What should NFL cheerleaders get paid?

They have to -
Try and make team - some have application fee
Training of moves and dances - some have 3-4 week solid training camp
Special events around home region - appearances and sign photos and stuff
Get fined for missing practice sessions, events, games

Currently most are getting $100-$150 / game > less than $2000 / season

definitely well below minimum wage

NFL/team owners are exploiting them and are going to lose BIG time if they do not settle before trial.

Greyfox
02-04-2017, 04:35 PM
I thought only hookers sued for "back pay." :rolleyes: Groan

Actor
02-04-2017, 05:23 PM
What do the girls in a chorus line in Vegas get paid? Seems like the same line of work to me.

cj
02-04-2017, 06:06 PM
It is ridiculous that the NFL doesn't pay a fair wage. I hope they lose their ass in court.

Binder
02-04-2017, 07:59 PM
California law
I know in the trucking industry If you work in Cali you now must be paid for all time on duty driving or waiting on duty .
Trucking companies have been sending us drivers back pay , some are in class action lawsuits We got paid on for miles driven Now we get on duty time too.
I hope the young ladies get what they worked hard for

schweitz
02-04-2017, 07:59 PM
The NFL pays the cheerleaders? Seems like that would be each teams responsibility.

Inner Dirt
02-05-2017, 01:51 PM
I am on the fence, I cannot believe how the NFL makes boat loads of money, pay the commissioner a king's ransom, huge player salaries then cheap out on things like cheerleader pay, catching FGs and extra points in nets to save from giving away $500 in souvenirs a game.

On the other hand it is known a lot of girls do the cheer leading for exposure.
Many do it and land other jobs as models, actresses, etc. I am sure the NFL could pay them nothing and there would be plenty of volunteers.

TJDave
02-05-2017, 05:17 PM
I am sure the NFL could pay them nothing and there would be plenty of volunteers.

Nothing is what they're good for. Would the public stop watching games if they weren't there? Get rid or them.

Frost king
02-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Steelers don't have any, and the stadium is sold out all the time.

ElKabong
02-05-2017, 09:22 PM
It is ridiculous that the NFL doesn't pay a fair wage. I hope they lose their ass in court.

Same here

LottaKash
02-06-2017, 12:11 AM
When it comes to Schoolboy Football, whether H.S. or College, sure the the cheerleaders are nice to have I guess, as it gets the kids to participate in the game thing...Adrenaline and rooting and all..

But imo in the pros, I feel it is all about the vanity, and nothing more...

Totally unnecessary at that level of entertainment... Fans will cheer and jeer anyway..