PDA

View Full Version : Trump puts EPA on double secret probation

Clocker
01-24-2017, 03:26 PM
Some heart-warming news from Washington:

The Trump administration has instituted a media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency and barred staff from awarding any new contracts or grants according to the AP.

Emails sent to EPA staff since President Donald Trump's inauguration on Friday and reviewed by The Associated Press, detailed the specific prohibitions banning press releases, blog updates or posts to the agency's social media accounts. On Monday, the Huffington Post reported that EPA grants had been frozen, with agency employees barred from speaking of the matter.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-24/trump-bans-epa-employees-using-social-media-bars-new-contracts (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-24/trump-bans-epa-employees-using-social-media-bars-new-contracts)

delayjf
01-24-2017, 03:59 PM
What do you suppose he's up to???

chadk66
01-24-2017, 04:20 PM
I love this guy. He's reigning in government and putting an end to all the BS. Neutering the EPA is next.:ThmbUp:

Clocker
01-24-2017, 04:33 PM
What do you suppose he's up to???

Same principle as the hiring freeze, stop any changes until the new management can take over and evaluate the situation.

The EPA requires special treatment because of the ability, legal or not, to issue rules and regulations and because under the Obama administration (and especially under the leadership of Lisa Jackson) it became a hot bed of greenies and social justice warriors.

One thing Trump does understand better than most in Washington is the restrictive effect of federal regulation on the private sector. It appears that the EPA is the primary target. There has been a lot of idle hype in the media about federal employees quitting if Trump was elected, but I'd guess the EPA would be the most likely place for any such action to actually happen. I'm guessing this will be the first shot fired in what will be a major media battle between the administration and the greenies, with a number of soon to be ex-EPA employees engaged in big time Trump bashing.

Trump of course will shake it off, like water off a duck's back. :D