PDA

View Full Version : Sox -Yanks

Suff
07-24-2004, 08:15 PM
What a GAME!! A 2 run walk off by muller...

11-10 sox.

A-rod fights like a girle-man PA...

But Varitek put the boots to him but good...!

And how about that Pitcher Starks sneaking up behind Kaplar? What a cheap shot! Thats ok.,. Kaplar put a Chief J Strong Bone sleeper hold on him... Until his Yankee buddys came to save him..

This game was a BIG turning point... Big!

Bubbles
07-24-2004, 08:24 PM
Suff...

It better be a big turning point. You guys are still 8.5 games back of the Bombers.

Suff
07-24-2004, 08:44 PM
7.5 after tommorrow... then we're in the bronx next weekend for another set.... Trust me! This game was HUGE!

Did you see the brawl? A-Rod...He's funny. He picked on the wrong guy. Jason Varitek is built like a Tree. He bowled right over him. A-Rod is a big guy.. Probably never been backed up iin his Life. Varitek Picked him right up! Then Kaplar Body slammed Stark... Sweet. What a whooping we put on them.

Bubbles
07-24-2004, 09:05 PM
I personally think A-Rod was an idiot. He picked a fight with a catcher in full gear. Like he was gonna get in a good shot.

sq764
07-24-2004, 10:37 PM
This all filters back to the theory that these players are damn pansies..

You get hit, you WALK TO FIRST BASE!!

You're not allowed to hit Alex Rodqiguez?? Tough shit wussy boy, it's part of the game.

sq764
07-25-2004, 12:10 AM
I finally got to see the highlights of this game.. WOW!!

I would love to be there for a game..

cj
07-25-2004, 05:15 AM
It was a horribly played game. Neither one of these teams will win it all.

sq764
07-25-2004, 10:52 AM
CJ, it was a very entertaining game and the intensity is second to none.

I could have told you neither one of these is going to win the world series long before this game..

National league is much stronger right now

Suff
07-25-2004, 10:54 AM
An A-Rod bean ball once again turned the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry bloody yesterday, setting up a series finale tonight sure to be filled with fireworks.

The third-inning melee, which seemed a distant memory after Boston's 11-9 win on a walk-off home run, lasted only five minutes, but led to two ejections and a pitcher beaten until blood poured from his face.

The stands also began buzzing, with dozens of fights and a slew of ejections. Yankee fans were showered with beer as they dejectedly made their way toward the doors after the loss.

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/28014.htm

JustRalph
07-25-2004, 01:04 PM
one in the eye.........

sq764
07-25-2004, 01:57 PM
As Ramirez is saying "STOP STOP, please stop, watch my pretty face! I didn't want to fight, I was just saying FU to make me look tough"

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by sq764
You get hit, you WALK TO FIRST BASE!!

You're not allowed to hit Alex Rodqiguez?? Tough shit wussy boy, it's part of the game.

You're out of your mind! Did you watch the same game I did? A-Rod WAS WALKING TO FIRST BASE, exactly as you said he should.

Red Sox are nothing but a bunch of classless thugs. They ain't a team, and they have no shot.

Maybe they ought to "Cowboy Up" again. That worked out real well last year....

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Suff
He picked on the wrong guy. Jason Varitek is built like a Tree. He bowled right over him. A-Rod is a big guy.. Probably never been backed up iin his Life. Varitek Picked him right up! Then Kaplar Body slammed Stark... Sweet. What a whooping we put on them.

Yeah, what was it 3 or 4 on ONE where Stark was concerned....that was a fair fight...with your Ortiz swinging like a wildman but landing no shots....that was funny.

And Varitek should take off his mask next time he wants to start a fight. He's a real man, right? Wasn't he cupping A-Rod's balls at one point??? LOL

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Suff
This game was a BIG turning point... Big!

You keep holding onto that dream.....dreams are good to have...they provide hope to the hopeless....

sq764
07-26-2004, 09:23 AM
I am kinda scared as to what will happen when the Sox beat the yanks in the playoffs.. I don't want you guys to go blowing your brains out, because I know that will be the popular feeling amoung Yankme fans..

You'll just have to find a new motto..

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2004, 09:36 AM
If anyone is going to blow their brains out, it won't be Yankee Fans. We have too many championships to console ourselves with, just like we did last year when we lost the WORLD SERIES...

Where was Boston last year? Oh yeah, that's right, they lost again to the Yankees WHEN IT COUNTED MOST and once again didn't make it to the show....

Don't worry about us. We can take a loss. We won't be sitting in the dugout for hours after the game in disbelief (and that was a REGULAR SEASON game on Friday night Mr. Schilling!!! LOL)

sq764
07-26-2004, 09:54 AM
So you would rather have a pitcher go into the clubhouse and start cracking open beers after a tough loss?

You are so funny with your hatred of the Sox (like CJ)..

One moment you are calling Jeter the ultimate gamer because he wants to win so bad, then in the next breath you are making fun of Schilling because he takes a loss to heart..

Sounds a little hypocritical to me.

cj
07-26-2004, 01:20 PM
I have no hatred of the Sox, I kind of feel sorry for them really. To hate a team, they have to win something first.

sq764
07-26-2004, 01:50 PM
No need to feel sorry for them.

I feel sorry for Yankee fans.. They are so caught up in beating the Sox, they can't win a world series now.. I think it will be a while before they do so.

Sox fans can wait this out, they have for many many years :-)

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2004, 02:26 PM
No need to feel sorry for them.

I feel sorry for Yankee fans.. They are so caught up in beating the Sox, they can't win a world series now.. I think it will be a while before they do so.

Sox fans can wait this out, they have for many many years :-)

Now you're just pushing buttons. Objectively, you'd have to turn your post the other way around, and replace every instance of "Yankee" with "Red Sox" if you want it to ring true....except for the last sentence of course....LOL

sq764
07-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Well, for being so 'dominating', the Yankees haven't won a World Series in 4 years..

You can't tell me that playing the Sox hasn't worn them out..

cj
07-26-2004, 04:02 PM
...You can't tell me that playing the Sox hasn't worn them out..

Wow, and I thought Suff saying "We've got five World Series titles" was a reach.

sq764
07-26-2004, 04:05 PM
CJ, why can't they win the big game anymore?

Oh yeah, they do, the big game to them is the Boston Series.. I think they are forgetting they have another team to beat.. But I guess they forgot about Arizona and Florida..

cj
07-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Those teams were just better, Boston was not. Its pretty simple really.

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Damn, you Sox and Philly fans are hard to please....

Been to the big dance in SIX of the last EIGHT years, and won FOUR, and you're complaining we haven't won in the last three years....LOL

This is a joke in and of itself.

sq764
07-26-2004, 04:26 PM
PA, all I hear about for the last 3 years is their dominance over boston in the playoffs.. So what? If you don't win the big one, it means nothing..

It's a shame that the Yankme fans have come to settle for beating the Sox as the ultimate victory.. It's kind of flattering to the Red Sox..

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2004, 04:27 PM
CJ, why can't they win the big game anymore?

Actually, the better question is why can't the Red Sox or Phillys even get to the World Series, let alone win it.

17 years and the Red Sox have been there ONCE. And it's not from a lack of $$$ or talent.

19 years and the Phillys have been there ONCE, and they don't even have to beat the Yankees to get there....

sq764
07-26-2004, 04:30 PM
What does getting to the Series mean if you don't win it?

You are really reaching now..

Phils, Sox, Yankees, Tampa Bay, Orioles - they all have one thing in common.. They all did not win the world series last year.. or the year before... or the year before that..

cj
07-26-2004, 04:36 PM
But those memories when you do win can be carried for decades, all the way to the grave.

I hate the Yankees, but why? Um, maybe its all those damn championships, eh?

sq764
07-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Honestly, I don't think I hate the Yankees at all.. I like that they are a great team.. I think once the Sox break through and beat them, it will be that much more satisfying.

I think I hate the way Yankee fans act when they speak of the Sox.. You ask Jeter and Bernie and Mariano and they know deep down that the Sox are the team they know they have to get through to get to the World Series..

They were 8.5 games ahead of the Sox going into this Series and they were playing it like it was a World Series.. They don't play with that intensity against the Royals or Orioles or Devilrays..

Why do you think that is?

cj
07-26-2004, 04:45 PM
SEASON SERIES
BAL leads, 6-3 | Standings Grid
Apr 4 at Baltimore 7, Boston 2
Apr 6 Boston 4 at Baltimore 1
Apr 7 Boston 10 at Baltimore 3
Apr 8 at Baltimore 3, Boston 2
Apr 15 Baltimore 12 at Boston 7
May 31 Baltimore 13 at Boston 4
Jul 21 Baltimore 10 at Boston 5
Jul 22 Baltimore 8 at Boston 3
Jul 22 at Boston 4, Baltimore 0

Against the Yankees, the Os are 1-9. Looks like the Yanks play with that intensity against the Os, just Boston doesn't. Strange, but true.

sq764
07-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Hmm, and Sox are 8-5 in the season series against the Yankees this year..

Sooo, that must mean, bu deduction, the Orioles are better than the Yankees AND Red Sox..

PaceAdvantage
07-26-2004, 05:01 PM
I think I hate the way Yankee fans act when they speak of the Sox..

Funny, I feel the same way. Just replace the word Yankee with Sox.

sq764
07-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey, at least we all agree on one thing afterall..

Typically, when you have hatred for a team and it's fans, you also have an underlying respect for them too.

sq764
07-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey CJ, I think the Sox heard you bad mouthing them :-) (6 run inning kinda tipped it off)