PDA

View Full Version : Executive Orders 101

boxcar
01-23-2017, 11:37 AM
Executive Orders 101: What are they and how do Presidents use them?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/executive-orders-101-presidents-them-111805329--politics.html

Might as well get up to speed on EOs. I suspect Trump will be using his fair share of them.

johnhannibalsmith
01-23-2017, 11:47 AM
Thanks 0bama

Teach
01-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Article 1, The Constitution of The United States of America:

"All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives." 

Congress, and only Congress, has the power to make laws. And the Congress is a bicameral legislative body—that is, it's divided into two chambers, the House and the Senate.

Executive orders. In today's world. Who needs Congress? Stand By, fellow Americans. Yes, I know that President Obama used many of them and so did his "Oval Office" predecessors (to a lesser degree). Yet, as Al Jolson used to say: "You Ain't seen Nothing Yet!" Toot Toot Totsie, Goodbye!

Members of our United States Senate and House of Representatives, please take notice.

johnhannibalsmith
01-23-2017, 12:04 PM

Executive orders. In today's world. Who needs Congress? Stand By, fellow Americans. Yes, I know that President Obama used many of them and so did his "Oval Office" predecessors (to a lesser degree). Yet, as Al Jolson used to say: "You Ain't seen Nothing Yet!" Toot Toot Totsie, Goodbye!

Oddly, I have vague recollections of reminding our liberal friends that were gleeful at Obama circumventing the 'obstructionists' by governing in an exact opposite fashion to how he campaigned that the glee will be short-lived. That now, the next guy will take it to the next extreme. Then the next farther. Sooner or later, you'd wind up with someone you consider a maniac in charge, just riding the wave of your glee doing whatever he/she wants without worrying about silly things like representatives of the people.

Who'da thought it would be Donald Trump as the very next President. :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it doesn't seem so great now, does it?

Marshall Bennett
01-23-2017, 12:10 PM
I don't see it going that bad. Obama used it and obviously made the outlook worse. Trump will use the same hopefully to make things better. Let time judge how it plays out.

Tom
01-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Must be they don't teach the difference between a law and an executive order in liberal arts programs.