PDA

View Full Version : Bad News for Public Sector Unions

boxcar
02-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Most Government Workers Could Be Replaced By Robots, New Study Finds

A study by a British think tank, Reform, says that 90% of British civil service workers have jobs so pointless, they could easily be replaced by robots, saving the government around $8 billion per year.

The study, published this week, says that robots are “more efficient” at collecting data, processing paperwork, and doing the routine tasks that now fall to low-level government employees. Even nurses and doctors, who are government employees in the UK, could be relieved of some duties by mechanical assistants.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-0

I love the first paragraph. Most civil service employees have pointless jobs that they would be easily replaceable. Gotta love it. And you have to like the savings -- 8 Bil. Not exactly chump change. Heck, we'd probably save even more here in the U.S. That kind of savings would go a long way in in helping to pay for those tax cuts "for the rich". :lol:

But let's hide this study from HOH, lest he blow a gasket and burden us with endless tomes.

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Every job could be replaced by robots.

boxcar
02-09-2017, 11:14 AM

That's a stretch. Routine, mundane jobs...yes. Other types, not so easily.

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-09-2017, 12:36 PM
OK, tell me one job that cannot be done by robots. Granted, there are jobs where computers are not yet sophisticated enough to accomplish -- YET.

Artificial Intelligence is still in its infancy, but computers are now learning from experiences and adjusting -- just like humans.

boxcar
02-09-2017, 12:49 PM
OK, tell me one job that cannot be done by robots. Granted, there are jobs where computers are not yet sophisticated enough to accomplish -- YET.

Artificial Intelligence is still in its infancy, but computers are now learning from experiences and adjusting -- just like humans.

Politicians and car salesman. There...I've given you two. Do you need more?

VigorsTheGrey
02-09-2017, 12:51 PM

Horse trainer....

Tom
02-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Assistant crack whore.

Actor
02-09-2017, 01:43 PM

Artificial Intelligence is still in its infancy, but computers are now learning from experiences and adjusting -- just like humans.Politicians and car salesman. There...I've given you two. Do you need more?
Combine these two, then wait 20 years. By then building an artificial politician should be easy. The day is coming when some people will vote for a robot even though they know it's a robot.

https://futurism.com/googles-ai-is-learning-to-make-other-ai/

http://www.truecompaniontv.com/tv/

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Horse trainer....

That's an easy one :D

MONEY
02-09-2017, 01:59 PM

In my career I've had to walk up & down 21 floors in buildings with all elevators (AKA Robots) non-operational, to help carry sick people down and take them to a hospital.

thaskalos
02-09-2017, 02:03 PM
I've used those self-checkout registers at the retail stores...and I'm not impressed.

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-09-2017, 02:09 PM
In my career I've had to walk up & down 21 floors in buildings with all elevators (AKA Robots) non-operational, to help carry sick people down and take them to a hospital.

You are a real-world hero m'man. :ThmbUp:

In the future robots won't get tired, won't suffer from smoke inhalation and will handle extreme heat. Further in the future, they will fly up to reach those who cannot move.

Believe me when I tell you that there will be machines that can do anything people can do. Maybe not tomorrow, or next year, or even 20 years, but everything can be done.

Probably not in our lifetime, but some time in the future, man will be ableto live forever as his organs are transferred to artificial shells. I know to many people, the thought of this is quite offensive.

Tom
02-09-2017, 02:31 PM
I've used those self-checkout registers at the retail stores...and I'm not impressed.

Maybe it was the operator? :rolleyes:

Inner Dirt
02-09-2017, 02:52 PM

I have worked in manufacturing my whole life, you would be surprised in what has been automated and what hasn't. Some things I was shocked that were done automatically and other things I assumed were automated were still done by hand.

MONEY
02-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Believe me when I tell you that there will be machines that can do anything people can do. Maybe not tomorrow, or next year, or even 20 years, but everything can be done.

N03Uoj6p9QA

thaskalos
02-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Maybe it was the operator? :rolleyes:

IMO...automation doesn't work unless the "machine" is able to do ALL of the required work. The customer shouldn't be asked to do any scanning or weighing of products...because the customer isn't getting PAID.

AndyC
02-09-2017, 03:48 PM
IMO...automation doesn't work unless the "machine" is able to do ALL of the required work. The customer shouldn't be asked to do any scanning or weighing of products...because the customer isn't getting PAID.

Doesn't a customer get paid with lower prices?

davew
02-09-2017, 03:59 PM

I can't figure out how to pay with cash and get change at those things.

Tom
02-09-2017, 04:14 PM
The easiest job to automate would be a democrat congressman.
It will always and only vote no.

chadk66
02-09-2017, 04:28 PM
most gov't employees are like robots already so not much change

Inner Dirt
02-09-2017, 04:31 PM

You seriously don't see the benefit of self check out?

boxcar
02-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Combine these two, then wait 20 years. By then building an artificial politician should be easy. The day is coming when some people will vote for a robot even though they know it's a robot.

https://futurism.com/googles-ai-is-learning-to-make-other-ai/

http://www.truecompaniontv.com/tv/

You've been on the pipe dreams too long. Seek rehab ASAP.

boxcar
02-09-2017, 05:50 PM

:lol: :lol: I can't wait to see the body count self-driving cars will produce.

boxcar
02-09-2017, 05:51 PM
most gov't employees are like robots already so not much change

The "change" would come in the billions saved in salaries and pensions by employing real robots.

boxcar
02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
You seriously don't see the benefit of self check out?

They can be a royal pain.

TJDave
02-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Catch 22.

If you stop paying a significant portion of the work force for doing insignificant jobs you will wind up paying them on the dole.

Unless you want food riots.

chadk66
02-09-2017, 06:08 PM
The "change" would come in the billions saved in salaries and pensions by employing real robots.that part I can fully support:ThmbUp:

boxcar
02-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Catch 22.

If you stop paying a significant portion of the work force for doing insignificant jobs you will wind up paying them on the dole.

The Dems' dream finally come true! The Dems would become a national party instead of a regional one.