PDA

View Full Version : Irad: Lose that whip

NorCalGreg
02-05-2017, 08:57 AM
These are the 2 running lines & comment on 6th race MDSW :7: MIGGSY .

Miggsy doesn't like to be whipped--never seen this comment back-to-back.

Wondering if that is a serious negative...the horse may be headstrong and stubborn. I really don't have a clue--any horsemen or knowledgeable 'cappers have any thoughts?

Irad's again up for Rudy Rod--Miggsy will once again take big money.

If RR does anything "average"...it's stretching out sprint to route 1st time..and Miggsy is going long today, after two sprints.

On paper this horse dominates the field--Play or Pass in your Pick-4 ticket today?

EMD4ME
02-05-2017, 09:15 AM
It would be nice if Nyra's replay site wasn't down for 12 hours plus but I watched the first out run and there didn't look to be any shying from the whip. Horse was whipped multiple times with no issue.

I did see Irad not riding too hard in the 2nd start (in the lane).

These chartcallers don't seem to realize the whip is a steering mechanism quite often, whip a horse left handed 10 times and the horse just might run outward (DUH). Chartcallers writes "drifted out".

They make $10 an hour or something similar, what do you expect? :lol: :bang:

EMD4ME
02-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Here's what makes me curious. If he knows he's entering the 7, why enter the 1A?

Is he planning on using the 1A to clear and have the 7 sit 1st over? Does he want a slow target for his horse?

CincyHorseplayer
02-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Younger fillies tend to do this.

EMD4ME
02-05-2017, 03:26 PM
If Irad didn't have the whip, poor Muggsy loses...... :lol:

NorCalGreg
02-06-2017, 06:00 AM
It would be nice if Nyra's replay site wasn't down for 12 hours plus but I watched the first out run and there didn't look to be any shying from the whip. Horse was whipped multiple times with no issue.

I did see Irad not riding too hard in the 2nd start (in the lane).

These chartcallers don't seem to realize the whip is a steering mechanism quite often, whip a horse left handed 10 times and the horse just might run outward (DUH). Chartcallers writes "drifted out".

They make $10 an hour or something similar, what do you expect? :lol: :bang:

The chart-caller in NY is the absolute best as far as his description of the race--and I read charts from everywhere.

$10 an hour isn't worth getting out of bed for--nowadays.

EMD4ME
02-06-2017, 08:03 AM
The chart-caller in NY is the absolute best as far as his description of the race--and I read charts from everywhere.

$10 an hour isn't worth getting out of bed for--nowadays.

That chartcaller does a fine job. Best I've read country wide as well .