PDA

View Full Version : Succession Planning

Endearus
02-08-2017, 09:55 PM
While no one likes to talk about it, I'm concerned with how Black Magic, JCapper, HTR, etc. plan to handle their software and data subscriptions, and enhancements once they die. Do they have able apprentices they are training/teaching that will become their successors or is it a once in a lifetime product we are buying, literally. Where will I go if I need to re-download software, with help with a reinstall, with questions about how to use the product. Which vendors are equipped to deal with this issue?

Thanks

Eric

JustRalph
02-08-2017, 09:56 PM
I hope the game dies first

kingfin66
02-08-2017, 10:53 PM
While no one likes to talk about it, I'm concerned with how Black Magic, JCapper, HTR, etc. plan to handle their software and data subscriptions, and enhancements once they die. Do they have able apprentices they are training/teaching that will become their successors or is it a once in a lifetime product we are buying, literally. Where will I go if I need to re-download software, with help with a reinstall, with questions about how to use the product. Which vendors are equipped to deal with this issue?

Thanks

Eric

Eric,

If you own one of these programs why not just ask the vendor. I am sure that if you posed the question to Pizzolla, Platt, or Massa respectively, they would be happy to answer. This is likely something that they have each thought about at some point. We are all, after all, mere mortals.

thaskalos
02-08-2017, 11:51 PM

Thanks

Eric

Your concern may not materialize, Eric. YOU might die FIRST.

Endearus
02-09-2017, 12:27 AM
Your concern may not materialize, Eric. YOU might die FIRST.

What odds will you give me?

Endearus
02-09-2017, 12:35 AM
Eric,

If you own one of these programs why not just ask the vendor. I am sure that if you posed the question to Pizzolla, Platt, or Massa respectively, they would be happy to answer. This is likely something that they have each thought about at some point. We are all, after all, mere mortals.

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful response. I will ask directly.
In my estimation though, death is something we all put off in one way or another, tis never thought of by some. Aside: Friend ,sharp learned, will not write a will cause he thinks if he writes one, then he will die (immediately or not I do not know).

thaskalos
02-09-2017, 12:44 AM
What odds will you give me?

I would need more information about you before I make such a determination. But I can tell off-hand that tact isn't a strong-suit of yours, so...this can't be considered an asset in a quest for a long life.

Your original post here is crass, Eric. If this "concern" of yours is indeed legitimate...then there are other ways of appeasing it than by starting a thread such as this on a public board.

Tom
02-09-2017, 08:12 AM
deathclock.com

thaskalos
02-09-2017, 08:42 AM
deathclock.com
I was told that I would die on Thursday, August 23rd, 2035. I guess I should have said that I was an "optimist".

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 08:47 AM
I was told that I would die on Thursday, August 23rd, 2035. I guess I should have said that I was an "optimist".

You're going to miss the Travers, that's not acceptable. Ask them to move it back a week. :)

Tom
02-09-2017, 10:44 AM
I've been at room temperature for several years now. :eek::faint: