PDA

View Full Version : For The Life Of Me...

Teach
01-30-2017, 07:01 PM
For The Life of Me…

When I hear Trump supporters on CNN and other news networks, they continue to reference 9/11 and San Bernardino as two of the primary reasons why our government has instituted a travel ban to protect U.S. citizens. The countries listed are: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Sudan, Somalia and Lebanon.

Yet, what continues to puzzle me is the fact that 18 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 came from three countries not on the ban, namely Saudi Arabia (the vast majority), UAE, and Egypt.

In the San Bernardino shootings, the husband, Rizwan Farook, although born in the United States, was the son of parents who emigrated from Pakistan. His, wife, Tashfeen Malik, was born in in Pakistan but lived most of her life in Saudi Arabia.

Below are the facts:

The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda. 15 of those 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia, and the others were from the United Arab Emirates (2), Egypt and Lebanon.

In the San Bernardino Shootings, Rizwan Farook was born in Chicago, IL and was a U.S. citizen at the time of the attack. His parents had emigrated from Pakistan. His wife, Tashfeen Malik, was born in Pakistan, but she lived most of her life in Saudi Arabia.

For the life of me, why weren't the two countries of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan included in the ban? Their citizens comprised the vast majority of those who took part in those heinous attacks that killed innocent U.S. citizens.

davew
01-30-2017, 07:06 PM
I do not see many Trump supporters on those stations, but when I do they talk about the EU example with their open borders, terrorist cells, terror attacks, women being raped, and areas where cops are unwilling to enter.

I guess it is similar to some democrat controlled cities in the USA.

woodtoo
01-30-2017, 08:38 PM
These 7 counties are on that list they are the terrorist hot spots of today and tomorrow ie; likely spots for terrorist to go to when run out of Syria. The counties you list could be added at any time. Sean Spicers' Presser from this morning explains this.

Tom
01-30-2017, 08:41 PM
This is the list OBama made up the top threat nations.
Others may be added.

If SA and Crapistan are added, will you be giving the order your full support?

VigorsTheGrey
01-31-2017, 02:13 AM
Excerpts from PNAC: Project for a New American Century
Neo-Conservative Agenda-

"ESTABLISH FOUR CORE MISSIONS
for U.S. military forces:
defend the American homeland;
fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars;
perform the “constabulary” duties associated with shaping the security environment incritical regions;

transform U.S. forces to exploit the “revolution in military affairs;”To carry out these core missions, we need to provide sufficient force and budgetaryallocations. In particular, the United States must:

MAINTAIN NUCLEAR STRATEGIC SUPERIORITY

basing the U.S. nuclear deterrent upon aglobal, nuclear net assessment that weighs the full range of current and emerging threats,
not merely the U.S.-Russia balance.

RESTORE THE PERSONNEL STRENGTH
of today’s force to roughly the levels anticipated in
the “Base Force” outlined by the Bush Administration, an increase in active-duty strengthfrom 1.4 million to 1.6 million.

REPOSITION U.S. FORCES to respond to 21st
century strategic realities by shiftingpermanently-based forces to Southeast Europe and Southeast Asia, and by changing naval deployment patterns to reflect growing U.S. strategic concerns in East Asia.

Rebuilding America’s Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources for a New Century

MODERNIZE CURRENT U.S.FORCES SELECTIVELY

proceeding with the F-22 program while
increasing purchases of lift, electronic support and other aircraft; expanding submarineand surface combatant fleets; purchasing Comanche helicopters and medium-weightground vehicles for the Army, and the V-22 Osprey “tilt-rotor” aircraft for the Marine Corps.

CANCEL ROADBLOCK PROGRAMS
such as the Joint Strike Fighter, CVX aircraft carrier,
and Crusader howitzer system that would absorb exorbitant amounts of Pentagon fundingwhile providing limited improvements to current capabilities. Savings from these canceledprograms should be used to spur the process of military transformation.

DEVELOP AND DEPLOY GLOBAL MISSILE DEFENSES
to defend the American homeland andAmerican allies, and to provide a secure basis for U.S. power projection around the world.

CONTROL THE NEW INTERNATIONAL COMMONS
OF SPACE AND CYBERSPACE and pavethe way for the creation of a new military service – U.S. Space Forces – with the mission of space control.

EXPLOIT THE REVOLUTION IN MILITARY AFFAIRS
to insure the long-term superiority of U.S. conventional forces. Establish a two-stage transformation process which maximizes the value of current weapons systems through the application of advanced technologies, and,
produces more profound improvements in military capabilities, encourages competitionbetween single services and joint-service experimentation efforts.

INCREASE DEFENSE SPENDING
gradually to a minimum level of 3.5 to 3.8 percent of grossdomestic product, adding $15 billion to $20 billion to total defense spending annually."

thaskalos
01-31-2017, 02:13 AM
This is the list OBama made up the top threat nations.
Others may be added.

If SA and Crapistan are added, will you be giving the order your full support?

Don't hold your breath on Saudi Arabia...

ArlJim78
01-31-2017, 07:12 PM
So Trump's order to improve the vetting of refugees is focused on the countries where the refugee's are coming from. Go figure.

Greyfox
01-31-2017, 07:25 PM
For The Life of Me…

When I hear Trump supporters on CNN

The only Trump supporter on CNN these days is Jeffrey Lord, occasionally.
Otherwise, anyone else you hear is anti-Trump.

MutuelClerk
01-31-2017, 07:58 PM
Don't hold your breath on Saudi Arabia...

100% agree. Which is why the ban reminds me of no business like show business.

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-31-2017, 09:34 PM
For The Life of Me…

When I hear Trump supporters on CNN and other news networks, they continue to reference 9/11 and San Bernardino as two of the primary reasons why our government has instituted a travel ban to protect U.S. citizens. The countries listed are: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Sudan, Somalia and Lebanon.

Yet, what continues to puzzle me is the fact that 18 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 came from three countries not on the ban, namely Saudi Arabia (the vast majority), UAE, and Egypt.

In the San Bernardino shootings, the husband, Rizwan Farook, although born in the United States, was the son of parents who emigrated from Pakistan. His, wife, Tashfeen Malik, was born in in Pakistan but lived most of her life in Saudi Arabia.

Below are the facts:

The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda. 15 of those 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia, and the others were from the United Arab Emirates (2), Egypt and Lebanon.

In the San Bernardino Shootings, Rizwan Farook was born in Chicago, IL and was a U.S. citizen at the time of the attack. His parents had emigrated from Pakistan. His wife, Tashfeen Malik, was born in Pakistan, but she lived most of her life in Saudi Arabia.

For the life of me, why weren't the two countries of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan included in the ban? Their citizens comprised the vast majority of those who took part in those heinous attacks that killed innocent U.S. citizens.

As I explained on another thread, the answer is quite simple. The countries were chosen because of the difficulty in vetting properly. Both Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have 21st century technologies and are countries where the US believes they have a handle on the people.

I have worked with a lot of people from Pakistan.

Are we making a mistake? Could be. But that is the strategy.