PDA

View Full Version : Sam McKee has suffered a major stroke

SandyW
02-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Friends and family,

As you have heard, our colleague and friend Sam McKee has suffered a major stroke. There will be a challenging road ahead for his emotional and physical recovery. Sam will most likely require months of physical rehabilitation. In addition, there will certainly be the financial strain that will accompany this journey. On behalf of Sam’s family, I kindly ask you to consider donating anything that will help Sam and his family in this difficult time.

Many of us have had the privilege to work with Sam over the years. His knowledge, devotion and love for the sport of horseracing is simply unmatched. Anytime he walks into a room, his energy and excitement is infectious. If we all had HALF the enthusiasm Sam has in our own respective jobs, we’d all be so lucky. Sam is a tireless worker and he gives all of himself to promote his beloved sport.

While Sam’s work credentials are impressive, they still pale in comparison to the man he is. Sam is kind, thoughtful and a lot of fun. He is also incredibly generous. Let us take this opportunity to give back to him!

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Help spread the word!
https://www.gofundme.com/sam-mckees-medical-fund

MonmouthParkJoe
02-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Couldnt have said it better myself. Sam is one of the good guys in the game, and I am fortunate enough to call him my friend. Praying for a speedy recovery.

lamboguy
02-03-2017, 07:19 PM
i am going to go to fund me and send some money. its not the money that will help him, its the many people that show they care about him that will do about a million times more than the money that will help him get better.

lamboguy
02-03-2017, 11:28 PM
the goal is $100,000 and so far they have collected $75,000. this is a good feeling to see people step up to the plate for someone in need. it really doesn't get any better.

MonmouthParkJoe
02-04-2017, 08:12 AM
the goal is $100,000 and so far they have collected $75,000. this is a good feeling to see people step up to the plate for someone in need. it really doesn't get any better.

and in such a short time frame. really speaks volumes

lamboguy
02-04-2017, 08:29 AM
and in such a short time frame. really speaks volumessay what you want about this game, but horse people are the very best the world has to offer.

lamboguy
02-05-2017, 01:33 AM
they went above the goal, just looked and its now $106,000 and still going. some of the drivers like Scott Zeron contributed $2500 without batting an eyelash.

SandyW
02-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Thank you everybody, over $130,000 donated, God Bless.

upthecreek
03-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Just heard on TVG, Sam McKee passed away last night or early this morning, sad news

lamboguy
03-08-2017, 12:17 PM
very sad to hear this bad news. we were all hoping and praying for him and his family.

racing just lost a super star

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2017, 12:37 PM
https://twitter.com/DRFHarness/status/839516467053883394

LottaKash
03-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Oh, how sad for him and his family... My condolences to them all, and for us as well, as we have lost a great friend in Horseracing...

Sam McKee was a great racecaller, and a fine man, and I truly believed that he just plain loved his job and this sport....

I will miss his presence at The Big-M, and at the Grand Circuit Fairs...

marksinger
03-08-2017, 05:33 PM
So so sad. Seemed like such a nice down - to - earth - man. He'll be sorely missed. Loved his race calling.

MonmouthParkJoe
03-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Horrible news, young guy with a family. For as great as he was in his career in the industry he was an even better human being.

He talked me into coming out here for this program, even wrote me a letter of recommendation. Before coming back from winter break i was attempting to make the trip to aqueduct in the snowstorm but figured they would cancel. Last minute decision went up to the meadowlands. I made it a point to go see him in the announcers booth since I hadnt talked to him in person once I came out here. I am glad I did.

Stoleitbreezing
03-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Condolences to his family, friends, and all those that knew and loved him. His passion and dedication behind the scenes at the Meadowlands along with his superb race calling will be sorely missed.