PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Friday, February 3, 2017

Teach
02-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Race One:

:5: BEAR SHE GOES is my longshot try in the opener. I know. I know. This bay filly has been away from the races…as Billy Joel would say, “For the longest time”. Yet, you know what “The Big A,” the pride of St. John’s University, Tony Stabile, says, one of the most precipitous drops is when you go from MSWs into maiden claimers. Does that mean that this 3 year-old is going to “pop”? Can’t say… But if she does, “Bada Bing!” Hey, I’m lookin’ for value. This filly’s only race don’t mean diddle. She bobbled after the start in the mud. I’ll give her a “mulligan” (When I play golf, every stroke’s a “mulligan”!). Well, this filly now catches a short field and she also gets an outside post. Antonio Gallardo is capable. Stranger things have happened. Others: :1: , :3: , :4:

Race Two:

:7: ONE SIDED is my pick in this claiming route. Route races is where this 5 year-old appears to have had the most success. One thing’s for certain: he has faced better. This Elusive Quality-bred was claimed out his last and now takes up residency in the Jason Servis barn. Servis, by the way, does extremely well with in the first-off-a-claim category. I should add that Servis also does well when going from sprint to route. Further, this horse’s most recent work was good, 4 panels in :49.4, breezing. Antonio Gallardo has his boots in the stirrups. Others: :1: , :5: , :3:

Race Three:

:1: SPECTACULAR FLASH gets my nod in this claiming sprint. This Mineshaft-bred chestnut mare won her last start against slightly better upstate at Finger Lakes in early November. I must admit: the lengthy layoff concerns me. Yet, this mare’s trainer, Jeremiah Englehart, is a solid conditioner who does particularly well with claim repeaters. Further, a decent morning work-tab eases concerns. One thing is for certain: this mare has faced better throughout her racing career. The pride of Lafayette, LA, “the King of Zydeco (get your rub boards and “squeeze boxes” out), Kendrick Carmouche, is in the irons. Others: :4: , :7: , :6:

Race Four:

:11: MISS EMILY’S SMILE is my pick in this maiden claiming state-bred sprint. I like it that this Bustin Stones-bred filly starts from the outside post (less likelihood of bumping). This 3 year-old filly has the kind of early speed to put her in a good stalking position. This filly has been away from the races for over two months: that concerns me. Her morning work-tab is mediocre. Yet, she has faced better throughout her career. Jeremias Flores is in the irons for trainer Paul Barrow. Others: :4: , :7: , :9:

Race Five:

:6: GONNA BE MORGAN is my selection in this claiming sprint. This daughter of Pomeroy has faced better over her brief career, including tries against non-graded state-bred stakes company. I believe this filly will be out and going when the gates unlatch. Further, this filly fits quite nicely in this company. “Double-A,” Angel Arroyo, has his feet in the stirrups. Trainer Tom Morley – he’s having an un-Morley-like campaign – is the filly’s conditioner. Yet, Morley does very well in first-time claiming events. Others: :2: , :7: , :4:

I'll be back later with my other picks.

Teach
02-03-2017, 02:46 PM
Race Six:

:6: , :5: , :4: , :8:

Race Seven:

:7: , :9: , :5: , :4:

Race Eight:

:3: , :2: , :4: , :5:

Race Nine:

:7: , :2: , :6: , :8: