PDA

View Full Version : Will Tom Brady go to the White House?

JustRalph
02-07-2017, 05:16 AM
Patriot players already saying they won't go...

Will Tommy boy? I say no.........because his wife will urge him to pass

barahona44
02-07-2017, 08:29 AM
3 year old article on the history of athletes who have refused ( or is it declined) White House invites

http://theweek.com/articles/460872/18-athletes-who-refused-visit-white-house

I recall the Tim Thomas refusal got quite a bit of attention here in New England.

I say Brady goes.He's the face of the franchise.

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2017, 10:30 AM
I find this whole anti-Trump thing patently ridiculous. Nothing but a media creation. People act as if Trump is doing things nobody has ever done before or dreamed of doing.

With that said, I applaud the anti-Trumpers for crafting this image of Trump for us to consume. It's just too bad you couldn't stop him from actually being elected... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CincyHorseplayer
02-07-2017, 10:37 AM
This is smoke. This is still protesting an election. Pathetic. Cracks me up! Every asshole in my town that is anti Trump and smokes weed now thinks they are a revolutionary! This is NOT a revolution! It's a moron-athon!

NJ Stinks
02-07-2017, 11:51 AM
I find this whole anti-Trump thing patently ridiculous. Nothing but a media creation. People act as if Trump is doing things nobody has ever done before or dreamed of doing.

With that said, I applaud the anti-Trumpers for crafting this image of Trump for us to consume. It's just too bad you couldn't stop him from actually being elected... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do understand that many people believe Don to be mentally unstable? You do understand that many people believe he is quite capable of getting us into another war that he started?

Otherwise, you are right. Let's :lol:

FYI: When I say "many people", I mean the majority of people in this country who voted for somebody else.

Clocker
02-07-2017, 11:57 AM

Will Tommy boy? I say no.........because his wife will urge him to pass

Which players say they won't go?

Stories I have read say that Brady and Trump have been personal friends for some time, but that Brady stayed neutral on the election because his wife is strongly opposed to Trump's immigration policy.

Robert Kraft, in the Fox pre-game interview, spoke very strongly of his friendship with Trump, and said that Trump was a major help to him after Kraft lost his wife. Kraft and Brady are very close, and I think that Brady goes, if for no other reason than out of respect for Kraft and his wife.

And I think that in Belichick's world, taking part in a team function is part of doing your job. ;)

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2017, 12:01 PM
You do understand that many people believe Don to be mentally unstable? You do understand that many people believe he is quite capable of getting us into another war that he started?

Otherwise, you are right. Let's :lol:

FYI: When I say "many people", I mean the majority of people in this country who voted for somebody else.Mentally unstable is "fake news." It's like the people here who think I am mentally unstable. :lol:

If Trump were indeed mentally unstable, it would have been revealed EONS ago by the NY and Hollywood media that has covered him NON STOP since the beginning of time. Or revealed by the multitude of high-profile people he has done business with...golfed with...or the thousands of other things he's done with very public people in very public places over the past few DECADES.

Flamboyant personality with a penchant for self-promotion along with some narcissism thrown in for good measure does NOT equal mentally unstable, in case you didn't know...

He's so mentally unstable he's managed to run his EMPIRE (I use the empire descriptive of the Washington Post, not my own invention) for DECADES. He's so mentally unstable he managed to run a successful network television program for over a DECADE. He's so mentally unstable that he managed to raise children that, by all accounts, are some of the most successful and well adjusted children of a billionaire the world has seen.

If he's mentally unstable, I want some of that instability for my own, please.

#fakenews

NJ Stinks
02-07-2017, 12:08 PM
If he's mentally unstable, I want some of that instability for my own, please.

#fakenews

We can only hope you are right.

magwell
02-07-2017, 12:17 PM
This is smoke. This is still protesting an election. Pathetic. Cracks me up! Every asshole in my town that is anti Trump and smokes weed now thinks they are a revolutionary! This is NOT a revolution! It's a moron-athon!Your right, the left have nothing but nonsense going for them, put a fork in them they are done for next 8 yrs and maybe 16 ........:cool:

Valuist
02-07-2017, 03:16 PM
Trump and Brady are friends. I'd be shocked if he didn't go.

LottaKash
02-07-2017, 03:25 PM
I inadvertently voted no to this question...So take one no vote off...

Since Tom Brady voted for Trump, I see no reason whatsoever that he wouldn't want to shake the hand of the guy that he endorsed...

As for the others who surround him in his life, the heck with them...Every man has a right to vote his will, regardless of wives, and teammates and whoever disagrees with his vote, and standby it....

I say he will, and should, stand to his convictions, and be there...

Robert Fischer
02-07-2017, 03:52 PM
I don't know.

Bennie
02-07-2017, 07:16 PM
I think he goes. His wife already asked him to retire after the game and he said sorry no, I'm having too much fun. Enough people already either love him or hate him so a few more one side or the other won't matter to him. He loves his wife but is still his own man when it comes to the game.

JustRalph
02-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Which players say they won't go?

Stories I have read say that Brady and Trump have been personal friends for some time, but that Brady stayed neutral on the election because his wife is strongly opposed to Trump's immigration policy.

Robert Kraft, in the Fox pre-game interview, spoke very strongly of his friendship with Trump, and said that Trump was a major help to him after Kraft lost his wife. Kraft and Brady are very close, and I think that Brady goes, if for no other reason than out of respect for Kraft and his wife.

And I think that in Belichick's world, taking part in a team function is part of doing your job. ;)

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/several-new-england-patriots-will-not-accept-white-house-invite

jk3521
02-07-2017, 07:41 PM

Fake news !
http://www.abc15.com/news/national/several-new-england-patriots-will-not-accept-white-house-invite

JustRalph
02-07-2017, 10:56 PM
This is smoke. This is still protesting an election. Pathetic. Cracks me up! Every asshole in my town that is anti Trump and smokes weed now thinks they are a revolutionary! This is NOT a revolution! It's a moron-athon!

Love that word.........
moron-athon! :lol:

stuball
02-09-2017, 04:24 PM
remember illegal aliens don't count

BELMONT 6-6-09
02-09-2017, 08:08 PM
I say Brady goes because he is a winner and that's coming from a die hard Jets fan. I never understood Jets fans hating Brady, why? because he kicks our asses every year. I am a competitor and I admire him because he has the drive to win not just compete..as for the losers on the Pats who refuse, that's their choice but they are just following the crowd to be politically correct and align themselves with the lefty loons, be very careful of your choices.

no breathalyzer
02-09-2017, 11:40 PM
Brady goes to WH is -750 in my book 100% locko