PDA

View Full Version : Battalion Runner

PowerUpPaynter
02-03-2017, 07:15 PM
I really liked him going into today and the time was OK but considering the class of the race. I just kinda expected more... Interested to see what the beyer comes back as.

letswastemoney
02-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Going into the race, he only had the third highest TimeformUS number. So I thought he was slightly overhyped.

With that said, he has a high ceiling with so few starts. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned into a monster eventually (nor would I be surprised if he's just another stakes horse).

PowerUpPaynter
02-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Read Battalion Runner will train right up til the Florida Derby... Very odd... but who am I to second guess Todd Pletcher....

Hurt or is Pletcher that confident... Think Big Brown took a similar path to derby.

andtheyreoff
02-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Read Battalion Runner will train right up til the Florida Derby... Very odd... but who am I to second guess Todd Pletcher....

Hurt or is Pletcher that confident... Think Big Brown took a similar path to derby.

Actually, given that he's only won one Derby despite having dozens of contenders over the years, you have plenty of justification for second-guessing Pletcher.

PowerUpPaynter
02-13-2017, 07:13 AM
Actually, given that he's only won one Derby despite having dozens of contenders over the years, you have plenty of justification for second-guessing Pletcher.

Gotta figure at some point we are gonna blink and Pletcher is going to have a couple of Derby wins under the belt. Im not saying im a Pletcher fan I could really care less. He does seem like a hated trainer tho for whatever reason.