PDA

View Full Version : ABC apologizes for inaccuracy re: Spicer

ElKabong
01-25-2017, 11:29 AM
I'm sure this is just one big misunderstanding...

The press has it in for this guy, and a few others in the trump camp. Their lemmings quickly echo... Esp satisfying about this are Fleischer's tweets in the link...and he's right. If this is the way the media is going to play, Trump has every right to rip them

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/316022-abc-apologizes-for-misleading-quote-about-spicer

ABC apologizes for misleading quote about Spicer

johnhannibalsmith
01-25-2017, 11:43 AM
Big shock.

I am astounded and I mean as cynical as I am, I am astounded, at the difference in coverage on major online sites from one presidency to the next.

I'm a first amendment sort and think that the President and administration ought to be able to weather even the most pathetic of hit pieces, but you know, the absurdity of the coverage and the sheer difference in the nature of coverage from one administration to the next is their doing. I've got no sympathy at this point until they start acting like reporters. Plenty of claptrap opinion in the comments under every editorial masquerading as reporting.

Tom
01-25-2017, 11:47 AM
And it seems every stinking story these days has to have a panel of leftie/rightie plants to discuss it.

In my day, they read the story and moved on.
News today is a profession of clowns.

Inner Dirt
01-25-2017, 12:06 PM
I oddly enough hoped the over the top liberal spin on most "news" reporting would subside and there would be a pull back of liberal spewing where it doesn't belong. Boy was I wrong, it has gotten much worse since Trump was elected. As I was listening to ESPN radio over the weekend (The only sports talk I get over the air waves here) I listen while working in my shop. Anyway I was blasted with 3 hours of a show that was more than 50% about the women's marches throughout the USA and nothing to do with sports. One of the regular hosts was at one of the marches. I don't know what it is going to take to get liberal politics out of where it does not belong, it is spreading like cancer. I don't want any politics even if I agree with them mixed with sports.
The more the voters reject their crap the louder they get.

classhandicapper
01-25-2017, 12:26 PM
Big shock.

I am astounded and I mean as cynical as I am, I am astounded, at the difference in coverage on major online sites from one presidency to the next.

I'm a first amendment sort and think that the President and administration ought to be able to weather even the most pathetic of hit pieces, but you know, the absurdity of the coverage and the sheer difference in the nature of coverage from one administration to the next is their doing. I've got no sympathy at this point until they start acting like reporters. Plenty of claptrap opinion in the comments under every editorial masquerading as reporting.

I really wish I had a giant "block" or "ignore" button to filter out everything the msm says about anything. I am at the stage where I am being forced to adjust myself just to limit the stress. I want to stop getting angry at all the lies and spin. I want to feel the way I feel when I'm taking a walk in the park and a few gnats are buzzing around. They should be irrelevant to how I feel because they are beneath me and too small and insignificant to matter.

Marshall Bennett
01-25-2017, 12:32 PM
Getting more and more like Trump is not one to fk with. He's moving like an "an incredible machine". Signing stuff, executive orders, saying this, doing that. Not saying he'd hurt anybody physically, but the damage he could do to someone career wise is almost at his will if he wishes.
If they deserve the punishment, I say give it to them. :)

JustRalph
01-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Getting more and more like Trump is not one to fk with. He's moving like an "an incredible machine". Signing stuff, executive orders, saying this, doing that. Not saying he'd hurt anybody physically, but the damage he could do to someone career wise is almost at his will if he wishes.
If they deserve the punishment, I say give it to them. :)

I am told that people are disappearing from the VA overnight. Low profile

chadk66
01-25-2017, 07:51 PM
they are now going to roll back over to the "where the hell are the tax returns" issue:D