PDA

View Full Version : Pompano January 29th

willphorse
01-29-2017, 07:00 PM
Tonight, for Pompano, I will post the software's selections, along with a little personal handicapping to narrow it some. Handicapped 1 through 9, and posted software top 3 for 10 through 12, as I was cutting it close on time.

Race 1- Top 3: 2-8-7

Software has the 2 Goldstar Raider as the top selection. Little value will be offered, but looks like the best in the field if trip isn't bad. 8 Machmemackie might be worth a look on the drop in class. 7 Free Love has the ability, but poor post tonight doesn't help. I think keying the 2 and adding a saver ticket with the 8-7-1 on top is the way to go.

Race 2- Top 3: 5-3-4

This seems to be a 5 horse race that 4 of them can win. 5 Panocchio is another chalk selection of the software, but doesn't look to be much the best. The 1/2 point boost over 3 Bluehourpower isn't worth a very chalky price in this bunch. The latter has been able to take minor awards and the double entry by Macomber might mean something. The 4 Drachan Hanover is a close 3rd who has back numbers that would boost this one to the top selection, however missing a week in between is not what you would want to see after last races' rating. Majority of tickets I would go 5-3, then again, back with a 1-4 in this close 5 horse field race.

Race 3- Top 3: 2-7-6

Another race that looks like it is a 4 horse breakaway, between 2-7-6-5. Top selection 2 Real Mindale has a good post and good driver/trainer combo, so I see no reason to adjust. Second listed is 7 Mitt Jagger who faces a bit weaker this week after bronze last week, and Simons in the bike looks good, unfortunately the 1 point separation looks to be because of the post position. Next is the ML Favorite 6 Rock N Row who faces tougher here. He actually tied with the 5 for 3rd in the software, but was given the spot because of the ML tiebreaker. Needs a trip, but form is spot on. Would use 2-7-6-5 on P5 ticket, and take a shot on the 2 or 7 if the odds look good.

Race 4- Top 3: 5-3-7

YET ANOTHER 4 horse breakaway. This is a bit more drastic than the other 2. Here, the 5 and 3 tie for top ranked, followed 1.5 points by 7-4. Top selection Phoenician has great recent form and catches a field much like recent races. 3 Bistro ties for the top spot, but seems to like minor awards. Could hit at a price. Third and 4th were split by 0.5 points, where the 7 Sand Swan has looked good since returning. Two back would give this one the top spot, however was degraded due to post and last race. I'd take a stand against the favorite in this and go 5-3-7 on the tickets.

Race 5- Top 3: 3-6-5

Clear cut on top here 3-6. 3 Aloneinspades is 2 points higher than 6 Del Rio Seelster and those 2 break away by 6 points. If you have the cash, go 3-6, otherwise I'd say tag 3 Aloneinspades as the key in here.

Race 6- Top 3: 8-9-3

Top selection 8 Firstofitskind is still the top selection even though getting knocked for post. Form, speed, and class. Next is the 9 Road Untraveled, who also holds spot even though poor post. Faces tougher here, but recent form and speed seem to biggest boosts. Next was 3 Grande Seelster, who nosed out the 4 for the 3rd spot. I'd stick with the top 2 in here on top though as they hold those spots even with poor posts.

Race 7- Top 3: 2-1-4

2 Owosso Flash is a must use. Next is between 1 and 4. I would go with Southern Winds. Hennessey on the rail for Case. Two back was good, but last out deflated the rating.

Race 8- Top 3: 6-3-1

6 All Steinman is a 2 point breakaway even with post 6. Second choice was close between 3 Energy Shakes and 1 Celebrity Scandal. I would personally go with 1 Celebrity Scandal as the 2nd choice. Although not as classy, recent form looks good and draws rail. Energy Shakes is 2nd off a small break with good past numbers, but last out was empty.

Race 9- Top 3: 7-1-5

Top Selection goes to 7 Secretsoftheknight, even though poor post. I would use Pop Cop as the top selection, especially if price is decent. Rating was close between the two and Macdonald draws the rail. I would box these 3 if exacta probables are not bad, but if I had to pick top 2, I'd go 1-7.

Race 10- Top 3: 3-1-4

Race 11- Top 3: 3-1-6

Race 12- Top 3: 9-2-6

My P5 tickets

2 WITH 3-4-5 WITH 2-5-6-7 WITH 3-5-7 WITH 3-6

7-8 WITH 3-5 WITH 2-6-7 WITH 3-5-7 WITH 3

Total Cost: $54

lamboguy
01-29-2017, 07:20 PM
i predict that in race 2 at Pompano this evening, the 5 will pay $2.10 to win

willphorse
01-29-2017, 07:31 PM
Tonight, for Pompano, I will post the software's selections, along with a little personal handicapping to narrow it some. Handicapped 1 through 9, and posted software top 3 for 10 through 12, as I was cutting it close on time.

Software has the 2 Goldstar Raider as the top selection. Little value will be offered, but looks like the best in the field if trip isn't bad. 8 Machmemackie might be worth a look on the drop in class. 7 Free Love has the ability, but poor post tonight doesn't help. I think keying the 2 and adding a saver ticket with the 8-7-1 on top is the way to go.

Race 2- Top 3: 5-3-4

This seems to be a 5 horse race that 4 of them can win. 5 Panocchio is another chalk selection of the software, but doesn't look to be much the best. The 1/2 point boost over 3 Bluehourpower isn't worth a very chalky price in this bunch. The latter has been able to take minor awards and the double entry by Macomber might mean something. The 4 Drachan Hanover is a close 3rd who has back numbers that would boost this one to the top selection, however missing a week in between is not what you would want to see after last races' rating. Majority of tickets I would go 5-3, then again, back with a 1-4 in this close 5 horse field race.

Another race that looks like it is a 4 horse breakaway, between 2-7-6-5. Top selection 2 Real Mindale has a good post and good driver/trainer combo, so I see no reason to adjust. Second listed is 7 Mitt Jagger who faces a bit weaker this week after bronze last week, and Simons in the bike looks good, unfortunately the 1 point separation looks to be because of the post position. Next is the ML Favorite 6 Rock N Row who faces tougher here. He actually tied with the 5 for 3rd in the software, but was given the spot because of the ML tiebreaker. Needs a trip, but form is spot on. Would use 2-7-6-5 on P5 ticket, and take a shot on the 2 or 7 if the odds look good.

YET ANOTHER 4 horse breakaway. This is a bit more drastic than the other 2. Here, the 5 and 3 tie for top ranked, followed 1.5 points by 7-4. Top selection Phoenician has great recent form and catches a field much like recent races. 3 Bistro ties for the top spot, but seems to like minor awards. Could hit at a price. Third and 4th were split by 0.5 points, where the 7 Sand Swan has looked good since returning. Two back would give this one the top spot, however was degraded due to post and last race. I'd take a stand against the favorite in this and go 5-3-7 on the tickets.

Race 5- Top 3: 3-6-5

Clear cut on top here 3-6. 3 Aloneinspades is 2 points higher than 6 Del Rio Seelster and those 2 break away by 6 points. If you have the cash, go 3-6, otherwise I'd say tag 3 Aloneinspades as the key in here.

Race 6- Top 3: 8-9-3

Top selection 8 Firstofitskind is still the top selection even though getting knocked for post. Form, speed, and class. Next is the 9 Road Untraveled, who also holds spot even though poor post. Faces tougher here, but recent form and speed seem to biggest boosts. Next was 3 Grande Seelster, who nosed out the 4 for the 3rd spot. I'd stick with the top 2 in here on top though as they hold those spots even with poor posts.

2 Owosso Flash is a must use. Next is between 1 and 4. I would go with Southern Winds. Hennessey on the rail for Case. Two back was good, but last out deflated the rating.

Race 8- Top 3: 6-3-1

6 All Steinman is a 2 point breakaway even with post 6. Second choice was close between 3 Energy Shakes and 1 Celebrity Scandal. I would personally go with 1 Celebrity Scandal as the 2nd choice. Although not as classy, recent form looks good and draws rail. Energy Shakes is 2nd off a small break with good past numbers, but last out was empty.

Race 9- Top 3: 7-1-5

Top Selection goes to 7 Secretsoftheknight, even though poor post. I would use Pop Cop as the top selection, especially if price is decent. Rating was close between the two and Macdonald draws the rail. I would box these 3 if exacta probables are not bad, but if I had to pick top 2, I'd go 1-7.

Race 10- Top 3: 3-1-4

Race 11- Top 3: 3-1-6

My P5 tickets

2 WITH 3-4-5 WITH 2-5-6-7 WITH 3-5-7 WITH 3-6

7-8 WITH 3-5 WITH 2-6-7 WITH 3-5-7 WITH 3

Total Cost: $54

Way off in first 🤕

lamboguy
01-30-2017, 08:28 AM
i predict that in race 2 at Pompano this evening, the 5 will pay $2.10 to winthe breakage gods were very kind to all the PANOCHIO win bettors, they gave you $2.20

willphorse
01-30-2017, 09:42 AM

Race 2- Top 3: 5-4...5 Wins $2.20

Race 5- Top 3: 3-6-5...3 Wins $4.40

Race 6- Top 3: 8-9-3...8 Wins $4.40

Race 8- Top 3: 6-3-1...1 Wins $14.40

Race 9- Top 3: 7-1-5...1 Wins $8.40

Race 10- Top 3: 3-1-4...1 Wins $4.00

Race 11- Top 3: 3-1-6...3 Wins $7.00

Top Selection: 33% (-$6.00)
Top 2- 50%
Top 3- 58%

So far- One of Top 3 are averaging 70% Winners. A little bit more work to do...