PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Sat., Feb. 4

Teach
02-04-2017, 12:18 PM
Race One:

:6: Wage Acceleration could be "any kinda horse". Quality Road-breds immediately get my attention (he holds the 6 and 1/2 panels "Spa" track record). Yet, I don't know what to expect from this first-timer. Watch this colt on the track. Watch him on the board. If he breaks alertly (I believe he wants to go longer), he's "a player". Yet, a lot of "ifs". Others: :5: , :3: , :4: .

Race Two:

:6: Oneballnostrikes fits in this field. Trainer John Servis does well with beaten favorites. "The Louisiana Kid," Kendrick Carmouche, is in the irons. Others: :7: , :1: , :3:

Race Three:

:1: Full House stretches out a couple panels. The question: Can she handle the distance? If she can, she can get the job done. Trainer Jimmy Jerkens is having an outstanding "Big A" meet. Jockey Rajiv Maragh has been "on the muscle". It appears that the rail is the place to be. Others: :5: , :2: , :8:

Race Four:

:6: T R Crew can handle the mile and "a tenth". Two wins in a row at a mile. This colt has hit the tote in six-straight main track efforts. Antonio Gallardo has his boots in the stirrups for trainer David Donk. Others: :4: , :2: , :3:

Race Five:

:7: Tipit should benefit from the turn back to six furlongs. This 4 year-old gelding has faced much better throughout his career. This colt has hit the board in half of his eight lifetime tries. Samy Camacho, Jr. is in the irons for the solid conditioner, Ed DeLauro. Others: :5: , :6: , :9:

Race Six:

:9: Peacock Strut should be out and winging when the gates open. This gelding is coming back on short rest, but the gelding's trainer, Mario Serey, Jr., does very well in that category. Apprentice Luis Reyes is in the irons. Others: :7: , :4: , :3:

Race Seven:

:9: Tashreeh should benefit from his outside starting post. This Hard Spun-bred gelding won his last at Aqueduct in mid December. The gelding is most capable of making it two in a row. Irad Ortiz, Jr. is in the irons for trainer Rudy Rodriguez. Others: :6: , :7: , :3:

Race Eight:

:4: El Areeb is my choice in the Grade III Withers. This colt has won three-straight, including the Grade III Jerome a little over one month ago, albeit on a muddy track. Cathal Lynch trains; the most capable Trevor McCarthy rides. Others: :8: , :7: , :6:

Race Nine:

:7: Maple Mo is my pick in the 6-furlongs finale. This Uncle Mo-bred filly came up short in a Aqueduct route about one month ago, She now turns back to six panels. That most certainly enhances this horse's chances. Antonio Gallardo has his boots in the stirrups for trainer Linda Rice.
Others: :8: , :9: , :3: