PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court Nominee #1

boxcar
01-31-2017, 09:11 PM
Trump picks Neil Gorsuch for Supreme Court vacancy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-picks-neil-gorsuch-for-supreme-court-vacancy-010447668.html

Excellent selection. Pretty much in the mold of Scalia. Gotta hand it to Trump: Thus far, he's been true to his word. :ThmbUp:

By the way, the reason I say number 1 is because Kennedy will probably step down soon. Then Trump can get two solid "originalists" on the court.

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-31-2017, 09:20 PM
83 year old Justice Ginsburg has been visibly nodding off during proceedings. My guess is that she will be next.

zico20
01-31-2017, 09:20 PM
Trump picks Neil Gorsuch for Supreme Court vacancy

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-picks-neil-gorsuch-for-supreme-court-vacancy-010447668.html

Excellent selection. Pretty much in the mold of Scalia. Gotta hand it to Trump: Thus far, he's been true to his word. :ThmbUp:

By the way, the reason I say number 1 is because Kennedy will probably step down soon. Then Trump can get two solid "originalists" on the court.

They are already protesting the pick outside of the SC as we speak. The woman is complaining about corporations having too much power, Hobby Lobby case, and the rights of women. She was just on Tucker Carlson.

Start the countdown as to how long it will take for someone to whine about a white Christian male being nominated.

zico20
01-31-2017, 09:22 PM
83 year old Justice Ginsburg has been visibly nodding off during proceedings. My guess is that she will be next.

She will stay on the court til she drops dead, that is my prediction. If they have to wheel her in on a stretcher everyday they will.

boxcar
01-31-2017, 09:29 PM

Just a few minutes ago my wife said the same thing. She thought she saw Ginsburg sloped over in her chair at the inauguration ceremonies. All she could see in the SC section was the top of someone's head.

The difference between her and Kennedy is that he wants to step down. Either she doesn't or the liberals will continue to prop her up like a dead Bernie.

Rise Over Run
01-31-2017, 09:34 PM
I thought she was moving to New Zealand?

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-31-2017, 09:36 PM
The difference between her and Kennedy is that he wants to step down. Either she doesn't or the liberals will continue to prop her up like a dead Bernie.

Like when the Democrats brought Frank Lautenberg back from the dead when it was clear that the NJ senatorial candidate did not have a prayer. Poor Frank, having to sleep through those nasty Senate hearings instead of enjoying his retirement.

zico20
01-31-2017, 10:21 PM

She was, New Zealand turned her down. :lol:

davew
01-31-2017, 10:27 PM

That is what she said a few months ago. ' If Trump wins, I am moving to New Zealand '. But you know liberals, you can only believe them to do about half of what they say they are going to do.

fast4522
02-01-2017, 08:03 AM

There are those who want to retire and have been waiting for a republican, RBG is just SOL at this point. If she calls it quits it will become 3 to Trump in term one. Charlie Schumer might have been faking the tears the other day, or maybe the tears had more to do about what he faces in the Senate. Finally waits his turn and is dealt consecutive losses and he knows it, nothing the shoe can give but empty hands.

pondman
02-01-2017, 06:18 PM

Old ladies can wheel around in wheel chairs until they are 105, and even if she starts yelling, "get me the hell out of here" not a lot that can be done.

Tom
02-01-2017, 06:22 PM
A4rF-D5pS7I

zico20
02-01-2017, 07:26 PM
I have heard it all now. I am watching Fox News with Martha MacCallum, and they had a liberal woman on there who, hold on to your seats, says Gorsuch is too young at 49 to serve on the SC. The moonbats will come up with any excuse to deny him a spot on the court. :ThmbDown:

We should make a thread and put every idiotic reason put forth by liberals. It might pass the religious thread in only a few short weeks. :D

boxcar
02-01-2017, 08:41 PM
I have heard it all now. I am watching Fox News with Martha MacCallum, and they had a liberal woman on there who, hold on to your seats, says Gorsuch is too young at 49 to serve on the SC. The moonbats will come up with any excuse to deny him a spot on the court. :ThmbDown:

We should make a thread and put every idiotic reason put forth by liberals. It might pass the religious thread in only a few short weeks. :D

It probably would. :D What the airhead is really saying is that we can't risk having such a young conservative jurist on the court because he might be there for the next 30 years or so.

boxcar
02-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Schumer: I have ‘serious doubts’ about Neil Gorsuch

https://www.yahoo.com/news/schumer-i-have-serious-doubts-about-neil-gorsuch-015920391.html

Really? Who would have ever thought? :eek:

More excuses as to why Gorsuch should be disqualified.

Tom
02-01-2017, 10:48 PM
That proves the guy is perfect for the job.
If UpcChuckie has doubts, that is proof.

Hard to believe that anyone could ever be as bad as Ding Harry, but this tool is coming very close very fast.

chadk66
02-02-2017, 07:11 AM
Schumer: I have ‘serious doubts’ about Neil Gorsuch

https://www.yahoo.com/news/schumer-i-have-serious-doubts-about-neil-gorsuch-015920391.html

Really? Who would have ever thought? :eek:

More excuses as to why Gorsuch should be disqualified.I don't think there are many that care what Schumer thinks.

LottaKash
02-02-2017, 07:18 AM
I don't think there are many that care what Schumer thinks.

Perhaps Barry bequeathed him his old looking glass....

boxcar
02-02-2017, 10:59 AM
I don't think there are many that care what Schumer thinks.

Except Dems of course and certainly Schumer's own base.

chadk66
02-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Except Dems of course and certainly Schumer's own base.whom have been trivialized. and many are dropping like flies from the left wing nut jobs.