PDA

View Full Version : RICKY WILLIAMS IS RETIRING!!!!!

Bubbles
07-25-2004, 02:06 AM
No joke. Was just reported on ESPN as breaking news. And the guy was just starting to hit the prime years of his career. Would have been great to see his stats three, four years down the road.

CapperLou
07-25-2004, 04:57 AM
Bad luck continues for the Dolphins!!! I can't blame this great athlete for "not wanting to play HERE any longer."

You have a coach who should have been fired and he has no offensive line in front of him.

I'm sure that he agrees with me on above overall---and he sees no light at end of tunnel with Miami.

Yes, he does have a serious pot problem and the NFL is after him and does not give a damn about most of the other stars.

Well, it's going to be SHAQ time in south florida!!!! The Dolphins are finally (hard to believe--this being a football town) going to take a back seat---hell--the way they have played the last many years--they deserve it. Marino was smart to stay with TV--he would have to be nuts to have given up that deal and work for a terrible NFL coach who Wayne did not have the balls to fire.

Yeah, I know--Dave was good in college---but in the NFL he has sucked and that's why the most exciting runner in football is leaving us. I've had it with the dolphins---did not renew seats I had for 22 years.

All the best,

CapperLou

CryingForTheHorses
07-25-2004, 05:37 AM
Its a shame HUZINGA didnt do more to help the team. WANNSTATT is a big crybaby,Always wanting his own way, How can you coach a team and not have any say in what goes on...sounds to me like another BLOCKBUSTER trade in in the works down the road, When I first came to s florida the fall of 1972, Everybody was singing The Miami Dolphins song...Hell I even bought a miami dolphin teeshirt and jumped on the bandwagon.SADLY they remind me of my BELOVED Toronto Maple Leafs.Strat fast and finish last.Going to miss you RICKY..Good luck

CapperLou
07-25-2004, 08:48 AM
McSchell, look what happened to my beloved Boston Celtics!!!

Thanks Ricky; I actually enjoyed going to the games again just so I could watch you play and shake my head in wonder!!

Ricky: Good Luck and take a year off and try to play again for a good organization----not a business animal like Wayne--who has a rotten reputation with everyone who has done business with him who I have ever met or not met.

We are all going to miss your exciting athleticism--there has not been any excitement here since Marino & the Mark's brothers!!

You gave us something to yell about!!

All the best,

CapperLou

Binder
07-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Maybe He like the rest of the AFC east
teams realize
The Patriots are just too strong ......
Just kidding :)

Is the average career of an NFL running back still about 3 years ?
I heard that stat once

Go J.E.T.S jets Jets JETS

CryingForTheHorses
07-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Ricky was GREAT fot the dolphins, TOO bad they didnt have a little beef behind him, Hell this guy has millions now and I dont blame him for retireing, I wouldnt want to be hit by guys the size of MACK trucks. He says he is TIRED of football!..I think he is tired of a WIMP coach and a EGOTISTICAL owner..Him and STEINBRENER should be brothers,Least the yankee guy will go after a GREAT player for his baseball team.The dolphins need to get rid their coach and bring in a guy that CAMANDS respect,NOT hope for it.MARINO nixxed his deal cause he didnt like the WIMPY coach and deprived Dolphin fans to see him win a ring even if he didnt play.Its been 30+ years since a superbowl!
At this rate HUZINGA will be 6 feet under before we see another one.
Glad your happy Ricky, You health and peace of mind are the most important atributes you can have.

sq764
07-25-2004, 10:49 PM
I also think Ricky Williams is not all there upstairs.. He is a few cards shorts of a full deck.

Valuist
07-25-2004, 11:00 PM
I've suspected drugs w/him for a long time. He supposedly tested twice for pot in the offseason but I wouldn't be shocked if there was more there. Remember all the fuss when the Colts drafted Edgarrin James ahead of him? That may be a reason why. Ditka mortgaged his future as Saints coach trading all those draft picks. I thought Ricky would put up big numbers in his first season w/the Dolphins because he'd actually work out in the offseason. He did. Then came 2003 and he was back to 3.5 yards per carry. What a waste of talent.

As for you Dolphin fans, the good thing is this will help get rid of the worst coach in the NFL, Dave Wannstedt. We here in Chicago saw that dog and pony show (minus the pony) for a number of years. Biggest joke in pro sports is that he has a head coaching job. He mortgaged his future hoping Rick Mirer would be a savior at QB. Enough said.

CapperLou
07-25-2004, 11:52 PM
You are right on the money as we horseplayers say. Correct about Ricky and so so correct about Dave!!

A couple of Dolphins whom I know just smile and giggle when you ask them about the coach. He's the laughing stock of coaches amongst the players in the entire league.

Only an egotistocal Wayne would give this guy a head coaching job after the way he completely screwed up in Chicago.

Valuist, we need to get Dave out of here ASAP!!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

linrom1
07-26-2004, 12:20 AM
The guy is awfull, one of the most overated players in a long time. New Orleans couln't wait to get rid of him where he contrubuted as much as he did for Miami, nothing. He's too small, too slow and can't maintain his balance, one hit and ge's down.

Dan Montilion
07-26-2004, 03:10 AM
Damn Shaq. Can't he get along with anybody?

Dan Montilion

Valuist
07-26-2004, 09:48 AM
As for Ricky, I think he took a few too many hits, and I'm not talking about on the football field.

kenwoodallpromos
07-26-2004, 04:24 PM
He's a genius for quitting while still healthy. Give me a million a year and I will quit after 1 year.

Valuist
07-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Supposedly if he would've stayed, his fine for a second positive drug test was going to be staggering. Something like $650,000. I also heard his agent thinks there's a chance he'll change his mind. Funny how this came up right before training camp.

sq764
07-28-2004, 09:55 AM
Well, if his thought was to take off a year and avoid the stiff penatly, that's could work.. BUT, the problem is he'll likely be smoking even more after having a year off of doing nothing

CapperLou
07-28-2004, 10:06 AM
A couple of guys--one an agent and the other a sportscaster here in south florida say that this is all about MONEY!!

They say Ricky feels that he is grossly underpaid since he is a "franchise" player.

The word here amongst those guys is that when the Dolphins offer him the right contract--he will be back!!!!

Can't blame him too much!!!! He's sure caused deep sh-- here for now. Wayne and his buddy Dave deserve it though. Oh yeah, did I mention that this great athlete does not want to play for Dave!!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

cj
07-28-2004, 11:04 AM
The thing that cracks me up is how a lot of reporters, coaches, players, and fans are saying how "disloyal" he is being to his team. Give me a freaking break! How many players are cut because owners don't want to pay the salary owed to a player anymore? Players who were certainly not finished and went on to star with other teams. Management has zero loyalty to players, why should players not reciprocate in the same manner?

CapperLou
07-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Man----you are right on the money. The players get screwed by the owners all the time when an injury happens and it's contract renewal time.

Ricky knows what the Dolphins have done to some of his teamates lately.

A good example is how they messed around with someone who I know personally---Oronde Gadsden. Coach Dave LIED to him all the way!!!!

Ricky knows what he is doing---he is no fool or sucker!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

Speed Figure
07-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Have a happy life RICKY!
http://www.hightimes.com/htimages/1_cover_2002-08.jpg