PDA

View Full Version : Our "So-Called" President

barn32
02-05-2017, 09:57 AM
... is acting more and more like a dictator every day.

Tom
02-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Three examples please?

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-05-2017, 10:13 AM
So-called because he was elected by the people.

He is the first President to actually do the things he promised when he ran for office. For that reason, alone, he is on the road to becoming the greatest President in American history.

The people love the fact that he is doing the things he said he would do while ignoring the screeches of the liberal media and Hollywood loons and those who depend on government handouts.

Victory for the working people.

Inner Dirt
02-05-2017, 10:32 AM

He is the first President to actually do the things he promised when he ran for office. For that reason, alone, he is on the road to becoming the greatest President in American history.

The people love the fact that he is doing the things he said he would do while ignoring the screeches of the liberal media and Hollywood loons and those who depend on government handouts.

Exactly, how many times do politicians base their campaign on making promises only people with sub par I.Q. scores believe, that can't be delivered on? My favorite one is Democrats who promise huge increases in social programs and in the same breath say they won't have to raise taxes to do it. A good recent example is I was in California when governor Moonbat was elected he kept saying over and over all the ills of California he would cure without raising taxes while campaigning. I don't think he got through his first day in office without saying taxes must be raised.

BELMONT 6-6-09
02-05-2017, 10:33 AM

Jess you've said it all!!!

BELMONT 6-6-09
02-05-2017, 10:36 AM

The anti-American Kenyan "there are consequences for losing elections" and shoving down our throats all of his policies that the majority of Americans were against. To me, that is a dictator as he went against the people .

Binder
02-05-2017, 10:48 AM
I wish people would get over that they supported the non winner,
and respect Mr Trumps dedication to the working people ,
He could be one of our great leaders , The great leaders lead with their hearts

"TO find some good in you and me ... and will be free..

"Didn't you love the things that they stood for?
Didn't they try to find some good for you and me?
And we'll be free.
Someday soon, it's gonna be
One day."

Greyfox
02-05-2017, 10:58 AM
The great leaders lead with their hearts

The History of the world says otherwise.
You have rose tinted glasses on.

Grits
02-05-2017, 11:16 AM

And we'll be free.
One day."

No great leader has lead with only his heart unless you go back about 2000 years.

The only people here talking about Hillary Clinton are those who have long supported President Trump. The woman lost. She's now playing with her grandchildren and going to the theater, and most here are still whining. Good luck with that... What's the going term of late? Butt hurt.

She's so in the rear view mirror. However, many of the gentlemen here don't proof read their posts. Or else they'd realize--not an original thought that's not been written 100+ times.

Dion wrote and recorded a great song!!! ;)

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-05-2017, 11:23 AM
The great leaders lead with their hearts

A thought provoking statement.

One could point to Lincoln, Gandhi and Mandela to back up your opinion. You might also add Rosa Parks who was merely a woman with no power, but mimicked Popeye's "That's a ll I can stands, I can't stands no more" to change the world. She was an unintended leader.

But we also have examples of leaders who led with their hearts that led to dire consequences. I think of Lenin, Neville Chamberlain and Obama. Those three made terrible decisions but truly believed that their respective hearts were in the right place.

Then, of course, there was Les Nessman who reported that WKRP was celebrating Thanksgiving by dropping live turkeys out of a helicopter. "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." Bringing joy to children on Thanksgiving. Their collective heart was in the right place, but...

Binder
02-05-2017, 11:56 AM
I suck as a writer, I apologize,What I was trying to say is, He is trying to help us Just like our great leaders in the past, but he is going with his gut/ heart . But the non winner supporters don,t understand what its like.

I feel it already , I'm feeling safer driving into the city, I feel he heard guys like me begging for road condition improvements , He said he would, and he will

magwell
02-05-2017, 12:16 PM
... is acting more and more like a dictator every day.Your so called candidate was "damaged goods" and you still cant except it....SMH aka shaking my head :rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
02-05-2017, 12:25 PM
There are numerous other threads regarding Trump, why start a new one with such a brief shallow remark?

iwearpurple
02-05-2017, 12:52 PM
There are numerous other threads regarding Trump, why start a new one with such a brief shallow remark?

He's been stuck in barn 32 since November 8th and just got out.

OntheRail
02-05-2017, 01:01 PM
And the Loons are acting like Dic..s as usual. No thought... no reason... just resist to resist. Twidiots flocking to the dim light of a social media event. No thought... no reason... resist to resist. :rolleyes:

chadk66
02-05-2017, 01:37 PM
There are numerous other threads regarding Trump, why start a new one with such a brief shallow remark?that's what liberals do, drive by shootings.

davew
02-05-2017, 03:07 PM

Soros is not a president, but does seem to be enticing a government overthrow and revolution..

fast4522
02-05-2017, 03:11 PM

And we'll be free.
One day."

I understood your expressions just fine, your link to that sixty's song is cool.
Those who are of open mind can say, lets see how this new path works out.
Those who are of a closed mind are more likely way too invested in the other path. What is real is the globalist have had many years in control.

plainolebill
02-06-2017, 09:45 PM

Dion wrote and recorded a great song!!! ;)

With all due respect, Ian Tyson of Ian and Sylvia and made famous by Judy Collins.

Grits
02-06-2017, 10:30 PM
With all due respect, Ian Tyson of Ian and Sylvia and made famous by Judy Collins.

I'm sorry but this isn't what I've heard for decades. I only recall Dion's hit. I don't believe either of us are correct regarding writer. At least not according to Wiki. But, I do know the first released recording was by Dion. I haven't ever heard Judy Collins sing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham,_Martin_and_John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5hFMy4pTrs

reckless
02-06-2017, 10:33 PM

Not trying to hi-jack this thread but here are my two favorite songs performed by Ian and Sylvia.

The first song, Four Strong Winds, was written by Ian Tyson; the second song, Early Morning Rain, was written by Gordon Lightfoot. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjfTDPhMdTk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyhZXdJ_4l0

plainolebill
02-07-2017, 01:19 AM
I'm sorry but this isn't what I've heard for decades. I only recall Dion's hit. I don't believe either of us are correct regarding writer. At least not according to Wiki. But, I do know the first released recording was by Dion. I haven't ever heard Judy Collins sing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham,_Martin_and_John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5hFMy4pTrs

I'm sorry, I was wrong - I was thinking of a completely different song.

NJ Stinks
02-07-2017, 01:53 AM
Then, of course, there was Les Nessman who reported that WKRP was celebrating Thanksgiving by dropping live turkeys out of a helicopter. "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." Bringing joy to children on Thanksgiving. Their collective heart was in the right place, but...

I didn't know about Les and the turkeys! :D

Thanks. :ThmbUp: