PDA

View Full Version : "Alternative Facts"

Teach
01-23-2017, 08:20 AM
What are “alternative facts”? I’ve never heard of anything so ludicrous. So ridiculous.

Facts:
The earth is round.
The sun is the center of our universe.
George Washington was our first president.
If two parallel lines are cut by a transversal, the alternate interior angles are =.

So, what are “alternative facts”? The moon is made of green cheese!

Vinman
01-23-2017, 08:25 AM
What are “alternative facts”? I’ve never heard of anything so ludicrous. So ridiculous.

Facts:
The earth is round.
If two parallel lines are cut by a transversal, the alternate interior angles are =.

The earth is flat.....at least as far as the eye can see....lolol.

ElKabong
01-23-2017, 08:27 AM
You can keep your doctor
Your health insurance premium will cost you the same as your cell phone bill
I will close Guantanamo Bay immediately after you elect me

#AlternativeFacts

boxcar
01-23-2017, 08:33 AM

You need to get out more, Teach. The world is filled with "alternative facts" which is now a euphemism for "spin", "lies", "deception", "deceitfulness", "deception", "distortion", "dishonesty", "untruism", "falsehood", "misrepresentations", "inveracity", "prevarication", "canard" etc.. You can also Google "fake news".

johnhannibalsmith
01-23-2017, 09:06 AM

CLAIM: I talk to more people in a day than a telemarketer.

FACT: The telemarketer makes 100 calls a day. I make zero. (I have lied. I mean told a falsehood)

ALTERNATIVE FACT: The telemarketer never browses the web. I post on Pace Advantage and exchange posts with other posters, well in excess of 100 individuals that are reading each day on that site alone. (Cant touch it)

PhantomOnTour
01-23-2017, 09:27 AM
The Steelers completely dismantled the Patriots yesterday and are on their way to the Super Bowl

(felt good to type that)

HuggingTheRail
01-23-2017, 12:32 PM
FACT: The Earth revolves around the sun

ALTERNATIVE FACT: My ex-wife thinks the earth revolves around her....

MargieRose
01-23-2017, 01:07 PM

Facts:
The earth is round.

"The sun is the center of our universe." = intentional ??, subliminal and/or vague "alternative fact" (close, but factually wrong).

The sun is the center of our galaxy/solar system. = Pure and unadulterated "fact."

DJT removed the bust of MLK and replaced it with that of Churchill. = intentional ??, subliminal and/or vague "alternative fact" (close, but factually wrong).

DJT moved the bust of MLK to another pedestal/table within the same room. = Pure and unadulterated "fact."

MONEY
01-23-2017, 01:14 PM

Facts:
The earth is round.
The sun is the center of our Solar System.
George Washington was our first Elected President.

FTFY

Tom
01-23-2017, 01:29 PM
The earth is flat.....at least as far as the eye can see....lolol.

I was in Des Moines, Iowa once.
I stood in the parking lot of the hotel and looked east.
I saw the back of my head!:eek:

Tom
01-23-2017, 01:30 PM
FTFY

Looks like YOU just found some alternate facts! :lol::lol::lol:

Tom
01-24-2017, 12:40 PM
Does Alt Facts apply to the transgenders who have no idea what they are and want to use whatever bathrooms they feel like?