EMD4ME
02-01-2017, 07:10 PM
Charles Town race 1 2/1/17

$119k out of $138k bet to show on the :1:

Lost rider at the start :eek:

I LOVE IT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

VeryOldMan
02-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Who in their right mind would bridge jump on an unrestricted $5,000 claiming maiden race at CT?

Lucy's Bob Boy to show in a 5 or 6 horse WV bred race a few years ago - of course. But this one?!

EMD4ME
02-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Who in their right mind would bridge jump on an unrestricted $5,000 claiming maiden race at CT?

Lucy's Bob Boy to show in a 5 or 6 horse WV bred race a few years ago - of course. But this one?!

No one "should" bridge jump as this can happen.

However, I hope many RICH people bridge jump and lose all the money they can afford to lose :lol:

VeryOldMan
02-01-2017, 07:33 PM
No one "should" bridge jump as this can happen.

However, I hope many RICH people bridge jump and lose all the money they can afford to lose :lol:
Amen. But LBB's jockey probably could have remounted and finished in the money in small WV bred fields :)

EMD4ME
02-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Amen. But LBB's jockey probably could have remounted and finished in the money in small WV bred fields :)

Well :lol: in that Pegasus broadcast commercial, the jock did run on his own and win by a nose :lol:

VeryOldMan
02-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Well :lol: in that Pegasus broadcast commercial, the jock did run on his own and win by a nose :lol:
We're getting far afield, but I think I've discovered someone else who watched those commercials and wondered WTF?! :) Watched the Pegasus with a horse racing buddy, and we just shook our heads at those commercials - who thought they would make more people want to watch this sport and the Pegasus in particular?!

EMD4ME
02-01-2017, 08:57 PM
We're getting far afield, but I think I've discovered someone else who watched those commercials and wondered WTF?! :) Watched the Pegasus with a horse racing buddy, and we just shook our heads at those commercials - who thought they would make more people want to watch this sport and the Pegasus in particular?!

The dumbasses who chase the casual player and ignore the player who bets a million plus. That's who.

lamboguy
02-01-2017, 09:35 PM
i got taken down in the 3rd race at Charlestown this evening on a very questionable call. i watched the replay 50 times already and thought the horse that got bothered was trying to split horses in a hole that didn't exist. but i know that is life when it comes down to West Virginia racing. the same jockey was on the horse that got taken down in the 3rd race and fell off in the first.