PDA

View Full Version : Captain Queeg Is Alive!

NJ Stinks
01-31-2017, 07:00 PM
Over 800 career State Department officials apparently don't have a clue. But the The Apprentice star and the long-time real estate salesman knows best.

Somebody grab those marbles! :eek:

State Department Told to ‘Get With the Program’ on Visa Ban
by Nick Wadhams
January 30, 2017, 3:15 PM EST January 30, 2017, 5:05 PM EST

White House spokesman Sean Spicer rebuked State Department officials who objected to President Donald Trump’s executive order suspending refugee inflows, saying the government employees should “either get with the program or they can go.”

Spicer spoke Monday after some foreign service officers at the department circulated a draft of a so-called dissent memo criticizing Trump’s executive order limiting entry to the U.S. from seven predominantly Islamic countries for 90 days and halting all refugee admissions for 120 days. The draft, protesting that the policy will lead to a decline in “international good will towards Americans,” was obtained by Bloomberg News.

“He’s going to put the safety of this country first,” Spicer said of the president. “If somebody has a problem with that agenda, then that does call into question whether they should continue in that post or not.”

Dissent memos are part of a system created in 1971 during the Vietnam War era to encourage candid conversation within the State Department. In June, a group of State Department officials circulated a similar memo urging President Barack Obama to take a harder line against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.

More at the Link: https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-30/state-department-told-to-get-with-the-program-on-immigrant-ban

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-31-2017, 09:54 PM
This is why I have been saying for years that we need a business executive to run the country instead of a politician.

Tom
02-01-2017, 07:47 AM
State Department employees serve at the pleasure of the President.
Or they get out.

End of story.

rastajenk
02-01-2017, 09:03 AM
This is why I have been saying for years that we need a business executive to run the country instead of a politician.
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again. :ThmbUp:

zico20
02-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Over 800 career State Department officials apparently don't have a clue. But the The Apprentice star and the long-time real estate salesman knows best.

Somebody grab those marbles! :eek:

State Department Told to ‘Get With the Program’ on Visa Ban
by Nick Wadhams
January 30, 2017, 3:15 PM EST January 30, 2017, 5:05 PM EST

White House spokesman Sean Spicer rebuked State Department officials who objected to President Donald Trump’s executive order suspending refugee inflows, saying the government employees should “either get with the program or they can go.”

Spicer spoke Monday after some foreign service officers at the department circulated a draft of a so-called dissent memo criticizing Trump’s executive order limiting entry to the U.S. from seven predominantly Islamic countries for 90 days and halting all refugee admissions for 120 days. The draft, protesting that the policy will lead to a decline in “international good will towards Americans,” was obtained by Bloomberg News.

“He’s going to put the safety of this country first,” Spicer said of the president. “If somebody has a problem with that agenda, then that does call into question whether they should continue in that post or not.”

Dissent memos are part of a system created in 1971 during the Vietnam War era to encourage candid conversation within the State Department. In June, a group of State Department officials circulated a similar memo urging President Barack Obama to take a harder line against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.

More at the Link: https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-01-30/state-department-told-to-get-with-the-program-on-immigrant-ban

That is what we are supposed to be our national security on? Americans should be less safe because some morons in a third world shit hole will show us less good will. I got news for you, I do not give a damn what some peasants in Peru or Bangladesh think about our foreign policy. If it keeps them from wanting to come to the USA, better yet.

mostpost
02-01-2017, 11:09 AM
State Department employees serve at the pleasure of the President.
Or they get out.

End of story.
Once again you don't know what you are talking about. The Secretary of State and his deputies serve at the pleasure of the President. These are career employees under civil service. They cannot be fired just because they annoy the president.

mostpost
02-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again. :ThmbUp:
At first I thought that was an ironic statement. Then I saw who made it. You're really serious. Businessman Herbert Hoover presided over the worst depression in world history. And you think he should be resurrected and put back in office.

boxcar
02-01-2017, 11:13 AM
Once again you don't know what you are talking about. The Secretary of State and his deputies serve at the pleasure of the President. These are career employees under civil service. They cannot be fired just because they annoy the president.

This is another part of the big swamp that needs to be drained. Jobs for life? Really? :rolleyes:

rastajenk
02-01-2017, 05:51 PM
At first I thought that was an ironic statement. Then I saw who made it. You're really serious. Businessman Herbert Hoover presided over the worst depression in world history. And you think he should be resurrected and put back in office.
Relax. It just seemed like a good place to put a familiar song lyric. :p

Also, I am currently reading The Forgotten Man, Amity Shlaes' book about the Depression, so he's kind of in the forefront of my reading consciousness right now. Prior to his election, his credentials for turning around businesses and managing crises around the world was impeccable. And he was more progressive than Silent Cal. So eat me. :eek:

chrisl
02-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Rasta: Mosty bit on that one. Hook, line, sinker..Fish On!

Tom
02-01-2017, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost

Yes, they can. And are.
If they goes against the POTUS, they can, and SHOULD be fired.