PDA

View Full Version : Anybody surprised? Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-28-2017, 11:48 AM
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/27/report-hillary-clinton-may-have-received-as-many-as-800-000-votes-from-non-citizens/21702016/

I anybody surprised at this? But seriously, it is only the tip of the iceberg. As we all know, Democrats need illegal voters to prop them up. Their base is: illegal aliens, the wealthy, far left extremists who cannot understand why America does not want to be like the rest of the world, those who have only voted Democratic Party their whole lives and those dependent on government so they don't have to work.

Poor Donald Trump only has working Americans on his side.

Inner Dirt
01-28-2017, 12:07 PM
Pretty sure many non citizens vote in places like California where registering is simple and no ID is required to vote. I doubt California government workers are vetting the voter registration forms very closely if at all.

boxcar
01-28-2017, 12:12 PM
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/27/report-hillary-clinton-may-have-received-as-many-as-800-000-votes-from-non-citizens/21702016/

I anybody surprised at this? But seriously, it is only the tip of the iceberg. As we all know, Democrats need illegal voters to prop them up. Their base is: illegal aliens, the wealthy, far left extremists who cannot understand why America does not want to be like the rest of the world, those who have only voted Democratic Party their whole lives and those dependent on government so they don't have to work.

Poor Donald Trump only has working Americans on his side.

Try to keep up, Jess. This is old news. See "Mainstream Media will Will Wear Egg on Face" thread. Also, JR posted a similar but different story in that thread.

davew
01-28-2017, 12:13 PM
It's a LIE, I keep hearing it on all the stations and just part of the propaganda being pushed by new administration

I do believe the census counts all people, which changes congressional districts, possibly helping democrats.

EasyGoer89
01-28-2017, 12:29 PM
These people couldn't leave well enough alone they had to keep needling trump about popular vote well guess what's gonna happen now when millions of votes are stripped from the beast in calif.

Millions Jerry, MILLIONS!

upthecreek
01-28-2017, 12:30 PM
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/01/27/gregg-phillips-votestand-app-claims-have-proof-millions-illegal-votes

boxcar
01-28-2017, 12:31 PM
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/01/27/gregg-phillips-votestand-app-claims-have-proof-millions-illegal-votes

This is the link JR posted yesterday.

mostpost
01-28-2017, 01:21 PM
There is so much wrong with this allegation. Start with the fact that the stories say that 800,000 non citizens voted, but Professor Richmond puts the number at 100,000. In addition, the survey looks at two elections; the election of 2008 and the election of 2010. In the election of 2008, it finds that 6.4% of the responses were from non citizens who voted illegally. In 2010, that number was 2.2%. That is a difference of almost 300%, which calls into question the validity of the survey. Considering the discrepancy, how can one extrapolate to an election held six years later.

More important though is the methodology of the survey upon which Richmond bases his conclusions. The various stories tell us that this was an online survey. What precautions were taken to ensure that all answers were honest and accurate? Was it possible for someone to vote twice or more times. If Republican operatives wanted to advance their theory that illegals were voting, what was there to prevent them from skewing the poll, simply by claiming falsely that they were non citizens.

At least one of the stories I read on this said that number of persons surveyed was far below the standard needed for a national poll.

To me, this was a poorly thought out opinion on the part of Professor Richman based on a poorly executed survey. In other words, it was perfect for Trump.

ETA: Richman, not Richmond

Saratoga_Mike
01-28-2017, 02:26 PM
There is so much wrong with this allegation. Start with the fact that the stories say that 800,000 non citizens voted, but Professor Richmond puts the number at 100,000. In addition, the survey looks at two elections; the election of 2008 and the election of 2010. In the election of 2008, it finds that 6.4% of the responses were from non citizens who voted illegally. In 2010, that number was 2.2%. That is a difference of almost 300%, which calls into question the validity of the survey. Considering the discrepancy, how can one extrapolate to an election held six years later.(sic)

"Originally Posted by mostpost
The number of persons who attempted to vote as someone else is far less than miniscule; 1) something like one out of every 50,000,000 voters."

At one point, you implied a total of 3 people voted fraudulently in presidential elections. Considering the discrepancy, how can one trust your analysis?

PaceAdvantage
01-28-2017, 02:28 PM
Hi Mike...welcome back! I didn't realize until now just how much I missed having you around here! :ThmbUp:

(And in case you think I'm BSing you, I'm not...)

(I know it's only been a couple of weeks, but it feels like forever since I last saw you post)

davew
01-28-2017, 02:35 PM
"Originally Posted by mostpost
The number of persons who attempted to vote as someone else is far less than miniscule; 1) something like one out of every 50,000,000 voters."

At one point, you implied a total of 3 people voted fraudulently in presidential elections. Considering the discrepancy, how can one trust your analysis?

I am still waiting for a "I am an idiot and believed the mainstream media and their polls" after one of their falsified claims - like Hillary is going to win in a landslide....

Saratoga_Mike
01-28-2017, 02:46 PM
I am still waiting for a "I am an idiot and believed the mainstream media and their polls" after one of their falsified claims - like Hillary is going to win in a landslide....

National polls had her up by 3.2 points a few days before the election. She won the national popular vote by about 2.1 points.* I find it comical that everyone thinks the polls were so off. State-level polling, with smaller sample sizes, may have been off, but the national polling was basically correct.

One more thing on voter fraud: Trump's claims are just as outlandish (far too high, imo) as MP's. At least in the case of Trump, it's based on his narcissism. In the case of MP (far too low, imo), he must just live in a fantasyland.

*http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

chadk66
01-28-2017, 02:58 PM
I figured Mosti committed suicide

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-28-2017, 05:03 PM
Voter fraud. Shmoter fraud.
Statistics. Shmatistics. (Try to keep up with this technical talk.)

The FACT is that we all know that the Dems cheat whenever possible. It is in their DNA. We had it verified in Wikileaks (i.e., the only debate is who was the source of the leaks. Even the dems don't deny that those emails showing what scum they are is real).

Voter fraud by Democrats is easily provable as only the Dems fight to prevent showing ID when you vote.

The good news is the good guys beat the evil this time around and things will improve greatly in this country for the next 4 years.

Say hallelujah. Say amen.

upthecreek
01-28-2017, 05:09 PM
This is the link JR posted yesterday.
Mea culpa I saw it on Twitter this AM

Saratoga_Mike
01-28-2017, 05:41 PM

I thought Hillary was going to win (I didn't vote for HRC or Trump). The polls showed Hillary up by 3.2 pts; she won by 2.1 pts. In the summer, I thought she might win by a ton. A week before the election, I thought she'd win by 3 or 4 pts. She won the popular vote by 2 pts. What am I missing? Oh you predicted she'd win the popular vote by 2 pts and lose the Electoral College? Damn, that was a great call. Post a link to that. Again, great call. And the media really needs to get better polls--reporting polls that turned out off by 1.1 pts. #FakeNews, right?

_______
01-28-2017, 06:32 PM
I thought Hillary was going to win (I didn't vote for HRC or Trump). The polls showed Hillary up by 3.2 pts; she won by 2.1 pts. In the summer, I thought she might win by a ton. A week before the election, I thought she'd win by 3 or 4 pts. She won the popular vote by 2 pts. What am I missing? Oh you predicted she'd win the popular vote by 2 pts and lose the Electoral College? Damn, that was a great call. Post a link to that. Again, great call. And the media really needs to get better polls--reporting polls that turned out off by 1.1 pts. #FakeNews, right?

I've thought about this a long time and decided not to bother.

The people posting about the polls being wrong about this election are the same ones insisting that polls got Brexit wrong.

No one wants to look at actual data. It ruins the narrative.

Saratoga_Mike
01-28-2017, 06:37 PM
I've thought about this a long time and decided not to bother.

The people posting about the polls being wrong about this election are the same ones insisting that polls got Brexit wrong.

No one wants to look at actual data. It ruins the narrative.

Too funny, I almost included the Brexit vote in my post. Polls aren't perfect, but in both cases, they weren't too far off. It's polling-results revisionism. The way people talk the "Stay" and "Hillary" votes were up by 20 points prior to the vote.

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-29-2017, 10:24 AM
Polls aren't perfect, but in both cases, they weren't too far off.

I don't give them that much credit. Do you really think people changed their minds week-to-week that much leading up to the election? I don't think it even remotely possible.

Polling is an industry out for self preservation. We all know that only a small percentage of people answer the phone when they don't know the caller. The whole thing is a crock.

As for exit polls, they finish up in the morning. Working people vote after they get off from work.

incoming
01-29-2017, 11:15 AM
I don't give them that much credit. Do you really think people changed their minds week-to-week that much leading up to the election? I don't think it even remotely possible.

Polling is an industry out for self preservation. We all know that only a small percentage of people answer the phone when they don't know the caller. The whole thing is a crock.

As for exit polls, they finish up in the morning. Working people vote after they get off from work.

Polls have been around for a long time. But political polls only started to have an effect when media organization started to take their own polls. It didn't take them long for them to start asking leading and pointed questions so they could shape the news into their own political delusions. How many stories today fill our news media with these unverified sources.(polls) Polls are the biggest sources of "FAKED NEWS." All kinds of fabricated news stories can be told with just a bunch of phones calls to who know where using polls as their sources.