PDA

View Full Version : CHRIS KAY- ****** CEO OF NYRA, HERE'S WHY

Pages : [1] 2

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 08:00 PM
Good evening Mr. Kay,

As a fellow company person, a V.P. for a large financial institution in NYC, I am reaching out to you with some detailed and important feedback for your association. I must also disclose to you, that I am probably in the top percentile or top 3 percentiles of your clients. My name is BLANK BLANK and I am player account # XXXXXXXX. I take this industry extremely seriously and have a monster passion for it. Through November of this year I have wagered exactly $908,364.40 via NYRA, with an additional $50,000 in handle in December, MTD. Please keep in mind, this is just 1 of my accounts that I maintain. I have 3 ADW's in my name. I understand your background and I can't hold it against you, that you didn't go grow up in this industry like others. When I was in my mother's womb, I spent countless days at Charles Town Races in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. When I was 4, I was found to be a special talent with unheard of math skills. At 4 years old, I picked up a program and was calculating turn times at Charles Town Races. I eventually skipped 2 grades and was out of college before my 21st birthday. I am now 40 years old and have spent my entire life (not literally but throughout....) at a racetrack and in this industry. My parents are innocent souls, who had their first dates at the racetrack and have spent a lifetime, not generations but a lifetime at the racetrack.

I have been attending the races with my mother, since 1976. We are regulars at NYRA, year round through rain, sleet or snow. When I say regular, I mean every single Saturday, Sunday, Holiday and during all 35 vacation days of my calendar year. Many times after work as well as I have a flexible schedule. Many times during work as I belong to various Chambers and Philanthropic organizations. We attend AQU live, Belmont live and Saratoga live. I have walked by you hundreds of times but never wanted to interrupt you as I know what it's like to be an Executive. I work closely with the public all the time and it's sincerely my pleasure to do so. That is THE benefit of my employment, helping people. I wager to profit and I am successful at it. Because I am successful at it, I am able to churn and wager into 7 figures and above despite my "gambling budget" being about $30,000 for a year.

While I am at work or whining and dining clients, I do place wagers (early in the day before work or when I am free) and call my mother to let her know what I have wagered on. With her being disabled and mostly confined to the house, she has not much to do, especially since she lost her ability to read. My dad is also ill and is home due to injury. He is a restless workaholic who enjoys the intellectual stimulation of solving a horse race puzzle. It is THE intelligent person's game. If you want to lose, you play the slots. If you like to control your destiny, you wager on horses. When I call home to let them know who to root for in most races, they get excited and look forward to the upcoming races.

They turn on the TV and change the channel to 1994 and root!

Come 12 days from now, YOU, have FOREVER and abruptly taken that joy, that bond, away from my mother and father.

That, Mr. Kay, literally hits home and pierces my heart.

With that said, I am a logical soul, Spocklike, if you followed Star Trek.....I don't allow emotions to impede my logical thought.

Please allow me to tell you about my preferences, my wagering preferences. I would hope I have your attention, as you are THE leader of the NYRA, a non for profit that was created for the sole purpose of growing and maintaining this glorious industry. You more than anyone know that: A nonprofit organization (NPO) (also known as a non-business entity) is an organization with the purpose of which is something other than making a profit. A nonprofit organization is often dedicated (not leveraged for personal gain) to furthering a particular social cause or advocating for a particular point of view.

When I wager at home, at night or in some cases when I just can't make it to the track, I like to study with my laptop and watch the race live via your NYRA Network. If I had to start switching tabs back and forth,on my laptop or clicking with my mouse etc, etc, it would absolutely cripple my ability to watch horses in the paddock and during their warm up. If I lose the ability to turn the channel to the NYRA Network, my handle will drop from 7 figures to low 6 figures. I wager on super exotics with 80% or 90% of my handle. I am sure you know that super exotics are the most profitable wagers in terms of takeout for all racetracks. I am sure you are thinking that I can acquire a ROKU or some other gadget and stream the races to my TV. That does not help me. I need and I want the ability to turn on and old fashioned HDTV (an oxymoron, I know...) and simply watch the NYRA and NON NYRA races.

When I am not home, which is quite often, I need and want my parents to be able to simply place the channel on the NYRA Network. Without this ability they will no longer be able to pass their days and nights as they used to (when we are not on track). My parents can't even spell internet, nevermind use the internet, so streaming races is not an option.

I've neglected to inform you that my parents, despite their health issues/disability, wager over $100,000 a year on your races.

Furthermore, I have an uncle in NYC, who again does not know what the internet is, who wagers via NYRA telebets, the NYRA Network and on track, well over $200,000 a year.

Outside of my family, I have clients and friends who are older, who can not even think of e-mailing you (due to limited tech skills), who wager via watching on the NYRA Network.

I know people on track, in the VIP room, who do not use the internet or who have internet but prefer the simple TV, like me.

I did some research and found that expected handle from Telebet was supposed to be about $43,000,000 in 2011, post OTB closing. I know that is not the driving force of the industry, nor is it the distribution channel you want to support but I would guess that there are still $15,000,000 handled annually via telebet. If I am wrong, please forgive me. Whatever that dollar amount is, it is all ours, forgive me (I think of NYRA and NY racing as if I am a part of it, hence "our"), NYRA's. At an average takeout of 19%, that is $2,850,000 in net revenue from Telebet (before expenses). Anyone who uses Telebet is obviously dependant on the NYRA channel. It boggles my mind, that any person in a position of authority, would make the decision to remove the NYRA channel.

There are approximately, 8,406,000 legal residents of NYC. I'd venture to say an additional 2,000,000 are undocumented, living in NYC. You are knowingly removing free advertising and a VITAL distribution channel to 10,000,000 PLUS people, for what? A measly $500,000....

If you were employed in my organization, the door would hit you so hard, you'd have a broken back.

If you were in the US army, you would be locked up for treason.

I find it repulsive that you are alienating a client, who, when I start using my other ADW's full time because of your decision, will cost you:

A) $1,000,000 in my personal handle X average takeout of 22%= $220,000
B) My parents handle of $100,000 X average takeout of 17%=$17,000
C) My uncle's handle of $200,000 X average takeout of 20%=$40,000
D) My $5,000 a year in concession expenditures
E) I didn't bring this up but I have a following on track-people follow my bets and wager accordingly. I can't put a number on that.
F) All the other people outside of my circle, that will be devastated by this (People in care homes, who wager on NYRA, other older clientele who bet via telebet or make a wager and go home to watch their races later on in the day etc.).
G) Future exposure. You have the capability of reaching over $10,000,000 in NYC via this channel.

I have a simple solution, keep me happy, you save $282,000. Take away your completely unwarranted bonus of $250,000 and we're $32,000 ahead.

Or maybe do a better job trying to PROMOTE the sport as a thinking person's game to the millenials and baby boomers, increase handle and revenue and look to SPEND more on growing the game VS. where to save money so the execs get every last drop out of this lemon before it dies off.

Now, please, don't take this personal. This is a logical letter, strictly pointing to facts. I gave you a background so you can see just how much a simple thing as a TV channel, literally hits home with people, it wasn't meant for emotional reasons.

NYRA just expanded their horizon to 30 additional states. Why simply turn your back on the reason NYRA exists (Loyal NYC patrons)???

If you carry through with this, you will do irreperable harm to your hardcore and LOYAL followers. There is a breaking point. A 72 year old will not travel to the track 5 days a week, when they are used to calling in bets from home (and watching from TV). They will not simply learn to use the internet all of a sudden. You will lose them as clients forever. You will lose the ability to give grandpa, a chance to bring their grandchildren to the track (who may become fans like me back in 1976), because he or she ISN'T coming back after this.

If you carry through with this, you will have a ZERO % chance of reaching out to a recently retired baby boomer, who has expendible income and the time to play the horses daily.

Why aren't busses plastered with NYRA Network advertising, running up and down NYC?

Here is my professional disclaimer to you and NYRA. Starting in January, I will be wagering with another ADW, as I have zero reason to be loyal to NYRA anymore. You can now start making 3-5% on my wagers, instead of 22%. That is not a threat but a repurcussion of your business decision.

I strongly and respectfully ask you to reconsider your decision to terminate the usage of the NYRA Network.

I would be more than amicable to a telephone conversation to further discuss this or to provide you with any other feeback, facts or opinions. If you'd like we can arrange a meeting when I am on track.

Assuming, I will never hear from you, I wish you #1 Best health to you and your loved ones, #2 The merriest of holidays and #3 A happy and healthy new year.

Sincerely,

BLANK BLANK
XXXXXXXX

The aforementioned letter (minor edits to remove personal information) is what I sent to the CEO of NYRA on Dec 19, 2016.

It is now January 25th, 2017. I have not received a response of any kind.

Besides posting this on here, I am now sending this to the current board of directors, Paulick Report, Bloodhorse, all local papers, DRF, Governor Cuomo and go ahead and mock me, Donald Trump. I'm sure Mr. Trump would love to hear about the possible loss of jobs at Telebet (due there not being a NYRA channel anymore).

I explained this to Mr. Kay (that I would do so if I don't receive a response). He obviously didn't care.

johnhannibalsmith
01-25-2017, 08:12 PM

It is now January 25th, 2017. I have not received a response of any kind.

He might still be reading it.

Twin Double
01-25-2017, 08:14 PM

:lol: :lol:

thaskalos
01-25-2017, 08:15 PM

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 08:21 PM
And you boys call yourselves lovers of this game/industry.

Sad.....

johnhannibalsmith
01-25-2017, 08:22 PM
And you boys call yourselves lovers of this game/industry.

Sad.....

Sorry, it is way too long.

thaskalos
01-25-2017, 08:30 PM
If I received such a letter...I'd think it was a put-on.

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 08:34 PM
If I received such a letter...I'd think it was a put-on.

Well since he was given my account number and was able to verify the facts, that scenario is out of the question.

Nevermind the channel, the fact that he didn't even reply, is a spit in the face of his clients.

Unacceptable, period.

I just sent it to 8 members of the NYS Gaming Commission. At the very least, they need to know that he is unresponsive to clients.

Racetrack Playa
01-25-2017, 08:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGd9jGat-2U
soundtrack

Awesome letter EMD you should send it in. Again

thaskalos
01-25-2017, 08:39 PM
Well since he was given my account number and was able to verify the facts, that scenario is out of the question.

Nevermind the channel, the fact that he didn't even reply, is a spit in the face of his clients.

Unacceptable, period.

I just sent it to 8 members of the NYS Gaming Commission. At the very least, they need to know that he is unresponsive to clients.

Well...you did the best that you could do.

If telling him that you were calculating turn times at Charles Town at the tender age of 4 years-old couldn't get him to respond to you...then the man's heart is made of stone.

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 08:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGd9jGat-2U
soundtrack

Awesome letter EMD you should send it in. Again

I wish I never had to send it and I wish I didn't have to track down NYRA Board member e-mails.

As a people pleaser, I find his non response repulsive.

Twin Double
01-25-2017, 08:41 PM
If you were employed in my organization, the door would hit you so hard, you'd have a broken back.

If you were in the US army, you would be locked up for treason.

I find it repulsive that you are alienating a client, who, when I start using my other ADW's full time because of your decision, will cost yo

He stopped reading at the point I highlighted above.

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Well...you did the best that you could do.

If telling him that you were calculating turn times at Charles Town at the tender age of 4 years-old couldn't get him to respond to you...then the man's heart is made of stone.

In a way, Thaskalos, you hit the nail on the head sir.

I'm not the type to say: It is what it is, shrug his shoulders and accept. I try to lead, change and alter until I'm blue in the face, professionally and with logic.

If I did my part, then I can sleep at night.

You know what really pisses me off? As countless people come up to me and bitch about not being able to go home after the races (with their programs) and bet via watching on TV (and telebet), I ask them: What did you do about it? I get a shrug and deer eyes. They ask what did you do. I tell them what I did and do. I ask them to do the same. They sadly say: I don't have e-mail. I don't use the computah. It's sad.

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 08:45 PM

Possibly but the point had to be made. It really is that simple....

Keep me happy. Save $280,000 in net revenue.

Take away his unwarranted bonus of $250,000, they're ahead $32,000.

Nevermind all the lost handle from the old folk who can't make it on track or learn how to use the computah (as they call it).

thaskalos
01-25-2017, 08:46 PM
I think he stopped after reading the title of the essay.

johnhannibalsmith
01-25-2017, 08:46 PM

I mean, I was trying to be nice by just calling it too long but this and Gus' post is the problem. You have to wade through an autobiography, a half-dozen anecdotes, a bunch of odd characterizations - just to get to the part where the author starts insulting you. And that's without considering that perhaps he's already aware that no response is going to please this guy other than "the channel is back!"

I know you think that it is your passion coming through, but this isn't supposed to be a letter to DaHoss90210.

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 08:49 PM

You're both wrong.

I won't say why but you're wrong....

He chose to ignore and in today's day and age, a courtesy letter in response was at least merited.

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 08:50 PM
I respect all your opinions but I disagree. He needed to fully understand how deep this issue is and with specifics, how it makes no sense from a net revenue perspective.

johnhannibalsmith
01-25-2017, 08:51 PM
I respect all your opinions but I disagree. He needed to fully understand how deep this issue is and with specifics, how it makes no sense from a net revenue perspective.

:ThmbUp:

Good reply.

ReplayRandall
01-25-2017, 08:55 PM
I wish I never had to send it and I wish I didn't have to track down NYRA Board member e-mails.

As a people pleaser, I find his non response repulsive.
You've been watching too many Frasier re-runs....This isn't the opera board you're corresponding with, for God sake's, make the letter brief and dumb it down.

Twin Double
01-25-2017, 09:01 PM
I mean, I was trying to be nice by just calling it too long but this and Gus' post is the problem. You have to wade through an autobiography, a half-dozen anecdotes, a bunch of odd characterizations - just to get to the part where the author starts insulting you. And that's without considering that perhaps he's already aware that no response is going to please this guy other than "the channel is back!"

I know you think that it is your passion coming through, but this isn't supposed to be a letter to DaHoss90210.

EMD4ME I think it's great people like you are as passionate about the sport as you are, but this above is my exact thinking as well. Just my honest opinion.

thaskalos
01-25-2017, 09:04 PM

You wrote the letter to ask for a favor...and you ended up talking down to the man, and telling him how to do his job.

Tell me you are joking about including that part where you told him that he would get his back broken because the door of your "large financial institution" would hit him on the back with excessive force. :rolleyes:

I hope your job at your financial institution does not include interacting with CEOs of other companies.

Twin Double
01-25-2017, 09:06 PM
You wrote the letter to ask for a favor...and you ended up talking down to the man, and telling him how to do his job.

Tell me you are joking about including that part where you told him that he would get his back broken because the door of your "large financial institution" would hit him on the back with excessive force. :rolleyes:

I hope your job at your financial institution does not include interacting with CEOs of other companies.

Shit, I'm hoping I'm not a vendor for one of his companies and I end up doing something he disagrees with. I already have a bad back

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 09:07 PM
EMD4ME I think it's great people like you are as passionate about the sport as you are, but this above is my exact thinking as well. Just my honest opinion.

That's cool, we agree to disagree.

I'm a sensitive soul who is extremely compassionate. So, when I receive letters or e-mails that are long (as long as they are articulate and coherent) I enjoy reading them. Why? Because if someone took the time to describe so much emotion, thoughtful theories and relevant detailed facts, I'd be an imbicile to not thoroughly give it the attention that the thoughts deserve.

If I'm a leader in any industry and I receive a long thoughtful passionate letter, I am honored someone took the time TO complain as most clients don't complain and simply disappear.

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 09:10 PM

Many times in business, you need to tell people like it is.....

Funny you say that, I just resigned (again) 2 weeks ago. That career change of last year was interrupted by mom's new (newer than that life changing incident) issues. A leave of absence just wasn't going to cut it.

I'm a free agent :jump: :jump: :jump:

(Go ahead, I just set up your next sarcastic joke...I'm waiting :) )

Twin Double
01-25-2017, 09:13 PM
Many times in business, you need to tell people like it is.....

Funny you say that, I just resigned (again) 2 weeks ago. That career change of last year was interrupted by mom's new (newer than that life changing incident) issues. A leave of absence just wasn't going to cut it.

I'm done for the night LOL. Keep the thread posted if you get a response though.

SuperPickle
01-25-2017, 09:15 PM

Exactly. If you expected this to spur some change in action it's the worst letter ever written.

Now if you wanted to save $100 on therapy to get the thoughts in your head out it was well executed.

dilanesp
01-25-2017, 09:15 PM
$958,000 in handle last year? Couldn't you have found a horse to bet another $42,000 on so you could hit a million?

thaskalos
01-25-2017, 09:16 PM

As they say in our country (Greece)..."I wouldn't even hire you to feed my donkey". :)

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 09:17 PM
As they say in our country (Greece)..."I wouldn't even hire you to feed my donkey". :)

Don't ever say I was not a good team mate (setting up jokes for you ;) )

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 09:18 PM
I'm done for the night LOL. Keep the thread posted if you get a response though.

I will not hold my breath. I know it's a waste of time but I needed to do it, so I can at least hold my head high when I see people bitching about it on track.

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 09:20 PM
Exactly. If you expected this to spur some change in action it's the worst letter ever written.

Now if you wanted to save $100 on therapy to get the thoughts in your head out it was well executed.

Extra! Extra! Extra!

SHOCKER!!!

Racing insider hates it when "degenerate" player makes sense

proximity
01-25-2017, 09:27 PM
. When I was in my mother's womb, I spent countless days at Charles Town Races in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. When I was 4, I was found to be a special talent with unheard of math skills. At 4 years old, I picked up a program and was calculating turn times at Charles Town Races. I eventually skipped 2 grades and was out of college before my 21st birthday. I am now 40 years old and have spent my entire life (not literally but throughout....) at a racetrack and in this industry.......

i believe the track and casino is technically in ranson and programs didn't have enough information to calculate turn times back then. other than that i'm sorry mr kay chooses not to communicate with you. good luck emd.

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 09:33 PM
I don't remember who said it but it made a lot of sense....

If you're not from NYC and lived in NYC for many years, you just won't
"get" this issue.

cj
01-25-2017, 09:44 PM
You went astray in some parts and I would have to think that made a reply unlikely. For instance, suggesting he not get a bonus was probably the end of any reading he did.

Nyraguru
01-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Hey I grew up about 3 blocks from aqueduct racetrack been playing horses for more than 30years . nyra has always been a horrible orginaztion especially with its treatment of the dedicated horseplayer. Over the pass 3, 4 years I thought they had finally figured it out. But it appears things are going back to the past. It all started when they stopped the nyra reply show...... We need the network and guys like Jason with that passion and true love for the game. When I arrived at aqueduct over the pass two weekends, the talking horses pre race handicapping show before each race card is a total joke 100% bland . no life at all

AskinHaskin
01-25-2017, 09:48 PM
While I am at work or whining

He stopped reading once he deduced your sole purpose for communicating, first by guessing you weren't at work.

proximity
01-25-2017, 09:54 PM

whine (sic) and dine it? :)

SuperPickle
01-25-2017, 09:55 PM
Extra! Extra! Extra!

SHOCKER!!!

Racing insider hates it when "degenerate" player makes sense

First off I'm fine with people making any point as long as its well written. That thing is the rantings of a mad man. It's EMD's manifesto.

But here's why it sucks. You literally accused the guy of treason and then signed it "respectfully." Unless you're trying to be funny that's just not true. Your email isn't respectful. You called him a traitor. Told him he sucked at his job.

This may shock you but generally the worst way to ask people to do something for you is to tell them they suck.

I'm fine with you writing Chris Kay to tell him about your family and childhood. I'm fine with you writing Chris Kay to tell hm you think he sucks. I'm fine with you writing Chris Kay and asking him for a favor. I'm fine with your writing Chris Kay to tell he should reconsider a decision he made.

Basically you combined all those ideas into one email that lacks a coherent thought.

If you wanted the guy to save your tv channel you should have written him a pithy brief email asking him not to cancel it. Instead you wrote some thousand word manifesto about your birth he'l never read. And you think he's the bad guy for not reading it.

Actually if you had a clue which you don't you'd have started by writing him a note asking him for clarification and explanation on why the channel was going away. By starting the email string with a question and being nice he'd probably have replied and then you could have escalated it from there. You'd also have been better off starting beneath the CEO to give your self an escalation point. Starting with CEO means you have no where to go from there. You lack any sense of tactics.

But you weren't smart enough to do that. So you failed.

FAIL!

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 09:58 PM
First off I'm fine with people making any point as long as its well written. That thing is the rantings of a mad man. It's EMD's manifesto.

But here's why it sucks. You literally accused the guy of treason and then signed it "respectfully." Unless you're trying to be funny that's just not true. Your email isn't respectful. You called him a traitor. Told him he sucked at his job.

This may shock you but generally the worst way to ask people to do something for you is to tell them they suck.

I'm fine with you writing Chris Kay to tell him about your family and childhood. I'm fine with you writing Chris Kay to tell hm you think he sucks. I'm fine with you writing Chris Kay and asking him for a favor. I'm fine with your writing Chris Kay to tell he should reconsider a decision he made.

Basically you combined all those ideas into one email that lacks a coherent thought.

If you wanted the guy to save your tv channel you should have written him a pithy brief email asking him not to cancel it. Instead you wrote some thousand word manifesto about your birth he'l never read. And you think he's the bad guy for not reading it.

Actually if you had a clue which you don't you'd have started by writing him a note asking him for clarification and explanation on why the channel was going away. By starting the email string with a question and being nice he'd probably have replied and then you could have escalated it from there. You'd also have been better off starting beneath the CEO to give your self an escalation point. Starting with CEO means you have no where to go from there. You lack any sense of tactics.

But you weren't smart enough to do that. So you failed.

FAIL!

What exactly do you do in this industry again please?

SuperPickle
01-25-2017, 10:01 PM
What exactly do you do in this industry again please?

Oh I've been out of the business for years. I looked at what people like Doug Bredar have been through in this business and got out.

http://www.drf.com/news/caton-and-doug-bredar-and-horse-racing-have-been-perfect-together

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 10:05 PM
Funny how there's not 1 post discussing the actual cost savings VS. loss of net revenue from this decision. All the focus is on what the author did wrong....

At least I did something about this.

I'm not sitting on the sidelines critiquing the one who at least wrote a letter.

cj
01-25-2017, 10:06 PM
Funny how there's not 1 post discussing the actual cost savings VS. loss of net revenue from this decision. All the focus is on what the author did wrong....

I'm not sitting on the sidelines critiquing the one who at least wrote a letter.

I applaud you writing the letter. The problem is you can't insult a guy like you did and expect results. That is never going to happen.

SuperPickle
01-25-2017, 10:10 PM

That's not true. You did nothing. By your own admission he did not reply.

Like I said you could have written a nicer email asking for an explanation to someone beneath him like Tony Allevato or one of his reports and started a dialog.

What you wanted to do is write the CEO to tell he was wrong and he sucked. You wanted to tell the CEO to go F himself. You accomplished that.

But the idea you did something constructive to try and resolve your issue is a fantasy in your head.

MONEY
01-25-2017, 10:13 PM
3rd paragraph 1st line you wrote,
While I am at work or whining
He will stop reading right there.

SuperPickle
01-25-2017, 10:14 PM
I applaud you writing the letter. The problem is you can't insult a guy like you did and expect results. That is never going to happen.

Exactly. Well said.

If you wanted to tell the guy he sucks at his job its a fine letter.

If you want him to get the channel back its the opposite of effective.

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 10:17 PM

I can respect that. To be blunt, hundreds and hundreds of words and 2 sentences to make a point and this is what one gets out of the letter.

I could've been a whole lot meaner. I felt a bit of bluntness was required. You know why? Because when you're a horseplayer and you're treated the way we are, there's a time to put things in blunt perspective for someone who has really no clue what's going on amongst his clients AND the people who help him receive his $250,000 bonus.

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2017, 10:23 PM
Really man...get a freakin' grip.

"Assuming, I will never hear from you, I wish you #1 Best health to you and your loved ones, #2 The merriest of holidays and #3 A happy and healthy new year."

WHAT?

I want to delete this thread...I really, really do...but as Dahoss would have said, had he still been posting here, this thread is comedy gold.

Twin Double
01-25-2017, 10:26 PM

"Assuming, I will never hear from you, I wish you #1 Best health to you and your loved ones, #2 The merriest of holidays and #3 A happy and healthy new year."

WHAT?

I want to delete this thread...I really, really do...but as Dahoss would have said, had he still been posting here, this thread is comedy gold.

Please don't do that! :lol: :lol:

Maybe find a way to prevent it from being pulled up on google though. :)

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 10:28 PM

WHAT?

One can state something that the recipient doesn't want to hear AND be nice about it.

You boys act like you either should be all 1 way or all the other way.

Broad Brush
01-25-2017, 10:29 PM
It is always good to know another player that can answer the question:
"how long have you been going to the track?", the same as me.
"Since I was a fetus".

But anyway, I think your letter is well written and tried to show the
importance/impact of his decisions.

Since I am 54 and have 14 more years of experience with track Mang.
I have a disappointing conclusion for your results:
Nothing.

Why? He does not understand any of it. We can read it and get
what you are saying. Like most track Mang. they do not get the
passion of betting/following racing. If you really want to confuse him,
send him some Past Performances of a race--he won't know what it is.

They never understand that the "bettor" is the true customer; not the
"casual fan" they so seek.

They relate to and understand the "casual fan" and that is their attention.

I have never understood this.

It never hurts to keep trying to cause change though......

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2017, 10:40 PM
EMD writes to Kay "Now, please, don't take this personal. " :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, I wouldn't have acted like this had you taken the "PUTRID" out of the thread title (like I just did), or didn't threaten the man with a broken back or treason...

I mean, WTF man? You didn't even spell check.

WHINING? It's wining. Come on...you didn't really send this letter yet, right?

If I were Kay, I'd make sure you weren't allowed on any NYRA property going forward. I'd say "F U and your handle...punk." ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶n̶e̶r̶-̶T̶r̶u̶m̶p̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶.̶.̶.̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶.̶

Ooops...I just brought politics into this...scratch that last comment from the record.

cj
01-25-2017, 10:46 PM
All taken care of bossman.

JustRalph
01-25-2017, 11:02 PM
Congrats on having a million bucks to spend on the horses

EMD4ME
01-25-2017, 11:06 PM
It is always good to know another player that can answer the question:
"how long have you been going to the track?", the same as me.
"Since I was a fetus".

But anyway, I think your letter is well written and tried to show the
importance/impact of his decisions.

Since I am 54 and have 14 more years of experience with track Mang.
I have a disappointing conclusion for your results:
Nothing.

Why? He does not understand any of it. We can read it and get
what you are saying. Like most track Mang. they do not get the
passion of betting/following racing. If you really want to confuse him,
send him some Past Performances of a race--he won't know what it is.

They never understand that the "bettor" is the true customer; not the
"casual fan" they so seek.

They relate to and understand the "casual fan" and that is their attention.

I have never understood this.

It never hurts to keep trying to cause change though......

Glad to see someone gets it.

Maybe I'll watch a "match" and get over it.

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2017, 11:07 PM
And for the record, I'm not cheering the elimination of the channel or defending Kay...I'm just saying you're acting like a punk ass crybaby, and the only thing I'd do if I were him after reading that letter, would be to ban you from entering the property. But if they are that desperate for money, I guess they can't afford to... :lol:

Speaking for racing fans everywhere, you're doing us no good. If you're vying for position as racing fan savior, please spare us...you're doing a terrible job.

no breathalyzer
01-25-2017, 11:09 PM
Congrats on having a million bucks to spend on the horses
:lol: is this a hidden joke.. there is a big difference between wagering thru the windows and actually spending 1 mil.. if i bet 60k last yr dosn't mean at any point did i have 60k laying around

Track Phantom
01-25-2017, 11:35 PM
Good evening Mr. Kay......Through November of this year I have wagered exactly $908,364.40 via NYRA, with an additional $50,000 in handle in December, MTD. Please keep in mind, this is just 1 of my accounts that I maintain. I have 3 ADW's in my name. ....I wager to profit and I am successful at it. Because I am successful at it, I am able to churn and wager into 7 figures and above despite my "gambling budget" being about $30,000 for a year.

While I am at work or whining and dining clients
EMD - Don't know you from Adam and it's awfully hard to get a grasp on a person from posting on a forum or via social media in general. My instinct is that you're a pretty decent guy with a flare for exaggeration. This is totally fine but I think that detracts from the salient points you're trying to make.

If I read the above statement correctly, you had $30k to wager but, since you're you so prolific, you were able to put nearly $1M through the windows and this was just a slice of your overall churn. If that is true, well done. Barring a massive hit during the year, this is simply an amazing feat.

I know a lot of account guys that spend time working clients. I've never heard any of them call this activity "wining and dining" (have heard it on a few poorly written sit-coms though).

I don't doubt you're passionate about the game but I do doubt your true motivation for the letter. It was passive-aggressive early and downright insulting afterwards. I'm sure you want that racing channel back but I believe your real goal with this letter was an attempt to get this man to think you're someone he should take serious and then tar-and-feather him once you got his attention.

I doubt he read your letter after the first few sentences which means he would have been deprived from the blunt-force trauma later on.

duncan04
01-25-2017, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the laugh. Its even better that you think you'll get a response after that.

Grits
01-26-2017, 12:46 AM
Emd, you have also sent this letter to Gaming Commission members and the NYRA Board members as well? If you've not hit...send, please don't.

This letter is poorly constructed, poorly worded, void of the logic, the coherency that you spoke of and less professional than anything I've ever read. It is a tome that no one would desire to read. I'll not even go into what others have told you regarding insulting Kay.

In this life, we all have gifts, or a gift. Yours may be math, but sweetheart, I promise you, it's not English. It's not creative writing. It's not filing a complaint writing either.

This man, if he even got as far as a few paragraphs, will realize he has received--this--from a grown, 40 year old man who cannot adapt to change. Think about this because it speaks volumes...You're only 40 and all of this has occurred because of your inability to adapt.

NYRA doesn't have a problem this time. You have the problem.

I'm sorry to be painfully honest but, unfortunately, you've made a fool of yourself. I hope you've not compounded it by firing off more copies to others. You may well be asked not to appear on NYRA's track properties. :(

MonmouthParkJoe
01-26-2017, 07:01 AM
Why not email him requesting a meeting? Let him know how much of a valued customer you are and let him know your issue. At least you know he would hear you out. I would like to think that as an executive and you being a big customer, he would try to make time.

SG4
01-26-2017, 10:00 AM
Funny you say that, I just resigned (again) 2 weeks ago.

Well I don't know if you have a new job lined up yet, but if you don't enjoy being ignored & not getting the courtesy of a response, you are going to HATE a very large majority of the places you send resumes & cover letters to.

I've sent a handful of letters to NYRA in the past, before the Kay regime. I thought they were respectful, constructive & looking to develop further dialogue. Guess how much of a response I got as well? I didn't like it one bit, but I'd at least hope someone read it along the way & maybe it had some impact sticking in someone's head, I don't know, but if I see Barry Schwartz walking down the street I'm not going to heckle him for failing to respond directly to my letter. Unfortunately it seems the courtesy of a reply is out of vogue in many situations - I just heard the majority of break-ups nowadays are done by ghosting instead of an old fashioned "it's not you, it's me," now that is a lack of courtesy!

Track Phantom
01-26-2017, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately it seems the courtesy of a reply is out of vogue in many situations...
Totally agree with this comment. In my work life, I was taught many years ago to always respond to email, even if saying "I got it, will read and respond shortly" or something, just to acknowledge it. I've kept that style throughout my life.

Now, transition to horse racing, I've sent emails to people who have written something well somewhere, had a good radio/TV interview, on and on. You would not believe how rare it is to even get a response of "thank you" when you commend somebody on a good job. It mystifies me that people, specifically in this industry, are so reluctant to interact. It serious baffles me and isn't how I'd conduct myself if I was either a leader or a face of this game, who sorely need ambassadors.

classhandicapper
01-26-2017, 11:06 AM
There are approximately, 8,406,000 legal residents of NYC. I'd venture to say an additional 2,000,000 are undocumented, living in NYC.

If you send it to Trump like you said, I'm not sure he's going to care much about the TV channel, but he may ask for names and addresses of the 2 million. ;)

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:08 AM
If you send it to Trump like you said, I'm not sure he's going to care much about the TV channel, but he may ask for names and addresses of the 2 million. ;)

:D :D

He might care, he did mention Secretariat and Belmont in the first minutes of his acceptance speech.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Totally agree with this comment. In my work life, I was taught many years ago to always respond to email, even if saying "I got it, will read and respond shortly" or something, just to acknowledge it. I've kept that style throughout my life.

Now, transition to horse racing, I've sent emails to people who have written something well somewhere, had a good radio/TV interview, on and on. You would not believe how rare it is to even get a response of "thank you" when you commend somebody on a good job. It mystifies me that people, specifically in this industry, are so reluctant to interact. It serious baffles me and isn't how I'd conduct myself if I was either a leader or a face of this game, who sorely need ambassadors.

It is poor business sense. Baffles me as well.

I've dealt with crazy people, irrational people, blinded (by bias) people, etc. I always hear them out and have been surprised many times in a positive way for doing so. Once you peel layers of the onion, you don't always cry.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Well I don't know if you have a new job lined up yet, but if you don't enjoy being ignored & not getting the courtesy of a response, you are going to HATE a very large majority of the places you send resumes & cover letters to.

I've sent a handful of letters to NYRA in the past, before the Kay regime. I thought they were respectful, constructive & looking to develop further dialogue. Guess how much of a response I got as well? I didn't like it one bit, but I'd at least hope someone read it along the way & maybe it had some impact sticking in someone's head, I don't know, but if I see Barry Schwartz walking down the street I'm not going to heckle him for failing to respond directly to my letter. Unfortunately it seems the courtesy of a reply is out of vogue in many situations - I just heard the majority of break-ups nowadays are done by ghosting instead of an old fashioned "it's not you, it's me," now that is a lack of courtesy!

Pathetic world we live in.

I'm not expecting a response anymore or any change. I expected a .0000001% chance of the channel coming back and about a 15% chance of response. That's how pathetic this world is.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Why not email him requesting a meeting? Let him know how much of a valued customer you are and let him know your issue. At least you know he would hear you out. I would like to think that as an executive and you being a big customer, he would try to make time.

Yes, I'll let you know when the cows come home. I'll even have a race chart printed out for you ;) :lol: Trakus notations and all..... :lol:

Class can help you with the track bias though.... :D

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:18 AM

WHAT?

How many times did I hear you say:

Don't complain about it. Write to someone.

I did.......... but YOU didn't like the recipient of my disappointment ;)

So you spun it as: I don't like WHAT you wrote and HOW you wrote it.

Not a peep of feedback about the numbers cited (telebet, handle of the older folk etc. VS the cost savings).

If I wrote this to the CEO of TVG, I wouldn't of heard a peep out of you.

You're more transparent than a squeeky clean glass door.

aaron
01-26-2017, 11:50 AM
One of the main reasons NY players don't like the management at NYRA is that in the past, they gave players perks and then took them away. I'll cite a few examples, and I am not interested in hearing why, they took them away.
1-They gave us replays on tv each day.
2-Live racing on TV.
3-Account holders got free admission, with a $1000.00 balance in their accounts.
4-Discounts on parking
5-Free parking at Aqueduct
NYRA really was ahead of the curve, when it came to innovation. I don't know why it changed. If they think showing races in HD,makes up for everything, then I just don't get it, which is very possible.

Cratos
01-26-2017, 12:29 PM
I applaud you for writing your letter to the CEO of NYRA, but that is as far as my accolades to you go because given your employment status as stated by you; you should understand that an introductory letter of over 6 pages (length determined by Word 2016) will probably not be read in full by the recipient, if read at all.

Also, there were too many “I’s” which indicates a Julius Caesarean indulgence of stubbornness and a probable inability to rationally listen or concede.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 01:39 PM

Not a peep of feedback about the numbers cited (telebet, handle of the older folk etc. VS the cost savings).

If I wrote this to the CEO of TVG, I wouldn't of heard a peep out of you.

You're more transparent than a squeeky clean glass door.It sounds to me like you are pulling the numbers out of thin air.

What's your source on telebet and "handle of the older folk?"

I'd be saying the same ****ING THING TO YOU no matter who you wrote it to in this industry.

EVEN GRITS agrees with me that's it's the WORST ****ING LETTER YOU COULD HAVE EVER WRITTEN, assuming you actually hoped for a response.

But keep marginalizing what I have to say because you think I'm a NYRA shill...keep it up EMD...in fact, I encourage you to push the envelope even further...do what the protesters do these days...make up some signs and camp out in front of people's homes... :bang:

Track Phantom
01-26-2017, 01:46 PM
But keep marginalizing what I have to say because you think I'm a NYRA shill...keep it up EMD...in fact, I encourage you to push the envelope even further...
Don't think there is a need to attack the guy quite this hard. The letter was awful in a variety of ways. But, PA, this guy does put a lot of editorial content on your site (forum). Isn't that a good thing? I don't have to administer this site so maybe I'm out of line here. Just don't think he's all that bad.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Don't think there is a need to attack the guy quite this hard. The letter was awful in a variety of ways. But, PA, this guy does put a lot of editorial content on your site (forum). Isn't that a good thing? I don't have to administer this site so maybe I'm out of line here. Just don't think he's all that bad.This is the way I am, and this is the way I'll always be...most of the time I'm sleeping, but when you wake me up, I go nuts.

Tiger can't change his stripes...

And EMD posts some truly off-the-wall crap at times and I can't help myself.

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 02:28 PM
This is the way I am, and this is the way I'll always be...most of the time I'm sleeping, but when you wake me up, I go nuts.

"Tiger" :D .

You are a "pussy-cat"...and you know it. IMO...you've treated EMD with kid-gloves at this site.

Track Phantom
01-26-2017, 03:30 PM
This is the way I am, and this is the way I'll always be...most of the time I'm sleeping, but when you wake me up, I go nuts.

I hear you there...on all fronts.

SuperPickle
01-26-2017, 04:00 PM
It sounds to me like you are pulling the numbers out of thin air.

What's your source on telebet and "handle of the older folk?"

I'd be saying the same ****ING THING TO YOU no matter who you wrote it to in this industry.

EVEN GRITS agrees with me that's it's the WORST ****ING LETTER YOU COULD HAVE EVER WRITTEN, assuming you actually hoped for a response.

But keep marginalizing what I have to say because you think I'm a NYRA shill...keep it up EMD...in fact, I encourage you to push the envelope even further...do what the protesters do these days...make up some signs and camp out in front of people's homes... :bang:

What cracks me up about EMD is he always walks away from everything as being the guy who's been wronged.

He sends a guy an email in which he calls him names, questions his ability to do his job and accuses the guy of multiple things all based on assumptions and 3rd party info. His email email reflects no interest in dialogue much like the protesters. The guy ignores the email as any reasonable person would. So EMD posts it on a messageboard, calls him additional names and mocks his compensation. Then under the thread he creates he becomes incredulous that this guy still won't respond to him.

You can't make this up.

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 04:07 PM

IMO...the letter should have been written from your FATHER'S point of view.

You should have pretended to be your FATHER...a life-long horseplayer who -- along with his wife and son -- has spent countless days with his family at the NYRA tracks. And, as your father, you could have listed the son's (your) NYRA account information...to show the "dedication" that the family has shown as NY horseplayers.

Then, still acting as your father, you could have briefly written about the horrific accident that befell your wife...and how your lives have all taken a sudden turn for the worse. How you have been rendered housebound in order to provide proper care for your bedridden wife...and how the NYRA Racing channel had been the only bright ray of sunlight in a long series of otherwise dark days.

And then you could have ended it with something like:

"These are troubled times for our beloved game, Mr. Kay...I know that. The main emphasis seems to be to try and recruit a new wave of young horseplayers...to replace those of us who are slowly being pushed away due to age and infirmity. I understand...but I feel the need to speak out for all of us "old guys" out there...who have been relegated to the background while the "new wave" of horseplayers has been garnering all the "attention". For our entire LIVES, we "old guys" have supported this game...during times when it was less than complimentary to be known as a "horseplayer". And now, in our twilight years...all we ask for is to be able to watch the NYRA races on our TV...as we've been able to do in the past. Is that really too much to ask?"

Now, EMD...would you get a reply from Mr. Kay if you submitted to him something like that? Probably not. But, as they say in gambling...your winning chances would have IMPROVED. Which is all that a gambler can hope for. :ThmbUp:

mountainman
01-26-2017, 04:07 PM
To not reply because the letter had a hostile phrase , or two? In his position, that dude can't afford such a thin skin. Emd's passion and handle merit some response.

I've absorbed insults from LOTS of mnr fans who either visited the studio with an axe to grind, or demanded that I phone them so they could bitch me out.

Granted, I'm miniscule compared to the recipient of EMD'S letter. But to not respond because he got his FEELINGS hurt??? In accordance with what policy? To answer emails from less significant players just because they flattered him or were more polite????????

Incidentally, some of the haters I called back or was polite to in person are now big fans and personal friends of mine. One of them churns 5 million a year and partners with me at Mahoning.

Let me be clear, I am NOT by nature a conciliatory guy, or a man any online troll would dare mess with if encountering me in person. Trust me, on the golf course or a parking lot it would NEVER cross their mind. But in a professional context, I've had to develop a very thick skin. And respond kindly to lots of players who've insulted me.

Hell, EMD used to needle me, but I held my tongue (fingers?), responded reasonably, and we became friends.

AlsoEligible
01-26-2017, 05:18 PM
To not reply because the letter had a hostile phrase , or two?

It's ridiculous to assume that he's not replying because the letter "hurt his feelings". Much more likely that he's ignoring it because it failed to make much of a coherent argument. You vastly underestimate the amount of "omg I can't believe you did this, I bet zillions a year and I'm taking my business elsewhere" rants that people like Chris Kay receive. Sooner or later you get kind of numb to it, especially when that person's facts are way off.

I find it repulsive that you are alienating a client, who, when I start using my other ADW's full time because of your decision, will cost you:

A) $1,000,000 in my personal handle X average takeout of 22%= $220,000
B) My parents handle of $100,000 X average takeout of 17%=$17,000
C) My uncle's handle of $200,000 X average takeout of 20%=$40,000

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but is this suggesting that by playing NYRA tracks through another ADW, NYRA is going to lose takeout on money you put into their pools? Because that's not how this works. It's not how any of this works.

Anyway, back to the TV channel. NYRA made a business decision that the $500k they're spending on standard-def cable was better spent pushing new digital products and HD signals. They didn't just decide to do it on a whim, or because they felt like screwing over EMD's parents for the hell of it.

It's unfortunate that a few people who don't know how to operate a Roku will be left in the dark, but businesses (and society) have to move forward. Horse racing is not the only industry that has to shed old technology, and they really can't afford to be one of the few who don't.

mountainman
01-26-2017, 05:26 PM
It's ridiculous to assume that he's not replying because the letter "hurt his feelings". Much more likely that he's ignoring it because it failed to make much of a coherent argument. You vastly underestimate the amount of "omg I can't believe you did this, I bet zillions a year and I'm taking my business elsewhere" rants that people like Chris Kay receive. Sooner or later you get kind of numb to it, especially when that person's facts are way off.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but is this suggesting that by playing NYRA tracks through another ADW, NYRA is going to lose takeout on money you put into their pools? Because that's not how this works. It's not how any of this works.

Anyway, back to the TV channel. NYRA made a business decision that the $500k they're spending on standard-def cable was better spent pushing new digital products and HD signals. They didn't just decide to do it on a whim, or because they felt like screwing over EMD's parents for the hell of it.

It's unfortunate that a few people who don't know how to operate a Roku will be left in the dark, but businesses (and society) have to move forward. Horse racing is not the only industry that has to shed old technology, and they really can't afford to be one of the few who don't.

I'm not the one who suggested hurt feelings as a the reason for the non-response. And I think that sort of sensitivity would be short-sighted. And I also believe the guy should work some sort of response into his super-busy, email besieged schedule. I assume he has underlings for such tasks??

mountainman
01-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Sooner or later you get kind of numb to it,

Who is "you" ??? You seem to imply considerable experience on your part at fielding customer complaints in the wagering industry.

mountainman
01-26-2017, 05:37 PM

It's "ridiculous" for you to assume I "vastly underestimate" the number of similar complaints the man fields. Unless you can give me some SPECIFIC number. And explain what makes you privy to the info.

threegoldstars
01-26-2017, 06:15 PM
1. You had me at "I have been attending the races with my mother, since 1976."

2. If more people would take action like you, the sport would be doing much better, so for my part, I extend to you a heartfelt "THANK YOU".

3. I used to take action, but I have been worn down by the lack of any response. Sad as it seems, I think they just don't care.

4. You have mentioned a lot that you are disgusted (maybe not the exact word, but I'm paraphrasing) that you didn't receive a response. But let's, for a moment, imagine that you had received a "Sorry, but this was a business decision" type of response. Would it really make you feel any better? Because, really, unless the channel returns, you are going to be dissatisfied. Oh, a response might appease the ego for a day, but in the end, an "I'm sorry" doesn't do anything for you. And truth be told, it's not doing anything for him...because it's not doing anything for you. So, in the end, it doesn't matter if you get a response....except perhaps, as I said, to appease your ego for a day.

5. I wish your folks the best...you are a good son to pay such close attention to them.

SuperPickle
01-26-2017, 06:26 PM
I'm not the one who suggested hurt feelings as a the reason for the non-response. And I think that sort of sensitivity would be short-sighted. And I also believe the guy should work some sort of response into his super-busy, email besieged schedule. I assume he has underlings for such tasks??

Mountainman,

My first front side job was working the customer service desk. I also had the lovely task of opening the "comments" box and replying to those comment cards. The box was frequently filled with various human fluids.

Regardless I replied to anyone who left a contact number.

I can tell you with a reasonable degree of certainty he's not being replied to because it's pointless. The email doesn't ask for calcification. It doesn't ask for dialogue. It doesn't ask for information. It basically accuses of the Guy of everything short of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping.

But here's the primary reason on top of that. It's a threat. Give me what I want. Give me EXACTLY what I want or else. The second someone takes out a handgun and a puppy and says give me my way or the puppy gets it then why respond.

You're coming at this from the perspective he's entitled to a response. Simply put his tone, his language, and his threats show he's not.

Chris Kay's day would be more efficient off muttering to himself in a dark room than engaging EMD on this issue.

NorCalGreg
01-26-2017, 06:32 PM
Any company anywhere in the world knows EXACTLY who the top 1% of it's customers are. Even a dope dealer knows this.

The very idea you would have to introduce yourself--give an account number and make it known to this man you are in fact--one of his most important and exclusive customers--is just as "ridiculous".

Twin Double
01-26-2017, 06:46 PM
It''s fun to try and put a face to each poster. After this thread, I can picture EMD's household. MOM!!!! Wheres the meatloaf!!?? What heck!! You were supposed to tape the 5th at Aqueduct!!!! :lol:

burnsy
01-26-2017, 06:52 PM
1. You had me at "I have been attending the races with my mother, since 1976."

2. If more people would take action like you, the sport would be doing much better, so for my part, I extend to you a heartfelt "THANK YOU".

3. I used to take action, but I have been worn down by the lack of any response. Sad as it seems, I think they just don't care.

4. You have mentioned a lot that you are disgusted (maybe not the exact word, but I'm paraphrasing) that you didn't receive a response. But let's, for a moment, imagine that you had received a "Sorry, but this was a business decision" type of response. Would it really make you feel any better? Because, really, unless the channel returns, you are going to be dissatisfied. Oh, a response might appease the ego for a day, but in the end, an "I'm sorry" doesn't do anything for you. And truth be told, it's not doing anything for him...because it's not doing anything for you. So, in the end, it doesn't matter if you get a response....except perhaps, as I said, to appease your ego for a day.

5. I wish your folks the best...you are a good son to pay such close attention to them.

Well put, and accurate. If its that bad to you, close your accounts and walk away. I don't care if you bet dime supers or thousands.

If people have not caught on yet (like EMD), they (people like Kay) are just like drug dealers with their attitude towards the bettor. Someone mentioned drug dealers know their best customers, they damn sure do, and they are betting the house, the junkie won't quit.

Like you stated, with that attitude why even pick up the phone or send an E-mail. These people will not budge or understand until the well runs dry and they are betting it won't.

That letter he wrote whether its polite, a threat or like a Churchill speech just means "double down" to these folks. I bitch and have done some of these things...........it amounts to tumble weeds in the streets folks. But I'll say this, my handle and time spent on this game has narrowed quite a bit. The day will come when this bites the industry in the ass....Coumo already has an "end around" on the casino money from Aqueduct. The real laugher are the "deniers" , its great they say, no problem they say, it will be fun they say. Those will be the first ones that go into shock when it come tumbling down. Can I get a dime bag please? Lol :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 07:03 PM
To not reply because the letter had a hostile phrase , or two? In his position, that dude can't afford such a thin skin. Emd's passion and handle merit some response.

I've absorbed insults from LOTS of mnr fans who either visited the studio with an axe to grind, or demanded that I phone them so they could bitch me out.

Granted, I'm miniscule compared to the recipient of EMD'S letter. But to not respond because he got his FEELINGS hurt??? In accordance with what policy? To answer emails from less significant players just because they flattered him or were more polite????????

Incidentally, some of the haters I called back or was polite to in person are now big fans and personal friends of mine. One of them churns 5 million a year and partners with me at Mahoning.

Let me be clear, I am NOT by nature a conciliatory guy, or a man any online troll would dare mess with if encountering me in person. Trust me, on the golf course or a parking lot it would NEVER cross their mind. But in a professional context, I've had to develop a very thick skin. And respond kindly to lots of players who've insulted me.

Hell, EMD used to needle me, but I held my tongue (fingers?), responded reasonably, and we became friends.That's fantastic...but EMD is still a nutty little fruitcake at times...a review of his long record will make that plain as day...he's accused everyone of being felons, including owners, trainers and jockeys...every race he loses is due to a felonious attempt of racing chicanery of one sort or another...and every inconvenience is a major tragedy in three acts.

All this, and he still has the time to track Serling's picks...go figure...and he has a full time job where he whines and dines...whines and dines I tells ya...he told us himself... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Any company anywhere in the world knows EXACTLY who the top 1% of it's customers are. Even a dope dealer knows this.

The very idea you would have to introduce yourself--give an account number and make it known to this man you are in fact--one of his most important and exclusive customers--is just as "ridiculous".This might be one of the better points raised thus far...kudos NorCalGreg...

burnsy
01-26-2017, 07:08 PM
That's fantastic...but EMD is still a nutty little fruitcake at times...a review of his long record will make that plain as day...he's accused everyone of being felons, including owners, trainers and jockeys...every race he loses is due to a felonious attempt of racing chicanery of one sort or another...and every inconvenience is a major tragedy in three acts.

All this, and he still has the time to track Serling's picks...go figure...and he has a full time job where he whines and dines...whines and dines...he told us this himself in the letter... :lol:

So, he likes a little "Whine" with his cheese. Nothing wrong with that either :) . I'm just saying if his letter was coherent, thoughtful and well mannered, it still would not amount to a hill of beans. It goes in the "circular file."

Grits
01-26-2017, 07:23 PM
It doesn't ask for dialogue. It doesn't ask for information. It basically accuses of the Guy of everything short of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping.

The Lindbergh baby kidnapping!!! This one is priceless! I'm laughing so hard I can't see straight. EMD is only 40. He may ask....WHO? What baby.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BCOURTNEY
01-26-2017, 07:43 PM
10/10. Would read again.

EasyGoer89
01-26-2017, 08:02 PM

The very idea you would have to introduce yourself--give an account number and make it known to this man you are in fact--one of his most important and exclusive customers--is just as "ridiculous".

If the odds were -110 on both sides that Kay had never heard of EMD and knew nothing of his betting I would bet on he hasn't heard of him. In fact, even after this e mail situation there's still a shot he hasn't even heard of him since we don't know if he ever even read the e mail.

I generally agree with your first comment, companies usually know their best customers, however, this is horse racing, we can't really assume any tracks higher ups know who their customers are by name.

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 08:08 PM
If the odds were -110 on both sides that Kay had never heard of EMD and knew nothing of his betting I would bet on he hasn't heard of him. In fact, even after this e mail situation there's still a shot he hasn't even heard of him since we don't know if he ever even read the e mail.

I generally agree with your first comment, companies usually know their best customers, however, this is horse racing, we can't really assume any tracks higher ups know who their customers are by name.

Even if EMD was standing RIGHT NEXT to Chris Kay as he was betting his one million a year...Kay would have NO IDEA who EMD was, or how much he was betting.

ultracapper
01-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Threats never work. Last thing you want to do. The threatened side can't let any concessions look like they are awarded for being threatened.

Hambletonian
01-26-2017, 09:05 PM
That's fantastic...but EMD is still a nutty little fruitcake at times...a review of his long record will make that plain as day...he's accused everyone of being felons, including owners, trainers and jockeys...every race he loses is due to a felonious attempt of racing chicanery of one sort or another...and every inconvenience is a major tragedy in three acts.

All this, and he still has the time to track Serling's picks...go figure...and he has a full time job where he whines and dines...whines and dines I tells ya...he told us himself... :lol:

I caught that too, and no truer statement of self reflection has ever been typed here :D

If EMD was writing a letter to try and make a case for the TV channel, he did about as bad a job of it as can be done.

What he did successfully was brag about how important he was, and how the recipient was an overpaid hack who did something stupid.

I work in government. A key skill, maybe the most important skill besides expertise in your arena, is the ability to communicate in an effective manner even when you absolutely cannot stand the sight of the incompetent buttwipe you are communicating with. You learn to make key points without making it personal, without crossing the line of decorum, since it is extremely likely you will spend several more decades working with the person in question. You don't let the other person off the hook, but you "enlighten" them in a way that stops short of being overtly directed, keeping on task and concentrating on the issues at hand and not referring to the typical multitude of transgressions that have been committed by the other person that resulted in the situation you are trying to address.

IMO, EMD went low, and his tone virtually guaranteed he would be ignored.
Surprisingly to EMD perhaps, people in positions of power and responsibility don't like being treated like jackwads. who would have thunk it?

So either EMD has impulse control issues, or he was simply trying to show up the guy, which is also why he shared it with all of us, and not trying to effect any change.

foregoforever
01-26-2017, 09:08 PM
Even if EMD was standing RIGHT NEXT to Chris Kay as he was betting his one million a year...Kay would have NO IDEA who EMD was, or how much he was betting.
Tom Noonan: Does Chris Kay know anything about basics of his business? (https://tenoonan.com/2017/01/12/does-chris-kay-know-anything-about-basics-of-his-business/)

But on Tuesday, [Kay] said something indicating that he knows nothing about the fundamentals of that business – which is, of course, horse racing. He described an innovation brought about during his administration – what he referred to as a “book.” Now I realize, like his boss the Governor, he will take credit for almost anything favorable short of the sun rising in the East. What he was describing, however, is the condition book. It’s been in existence for the 20 or so years that I have had interests in horses.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:09 PM
Very simply, I was letting the poor decision maker know, that his poor decision left me with a decision and my decision was to pull almost $300,000 in net profit from NYRA.

How any of you have a problem seeing that, is beyond me but explains a lot of the irrational behavior on this board.

I think most or all of you see that but 75% of you enjoy being schoolground bullies when the numbers are in your favor and you're behind a keyboard.

I'm embarrassed to even interact with many of you.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:11 PM
Tom Noonan: Does Chris Kay know anything about basics of his business? (https://tenoonan.com/2017/01/12/does-chris-kay-know-anything-about-basics-of-his-business/)

Does this "book" contain the "matches"?

You know, the near 5000 "matches" that Ramon won?

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:16 PM

"But Kay was using his innovative “book” as a reason for why he is able to attract more owners to the sport. According to Kay, owners from “Virginia or North Carolina” will now know that a race is going to go on a particular day, so they will plan a trip to Aqueduct [sic] to watch their charge."

OMG, I need to change my underwear :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PA, you were RIGHT! Comedy GOLD is 100000% True :lol: :lol:

Next article hit some scary points:

It appears that the nation’s leading newspaper cannot be counted on to conduct even basic factual reporting when they have the opportunity to take a shot at racing. But where is NYRA? Not only are they running Aqueduct, but should be the leading voice supporting New York racing. Kay purports to be an advocate for the fan experience. He even hired a “Chief Experience Officer,” paying her a salary equal to that of the General Counsel. Neither of them can respond to an attack on their product?

I am not suggesting that there are not issues concerning Aqueduct, some of which are considerably more serious that those alleged by the Times. But if I am running a business, I do not let shoddy journalism go unanswered. Unless, of course, there is a different agenda and the Times‘ hit piece furthers the interests of those wishing to close the track.

THE LAST FEW WORDS ARE WHY I FOUGHT SO HARD TO STOP WHAT'S HAPPENING. I HOPE I AM WRONG. As for most of you, you're too busy trying to impress your brethren by beating up EMD and not looking at what's in front of this.

The closing of NYRA telebet, reduced handle and possibly the major exploitation of land in South Ozone Park, Queens to real estate developers.

I WANT Aqueduct here for the next 40 years. Maybe if some of you stopped having your head up your asses, while you fight in line to look cool slapping ME around, you'd grow some responsibility balls and smell the bulldozer.

SuperPickle
01-26-2017, 09:21 PM
Very simply, I was letting the poor decision maker know, that his poor decision left me with a decision and my decision was to pull almost $300,000 in net profit from NYRA.

How any of you have a problem seeing that, is beyond me but explains a lot of the irrational behavior on this board.

I think most or all of you see that but 75% of you enjoy being schoolground bullies when the numbers are in your favor and you're behind a keyboard.

Man calls other man bunch of names.
Group of other people criticize man's actions.
Man calls critics "schoolyard bullies."

Irony has been defined.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:22 PM
Man calls other man bunch of names.
Group of other people criticize man's actions.
Man calls critics "schoolyard bullies."

Irony has been defined.

All right Pickly man. What name did I call him?

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 09:24 PM

I think many here would say that the feeling is mutual.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:26 PM
I think many here would say that the feeling is mutual.

Are you 1 of them?

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Are you 1 of them?

It depends. Am I one of the "many" that you are "embarrassed to interact with"?

SuperPickle
01-26-2017, 09:32 PM
All right Pickly man. What name did I call him?

Um the thread literally was called "Chris Kay putrid CEO of NYRA." You literally just asked me what name you called him in a thread you started by calling him "putrid."

Not to mention the cute little part where he called his actions "treason" which if my understanding of the definition makes him a traitor." Here's the cute part where you say "I didn't call him a traitor" because that's not the definition of someone who commits treason. Like grammar isn't a thing.

Oh and you spent paragraphs tell him he sucks at his job too.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:36 PM
Let's see, I'm the one who took the time to write. Poorly worded or not or whatever other "complaints" all of YOU have, I took the time to write. To many people.

I took the complaints of others and spoke for them.

I appreciate, I really do, the responses that were constructive, caring and heartfelt.

However, the other responses, you know which ones I'm talking about, are so pathetic, that words can't even TRULY describe them.

NCG throws in his jealous as can be talk of the track always knows their top 1%. PA, agrees with him (chee we forget the days where his contact VIOLATED NYS Privacy Laws by letting him know that I am legit) despite his countless claims to the opposite over 2 years.

Cucumber spews his hatred in rapid fire motion etc etc etc

Yes, Thaskalos, I am embarrassed to interact with many of you.

I thought I was on a passionate horse racing forum. A place where people could unite in favor of the horseplayer.

Some of you sound super miserable, jealous, desensitized and destined to lose. Just listen to your reactions and words.

A TOP CLIENT WROTE A LETTER ABOUT A POOR BUSINESS DECISION and you people act as if I put on an Osama Bin Laden mask and walked around ground zero on 9/11.

I suggest many of you find some other place to spew your misery. It's really unbecoming.

Twin Double
01-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Let's see, I'm the one who took the time to write. Poorly worded or not or whatever other "complaints" all of YOU have, I took the time to write. To many people.

I appreciate, I really do, the responses that were constructive, caring and heartfelt.

However, the other responses, you know which ones I'm talking about, are so pathetic, that words can't even TRULY describe them.

NCG throws in his jealous as can be talk of the track always knows their top 1%. PA, agrees with him (chee we forget the days where his contact VIOLATED NYS Privacy Laws by letting him know that I am legit) despite his countless claims to the opposite over 2 years.

I thought I was on a passionate horse racing forum. A place where people could unite in favor of the horseplayer.

Some of you sound super miserable, jealous, desensitized and destined to lose. Just listen to your reactions and words.

A TOP CLIENT WROTE A LETTER ABOUT A POOR BUSINESS DECISION and you people act as if I put on an Osama Bin Laden mask and walked around ground zero on 9/11.

I suggest many of you find some other place to spew your misery. It's really unbecoming.

I wouldn't take any of that personal. I think everyone's aware of your passion. Some people are probably having lighthearted fun and others are just giving constructive criticism. :)

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Um the thread literally was called "Chris Kay putrid CEO of NYRA." You literally just asked me what name you called him in a thread you started by calling him "putrid."

Not to mention the cute little part where he called his actions "treason" which if my understanding of the definition makes him a traitor." Here's the cute part where you say "I didn't call him a traitor" because that's not the definition of someone who commits treason. Like grammar isn't a thing.

Oh and you spent paragraphs tell him he sucks at his job too.

For the record, I didn't call him a single "name" in my letter. I described what would happen to someone with his performance in a real organization.

Yes, I titled the thread "Putrid" and I think it is 100% well deserved.

Put yourself in my shoes, wait, you never could as you don't sound too empathetic and you wouldn't/couldn't know exactly why I feel that way.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:41 PM
I wouldn't take any of that personal. I think everyone's aware of your passion. Some people are probably having lighthearted fun and others are just giving constructive criticism. :)

You sound like Dahoss on good behavior.

But please :) don't take that too personal. I was just having lighthearted fun and joshing with you ;)

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:43 PM
It depends. Am I one of the "many" that you are "embarrassed to interact with"?

It depends, are you embarrassed to interact with me if I am embarrassed to interact with you ;)

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:46 PM
In case none of you have noticed, I'm purposely acting like YOU to make a point.

Where are the days where the posters on here looked at the post (without looking at the name of the poster) and responded in a heart felt fashion?

Yes, goofing off and well meant joking is awesome.

But this place has really left it's rocker. Too many agendas here and too many "partisan" loyalists (not political....it's an analogy).

Enjoy the continued bashing all, I'm going back to the TLG thread and doing what I love, picking losers :lol:

ReplayRandall
01-26-2017, 09:52 PM

Why is it that your posts remind me of Cincyplayer? Hmmmm...

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:53 PM

One last thought, as I detest stupidity.

OMG, I'm being critiqued by people that have no idea that if you bet a PICK 4 on track or VIA NYRA REWARDS, they make 25% of every dollar I handle AS OPPOSED to 3%-5% of my handle if I bet with an out of state ADW.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

I don't know why I waste my time with some of you.

You should stay Also Eligible my friend.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 09:55 PM

I think it's Dahoss, acting like he's a 2nd profile of Cincyplayer :lol:

Alright Alright I'm done acting like NCG and others. It's unbecoming and it doesn't feel right in my skin.

As for the others: Don't let my absence ruin your fun now, carry on making yourselves feel better by attempting to put down others.

Twin Double
01-26-2017, 09:56 PM

Oh, god. Not this again. Funny thing is I do live in Cincy :)

Twin Double
01-26-2017, 09:59 PM
I think it's Dahoss, acting like he's a 2nd profile of Cincyplayer :lol:

Alright Alright I'm done acting like NCG and others. It's unbecoming and it doesn't feel right in my skin.

As for the others: Don't let my absence ruin your fun now, carry on making yourselves feel better by attempting to put down others.

Funny thing is, is that I was looking into buying 500 copies of his software and giving it away as X-mas presents next year. But not know

SuperPickle
01-26-2017, 09:59 PM
For the record, I didn't call him a single "name" in my letter. I described what would happen to someone with his performance in a real organization.

Yes, I titled the thread "Putrid" and I think it is 100% well deserved.

Put yourself in my shoes, wait, you never could as you don't sound too empathetic and you wouldn't/couldn't know exactly why I feel that way.

As PA said you're behaving like a nut. You didn't get what you wanted and your behaving like child.

Btw... a great part of your email is when you tell the guy your parents don't know how to use the internet. How is that his fault? I'm assuming the world has advanced during their life. How is their decision to stop adopting on him?

If you were alive in the 1920's you'd be writing Henry Ford nasty emails accusing him of treason for inventing the car. "Mr and Mrs END refuse to learn to drive you traitor!!!! Roads are for horses!!!!"

Grow up and take some personal responsibility for the lifestyle of you and your family and stop calling the CEO of a billion dollar company names because he won't base business decisions on how your parents watch tv.

Be a big boy snowflake and stop acting like a loon. Man up, stop crying in the corner and holding your breath till daddy buys you the toy you want. It ain't happening. Solve your own problem like a grown up.

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 10:00 PM

As I said...the feeling is mutual.

Your letter wasn't befitting a man of your age and position. Instead of presenting yourself as a serious customer with a responsible position at a "large financial institution"...you came across as nothing but a petulant child. And, the fact that you felt obligated to share such a letter with the rest of us here proves -- to me at least -- that "logic" and "reason" are foreign topics to you...regardless of how strong your "passion for this game" may be.

Yes...this is a forum where "people unite in favor of the horseplayer". But, when the "horseplayer" loses control of his mental faculties...then the rest of us here are not obligated to follow him to the nut-house.

ReplayRandall
01-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Oh, god. Not this again.

What's wrong there, Guy? CincyHorseplayer and you should have a lot to talk about, however he hasn't posted since Jan. 17th, and your first post started on the 20th.....You would think a fellow 'nati guy would be engaging in conversation with you, at least a PM or two?......Nah, I'm way off base here, never mind.

Twin Double
01-26-2017, 10:04 PM
What's wrong there, Guy? Cincyplayer and you should have a lot to talk about, however he hasn't posted since Jan. 17th, and your first post started on the 20th.....You would think a fellow 'nati guy would be engaging in conversation with you, at least a PM or two?......Nah, I'm way off base here, never mind.

I don't know Cincy player, but I would love to make a contact in my area to talk handicapping.

Twin Double
01-26-2017, 10:06 PM
What's wrong there, Guy? Cincyplayer and you should have a lot to talk about, however he hasn't posted since Jan. 17th, and your first post started on the 20th.....You would think a fellow 'nati guy would be engaging in conversation with you, at least a PM or two?......Nah, I'm way off base here, never mind.

I made my comment because after making one my first threads the first responses I got was telling me I'm delusional and have serious issues. I didn't even know how to respond.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:07 PM
As I said...the feeling is mutual.

Your letter wasn't befitting a man of your age and position. Instead of presenting yourself as a serious customer with a responsible position at a "large financial institution"...you came across as nothing but a petulant child. And, the fact that you felt obligated to share such a letter with the rest of us here proves -- to me at least -- that "logic" and "reason" are foreign topics to you...regardless of how strong your "passion for this game" may be.

Yes...this is a forum where "people unite in favor of the horseplayer". But, when the "horseplayer" loses control of his mental faculties...then the rest of us here are not obligated to follow him to the nut-house.

Alright, I'll bite, this one time.

Yup, you're constant belittlement, attacks at my character, my integrity and constant wise ass remarks are SOLELY because I've lost my mental faculties. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You too are as transparent as a sparkling clean glass door. Halvey nailed it on the head as well. Everyone else is too polite to say it.

You sir, are the most negative, dark cloud negative nelly that I have seen in my 3 years here.

You're comments aren't witty. They're debbie downers. 9/10 of your posts put people's thoughts down, question others and are downright negative.

Here's an excercise for you. Track the % of your posts that are positive, cheery and include laughter.....

Your negativity shines through in all of your posts Thaskalos. Hate to tell you, as I take ZERO PLEASURE IN IT, I really do but it's true.

ReplayRandall
01-26-2017, 10:07 PM
I don't know Cincy player, but I would love to make a contact in my area to talk handicapping.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=6380

ReplayRandall
01-26-2017, 10:11 PM
Alright, I'll bite, this one time.

Yup, you're constant belittlement, attacks at my character, my integrity and constant wise ass remarks are SOLELY because I've lost my mental faculties. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You too are as transparent as a sparkling clean glass door. Halvey nailed it on the head as well. Everyone else is too polite to say it.

You sir, are the most negative, dark cloud negative nelly that I have seen in my 3 years here.

You're comments aren't witty. They're debbie downers. 9/10 of your posts put people's thoughts down, question others and are downright negative.

Here's an excercise for you. Track the % of your posts that are positive, cheery and include laughter.....

Your negativity shines through in all of your posts Thaskalos. Hate to tell you, as I take ZERO PLEASURE IN IT, I really do but it's true.

You've lost your frickin' mind writing this nonsense....What's wrong with you lately?

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:12 PM
You've lost your frickin' mind writing this nonsense....What's wrong with you lately?

Are you kidding???

I suggest you reread your pals posts for the last, I don't know, year.

P.S. and please don't say that I critiqued an innocent soul. For his last 24 personal attacks to me, I've had 1 defensive post in return. His posts are 1 sarcastic negative bitter thought after the other after the other after the other.

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 10:14 PM

Leave him alone. He is on a losing streak at NYRA...and has found himself without a day job. I know how stressful things can get at times...and I make allowances.

mountainman
01-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Mountainman,

My first front side job was working the customer service desk. I also had the lovely task of opening the "comments" box and replying to those comment cards. The box was frequently filled with various human fluids.

Regardless I replied to anyone who left a contact number.

I can tell you with a reasonable degree of certainty he's not being replied to because it's pointless. The email doesn't ask for calcification. It doesn't ask for dialogue. It doesn't ask for information. It basically accuses of the Guy of everything short of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping.

But here's the primary reason on top of that. It's a threat. Give me what I want. Give me EXACTLY what I want or else. The second someone takes out a handgun and a puppy and says give me my way or the puppy gets it then why respond.

You're coming at this from the perspective he's entitled to a response. Simply put his tone, his language, and his threats show he's not.

Chris Kay's day would be more efficient off muttering to himself in a dark room than engaging EMD on this issue.

Since EMD IS a large bettor, it's part of this guy's JOB to engage him. However irate the email. That's why he gets the big bucks. Trust me, I've converted players FAR more hostile than EMD'S missive implies he is.

Some of the emails I've responded politely to make EMD'S look like a LOVE letter. A freakin' love letter.

SuperPickle
01-26-2017, 10:15 PM

A couple years from now a doctor is going publish an entry in the New England Journal of Medicine about a patient who had to be treated because a horse racing channel was cancelled.

NYRA Network Withdrawl Syndrome will be a thing.

FakeNameChanged
01-26-2017, 10:16 PM
EMD, I feel for your house-bound parents losing the ability to watch live racing. Couldn't you get them setup on Roku or a simple computer to stream NY races live?
We had my 89 y.o. dad set up on a computer with internet access, and after several training sessions he was on the thing a couple of hours a day. As a retired ironworker he had ZERO related experience.
May I also ask what type of work you did prior to resigning?

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 10:17 PM
Are you kidding???

P.S. and please don't say that I critiqued an innocent soul. For his last 24 personal attacks to me, I've had 1 defensive post in return. His posts are 1 sarcastic negative bitter thought after the other after the other after the other.

Did I ever claim to be an "innocent soul"? YOU are the only one that I've seen here who emphasizes the "pureness" of his "innocent soul". :lol:

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:17 PM
A couple years from now a doctor is going publish an entry in the New England Journal of Medicine about a patient who had to be treated because a horse racing channel was cancelled.

NYRA Network Withdrawl Syndrome will be a thing.

On cue SuperPickle, actually a bit late :lol: . I was worried about you there for a minute.

And please don't confuse other conversations with me being upset about the channel. The channel is never coming back. We all know that. I know that as well sir.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Did I ever claim to be an "innocent soul"? YOU are the only one that I've seen here who emphasizes the "pureness" of his "innocent soul". :lol:

For the umpteenth time sir. Upon personal attack, I like anyone here or anywhere, took the time to defend my character. How you turn that into some sort of negative, is AMAZING.

But then again, it's your M.O. so no surprise.

ReplayRandall
01-26-2017, 10:21 PM
Are you kidding???

C'mon, Dahoss isn't even posting anymore and now you make Thask the new improved version of Dahoss??......No, I'm not kidding.

mountainman
01-26-2017, 10:23 PM
For the umpteenth time sir. Upon personal attack, I like anyone here or anywhere, took the time to defend my character. How you turn that into some sort of negative, is AMAZING.

Thask is a good man. And so are you. I predict you guys will wind up friends.

SuperPickle
01-26-2017, 10:24 PM
EMD, I feel for your house-bound parents losing the ability to watch live racing. Couldn't you get them setup on Roku or a simple computer to stream NY races live?
We had my 89 y.o. dad set up on a computer, and after several training sessions he was on the thing a couple of hours a day. As a retired ironworker he had ZERO related experience.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

EMD should have to do nothing! His parents shouldn't have to do anything. Roku noooooo!!! EMD will NOT buy the sports package with TVG on it! He will pay no extra money!!!! Noooo!!!

Lucifer Satan Chris Kay has to rehire Jason Blewitt to sit in his parents house, analysis the races on a special feed direct from Aqueduct that shows the warms up and has zero delay.

Those terms are non-negotiatable!!!!!!!!

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:28 PM
We had my 89 y.o. dad set up on a computer with internet access, and after several training sessions he was on the thing a couple of hours a day. As a retired ironworker he had ZERO related experience.

Thank you for the concern.

I was given a ROKU by NYRA. It's wonderful :liar: :rolleyes: . As the horses hit the top of the stretch, I am still trying to place wagers and keep getting this weird message of 'race is closed' as I forget that I am betting from the Atlantic Time Zone into a race run in Eastern Standard Time :lol: :lol: :bang:

In all seriousness, it's 45 seconds in arrears. Plus it has this glorious security feature of shutting the channel off every 4 hours, so If I set it up at 10 am for them, it shuts down the channel by the 3rd or 4th race. They can't get it back on if I am not around.

I was in Banking then tried to switch to a somewhat similar but different field but had to cut it short for various reasons. Right now, my family needs me more than ever and work can wait for a long while.

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 10:31 PM

Does your post #124 qualify to be called a "personal attack" on "me and my integrity"? Should I, as a result, try and "defend my character" against you...by proving to you how "pure" my soul is...and how "honorable" I am as a poster here?

Give the group here a little credit, EMD...all of us here have a pretty good idea about who each one of us is, by judging the bulk of our posts here. You don't have to keep telling us how "pure" your soul is...and I don't have to go out of my way to prove if I am a "negative" or a "positive" person. Truth be told...no one here gives a shit about who we think we are.

mountainman
01-26-2017, 10:31 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

EMD should have to do nothing! His parents shouldn't have to do anything. Roku noooooo!!! EMD will NOT buy the sports package with TVG on it! He will pay no extra money!!!! Noooo!!!

Lucifer Satan Chris Kay has to rehire Jason Blewitt to sit in his parents house, analysis the races on a special feed direct from Aqueduct that shows the warms up and has zero delay.

Those terms are non-negotiatable!!!!!!!!

Funny stuff. For real. I laughed at the Blewitt paragraph. But haven't you guys had your fun? One dude vs the whole board eventually takes on a bad look. Regardless of who is right.

I much respect pace, and it's not my place to suggest a thread gets closed, but...........

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 10:33 PM

I am willing to offer you 1,000-1 odds on that. I would say a million to 1...but I don't have EMD's bankroll. :)

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:34 PM
C'mon, Dahoss isn't even posting anymore and now you make Thask the new improved version of Dahoss??......No, I'm not kidding.

No, I won't go that far RR.

However, I will be extremely direct. I used to adore his posts and personality. After time, I started realizing that his posts are always questioning others, debbie downers, negative, insulting and otherwise.

Not long after that, I forget in which thread, his words came my way. Then it was the TLG thread.

I didn't say a word for probably 3-4 months. Kept smiling and letting him get his sarcastic hidden negativity out. Finally, I've had enough. Just because he's a HOF doesn't mean I can't call it like it is. ESPECIALLY since he's been on a crusade lately to let me know how he feels about me.

I don't care enough to discuss this anymore. Just like I am nothing to Thaskalos, he is nothing to me. However, after dodging his 100th bullet, I think I had the right to finally tell him what I think of him in return.

Final thought, I appreciate your post to me about this but where were you when he threw dart after dart at me over and over and over and over again for months?

Not that I expected you to BUT if you're going to ask me, I think it's fair you ask him as well :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2017, 10:38 PM

Some of the emails I've responded politely to make EMD'S look like a LOVE letter. A freakin' love letter.

You're missing out on a real good time not reading them on-air. I tried with a couple of 'worst-of' love letters from fans, with real sincere sounding reply, and was always great entertainment. :D

mountainman
01-26-2017, 10:40 PM
I am willing to offer you 1,000-1 odds on that. I would say a million to 1...but I don't have EMD's bankroll. :)

How's your bottom line lately, Gus? I lost patience and forced a couple of action bets at Mahoning . And could kick myself for it. I do well when I refuse to bet chalk and wait for value on races I feel strongly about. Any deviation at all, and I sputter.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:42 PM

Don't be so negative :lol: . You never know. We might end up besties. :D

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 10:42 PM
No, I won't go that far RR.

However, I will be extremely direct. I used to adore his posts and personality. After time, I started realizing that his posts are always questioning others, debbie downers, negative, insulting and otherwise.

Not long after that, I forget in which thread, his words came my way. Then it was the TLG thread.

I didn't say a word for probably 3-4 months. Kept smiling and letting him get his sarcastic hidden negativity out. Finally, I've had enough. Just because he's a HOF doesn't mean I can't call it like it is. ESPECIALLY since he's been on a crusade lately to let me know how he feels about me.

I don't care enough to discuss this anymore. Just like I am nothing to Thaskalos, he is nothing to me. However, after dodging his 100th bullet, I think I had the right to finally tell him what I think of him in return.

Final thought, I appreciate your post to me about this but where were you when he threw dart after dart at me over and over and over and over again for months?

Not that I expected you to BUT if you're going to ask me, I think it's fair you ask him as well :ThmbUp:

If you are using me as some form of "therapeutic release"...then, I'm gonna have to CHARGE you.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:46 PM
Does your post #124 qualify to be called a "personal attack" on "me and my integrity"? Should I, as a result, try and "defend my character" against you...by proving to you how "pure" my soul is...and how "honorable" I am as a poster here?

Give the group here a little credit, EMD...all of us here have a pretty good idea about who each one of us is, by judging the bulk of our posts here. You don't have to keep telling us how "pure" your soul is...and I don't have to go out of my way to prove if I am a "negative" or a "positive" person. Truth be told...no one here gives a shit about who we think we are.

Post 124 was the little boy finally punching back the bully teacher (who keeps telling the student: "Stop hitting yourself" as the teacher slaps & punches the student around).

As for the rest of your philosophizing, that may mesmerize the rest of the board but I see right through it sir.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:47 PM
If you are using me as some form of "therapeutic release"...then, I'm gonna have to CHARGE you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was funny! :)

I don't have the bankroll to cover it !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:48 PM

You're a good man mountainman, a damn good man :ThmbUp:

mountainman
01-26-2017, 10:48 PM
You're missing out on a real good time not reading them on-air. I tried with a couple of 'worst-of' love letters from fans, with real sincere sounding reply, and was always great entertainment. :D
Great idea, Jhs...I have lampooned one or two of them on air. There's an old transplanted Pittsburgher now living in Reno who used to call my office phone during races and scream about what an idiot I am...and then when the message space ran out..somehow leave another message and pick up RIGHT where he left off,,I mean in mid-SENTENCE. The messages were pure gold..Oh, GOD I wish I'd have saved them. One time he ranted (during dead of winter) that I needed the flesh HORSEwhipped off my back, and then dragged bleeding (and presumably shirtless) out into the snow. For some reason, I was then to be told "now CRAWL to Beulah Park, where you belong!"

It didn't matter that I'd never even BEEN to Beulah Park. That was just his fantasy.

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 10:49 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was funny! :)

I don't have the bankroll to cover it !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I call you...will you pick up the phone?

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:51 PM

Of Course !

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:54 PM

Did you mean like right now? Or in general? I went to grab the phone and put it on vibrate (from silent), just in case.

Let me know please.

thaskalos
01-26-2017, 10:55 PM
Did you mean like right now? Or in general? I went to grab the phone and put it on vibrate (from silent), just in case.

Let me know please.
In half an hour.

mountainman
01-26-2017, 10:57 PM
In half an hour.

As Eli Wallach said in Godfather 3 (a spotty movie that does have its moments): " Blessed is the peacemaker."

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 10:57 PM
That's cool :ThmbUp:

ReplayRandall
01-26-2017, 10:59 PM

Conspicuous by her absence is your ex-buddy Easygoer AKA SRU.....Where's she been hiding out, and why didn't she defend you?....Must be managing the cheer-leading section at the Clipper's game, I suppose..:faint:

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:02 PM
As Eli Wallach said in Godfather 3 (a spotty movie that does have its moments): " Blessed is the peacemaker."

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: It takes a brave soul to jump in between two others.....

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:05 PM
Conspicuous by her absence is your ex-buddy Easygoer AKA SRU.....Where's she been hiding out, and why didn't she defend you?....Must be managing the cheer-leading section at the Clipper's game, I suppose..:faint:

I'm not looking for anyone to defend me RR. The truth defends me.

I was simply asking you if you're asking both parties the same questions....

johnhannibalsmith
01-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Call collect. That's the only way to know where you stand.

EasyGoer89
01-26-2017, 11:08 PM

Wow.

I think I'm going to start a thread 'top 10
Posts of 2017 at PA'

This is in there LOL

EasyGoer89
01-26-2017, 11:09 PM

You think there might be a bias tomorrow at aqueduct?

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:12 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was truly AWESOME :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplayRandall
01-26-2017, 11:16 PM
You think there might be a bias tomorrow at aqueduct?
Maybe CJ will end your presence in this thread as well.....You're not on my X-mas card list, if you haven't figured that out by now SRU.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:18 PM
Maybe CJ will end your presence in this thread as well.....You're not on my X-mas card list, if you haven't figured that out by now SRU.

I don't think Mountainman will be playing peacemaker in this one so may I jump in and say:

Who knows, maybe the 2 err 3 of you will end up being besties? :)

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 11:20 PM

I'm embarrassed to even interact with many of you.Maybe poor decision for you and some others, but obviously not a poor decision for NYRA, based on the fact that have the real numbers, and until you prove otherwise, you are pulling your numbers out of thin air.

EasyGoer89
01-26-2017, 11:20 PM

Westbrook scored 45 tonight, hope you watched!

ReplayRandall
01-26-2017, 11:23 PM
I don't think Mountainman will be playing peacemaker in this one so may I jump in and say:

Who knows, maybe the 2 err 3 of you will end up being besties? :)
You're in a downward SPIRAL, and if you're not careful, you're going to crash and burn......Bankroll and all.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 11:23 PM
Some of you sound super miserable, jealous, desensitized and destined to lose. Just listen to your reactions and words. Funny, that's how I see you. You must be getting your ass reamed at the windows lately...that's the only explanation for this...the only explanation.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 11:26 PM
You've lost your frickin' mind writing this nonsense....What's wrong with you lately?He's picking too many losers.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:27 PM
Maybe poor decision for you and some others, but obviously not a poor decision for NYRA, based on the fact that have the real numbers, and until you prove otherwise, you are pulling your numbers out of thin air.

I broke down how much they would lose just by upsetting me. Close to $300,000. You want to know what's really sad??? Most of the big bettors I sit next to AT NYRA use a foreign ADW and sit in the VIP room.....

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that there are many older players who will play less now. Their gambling will be limited to when they get on track. (Those who can't use the internet).

I don't see how you can't see the numbers, I broke them down for Mr. Kay and others (my numbers).

I also utilized telebet numbers from their report in 2011. (NYRA's).

If I can't get the numbers maybe you know someone who works at NYRA, who could help me track this in 2017?

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 11:28 PM
Lucifer Satan Chris Kay has to rehire Jason Blewitt to sit in his parents house, analysis the races on a special feed direct from Aqueduct that shows the warms up and has zero delay.Now THAT'S funny! :lol:

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:30 PM
You're in a downward SPIRAL, and if you're not careful, you're going to crash and burn......Bankroll and all.

Just because you and others don't like what I say/how I say/who I say it to etc. doesn't mean that you all of a sudden became genius psychologists/card readers who can assess if a person is winning or losing AND then stating that my supposed behavior is because of that winning/losing.

That's so far fetched I can't even explain.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 11:31 PM
In all seriousness, it's 45 seconds in arrears. Plus it has this glorious security feature of shutting the channel off every 4 hours, so If I set it up at 10 am for them, it shuts down the channel by the 3rd or 4th race. They can't get it back on if I am not around.I say this with peace and love.

Either you're the worst Roku teacher in existence, or you might seriously consider hiring someone to care for your parents when you aren't around.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:31 PM
He's picking too many losers.

Does this mean TLG is in a downward spiral and spewing nonsense as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on, you know that was funny :D If A then B right PA? :D

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:32 PM
I say this with peace and love.

Either you're the worst Roku teacher in existence, or you might seriously consider hiring someone to care for your parents when you aren't around.

I think it's a "sleep feature" of some sort but it doesn't give you the option to say "Hey yes, I'm awake and watching" like the Cable system does.

It's very annoying.

Track Phantom
01-26-2017, 11:33 PM
This is a bizarre thread.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:34 PM
Funny, that's how I see you. You must be getting your ass reamed at the windows lately...that's the only explanation for this...the only explanation.

No, it can't be the simple truth right? No, no way.

That's so ironic by the way. Win or lose, I don't let it effect my mood or life. Then I get people like you, who don't know me from a hole in a wall, telling me winning or losing causes my mood. This is just insane.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 11:35 PM
If I can't get the numbers maybe you know someone who works at NYRA, who could help me track this in 2017?I know many people at NYRA...but helping you is beyond even Jesus.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 11:36 PM
Not as bizarre as I had feared though...just more of the same BS.

HalvOnHorseracing
01-26-2017, 11:38 PM
I work in government. A key skill, maybe the most important skill besides expertise in your arena, is the ability to communicate in an effective manner even when you absolutely cannot stand the sight of the incompetent buttwipe you are communicating with. You learn to make key points without making it personal, without crossing the line of decorum, since it is extremely likely you will spend several more decades working with the person in question. You don't let the other person off the hook, but you "enlighten" them in a way that stops short of being overtly directed, keeping on task and concentrating on the issues at hand and not referring to the typical multitude of transgressions that have been committed by the other person that resulted in the situation you are trying to address.

I could have used your help over in the hiring freeze thread.

EMD4ME
01-26-2017, 11:38 PM
This is a bizarre thread.

Should've named it BASH EMD so I feel better thread.

I screwed up :)

In all seriousness, I will say the following:

I've learned in the past 6 months that you can not critique NYRA or anyone affiliated with NYRA on this site for any reason ever.

I've also learned that is ok for NYRA employees and others like Nick Tammaro on twitter to say: When riders new to the colony win their first race in NY it's usually in wire to wire fashion cause they haven't gotten the script yet.

But I cant say that....

joeyspicks
01-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Hahahahahahah,

Funniest Damn post I've read in years. I used to post many years ago and made the statement......im a "winning" (profitable) player and it was met with much disbelief. I made no claim of how much....etc, etc,etc. But trust me it was modest compared this Alice in wonderland stuff.

Funny stuff, thanks :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 11:39 PM
But I cant say that....Except you say it all the time. Like I said, you're a nutty fruitcake.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2017, 11:41 PM
I've learned in the past 6 months that you can not critique NYRA or anyone affiliated with NYRA on this site for any reason ever. In all seriousness, when have you EVER been stopped?

Keep it up, and you'll know what it really feels like to not be able to critique anything around here.

ReplayRandall
01-26-2017, 11:50 PM
Just because you and others don't like what I say/how I say/who I say it to etc. doesn't mean that you all of a sudden became genius psychologists/card readers who can assess if a person is winning or losing AND then stating that my supposed behavior is because of that winning/losing.

That's so far fetched I can't even explain.
Do you really think you've got me fooled?? Now who's the fool, ALL of us or YOU? I've been around the block many, many more times in all aspects of gambling then you'll ever experience, should you live that long.

I've made the mistake of stating ONE time how much I bet on a sports event, and got nothing but crap from a number of posters. I realized at that moment to never post any wager sizes again on this board. Bottom-line, with out mentioning numbers, I bet more than you, and win more than you. I've also experienced devastating losses and losing streaks that dwarf yours. But that's the nature of the beast of which I battle with on a DAILY basis, and I've been able to hold an edge for many years now, it NEVER gets any easier. Someday, you'll actually know what depth of truth I'm talking about....You've merely scratched the prickly surface of what it truly takes to persevere in the gambling arena....Much more to come, if you don't crash and burn.

SuperPickle
01-26-2017, 11:57 PM
Not as bizarre as I had feared though...just more of the same BS.

I mean you've got to understand why PA is kinda worked up here. EMD has made over 50 posts on this topic on numerous threads including some he created.

I can feel PA's frustration.

The fascinating part is literally no one else is worked up about this. Not one other poster is dying on the Chris Kay/NYRA Network hill with EMD. Every other poster is just like "I'll watch the races somewhere else."

Its EMD versus the world.

HalvOnHorseracing
01-26-2017, 11:59 PM

Well two things. One, how did I wind up in the middle of this? I actually avoided an opinion here, although anyone with any sense would have asked for my opinion on the length of the letter. If anyone knows too long it's me.

Two. I'm not sure this is worth an award, but apparently being the least polite person on the board deserves some special recognition. Actually, I'm not sure what I said to whom, but I would fess up to occasionally speaking my mind.

PaceAdvantage
01-27-2017, 12:07 AM
I mean you've got to understand why PA is kinda worked up here. EMD has made over 50 posts on this topic on numerous threads including some he created.

I can feel PA's frustration.

The fascinating part is literally no one else is worked up about this. Not one other poster is dying on the Chris Kay/NYRA Network hill with EMD. Every other poster is just like "I'll watch the races somewhere else."

Its EMD versus the world.But....but....but...he sees things nobody else does. He sees chicanery and felony behind every other ride (the ones he loses, especially). He sees criminals behind the photo finish. He sees wealthy owners paying off other wealthy owners to bow out of Breeders' Cup races.

He is a seer. And you are an unwashed mass. A rube. A rube who doesn't see what a gift EMD is to us...the measly $2 bettor....he's here to save us all!

Just wait until PA puts EMD up on the crucifix and EMD gets to die for the ignorant, unwashed $2 bettor's sins. Then you'll see. Then you'll see that the savior was right beside you all along...

EMD is the messiah of horseplayers everywhere...look how you persecute him! :lol:

Grits
01-27-2017, 12:18 AM
Since just after 9:00pm, EMD, you've posted, adding more and more pages to this train wreck you're experiencing. I've got a feeling that at some point you're gonna to come back, read all your comments, including your letter...and you're going to feel regret. Reading the opinion of others that don't agree with you? That's part of the deal here. But you'll regret all of it.

You speak of your parents as if they are 100 years old. My mom is 86 and she wakes every morning to read three newspapers, two of which are the NYT and the WAPO along with our state paper. She's all over her laptop everyday.

In this particular instance though, maybe it's the mother in me, but I'm glad that your parents are not computer savvy. I wouldn't want them to read any of this. Not a word of it.

You've put yourself in a really dim place in the last 24 hours.

titans1127
01-27-2017, 12:35 AM
How is this thread not closed already!?

MNslappy
01-27-2017, 01:05 AM
How is this thread not closed already!?

Closed?
CLOSED?

I'm about to go pop my second bag of popcorn.

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/f6248cea19413690e9c8cf96b5a75f2c84033bf7a555f80304 e4b908c4ddff44.gif

EMD4ME
01-27-2017, 02:07 AM
Thaskalos, thank you very much for the phone call. It was a pleasure :ThmbUp:

I just wish you didn't call me collect :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
01-27-2017, 02:10 AM
Except you say it all the time. Like I said, you're a nutty fruitcake.

I'm not a fruitcake! Nutty, yes! But not a fruitcake :lol:

Not that there's anything wrong with being a fruitcake :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
01-27-2017, 02:12 AM
In all seriousness, when have you EVER been stopped?

Keep it up, and you'll know what it really feels like to not be able to critique anything around here.

I understand your message :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
01-27-2017, 02:17 AM
Do you really think you've got me fooled?? Now who's the fool, ALL of us or YOU? I've been around the block many, many more times in all aspects of gambling then you'll ever experience, should you live that long.

I've made the mistake of stating ONE time how much I bet on a sports event, and got nothing but crap from a number of posters. I realized at that moment to never post any wager sizes again on this board. Bottom-line, with out mentioning numbers, I bet more than you, and win more than you. I've also experienced devastating losses and losing streaks that dwarf yours. But that's the nature of the beast of which I battle with on a DAILY basis, and I've been able to hold an edge for many years now, it NEVER gets any easier. Someday, you'll actually know what depth of truth I'm talking about....You've merely scratched the prickly surface of what it truly takes to persevere in the gambling arena....Much more to come, if you don't crash and burn.

RR, you know I truly respect you as a person AND as a pro. No buts. I'm just making it clear, that what you or others perceive is NOT the case. My wagering has nothing to ever to do with my posting.

I go apeshit when I see a "questionable ride". I go apeshit when a channel is cut off. I go apeshit when a track is closed (Belmont 2013 during the SPA meet) but I NEVER GO APESHIT with my posting on here when I lose a wager.

I've been through so much in my wagering life, maybe not dollar for dollar like you but I am cool as a Super Pickle and methodical even in the worst of losing streaks.

I hope one day, you will believe that. If you don't, what can I say....

EMD4ME
01-27-2017, 02:19 AM
But....but....but...he sees things nobody else does. He sees chicanery and felony behind every other ride (the ones he loses, especially). He sees criminals behind the photo finish. He sees wealthy owners paying off other wealthy owners to bow out of Breeders' Cup races.

He is a seer. And you are an unwashed mass. A rube. A rube who doesn't see what a gift EMD is to us...the measly $2 bettor....he's here to save us all!

Just wait until PA puts EMD up on the crucifix and EMD gets to die for the ignorant, unwashed $2 bettor's sins. Then you'll see. Then you'll see that the savior was right beside you all along...

EMD is the messiah of horseplayers everywhere...look how you persecute him! :lol:

Do you two maybe want to be alone ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm getting a bit tired wiping off the fog from my screen! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
01-27-2017, 02:22 AM
Since just after 9:00pm, EMD, you've posted, adding more and more pages to this train wreck you're experiencing. I've got a feeling that at some point you're gonna to come back, read all your comments, including your letter...and you're going to feel regret. Reading the opinion of others that don't agree with you? That's part of the deal here. But you'll regret all of it.

You speak of your parents as if they are 100 years old. My mom is 86 and she wakes every morning to read three newspapers, two of which are the NYT and the WAPO along with our state paper. She's all over her laptop everyday.

In this particular instance though, maybe it's the mother in me, but I'm glad that your parents are not computer savvy. I wouldn't want them to read any of this. Not a word of it.

You've put yourself in a really dim place in the last 24 hours.

My mother lost her ability to ever read again as a repurcussion of being hit by the son of a bitch, so no, I can't relate.

I appreciate the attempt though.

No, I won't have any regrets. See, PA, doesn't know this but in 2 very important occassions, me coming on here, has helped solve two issues that clients had on track at NYRA. They read this stuff. Hello NYRA (waving hand :) )

EMD4ME
01-27-2017, 02:23 AM
Closed?
CLOSED?

I'm about to go pop my second bag of popcorn.

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/f6248cea19413690e9c8cf96b5a75f2c84033bf7a555f80304 e4b908c4ddff44.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're welcome ;)

P.A. When do I start sharing in net revenue? Just kidding.......I know I know...you're thinking I should pay you to post here. We can arrange for that as well.

lamboguy
01-27-2017, 06:17 AM

You've put yourself in a really dim place in the last 24 hours.that;s beautiful about your mom. just yesterday i was watching CBS news and they interviewed Dick Van Dyke, now at the young age of 91. they asked him how he looks and sounds so great. he told them he keeps moving around.

ronsmac
01-27-2017, 12:41 PM
How is this thread not closed already!?Why close it? This is great entertainment. No one has to read the thread.

thaskalos
01-27-2017, 01:08 PM
that;s beautiful about your mom. just yesterday i was watching CBS news and they interviewed Dick Van Dyke, now at the young age of 91. they asked him how he looks and sounds so great. he told them he keeps moving around.

Dick Van Dyke was probably pitching his new book. :ThmbUp:

https://www.amazon.com/Keep-Moving-Other-Truths-About-ebook/dp/B012271LKG/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

proximity
01-27-2017, 01:31 PM
Why close it? This is great entertainment. No one has to read the thread.

last night in the mountainview at penn national (ironically just inches from the very spot in the universe where EMD used to impress the hell outta fred lipkin) i heard one guy ask another guy if he thinks chris kay will restart the nyra channel!!!!!! :faint: :faint: :faint:

Track Phantom
01-27-2017, 01:37 PM
EMD - For what it's worth, I think you're a good guy. Harmless, self ingratiating and, at times, insightful, at other times, a tad desperate. None of this matters to me.

Like I've said many times, I'm cool with anyone who has made this game a serious passion and has invested many hours and dollars into it. I'm sure many others on here agree with that.

But your letter was a dumpster fire. It's poster board material. Stick with what you do best, breaking down races. You're good at that.

caper
01-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Just regarding your concern for your parents. I'm pretty sure that with the money you have you can get some techie guy in and set up something on your parents tv where it would be very easy for them to watch the races. I know I have no problem getting a race on TV. I understand seniors and computers. But surely they could navigate a mouse click or two.

johnhannibalsmith
01-27-2017, 02:04 PM
Hell, if I still lived in the area, I'd stay there all day and run the Roku for them for the rock-bottom price of 1% of daily handle.

EMD4ME
01-27-2017, 03:39 PM
Hello gang :)

JHB, can you move back :) ?

caper-thank you for the concern :ThmbUp:

Track Phantom-thanks man :ThmbUp:

Proximity-those were frieken good ol days. 2002 nice dinner at the finish line (top table right before the top of the stairway). I STILL miss that brownie ice cream Penn National special dessert, sigh......

I used to love sitting 1 seat higher than Fred. That was fun :ThmbUp:

joeyspicks
01-27-2017, 06:50 PM
Way too much time on your hands...... my bet is you're picking up tickets off the floor somewhere :eek:

It would make a terrific Seinfeld episode.

"His mudder was a mudder :lol: :lol:

One serious question though: Why in God's name would you spend so much time pretending to be something you're not?

ultracapper
01-27-2017, 07:20 PM
There's some serious smelling BS in this thread. Wow!! EMD is a solid in my book, even though, and I'm not piling on here, his letter to the NYRA probably should have been one of those "count to ten" before you jump moments. But some of the other posts (posters)................man.

Years ago, in a different forum, I once posted, "There's no sense in trying to BS gamblers because gamblers are all BSers."

We all know what stinks and what doesn't.

NorCalGreg
01-27-2017, 08:00 PM
There's some serious smelling BS in this thread. Wow!! EMD is a solid in my book, even though, and I'm not piling on here, his letter to the NYRA probably should have been one of those "count to ten" before you jump moments. But some of the other posts (posters)................man.

Years ago, in a different forum, I once posted, "There's no sense in trying to BS gamblers because gamblers are all BSers."

We all know what stinks and what doesn't.

I don't think "we all" do, uc. Closer to 90% in my estimation.

westny
01-28-2017, 09:23 AM
. When I arrived at aqueduct over the pass two weekends, the talking horses pre race handicapping show before each race card is a total joke 100% bland . no life at all

Yup. Monotonous, "down the line" prattle :(

My guess is that NYRA uses "per diem" rotation of handicapping pals of Serling.
No salaries, no benefits.."consultants". Serling is likely a "nyra contractor as well.

What can be expected from a suit like Kay...an ex-Toys R Us "exec" who cooled his heels as some public park exec until he could pander to NY politicos who run NYRA, for a job.

EMD4ME
02-07-2017, 06:52 PM
So today, my NYC uncle visited my mother and my mother said please put the horsie channel on. My uncle reminded her that the horsie channel is gone.

They complained about it for a bit and my uncle said: I haven't made a single wager on a horse race since Dec 31st. Not in protest but because I work 5 days a week. I used to bet on my 2 days off and on evenings. Now, there is no OTB and no NYRA channel, so it's impossible.

Way to go NYRA. $25,000 a quarter (1/4 of a year) better gone from your books. He will go on track 4 times a month when Belmont runs but that's about it.

On track, feedback has been similar. Inner city older folks are bitching about out of sight, out of mind. No TV channel, no OTB, no internet capability, no betting.

NYRA, if you read this (and assuming you're NOT TRYING to cannibalize the product-which I think you are), WAKE UP.

MonmouthParkJoe
02-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Any response to your email?

Robert Fischer
02-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Chris Kay 6-star CEO gets raving reviews

EMD4ME
02-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Any response to your email?

Nope and on track, a couple of NYRA employees asked me to write to the board of directors. I'll get around to a new letter to them, in due time.

No one is going to kill the game I love, without me doing everything I can to stop it. Not even Cuomo. I wasn't kidding when I said I'm writing to Trump.

Y'all can insert your jokes and mock my letter (which was obviously a venting session and letting him know that you can't screw us without someone bitching to you about it) BUT at least I did and I am doing something about it.

And if I hear one more annoying Long Islander tell me that his/her channel is still on, I'm going to stick some vaseline on their wagering pad :lol: (I don't believe in violence unless it's self life defense)

EMD4ME
02-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Chris Kay 6-star CEO gets raving reviews

Very personable engaging and fan friendly too :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I wish I had the honor of watching "matches" with such a racing fan

Hambletonian
02-07-2017, 07:47 PM
Holy jeebus, you still going on about this, EMD4ME?

Remember, stop digging when you hit China!

I would have thought your arms would be too tired to type with all the patting yourself on the back you have been engaged in during this thread.

EMD4ME
02-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Holy jeebus, you still going on about this, EMD4ME?

Remember, stop digging when you hit China!

I would have thought your arms would be too tired to type with all the patting yourself on the back you have been engaged in during this thread.

Patting myself on my back? Did you even read this thread? Non stop bashing and smacks on my head. I'm defending myself for those that can't see that.

And yes damn it. I will speak about this till I think no one uses the NYRA channel to handle on NYRA and non NYRA races (remember-this drives non NYRA handle on simulcast races which is hugely profitable for NYRA).

I never get tired of fighting for what's 100% right.

NTamm1215
02-07-2017, 08:24 PM
Just a few numbers for everyone...

On-track handle, and overall handle is basically even with 2016 when you align the dates properly and break it out to daily handle to account for cancellations.

Handle last weekend was up almost 15% on Saturday and 10% on Sunday.

EMD4ME
02-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Just a few numbers for everyone...

On-track handle, and overall handle is basically even with 2016 when you align the dates properly and break it out to daily handle to account for cancellations.

Handle last weekend was up almost 15% on Saturday and 10% on Sunday.

I can appreciate that Mr. Tammaro.

How is handle on non nyra tracks? (Via NYRA rewards players-not NYRA bets, which is nationwide).

I would expect on track handle to go UP with no NYRA channel in the city and wouldn't call near even a success.

Is there any way to track (wagers on NYRA races) handle that has left NYRA rewards/NYRA bets (on NYRA races) that has now gone to a competing ADW?

Do you mind breaking down these numbers and not generalizing?

Finally, this is the best winter I've seen in NY in years. How do you account for weather (16 VS. 17)?

I hope you are dead right and I am dead wrong. I bitch because 1) I was personally impacted and know many who have been as well 2) I love this game and want it to do as best as it can.

LottaKash
02-07-2017, 10:12 PM
On track, feedback has been similar. Inner city older folks are bitching about out of sight, out of mind. No TV channel, no OTB, no internet capability, no betting.

NYRA, if you read this (and assuming you're NOT TRYING to cannibalize the product-which I think you are), WAKE UP.

If I was in your place EMD, I would feel exactly the way you do....

I don't get it at all...It's as if they don't need you anymore...My sympathies.

Rise Over Run
02-07-2017, 11:17 PM
They complained about it for a bit and my uncle said: I haven't made a single wager on a horse race since Dec 31st. Not in protest but because I work 5 days a week. I used to bet on my 2 days off and on evenings. Now, there is no OTB and no NYRA channel, so it's impossible.

Way to go NYRA. $25,000 a quarter (1/4 of a year) better gone from your books. He will go on track 4 times a month when Belmont runs but that's about it.

LOL. Guy that bet $100k per year suddenly went cold turkey because TV channel wasn't available. You can't make this stuff up.... Or maybe you can....

EMD4ME
02-07-2017, 11:28 PM
LOL. Guy that bet $100k per year suddenly went cold turkey because TV channel wasn't available. You can't make this stuff up.... Or maybe you can....

Very easy when your 70 plus years old and don't use the internet.

Second, don't you accusers (of lying) get tired of simply screaming: liar!? Just because in your myopic world, you can't grasp/believe things doesn't mean they are not 100% true.

NorCalGreg
02-08-2017, 12:01 AM
Here's how to get some action...have Uncle Leo call him an anti-Semite.

NTamm1215
02-08-2017, 10:40 AM
I can appreciate that Mr. Tammaro.

How is handle on non nyra tracks? (Via NYRA rewards players-not NYRA bets, which is nationwide).

I would expect on track handle to go UP with no NYRA channel in the city and wouldn't call near even a success.

Is there any way to track (wagers on NYRA races) handle that has left NYRA rewards/NYRA bets (on NYRA races) that has now gone to a competing ADW?

Do you mind breaking down these numbers and not generalizing?

Finally, this is the best winter I've seen in NY in years. How do you account for weather (16 VS. 17)?

I hope you are dead right and I am dead wrong. I bitch because 1) I was personally impacted and know many who have been as well 2) I love this game and want it to do as best as it can.

Unfortunately, I am not privy to that info. It would be interesting to find out though. I would bet that any decreases are negligible, simply because the people who were betting will continue to do so even if they have to change the way they watch races. I know that's an opinion most often propagated by executives, which I am not. However, there will certainly be exceptions.

EMD4ME
02-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately, I am not privy to that info. It would be interesting to find out though. I would bet that any decreases are negligible, simply because the people who were betting will continue to do so even if they have to change the way they watch races. I know that's an opinion most often propagated by executives, which I am not. However, there will certainly be exceptions.

Thank you. You know what irks me the most? That there was no need to eliminate a distribution channel that mostly impacts the hardcore average (average age must 65 or higher) diehard player.

You can improve other distribution channels AND maintain the existing "outdated" ones.

This game can't affort one additional player to leave.

Endearus
02-09-2017, 12:23 AM
So today, my NYC uncle visited my mother and my mother said please put the horsie channel on. My uncle reminded her that the horsie channel is gone.

Let me get this straight. You are a major contributor to the pools, but cannot afford a subscription to cable or direct tv or channel TVG or their competitor? I miss in NYC channel 1994. But have access to watch each race I bet on via NYRA or Twinspires. What am I missing? Have to go over nyra to nysgccm.

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 06:42 AM
Let me get this straight. You are a major contributor to the pools, but cannot afford a subscription to cable or direct tv or channel TVG or their competitor? I miss in NYC channel 1994. But have access to watch each race I bet on via NYRA or Twinspires. What am I missing? Have to go over nyra to nysgccm.

With all due respect, you're missing a lot, like the entire picture.

Please reread earlier posts.

Fager Fan
02-09-2017, 08:23 AM
What a thread.

Of all the posts, the second one hit the nail on the head, and succinctly. I stopped reading the letter to Kay after about the third paragraph. If you want to make a point, then you do it like Post 2: succinctly.

I've read all the posts and the answer to this question isn't in there: why does someone need this NYRA racing channel to bet? Or watch the races to pull for her son's bets? If she refuses to use a computer, and doesn't go to the track, then she can't expect to be able to bet. But to watch the races? Why not simply get TVG on her cable package?

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 08:41 AM
What a thread.

Of all the posts, the second one hit the nail on the head, and succinctly. I stopped reading the letter to Kay after about the third paragraph. If you want to make a point, then you do it like Post 2: succinctly.

I've read all the posts and the answer to this question isn't in there: why does someone need this NYRA racing channel to bet? Or watch the races to pull for her son's bets? If she refuses to use a computer, and doesn't go to the track, then she can't expect to be able to bet. But to watch the races? Why not simply get TVG on her cable package?

I can't get more vivid. Office space. HUGE HDTV monitor in front of me (DRF Formulator on it, TFUS PPS and access to replays). Off to the right of the monitor in the background IS A LIVE NYRA CHANNEL that allows me to see how the horses are warming up, odds etc. I don't need to toggle back and forth and waste VALUABLE time.

Answer #1: A decent sized player, LIKES IT. It's that simple.

The NYRA channel had 4 tracks showing when NYRA wasn't on. It was a convenient way to seduce you into betting. Come home, put on the horse channel. It's what many people have done for many years. You see a 1/9 or hear a paddock prattle, get interested and sign on to your laptop to view PPS or look at your OTB book. Maybe call in a phone wager or bet on line. Those seductions are now gone. Out of sight, out of mind.

Answer #2: It creates HANDLE.

Literally yesterday, I took a walk for coffee. Bumped into 3 OTB guys. We chit chatted and talked. Older men. 72, 60 and 70 ish. They said OTB is gone. Now the channel is gone. Unless they go on track, they now go to an illegal OTB house and 1 of the guys streams the races to a TV.

Answer#3: Older people WHO CAN'T BE HEARD, due to a lack of tech saviness, are not betting like they used to. I SEE AND TALK TO MORE AND MORE OF THEM EVERY WEEK.

Way to go NYRA :bang: :bang: :bang: You just pushed these guy's handle to illegal bookmakers.

Answer #4: IT'S NEW YORK FRIEKEN CITY!!! 10,000,000 people. Access to a portion of that. Why cut it off?

I have the perfect solution but no one at NYRA cares to listen.

Pay the $500,000 to Spectrum and ask each NYRA rewards member to lower their rebate by $5-$10-$15 a month to offset cost.

God forbid NYRA management gave out a survey, mailed one out, asked on track etc.

Nope, they just cut the channel in NY and left it on in upstate NY and Long Island.

How any 1 of you, call yourselves a lover of this game is BEYOND ME. How any 1 of you, can be ok with racing losing exposure in the BIGGEST MARKET IN THE COUNTRY, shows that YOU are just not a true racing fan and don't care about the health of the game.

thaskalos
02-09-2017, 09:03 AM
How any 1 of you, call yourselves a lover of this game is BEYOND ME. How any 1 of you, can be ok with racing losing exposure in the BIGGEST MARKET IN THE COUNTRY, shows that YOU are just not a true racing fan and don't care about the health of the game.

Couldn't this argument be just as valid when made in REVERSE? Couldn't we also say that the "true racing fan who cares about the health of the game" should be willing to indure a little "inconvenience" in order to indulge in his supposed "passion"? You don't show your "love" for the game when you demand that everything be just HANDED to you. IMO...when you "really love the game"...then you make adjustments, and you keep playing. Even when you are 70 years old.

Fager Fan
02-09-2017, 09:11 AM
I can't get more vivid. Office space. HUGE HDTV monitor in front of me (DRF Formulator on it, TFUS PPS and access to replays). Off to the right of the monitor in the background IS A LIVE NYRA CHANNEL that allows me to see how the horses are warming up, odds etc. I don't need to toggle back and forth and waste VALUABLE time.

Answer #1: A decent sized player, LIKES IT. It's that simple.

The NYRA channel had 4 tracks showing when NYRA wasn't on. It was a convenient way to seduce you into betting. Come home, put on the horse channel. It's what many people have done for many years. You see a 1/9 or hear a paddock prattle, get interested and sign on to your laptop to view PPS or look at your OTB book. Maybe call in a phone wager or bet on line. Those seductions are now gone. Out of sight, out of mind.

Answer #2: It creates HANDLE.

Literally yesterday, I took a walk for coffee. Bumped into 3 OTB guys. We chit chatted and talked. Older men. 72, 60 and 70 ish. They said OTB is gone. Now the channel is gone. Unless they go on track, they now go to an illegal OTB house and 1 of the guys streams the races to a TV.

Answer#3: Older people WHO CAN'T BE HEARD, due to a lack of tech saviness, are not betting like they used to. I SEE AND TALK TO MORE AND MORE OF THEM EVERY WEEK.

Way to go NYRA :bang: :bang: :bang: You just pushed these guy's handle to illegal bookmakers.

Answer #4: IT'S NEW YORK FRIEKEN CITY!!! 10,000,000 people. Access to a portion of that. Why cut it off?

I have the perfect solution but no one at NYRA cares to listen.

Pay the $500,000 to Spectrum and ask each NYRA rewards member to lower their rebate by $5-$10-$15 a month to offset cost.

God forbid NYRA management gave out a survey, mailed one out, asked on track etc.

Nope, they just cut the channel in NY and left it on in upstate NY and Long Island.

You didn't answer my question: Why not just get TVG? Maybe it's not 24/7 NYRA, but it shows many more races and tracks from across the country as well to whet your appetite.

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 09:16 AM
You didn't answer my question: Why not just get TVG? Maybe it's not 24/7 NYRA, but it shows many more races and tracks from across the country as well to whet your appetite.

I already answered that, maybe in a different thread so I don't mind answering again. I called Spectrum. The rep said she got a lot of calls that morning about TVG but I could only get it if I sign up for their gold package, which includes HBO, Showtime, etc etc etc. It was another $35-$50 or something.

I already pay $180 a month for cable. No way I'm paying $35-$50 for a channel that I heard absolutely sucks.

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Couldn't this argument be just as valid when made in REVERSE? Couldn't we also say that the "true racing fan who cares about the health of the game" should be willing to indure a little "inconvenience" in order to indulge in his supposed "passion"? You don't show your "love" for the game when you demand that everything be just HANDED to you. IMO...when you "really love the game"...then you make adjustments, and you keep playing. Even when you are 70 years old.

No. That simple.

thaskalos
02-09-2017, 09:25 AM
I already pay $180 a month for cable. No way I'm paying $35-$50 for a channel that I heard absolutely sucks.

So...it's a MONEY issue?

Why not downsize the $180-a-month cable package that you carry now...to make up the cost of the new racing channel?

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 09:27 AM
So...it's a MONEY issue?

Why not downsize the $180-a-month cable package that you carry now...to make up the cost of the new racing channel?

NO IT'S NOT A MONEY ISSUE. I'd pay a $100 a month for 1 channel, the NYRA channel.

TVG SUCKS. I see it on track. I want to see the NYRA feed uninterrupted like I did for the last 20 years and I want to see it near LIVE (1-3 second delay). Not on some stupid ROKU or a time delayed RTN package.

thaskalos
02-09-2017, 09:29 AM
NO IT'S NOT A MONEY ISSUE. I'd pay a $100 a month for 1 channel, the NYRA channel.

TVG SUCKS. I see it on track. I want to see the NYRA feed uninterrupted like I did for the last 20 years.

And if the NYRA channel never returns?

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 09:32 AM
And if the NYRA channel never returns?

NYRA says bye bye to most of my "on track" handle. It becomes 3% simulcast handle, like most of the guys who wager right next to me in the NYRA VIP ROOM (they bet via foreign ADW's, isn't that sick?????)

They chose to F me. I choose to F em in return. No more, EMD being the loyal one.

20% or so on the dollar (of handle) lost. I will be more than happy to mail them my foreign ADW statements on a monthly basis and remind them from now until Aug 23rd, 2035. You never know, that could be my day :)

cj
02-09-2017, 09:41 AM
NYRA says bye bye to most of my "on track" handle. It becomes 3% simulcast handle, like most of the guys who wager right next to me in the NYRA VIP ROOM (they bet via foreign ADW's, isn't that sick?????)

They chose to F me. I choose to F em in return. No more, EMD being the loyal one.

20% or so on the dollar (of handle) lost. I will be more than happy to mail them my foreign ADW statements on a monthly basis and remind them from now until Aug 23rd, 2035. You never know, that could be my day :)

Side note, not trying to be that internet police guy, but the days of NYRA getting only 3% are long gone.

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Side note, not trying to be that internet police guy, but the days of NYRA getting only 3% are long gone.

I misspoke. 5% or whatever it is. It wont be the full 20%-22% blended take out that I average.

And before you ask, no, I am not subject to a NYS 5% source market fee.

thaskalos
02-09-2017, 09:47 AM

20% or so on the dollar (of handle) lost. I will be more than happy to mail them by foreign ADW statements on a monthly basis and remind them from now until Aug 23rd, 2035. You never know, that could be my day :)
I can't disagree with you...and that's why I don't get upset when you've questioned our "love for the game" because of our replies to you in this thread.

I've always said that "loving the game" ain't enough unless the game loves you back. IMO...the serious player can't afford to fall prey to mere sentimentality. He should only "love" the games that care about HIM...and he should only be "loyal" to his WALLET.

Fager Fan
02-09-2017, 09:47 AM

TVG SUCKS. I see it on track. I want to see the NYRA feed uninterrupted like I did for the last 20 years and I want to see it near LIVE (1-3 second delay). Not on some stupid ROKU or a time delayed RTN package.

But YOU can see the track feed live - you are on a computer. It's your MOM, who isn't betting a dime, who can't see the track feed. All she supposedly wants to do is watch the race that you've told her you've bet on so she can pull for your horse. TVG suffices for that.

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 09:53 AM
I can't disagree with you...and that's why I don't get upset when you've questioned our "love for the game" because of our replies to you in this thread.

I've always said that "loving the game" ain't enough unless the game loves you back. IMO...the serious player can't afford to fall prey to mere sentimentality. He should only "love" the games that care about HIM...and he should only be "loyal" to his WALLET.

Thaskalos, it simply sucks. I love this Blankety blank game so much. I've worked hard to improve so many aspects of my game. On a different note, the sentimental side of me remembers all the glorious memories I've had because of the game. I will make no impact but I don't care. I will fight stupidity when I see it, no matter what aspects of my life the stupidity is happening. I at least, can tell myself, I tried.

As for business, I would feel like a loser if I didn't take away "full vig" handle from them.

I'm a bit of stickler for detail, if you haven't noticed. I will ask the people who bitch to me, to give me their year over year handle numbers in Nov-Dec of this year. I will collect their stats and send it to NYRA in Dec if their handle dropped.

I know I will at least send my bottom line impact (of betting via other ADW's) to them in Dec. It's on my calendar. Not kidding.

I'm the guy who rolls up next to stupid people, who are driving 45 MPH in the left lane causing traffic-not passing anyone and jamming up cars, that lowers his window, gets Stupid's attention and points to the right lane. I figure if everyone just passes them, they will never learn that the left lane is for passing ONLY. If I, 1 at a time, embarrass them, they might just learn to drive in the slower lane next time, as they cruise at 45 in a 60.

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 10:03 AM
But YOU can see the track feed live - you are on a computer. It's your MOM, who isn't betting a dime, who can't see the track feed. All she supposedly wants to do is watch the race that you've told her you've bet on so she can pull for your horse. TVG suffices for that.

Yes, I can see the track feed live on my PC but again, I don't want to toggle back and forth. That means I am not on Formulator or TFUS (when I'm forced to use my laptop to view the feed). Different issue, let me ask you this. As I watch my PC's live feed, I sit here and root my horse home and then 45 seconds later, my mother watches (in her limited vision) the horses enter the far turn. By the time they hit the far turn, she already knows who won (as I muttered it out, rooting the field home). What fun is that?

1) They ruined her ability to enjoy a race with her son
2) Again, my handicapping routine is ruined. (I'm watching a 45 second delayed feed if I choose to watch on ROKU).
3) TVG is not continuous. They talk, blab, show other tracks etc. I want my channel on NYRA all the time, like I did for 20 years. Not 20 weeks, 20 YEARS.
4) If I play off Roku, I have to bet before they enter the gate. It's as if I am betting with a handicap. F that.
5) What about simulcasting? Why can't my uncle in NYC, my father, who wagers, the countless old people that I know, be allowed to watch and bet from home? Why do they have to go to illegal bookie shops to bet? Why can't they wake up, LIKE YOU, from home and do what they did for 20 years? Go buy an OTB book from the local newstand, watch the races from the house and bet from the phone?

I was told, by someone on track at NYRA, that Kay (don't know this for sure, it is STRICTLY hearsay) looks at Telebet as a waste as dollar for dollar they make less off of Telebet vs. other distribution channels. Well, Mr. Kay, what happens when and if you close telebet and those old folks handle disappears? Your pools will be less attractive. Others will bet less. I won't bet $1200 into a pick 5 that has 40% less in it. I won't bet a $200 show parlay with 40% less show money in the pool. It's a domino effect.

It is SIMPLY stupid to shut off the #1 fan of your product: The older NYC diehard. All for what? $500,000? That's a nickel to a large corp. Like I said, charge each NYRAREWARDS member $10 a month (off of rebates). $120 a year X 1000 people or 2000 people is 1/4 or 1/2 of the cost involved. Make the charge tiered. If you earn $3000 a month in rebates, maybe you pay more vs. the small player.

agameofskill
02-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Great letter. Thank you for sharing.

Fager Fan
02-09-2017, 10:18 AM
Yes, I can see the track feed live on my PC but again, I don't want to toggle back and forth. That means I am not on Formulator or TFUS (when I'm forced to use my laptop to view the feed). Different issue, let me ask you this. As I watch my PC's live feed, I sit here and root my horse home and then 45 seconds later, my mother watches (in her limited vision) the horses enter the far turn. By the time they hit the far turn, she already knows who won (as I muttered it out, rooting the field home). What fun is that?

1) They ruined her ability to enjoy a race with her son
2) Again, my handicapping routine is ruined. (I'm watching a 45 second delayed feed if I choose to watch on ROKU).
3) TVG is not continuous. They talk, blab, show other tracks etc. I want my channel on NYRA all the time, like I did for 20 years. Not 20 weeks, 20 YEARS.
4) If I play off Roku, I have to bet before they enter the gate. It's as if I am betting with a handicap. F that.
5) What about simulcasting? Why can't my uncle in NYC, my father, who wagers, the countless old people that I know, be allowed to watch and bet from home? Why do they have to go to illegal bookie shops to bet? Why can't they wake up, LIKE YOU, from home and do what they did for 20 years? Go buy an OTB book from the local newstand, watch the races from the house and bet from the phone?

I was told, by someone on track at NYRA, that Kay (don't know this for sure, it is STRICTLY hearsay) looks at Telebet as a waste as dollar for dollar they make less off of Telebet vs. other distribution channels. Well, Mr. Kay, what happens when and if you close telebet and those old folks handle disappears? Your pools will be less attractive. Others will bet less. I won't bet $1200 into a pick 5 that has 40% less in it. I won't bet a $200 show parlay with 40% less show money in the pool. It's a domino effect.

It is SIMPLY stupid to shut off the #1 fan of your product: The older NYC diehard. All for what? $500,000? That's a nickel to a large corp. Like I said, charge each NYRAREWARDS member $10 a month (off of rebates). $120 a year X 1000 people or 2000 people is 1/4 or 1/2 of the cost involved. Make the charge tiered. If you earn $3000 a month in rebates, maybe you pay more vs. the small player.

What others said is right: There would be no satisfying you, so why bother? Heaven forbid that you have to "toggle" and you buy your mother TVG.

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 10:24 AM
What others said is right: There would be no satisfying you, so why bother? Heaven forbid that you have to "toggle" and you buy your mother TVG.

You just don't get it, do you?

It's not just about my personal preference. You conveniently skip over all the old people who can't bet because they don't use the internet.

You conveniently skip over the part about telebet.

You conveniently skip over the access to millions of new yorkers in a dying game.

It's ok, I'm used to irrational posters who just want to critique EMD. Carry on.

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 10:26 AM
Great letter. Thank you for sharing.

You mean, there's no punch line? No set up? My apologies if you're serious. Not used to compliments on here.

If you're serious. It's the least I can do (inform the almighty of the impact of his decision).

titans1127
02-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Why not pay the $50 a month for an RTN dish instead of $25 a month to use the Roku service which has the massive delay? Wouldn't that work out better for your entire family to watch whatever track they want?

EMD4ME
02-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Why not pay the $50 a month for an RTN dish instead of $25 a month to use the Roku service which has the massive delay? Wouldn't that work out better for your entire family to watch whatever track they want?

RTN has an extensive delay too, doesn't it?