PDA

View Full Version : Chad Brown Gets a good 'un here

ARAZI91
02-01-2017, 05:23 PM
Heard today that Chad Brown is to train Time Test (previously trained by Roger Charlton here in the UK and a Group 2 winner at York)
Watch out for this one could be the new Flintshire. Needs a fast pace and decent ground and has a turn of foot - has recorded some excellent speed figures in my book and could be Grade One Class. Never really got suitable turf consistently and always looked as if he had still to mature over here but still ran some excellent races. Ran at Keeneland back in 2015 in the Turf Mile(Tepin) and never got into the race. Personally think a touch more prominent run style would have suited better. By Dubawi out of a Group One winning 2yo Passage Of Time.

Spalding No!
02-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Heard today that Chad Brown is to train Time Test (previously trained by Roger Charlton here in the UK and a Group 2 winner at York)
Watch out for this one could be the new Flintshire. Needs a fast pace and decent ground and has a turn of foot - has recorded some excellent speed figures in my book and could be Grade One Class. Never really got suitable turf consistently and always looked as if he had still to mature over here but still ran some excellent races. Ran at Keeneland back in 2015 in the Turf Mile(Tepin) and never got into the race. Personally think a touch more prominent run style would have suited better. By Dubawi out of a Group One winning 2yo Passage Of Time.
Given his European campaign, isn't this horse more likely to contest middle distances rather than the races Flintshire raced in?

ARAZI91
02-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Given his European campaign, isn't this horse more likely to contest middle distances rather than the races Flintshire raced in?

I was relating to the style of Flintshire adapting to the US with Brown.
But i feel 12 furlongs is within Time Test's scope - he stayed 10F on softish ground on wide galloping tracks over here so it would not be a surprise. The dam was Group class round about 10F and Dubawi gets plenty of stayers.
BTW Middle Distance over here is the races Flintshire runs in!! :)