PDA

View Full Version : BEL SUN

SAL
07-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Belmont picks for Sunday:

R1 #5 Mt. Majesty-Probable odds on favorite in here. Can’t really make a case for anything else, so I may watch this one.

R2 #1a E Ticket-Made an amazing run to win his last race on the turf. Quite possible that he won’t run that kind of race on the dirt, but I’m willing to take that chance if the price is right. And that price is 3/1 or better.

R3 #9 Queen’s Plaza-Lost all chance on the turn in debut. Barn does well with 2nd out runners. Price should be OK

R4 #6 Come Dance-Ran ok in comebacker first time out for this barn. Runner that finished behind him has returned to win. May get a clear lead in here.

R5 #6 Mike’s Greenfields-Won’t be 18-1 today, but I like him right back. ML fav will be overbet and I like him just as much. Gets a huge jock upgrade.

R6 #5 Bank Audit-Pace should be honest enough in here to set up his late run. Should take to the turf. Velazquez gets on.

R7 #9 Kentucky Pride-Might have a clear open lead today on his second try on the turf. I think that is the key for this runner, an uncontested lead.

R8 #7 Spite the Devil-Ran a great race last time, making up lengths in a fast last fraction while having traffic problems. May be set to handle these.

R9 #6 Hurricane Erica-Will probably be sent again and hopefully will hang on for dear life. 5/1 or better here.

CapperLou
07-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Way to go SAL!!!! Queen's Plaza at 23.00 Win!!!!

Ran a hell of a race and lasted to beat chalk--cannot do any better than this getting this price horse. You are something else at the NY circuit.

You are really helping me--I thought about this one and you pushed me onto this winner. Thx for great picking!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. Where's Suff??? Is he seeing what you have been doing of late?????

G. MONEY
07-25-2004, 03:19 PM
SAL,

JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR POSTING YOUR PICKS...THE LAST FEW WEEKS HAVE BEEN GREAT..AND TODAY LOOKS GREAT AS WELL....THANKS AGAIN.........G.

CapperLou
07-25-2004, 04:17 PM
My Gosh-----Hammered Mike's Greenfields who I liked too!!!

12.40 after the 23.00 Queen's Plaza is an incredible "session" for me. Finished for the day at Belmont!!!

Thank you again Sal---you are really seeing these longshots!!

All the best,

CapperLou

CapperLou
07-25-2004, 04:58 PM
SAL: I'm going to have some longtime friends of mine in Boston send a private jet out to you and fly you in for the convention to give a "Keynote Speech on Handicapping Horses."

I could not resist making a move on this improving Spite the Devil and got it at 7.80--another very good price on this one.

Thanks again--I'm absolutely done for the day now!!!

What a day and what a weekend you and I had. Had my best Saturday in weeks thanks to some help from you!!

All the best,

CapperLou

SAL
07-25-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks Lou and G. Money

I never know how many people actually bet my picks. That's why I always put the reason why I like a particular runner, I think it's better than just throwing numbers up.

I've had a great Belmont meet, glad to be of some help to you. Hopefully it will continue with the Spa coming up.

CapperLou
07-25-2004, 05:41 PM
You are very welcome SAL!!! Darn, I'm heading out to Vegas in less than two weeks and am planning on getting a home there so I can spend part of yr out west and part in Florida.

I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and the way prices have gone up in the Summerlin area--I need to win as much as I can--heck, they are up 40% in last 18 mths--300K & up for a "chicken coup" with a golf course etc.

Hey--it's still cheaper than so cal, right!!!! Anyway, thanks again for your help!! It is really appreciated.

All the best,

CapperLou

charleslanger
07-25-2004, 06:14 PM
And may I pay my humble respects also--

(whatta way to find out, right after the last race of the meet!)