PDA

View Full Version : Fox News popularity increasing dramatically

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-31-2017, 06:28 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/31/fox-news-channel-marks-ratings-milestone.html

People want to learn the truth.

In January, FOX News Channel garnered an average of 2.8 million viewers, up 35 percent from the previous year. Also in January, the network topped basic cable as the highest-rated network in total day viewers, beating ESPN.

FOX News Channel had 14 of the top 15 programs in cable news in total viewers and eight out of 10 top programs for the 25-54 demographic.

EasyGoer89
01-31-2017, 06:31 PM
You will get truth from hannity and Carlson And judge Janine.

The others I'm Gonna question, still some fake news at fox, you have to be able to separate the smart ones from the bought and paid for hacks

EMD4ME
01-31-2017, 06:32 PM
Not surprised :ThmbUp: . It's all I have on mostly. Can't listen to that other shit.

NJ Stinks
01-31-2017, 07:23 PM
Not surprised :ThmbUp: . It's all I have on mostly. Can't listen to that other shit.

For the record, I blame FOX News for the state of our country today. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Before you tell me I'm nuts, I just want to say a public "news" TV station that spends 24 hours a day for 8 years knocking the sitting President is in the brain-washing business.

Looks like the Aussie spent his money well.

wisconsin
01-31-2017, 07:27 PM
For the record, I blame FOX News for the state of our country today. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Before you tell me I'm nuts, I just want to say a public "news" TV station that spends 24 hours a day for 8 years knocking the sitting President is in the brain-washing business.

As opposed to the brainwashing that is still going on at the other networks? :bang:

OntheRail
01-31-2017, 07:58 PM

You can not truthfully believe this... People can change the channel.... it takes 4 yrs at a chance to change the President... Obama solidified the silent MAJORITY helped by a highly favorably biased media.

I'll take it your case of butt hurt is terminal.... :lol:

boxcar
01-31-2017, 09:00 PM

You and Obama both. Plus you gotta throw in Rush. (I'm not sure which of these two entities Obama despised the most.) And what makes Obama look like such a pathetic whiny is that he had the rest of the media in his pocket. The rest of the media were his lap dogs.

What are you going to think after these next four years after 99% of the mainstream media knocks Trump? Will all those "news" outlets have been in the "brain-washing business", as well?

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-31-2017, 09:28 PM

You are not alone in your tail wagging the dog theory. But I believe most viewers are like me who enjoy hearing others who share my views.

A little historic perspective. Before Rush Limbaugh, the airwaves were dominated by left wingers. Limbaugh's popularity exploded with people saying, "finally somebody who thinks like me" and left wing audiences shrunk and right wing talk shows replaced them because that is what people wanted to hear.

Poor Phil Donohue. When he was king of the airwaves, there wasn't a conservative voice to compete with his liberal agenda. However, as soon as conservative views became avaiiable, nobody listened to Marlo's husband any more.

It was all about economics.

Greyfox
02-01-2017, 01:20 AM

Before you tell me I'm nuts,

Brilliant. :rolleyes:
Trump had to overcome 16 other potential candidates.
Trump then had to fight off CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Washington Post etc..
Trump had to fight off the Democrats and their Candidate + the President of the United States, his First Lady, and former President Bill Clinton.
Trump had to fight off a Never Trump Movement within the Republicans.
Yet, you blame
FOX TV.
I have one word to say.
"NUTS!."
(Note: I did not say you're nuts. I know that you are a better thinker than that. But in the meanwhile, the ball is in your court to prove otherwise.)

johnhannibalsmith
02-01-2017, 01:41 AM

Poor Phil Donohue. When he was king of the airwaves, there wasn't a conservative voice to compete with his liberal agenda. ...

http://www.nationalmemo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Morton-Downey-Jr-2..jpg

EasyGoer89
02-01-2017, 02:01 AM
Trump had to fight off the Democrats and their Candidate + the President of the United States, his First Lady, and former President Bill Clinton.
Yet, you blame
FOX TV.
I have one word to say.
"NUTS!."
(Note: I did not say you're nuts. I know that you are a better thinker than that. But in the meanwhile, the ball is in your court to prove otherwise.)

He also fought off 100 pct of the Hollywood entertainment industry as well as Facebook, Google and Twitter. slews of celebs w tens of millions of Twitter followers, Katy Perry front and center with almost 100 million followers, think of what a bonus that was for Hillary. The epicness of his win is something we will never see again in our lifetimes in any way, shape or form.

NJ Stinks
02-01-2017, 02:07 AM
Yet, you blame
FOX TV.
I have one word to say.
"NUTS!."

My point was not that FOX News brought us Trump. My point is that FOX News has encouraged hate for Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and the Democratic Party. How? By the steady drip of "bad news" blamed on said targets. This steady drip is the biggest reason for the massive divide in this country. Typically, the drip sounds something like this:

Joe Smoe turns on FOX News to look at some lady's legs or maybe because he likes the pretty colors. Next thing you know some fool is going on and on about Obama not being an American citizen. And another fool is talking about Obama being a Muslim.

Smoe says to his wife: "Did you hear that? Damn, I didn't know that."

Smoe's wife replies: "Even Stinks doesn't have the balls to quote me. :rolleyes: "

Anyway, you get the idea. ;)

EasyGoer89
02-01-2017, 02:39 AM
My point was not that FOX News brought us Trump. My point is that FOX News has encouraged hate for Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and the Democratic Party. How? By the steady drip of "bad news" blamed on said targets. This steady drip is the biggest reason for the massive divide in this country. Typically, the drip sounds something like this:

Joe Smoe turns on FOX News to look at some lady's legs or maybe because he likes the pretty colors. Next thing you know some fool is going on and on about Obama not being an American citizen. And another fool is talking about Obama being a Muslim.

Smoe says to his wife: "Did you hear that? Damn, I didn't know that."

Smoe's wife replies: "Even Stinks doesn't have the balls to quote me. :rolleyes: "

Anyway, you get the idea. ;)

Fox News is encouraging hate? Give me an example or two

steveb
02-01-2017, 02:53 AM

no he is NOT an australian.
he is yours now, and good riddance to the biggest piece of crap ever exported from our great country, in my humble opinion.
i think if you want to own media in your country you cannot be a foreigner, hence why he is now a yank.
unfortunately he still controls our media, and basically controls our liberal party(which weirdly is the conservative party over here)

if he tells truth in his american papers i don't know, but going by what happens in australia i would find it VERY hard to believe.
i think he alone is responsible for the demise of honest journalism in my country.

weird because his mother would have to be one of the finest australians ever.
her efforts to help those less fortunate are legendary over here.
she would give lots of money, advice, and help, to more causes than most people have had hot dinners.
fund endless medical research
just an all round angel, pity she is no more.

Tom
02-01-2017, 07:44 AM

I can't believe you just posted that! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
The country is in the shape it is because of people who think (huh?) like you do.

boxcar
02-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Fox News is encouraging hate? Give me an example or two

And Stinky forgets all about how CNN regularly has encouraged Trump's assassination! In fact, they dedicated a segment of a show specifically to his assassination. (Be sure to read all the way down.)

http://www.dailywire.com/news/12606/no-joke-cnn-regularly-encourages-assassination-john-nolte

xtb
02-01-2017, 10:29 AM
... Next thing you know some fool is going on and on about Obama not being an American citizen. And another fool is talking about Obama being a Muslim.

The "birther movement" started by none other than Hillary Clinton in 2007.

Barack Hussein Obama, sired by a muslim, stepfather a muslim, raised in a muslim country.
"The sweetest sound I know is the muslim call to prayer".
"John McCain has not talked about my muslim faith"
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam”

and on and on and on where he praises islam and slams Christianity.

I can't imagine why anyone would suspect that Obama is a muslim.

boxcar
02-01-2017, 10:53 AM

Barack Hussein Obama, sired by a muslim, stepfather a muslim, raised in a muslim country.
"The sweetest sound I know is the muslim call to prayer".
"John McCain has not talked about my muslim faith"
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam”

and on and on and on where he praises islam and slams Christianity.

I can't imagine why anyone would suspect that Obama is a muslim.

Wow! Do you think that's why Obama prohibited any Syrian Christian refugees from coming to this country? (Where was all the moral outrage over that blatant discrimination!?)

mostpost
02-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Wow! Do you think that's why Obama prohibited any Syrian Christian refugees from coming to this country? (Where was all the moral outrage over that blatant discrimination!?)
Rated as false by Politifact. As are 50% of Trumps statements.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/29/donald-trump/no-evidence-trump-claim-it-was-impossible-syrian-c/

boxcar
02-01-2017, 11:46 AM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/29/donald-trump/no-evidence-trump-claim-it-was-impossible-syrian-c/

Yeah, Okay. :rolleyes:

The fact is that our former Muslim-in-Chief was also our Bigot-in-Chief. He hates Christians and Jews. Here are the real facts. The Numbers speak loudly.

Let’s Be Real: Obama ‘Barred’ Syrian Christian Refugees. Just Look At The Numbers

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/28/lets-be-real-obama-barred-syrian-christian-refugees-just-look-at-the-numbers/#ixzz4XS8aN5bB

boxcar
02-01-2017, 12:53 PM
This is the flip side of the Fox News growing popularity.

White House ices out CNN

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-cnn-press-234455

classhandicapper
02-01-2017, 01:40 PM
My point was not that FOX News brought us Trump.

You are wrong on this.

The Clintons and Obama made their own bed with policies and behavior that many Americans found appalling. FOX just didn't cover for them like the mainstream.

Other than Hannity, who was in Trump's camp early, most of the network was anti Trump.

Bill O'Reilly is a personal friend and never got hostile with him, be he disagreed with him on air constantly. He just did it in a respectful way.

Tom
02-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Good excuse, though.
FOX and the Russians. :lol::lol::lol:

ebcorde
02-01-2017, 01:55 PM
UNTIL THIS YEAR. I WAS AN IDIOT PAYING FOR CABLE. THANK GOD I GET IT ALL FREE ON THE NET. HAVE NOT WATCHED FOX IN 3 YEARS. SHOULD BE CALLED "FOX OPINIONS".

this Spicer should run his spiel thru a 508 application. why bother reading out his propaganda. let a computer do it.

terrible press conferences. loved how he steered away from Trump's f'ed up raid in Yemen The big fish? a 8 year old girl.

NJ Stinks
02-01-2017, 02:16 PM
You are wrong on this.

The Clintons and Obama made their own bed with policies and behavior that many Americans found appalling. FOX just didn't cover for them like the mainstream.

Other than Hannity, who was in Trump's camp early, most of the network was anti Trump.

Bill O'Reilly is a personal friend and never got hostile with him, be he disagreed with him on air constantly. He just did it in a respectful way.

Not sure if you realize I said FOX News DID NOT bring us Trump. I watch enough FOX News to know they were not Trump fans for the most part.

davew
02-01-2017, 02:18 PM
You are wrong on this.

Don't forget Megyn Kelly, she was not a big Trump fan (as she had blood spewing out of her all over...)

Grits
02-01-2017, 02:24 PM
UNTIL THIS YEAR. I WAS AN IDIOT PAYING FOR CABLE. THANK GOD I GET IT ALL FREE ON THE NET. HAVE NOT WATCHED FOX IN 3 YEARS. SHOULD BE CALLED "FOX OPINIONS".

this Spicer should run his spiel thru a 508 application. why bother reading out his propaganda. let a computer do it.

terrible press conferences. loved how he steered away from Trump's f'ed up raid in Yemen The big fish? a 8 year old girl.

I don't know which is worse? Having to suffer through Spicer or having to suffer through "Baby" Conway for the next 4 years. Both could exit now and we'd all be fine. :bang:

ebcorde
02-01-2017, 02:32 PM
10 women and kids killed 6 seals dead and wounded
Trump cant BRAG about killing the all too familiar #2 in the org. He got the kids as promised.

here's how it went

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmyIxcfYmo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmyIxcfYmo)

davew
02-01-2017, 02:40 PM

Well, maybe not impossible but rather difficult. From your article ->

From Jan. 1, 2012 (the year the first Syrian refugees began arriving) to Jan. 29, 2017, the United States admitted 19,324 refugees from Syria.

According to federal data, this included 19,025 Muslims and 199 Christians. (Another 86 belonged to other religions or no religion at all.)

+++++++++

So 1% of the refugees are Christians - not bad considering 10% of the population in Syria was Christian before the radical Muslims started massacring them.

The discrepancy must just be random variation :eek: :eek: :eek:

chadk66
02-01-2017, 02:42 PM

Looks like the Aussie spent his money well.the problem with your theory is that according to their demographics, more liberals get their news from Fox than from all other sources combined. :ThmbUp:

chadk66
02-01-2017, 02:45 PM
it's so awesome the liberals think this way. it ensures another four years of Trump and a conservative in the White House for the forseeable future.

NJ Stinks
02-01-2017, 02:48 PM
no he is NOT an australian.
he is yours now, and good riddance to the biggest piece of crap ever exported from our great country, in my humble opinion.
i think if you want to own media in your country you cannot be a foreigner, hence why he is now a yank.
unfortunately he still controls our media, and basically controls our liberal party(which weirdly is the conservative party over here)

if he tells truth in his american papers i don't know, but going by what happens in australia i would find it VERY hard to believe.
i think he alone is responsible for the demise of honest journalism in my country.

weird because his mother would have to be one of the finest australians ever.
her efforts to help those less fortunate are legendary over here.
she would give lots of money, advice, and help, to more causes than most people have had hot dinners.
fund endless medical research
just an all round angel, pity she is no more.

Thanks for a view from Australia. :ThmbUp:

My wife is from London so I am well aware of Murdoch's UK newspaper the News Of The World and what caused it's demise. The UK still hasn't allowed Murdoch to buy back a majority interest in SKY TV because the guy is proven commodity.

NJ Stinks
02-01-2017, 02:56 PM
the problem with your theory is that according to their demographics, more liberals get their news from Fox than from all other sources combined. :ThmbUp:

Who compiles "their demographics"? FOX News or somebody they pay?

Hard to believe somebody would buy this "supposed fact".

ebcorde
02-01-2017, 02:57 PM
well he killed their kids, now.a another campaign promise. Get Iran!

"I will asked my Generals for a plan to conquer and take Iran's oil in 90 days"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/national-security-adviser-puts-iran-notice-190944150--politics.html (http://www.yahoo.com/news/national-security-adviser-puts-iran-notice-190944150--politics.html)

ebcorde
02-01-2017, 03:15 PM
I don't know which is worse? Having to suffer through Spicer or having to suffer through "Baby" Conway for the next 4 years. Both could exit now and we'd all be fine. :bang:

lol imagine 200 more weeks of this. Spicer cant survive. he's ready to lose it. CNN/MSNBC need to silence Conway. I call her LieMyway.

I'm sure Spicer telling Bannon/Kushner "you want to go out there and handle the press?"

I read about Kushner's grandparents efforts to survive the Holocaust. why he is for an immigration ban on refugees is shocking.

Grits
02-01-2017, 03:41 PM
lol imagine 200 more weeks of this. Spicer cant survive. he's ready to lose it. CNN/MSNBC need to silence Conway. I call her LieMyway.

I'm sure Spicer telling Bannon/Kushner "you want to go out there and handle the press?"

I read about Kushner's grandparents efforts to survive the Holocaust. why he is for an immigration ban on refugees is shocking.

Kushner would sell out his own daddy, and why wouldn't he, ex con that daddy is!! Truth be told, Bannon's calling all the shots now. Kushner's just laying out his father in laws clothes each morning. Lackey. :lol:

chadk66
02-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Who compiles "their demographics"? FOX News or somebody they pay?

Hard to believe somebody would buy this "supposed fact".take it up with Fox News. been that way for quite some time and they aren't shy about stating it. If you don't think it's true then it's an opportunity for you to score some cash.:ThmbUp:

Hank
02-01-2017, 05:32 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/31/fox-news-channel-marks-ratings-milestone.html

People want to learn the truth.

In January, FOX News Channel garnered an average of 2.8 million viewers, up 35 percent from the previous year. Also in January, the network topped basic cable as the highest-rated network in total day viewers, beating ESPN.

FOX News Channel had 14 of the top 15 programs in cable news in total viewers and eight out of 10 top programs for the 25-54 demographic.

Orwellian.

mostpost
02-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Proven false by Politifact, Snopes, Fact Checker, Politico, USA Today and many others.

Some Clinton supporters briefly passed around an email in 2008, but Clinton was not involved, the campaign was not involved and her staff was not involved.

Another in the endless line of lies by Trump.

johnhannibalsmith
02-01-2017, 06:17 PM

Some Clinton supporters...

The "alt-left". Aka those who actually like Hillary.

boxcar
02-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Proven false by Politifact, Snopes, Fact Checker, Politico, USA Today and many others.

Some Clinton supporters briefly passed around an email in 2008, but Clinton was not involved, the campaign was not involved and her staff was not involved.

And your precious Politifact is wrong again!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/22/fact-checking-media-yes-clinton-machine-did-start-/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/16/hillary-clinton-campaign-manager-admits-birtherism-started/

It's an ancient political strategy to toss cow manure at the wall to see if any if sticks. In all likelihood, this is what Clinton did because back in '08 she wasn't resonating with voters. She needed a "leg up" and she thought the birther angle might do it for her.

JustRalph
02-01-2017, 06:36 PM
10 women and kids killed 6 seals dead and wounded
Trump cant BRAG about killing the all too familiar #2 in the org. He got the kids as promised.

here's how it went

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmyIxcfYmo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmyIxcfYmo)

1 Seal dead, and here we go! It's ok to make political points on the backs of dead soldiers, again. A Prez that's been in office five days hardly has responsibility for an operation planned by "Obama's team"

But Trump went out and met the family and received the soldiers remains. He mentioned nothing about a video being responsible........

xtb
02-01-2017, 10:36 PM

Your lefty sources proved nothing. That's like saying OJ was proven innocent of killing his ex-wife. There is enough circumstantial evidence that points to her knowing, if not orchestrating the whole thing. Why is it that only Republicans are held accountable for the actions of their supporters?

zico20
02-01-2017, 11:19 PM
well he killed their kids, now.a another campaign promise. Get Iran!

"I will asked my Generals for a plan to conquer and take Iran's oil in 90 days"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/national-security-adviser-puts-iran-notice-190944150--politics.html (http://www.yahoo.com/news/national-security-adviser-puts-iran-notice-190944150--politics.html)

It would not take 90 days to finish them off. Done right, two weeks tops. :jump:

Lemon Drop Husker
02-01-2017, 11:35 PM
It would not take 90 days to finish them off. Done right, two weeks tops. :jump:

2 weeks.

8 years.

Whats the difference?

chadk66
02-02-2017, 07:09 AM
Orwellian.and the quiz questions were what? all based on hollywood starlets? :lol:

davew
02-02-2017, 07:18 AM

I wonder how many of the white house press corps will be gone before Spicer? over / under at 20?

For some alternative facts, could you tell me the difference between audience and crowd?