PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks

lamboguy
01-30-2017, 04:23 PM
they just said they want to hire 10,000 refugee's. why don't they hire about 10,000 vets that can't find jobs to sell their $3.75 coffee to suckers? after all the vets were out their protecting us against the scum that want to blow our ass's to smitherines.

anotherCAfan
01-30-2017, 04:30 PM
they just said they want to hire 10,000 refugee's. why don't they hire about 10,000 vets that can't find jobs to sell their $3.75 coffee to suckers? after all the vets were out their protecting us against the scum that want to blow our ass's to smitherines.
I am confused what happened to Starbucks' efforts to hire veterans; I remember much press about this some months ago. I sincerely hope they are continuing to hire veterans.

In my opinion, here in the USA, Starbucks should hire veterans -- and American citizens from impoverished neighborhoods -- before they hire refugees. (As a private company, they are of course free to do whatever they want.)

I will not join in the boycott efforts, as I need my $2.75 chocolate croissants, cinnamon morning buns, and coffee cakes. (I can't have bagels or muffins every workday morning.)

I hope there is a sizable boycott, still.

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2017, 04:36 PM
Perfect. I've got a few more groups I'd just assume that they hired too so I didn't ever have to deal with them.

rastajenk
01-30-2017, 04:39 PM
They began to lose me when they wanted their baristas to 'start a conversation' about race with customers, and totally lost me when King Howard said that they really didn't want conservative customers anyway.

thaskalos
01-30-2017, 04:51 PM
When I was the "boss"...I never stood for having others tell me whom I should hire. I put up my own money...and I made my own decisions.

VigorsTheGrey
01-30-2017, 05:04 PM
Cheap labor, over-priced coffee...pure capitalism....socially conscious...? Please....

davew
01-30-2017, 05:10 PM

I suspect their customer base is more liberal than conservative. Schultz also said this would be over 5 years and they have stores all over the world.

EasyGoer89
01-30-2017, 05:47 PM
Cheap labor, over-priced coffee...pure capitalism....socially conscious...? Please....

The coffee is only overpriced if you get it to go. If you hang around for a few hours you can get a refill for 50 cents which makes a "tall" coffee 1.20 per cup, much cheaper than the racetrack and even cheaper than 7/11. As long as you buy 2 cups, you're good.

reckless
01-30-2017, 05:52 PM
When I was the "boss"...I never stood for having others tell me whom I should hire. I put up my own money...and I made my own decisions.

I do not dismiss what you say from your position as owner, Gus, but Starbucks is a publicly traded company that is required to conduct business by slightly different set of rules than that of an individual proprietor.

Also, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is a far left goof-ball who once had his employees 'discuss race relations' while taking coffee orders. His personal political agenda seems to be at force here, too, imo.

Schultz and Starbucks could hire anyone they wish to hire, of course, but you can bet there are millions of consumers who just might decide to spend their $4-5 for some horrible coffee with plenty of foam elsewhere, I assure you.

There are way too many educated, experienced citizens needing employment that just might take offense to the Starbucks' CEO telling the world he'll rather hire illegals than citizens, especially veterans and recent college grads.

VigorsTheGrey
01-30-2017, 05:53 PM
The coffee is only overpriced if you get it to go. If you hang around for a few hours you can get a refill for 50 cents which makes a "tall" coffee 1.20 per cup, much cheaper than the racetrack and even cheaper than 7/11. As long as you buy 2 cups, you're good.

So how are you feeling about YOUR race today...? ;)

EasyGoer89
01-30-2017, 06:24 PM
So how are you feeling about YOUR race today...? ;)

My race?

VigorsTheGrey
01-30-2017, 06:57 PM
My race?

What's wrong...? You mean you don't want to "start a conversation about race".....? :confused:

barahona44
01-30-2017, 07:04 PM
What's wrong...? You mean you don't want to "start a conversation about race".....? :confused:
You can always reply "I like Lollipop in the 5th race at Santa Anita" :)

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Just another reason not to buy their overpriced products.

EasyGoer89
01-30-2017, 07:12 PM

If you knew me in real life you would know I have no problem talking about race or politics, if a barista asked me about race I would have plenty to say, I'm a bit of a social butterfly in real life I talk to everyone. :D

zico20
01-30-2017, 07:17 PM
If you knew me in real life you would know I have no problem talking about race or politics, if a barista asked me about race I would have plenty to say, I'm a bit of a social butterfly in real life I talk to everyone. :D

I am absolutely shocked by that. :lol:

EasyGoer89
01-30-2017, 07:21 PM
I am absolutely shocked by that. :lol:

When I was younger I never talked to anyone I kept to myself was really anti social but in the last handful of Years I've gotten much more social I'm even shocked by it!

EMD4ME
01-30-2017, 07:29 PM
When I was younger I never talked to anyone I kept to myself was really anti social but in the last handful of Years I've gotten much more social I'm even shocked by it!

I bet you have PA to thank :lol:

EMD4ME
01-30-2017, 07:33 PM
I don't ever go to Starbucks, unless a client wanted to go and then I tried the 1 attempt to avoid it, before going.

If they hire 10,000 refugees, I will make sure I never visit one.

I don't like bombs/suicide bombers with my coffee. :eek:

Welcoming refugees in without supreme vetting is like opening the door to the house and then complaining when your house is robbed :bang:

VigorsTheGrey
01-30-2017, 07:36 PM

I have never been able to have a conversation with anyone while in a Starbucks....they are mostly filled with self-absorbed liberal electro-geeks...education flunkies or authority types glued into their computers, waiting to serve a warrant, or watching the movement of their charges, the ones that wear electronic leashes of some sort...not exactly ideal conversation partners....

....sometimes I think their staff and principle patrons are informer types, by nature....

EasyGoer89
01-30-2017, 07:42 PM
I bet you have PA to thank :lol:

I love PA nation and yes, PA and his merry band of degenerates here have certainly made my life better no doubt about it.

EasyGoer89
01-31-2017, 05:11 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/BrittPettibone/status/826480228759334915

pondman
01-31-2017, 07:09 PM
I drink in a University town, where Starbucks hires hotties. Don't care. Not going to drink coffee made by a terrorist.

thaskalos
01-31-2017, 07:56 PM
I drink in a University town, where Starbucks hires hotties. Don't care. Not going to drink coffee made by a terrorist.

I'm sure Starbucks is gonna miss your business.

JustRalph
01-31-2017, 09:41 PM
I hope somebody holds these guys to their promise.

There is no way in hell they are going to find 10k refugees willing to work.