PDA

View Full Version : Cheap SoCal race

ultracapper
01-27-2017, 02:59 PM
1/27/16 SA 4th

:1: Horse has fair early speed and should go from the rail. Very new trainer I'm sure served an "apprenticeship" somewhere, but I have no clue who he is. No reason to think this filly will be a win threat.

:2: 7yo mare needs fast/slow collapse for best. Not likely with this group.

:3: Perfectly placed for first off the claim effort. Filly always has something left in the lane, and the Jan18 workout signals she's doing well.

:4: 2 for 35 6yo mare has been lugging TBaze around for 6 months now. Tyler doesn't seem to mind. He'll drop her to the rail and try to have her in a spot where she won't have too much to do in the lane. That's what he'll TRY to do, but she'll probably lack that punch to get past the 2 or 3 that will get first run on her.

:5: Slowest gal in the race on BSF, and I'd trust them in this case. Eligible for easier conditions to boot.

:6: Plenty of speed to be positioned properly throughout. She really needs to go right to the front with this group and try to win this race early. However, if she doesn't clear immediately, she'll be left to stalk. She's not real good at that. She takes too long to go by and take command, and then gives up the lead much too easy when challenged in the stretch. New trainer ran her 30Dec at SA, sent her to GG for a couple works, with what can only be assumed with the intention of running her there, then brings her back to SA for this.

I'll play :3: . She should be able to get by :6: well before the wire and win clear. Need to insist on the ML 3/1, and if that is offered, I'll bet 9 units, splitting them evenly between win and place.

I've lost too much money over the years getting greedy in the exotic pools, so I don't venture there often, and won't in this case, but if I did, I'd play the exacta and trifecta the same, :3: / :2: :6: , leaning heavier on the :3: / :6: exacta than the :3: / :2: . Get real cute and just go :3: / :6: and cold tri :3: / :2: / :6: