what could have happened, the fact no horse or human was maimed or died is immaterial.
Make an example out of all involved.

Do we actually know that? There aren't many details given yet.

Jeff P
02-12-2017, 02:40 PM
Absolutely agree.

Just off the top of my head, this is the crap I remember from Louisiana:

Frog Juice
"Heat stroke"
Blatant stiff trifecta in a six horse field
Buzzers
Fog race
Misidentified horses

What am I forgetting?CJ, In answer to your "What am I forgetting?" question:

For the "heat stroke" incident:

It is my opinion that the Louisiana Racing Commission issued a press release in a failed attempt to clear a rider who based on video evidence clearly stiffed a horse.

Here's a link to the second (follow up) article that ran at The Paulick Report:
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/jockey-excused-gingerly-handling-filly-louisiana-downs-race/

Jockey Cleared For ‘Gingerly’ Handling Of Filly In Louisiana Downs Race

According to a report from state steward Roy Wood Jr. and association stewards W. Dale Coleman and Charles T. Magee, “Immediately following the horses crossing the finish line the stewards received radio contact from the outriders that Kevin Smith, the rider of #6 Crossbow Huntress who finished second, was in need of immediate medical attention. “The outrider assisted Kevin Smith back to the jockey area where he was administered medical aide by EMT Cathy Hock.

Note that in the article, the stewards are quoted as saying "Immediately following the horses crossing the finish line" and "The outrider assisted Kevin Smith back to the jockey area."

The disturbing part to me is that the full replay video clearly shows the rider, Kevin Smith, GALLOPING HIS HORSE OUT FOR NEARLY THREE FULL MINUTES AFTER CROSSING THE FINISH LINE WITH NO OUTRIDER IN SIGHT.

In my opinion the full replay video of the gallop out shoots a huge gaping hole in the 'story' being told by the stewards in their press release.

Put the other incidents aside for a second.

In my opinion, this incident on its own gives the Louisiana Racing Commission a serious credibility issue.

Jeff Platt,

President, HANA

Tom
02-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Agree with criminal charges for this kind of thing. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

PhantomOnTour
02-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Agree with criminal charges for this kind of thing. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:
Do you believe me now Tom? :D

Seriously though...this is sick and just furthers the image (and reality) that racing is dirty...especially here in Louisiana :blush: :blush:

HalvOnHorseracing
02-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Just so people know, I believe anyone who was knowingly involved should get the harshest penalties available for the violation.

affirmedny
02-12-2017, 04:56 PM
What am I forgetting?

this one:

http://www.drf.com/news/donnie-meche-suspended-six-months