PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Pardon?

Steve 'StatMan'
01-20-2017, 11:00 AM
Getting to be close to 11:00am EST and I've seen no news yet on a pardon for Hillary Clinton. Sure, not convicted of anything (yet) but no blanket pardon from Obama yet. Interesting.

Tom
01-20-2017, 11:04 AM
He left an envelop on the desk of the Oval Office just before he left it for the last time. Speculation is it is a letter for Trump.

Dear President Trump:
Hang the BITCH! LOL!

Sincerely,
Joe Cool

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-20-2017, 11:05 AM
I have mixed feelings. While a pardon proves nothing legally, in the court of public opinion it proves her guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I'm thinking that Obama wants to keep her dangling on the hook because he blames her for the destruction of his so-called legacy.

chadk66
01-20-2017, 11:09 AM
I think Obama resents her and is gonna leave her dangling. And if Trump doesn't prosecute her he is a one termer.

boxcar
01-20-2017, 11:11 AM
I have mixed feelings. While a pardon proves nothing legally, in the court of public opinion it proves her guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I'm thinking that Obama wants to keep her dangling on the hook because he blames her for the destruction of his so-called legacy.

Absolutely! He probably hates her more than ever! The deal he made with her back in '08 has come back to haunt him big time. I bet he wishes he could walk that one back. :D

HalvOnHorseracing
01-20-2017, 11:14 AM
I think Obama resents her and is gonna leave her dangling. And if Trump doesn't prosecute her he is a one termer.
Three years from now I expect to see this post.

They haven't indicted Hillary yet, but it should be coming any time now.

Then, after Hillary finally passes away, this post

Is it possible to indict someone who is dead?

chadk66
01-20-2017, 11:42 AM

Is it possible to indict someone who is dead?I'm not sure what that has to do with Trump being a one term president if he doesn't do what he promised all his followers he would do.

Tom
01-20-2017, 11:51 AM
He promised me he wasn't Hillary, that is more than enough!

davew
01-20-2017, 12:11 PM
You have all convicted her without a trial. Come now, give her a chance to spread a few million to lawyers and call in favors from her blackmail list.

zico20
01-20-2017, 12:25 PM

Is it possible to indict someone who is dead?

Probably not, however, it is possible to vote when your dead. :mad:

elysiantraveller
01-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Can someone even issue a "blanket pardon?"

I don't understand how that even would work... you're forgiven for something haven't done... or we aren't sure you did... but you might have done...?

Honestly just asking but I don't think its possible.

ElKabong
01-20-2017, 01:22 PM
He promised me he wasn't Hillary, that is more than enough!

Same here. The Clinton foundation is useless now, she won't be running again, the entire Clinton legacy is in the gutter. She's dog manure in history books.

She's in jail now without being behind bars. She has an internal sense of shame no court could impose. When she shows in public and talks to friends and colleagues she feels the shame.... She lost an election that was rigged in her favor.... And she couldn't even close the deal. She knows her place, don't doubt it for a moment

Tom
01-20-2017, 01:23 PM
I think Ford gave a blanket to Nixon.

chadk66
01-20-2017, 02:29 PM
doesn't appear to be a pardon. let the fun begin

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 02:34 PM
Can someone even issue a "blanket pardon?"

I don't understand how that even would work... you're forgiven for something haven't done... or we aren't sure you did... but you might have done...?

Honestly just asking but I don't think its possible.

Considering the only people talking about Hillary in stripes are "conservatives" on websites and comments sections and the pundits that stir it up on television, I can't even possibly construe why anyone would even think that Obama would lend any credibility to it whatsoever.

Tom
01-20-2017, 03:12 PM
He will pardon terrorists, bombers, traitors......but NOT Hillary! :lol::lol::lol:

chadk66
01-20-2017, 04:17 PM
He will pardon terrorists, bombers, traitors......but NOT Hillary! :lol::lol::lol:that ought to tell us all something :lol:

davew
01-20-2017, 04:24 PM
He will pardon terrorists, bombers, traitors......but NOT Hillary! :lol::lol::lol:

She did not do anything wrong, why would she need a pardon?

Marshall Bennett
01-20-2017, 05:31 PM
She did not do anything wrong, why would she need a pardon?
She hasn't been convicted of anything, but its sorta like the kid with pie all over his face and saying "I dont know nothin bout no pie".

Robert Fischer
01-20-2017, 05:44 PM
https://ethicsalarms.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/jumbo-film.jpg

Police Officer: "What are you doing with that elephant!?"

Jimmy Durante: "... What elephant?"

classhandicapper
01-20-2017, 07:12 PM
I think Trump is trying to figure out a way to allow Hillary to get away all her crimes and corruption but to prosecute all her criminal and corrupt friends.

fast4522
01-20-2017, 07:15 PM
Will they enjoy some time off?

Actor
01-20-2017, 07:36 PM
Is it possible to indict someone who is dead?Look up the legal definition of moot.

Actor
01-20-2017, 07:38 PM
Getting to be close to 11:00am EST and I've seen no news yet on a pardon for Hillary Clinton. Sure, not convicted of anything (yet) but no blanket pardon from Obama yet. Interesting.Does a pardon have to be published to be legal? If a pardon were signed by Obama and witnessed by people who could verify the date would it be legal?

fast4522
01-20-2017, 07:51 PM
Does a pardon have to be published to be legal? If a pardon were signed by Obama and witnessed by people who could verify the date would it be legal?

The person or persons receiving the pardon have to either accept or decline said pardon.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2017, 07:51 PM
Pardon for what?!?

I'm still confused. In the eyes of the law she hasn't done or been convicted of anything yet. Was it even possible to Pardon her...?

classhandicapper
01-20-2017, 08:27 PM
Pardon for what?!?

I'm still confused. In the eyes of the law she hasn't done or been convicted of anything yet. Was it even possible to Pardon her...?

I do not know the law, but I could swear I read that it was possible to grant a blanket pardon for any crimes committed prior to certain date.

chadk66
01-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Pardon for what?!?

I'm still confused. In the eyes of the law she hasn't done or been convicted of anything yet. Was it even possible to Pardon her...?yes you can blanket pardon for any possible criminal activity. think watergate

elysiantraveller
01-20-2017, 08:32 PM
I do not know the law, but I could swear I read that it was possible to grant a blanket pardon for any crimes committed prior to certain date.

Yes. Apparently they can. Googled it.

Answered my own question.

Actor
01-20-2017, 09:28 PM
The person or persons receiving the pardon have to either accept or decline said pardon.Which just removes the question by one step. Does such acceptance have to be published? Could Hillary keep it in her safe deposit box until needed?

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2017, 09:40 PM
Yes. Apparently they can. Googled it.

Answered my own question.

Snowden and Manning are criminals, and traitors to our country.

What are your honest feelings on Hillary?

fast4522
01-20-2017, 09:44 PM
Which just removes the question by one step. Does such acceptance have to be published? Could Hillary keep it in her safe deposit box until needed?
No, it is a federal document that is signed and returned if accepted. I think that it becomes an admission of guilt if accepted. I do not think that there is any obligation to return if declined. But I am sure there are some here who can verify or second source information.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2017, 10:13 PM
Snowden, Assange, and Manning are criminals, and traitors to our country.

FTFY but I agree. Snowden especially.

As far as Hillary; she is a complete slime ball politician of lowest order, Machiavellian, and lacks any sort of ethical compass.

Actor
01-20-2017, 10:20 PM
No, it is a federal document that is signed and returned if accepted.Returned to whom?

Actor
01-20-2017, 10:22 PM
Pardon for what?!?I've asked that. Nobody has an answer.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2017, 10:26 PM

As far as Hillary; she is a complete slime ball politician of lowest order, Machiavellian, and lacks any sort of ethical compass.

Assange isn't an American, right?

Australian, right?

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2017, 10:28 PM

Snowden should be put down.

Seriously. Like a dog.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2017, 10:43 PM
Assange isn't an American, right?

Australian, right?

Yes but he would be subject to the Espionage Act of 1917.

fast4522
01-20-2017, 10:47 PM
Returned to whom?

If Hillary got one it would be front page news, in her case if accepted likely inside a law office. It is Donald J. Trump's power to grant now, and people will still want her indited. What plays out you will hear same as everyone.

EasyGoer89
01-20-2017, 10:47 PM
Snowden and Manning are criminals, and traitors to our country.

Traitors? How so.

Actor
01-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Yes but he would be subject to the Espionage Act of 1917.That's an American law, right?

So if he could make it back to Australia would they extradite him?

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Traitors? How so.

They gave out information detrimental to ALL Americans.

EasyGoer89
01-20-2017, 10:54 PM
They gave out information detrimental to ALL Americans.

Huh. Ok. Seems to me that Snowden (don't know much about manning) told Americans that the govt was spying on THEM, the Pvt citizens. How is it detrimental to me or you to know the govt is reading our e mails and listening to our phone calls?

elysiantraveller
01-20-2017, 11:00 PM
That's an American law, right?

So if he could make it back to Australia would they extradite him?

Well we can extradite him from basically any of our allies. Hence why he is holed up an a Ecuador Embassy in London.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2017, 11:15 PM
Huh. Ok. Seems to me that Snowden (don't know much about manning) told Americans that the govt was spying on THEM, the Pvt citizens. How is it detrimental to me or you to know the govt is reading our e mails and listening to our phone calls?

And here is the divide.

I have NO problem with our best of best running through anything and everything.

I have no problem to allow our best of the best to dig in and find the worst.

What do you have to hide?

davew
01-20-2017, 11:21 PM
Bill may cut a deal and turn witness against Hilary.

If the IRS decides the Clinton Foundation is not really eligible for non-profit status, the back taxes may make the Clintons broke once again.

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 11:23 PM

:lol:

I'm sorry, I know I have this reaction every single time and for the most part I try to avoid being repetitive, but I can't believe people still throw this out there as the crux of their justification.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2017, 11:39 PM

EasyGoer89
01-20-2017, 11:39 PM
And here is the divide.

I have NO problem with our best of best running through anything and everything.

https://medium.com/@FabioAEsteves/i-have-nothing-to-hide-why-should-i-care-about-my-privacy-f488281b8f1d#.bj1tm5a6e

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 11:40 PM

Well, you are convincing.

Gonna edit here and just be done with it since it's been replayed a million times here so we don't have to go round and round with pointless posts that say nothing.

I'll post your quote again in the hope that I can do this quickly.

That was basically the line that secured the presence of our fourth amendment.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2017, 11:41 PM
Well, you are convincing.

What part are you not wanting to make public?

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 11:44 PM
What part are you not wanting to make public?

My four centimeter penis. Oh damn.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2017, 11:46 PM
My four centimeter penis. Oh damn.

Gee Whiz. Funny guy with a small pecker.

What it is that you actually have any clue about?

chadk66
01-21-2017, 08:59 AM
there won't be any movement on Hillary until Sessions is instilled into office. Then the investigation of the investigation will take place and I would suspect a grand jury to follow. Trump will probably stay out of the picture for the most part. I agree, I think the Clinton's wealth is in extreme danger from a Trump run IRS now.

thaskalos
01-21-2017, 09:13 AM
And here is the divide.

A real "patriot". :ThmbUp:

Is that what you would tell the cops...if they were to show up at your front door asking to search your house without a warrant?

"Sure officers...why not? I've got nothing to hide."

If the government can illegally eavesdrop on our phone conversations...then, what "constitutional rights" do the citizens have left?

DSB
01-21-2017, 09:14 AM
This is one of the funniest one liners I've ever seen on here.

Hilarious.

Amendment IV

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Maybe people who think the way you do wouldn't mind, say, unannounced inspections of your home by government officials.

After all, what do you have to hide?

For myself, I'll take the protections afforded me as an American under the fourth amendment.

If you want to inspect my home, get a goddamn warrant.

Thank you.

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-21-2017, 09:50 AM
We should ALL want the same thing. If innocent, leave her alone. If guilty, fry her pants suit ass.

HalvOnHorseracing
01-21-2017, 10:11 AM
One of the things I notice here is that there is not a glut of strategic thinking. It's just sort of, ok boys lets grab the pitchforks and the axe handles and head after the monster.

At some point you have to ask yourself, how does this forward my agenda, or my party or the country, and the converse question, how would this hurt us?

It's only slightly about the tremendous enmity toward Hillary. Sometimes you're a lot smarter to play the long game.

Tom
01-21-2017, 10:46 AM
People have the right to privacy.
Government has no such right.

Drain the swamp!
Spill the beans!

WE are the government.
WE have the right to know everything about every one of them while in office.

The leaked DNC emails were a patriotic event.

Inner Dirt
01-21-2017, 11:21 AM
We should ALL want the same thing. If innocent, leave her alone. If guilty, fry her pants suit ass.

Since Trump threw a bucket of water on the witch I am wondering if some of her once loyal supporters who have dirt on her will now throw her under the bus. Now that they can no longer benefit from any perks of being tight with someone of great power (she now has much less) or have to fear her wrath of betrayal they have no reason to keep tight lipped. I seriously doubt any of her inner circle actually liked her, they were ether along for the ride or doing it out of fear.

Tom
01-21-2017, 11:26 AM
Stay out of the parks at night - bodies might start showing up. :eek:

Marshall Bennett
01-21-2017, 12:31 PM
Since Trump threw a bucket of water on the witch I am wondering if some of her once loyal supporters who have dirt on her will now throw her under the bus. Now that they can no longer benefit from any perks of being tight with someone of great power (she now has much less) or have to fear her wrath of betrayal they have no reason to keep tight lipped. I seriously doubt any of her inner circle actually liked her, they were ether along for the ride or doing it out of fear.
I like your 1st line. :lol: Yes, this does make sense. As individuals they might be looking over their shoulders the rest of their lives, but doubt few care. After all, they made her what she is.

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2017, 01:08 PM
One of the things I notice here is that there is not a glut of strategic thinking. It's just sort of, ok boys lets grab the pitchforks and the axe handles and head after the monster.

At some point you have to ask yourself, how does this forward my agenda, or my party or the country, and the converse question, how would this hurt us?

It's only slightly about the tremendous enmity toward Hillary. Sometimes you're a lot smarter to play the long game.It's a horse racing message board. People come here to speak their minds on other topics outside of horse racing.

Who exactly, on any message board, is thinking "how does this forward my agenda, or my party or the country...." before they POST on a MESSAGE BOARD? :lol:

chadk66
01-21-2017, 02:02 PM
If and When Hillary is indicted I think you will have her lemmings lined up to testify against her. They will come to the conclusion the gig is up and saving their own asses will be all they are concerned with at that point.

HalvOnHorseracing
01-21-2017, 05:41 PM
It's a horse racing message board. People come here to speak their minds on other topics outside of horse racing.

Who exactly, on any message board, is thinking "how does this forward my agenda, or my party or the country...." before they POST on a MESSAGE BOARD? :lol:
I agree with you that nobody is thinking about how their message affects anything. I was merely suggesting you might want to think about whether or not that speaking your mind thing should be occasionally tempered with some thoughtfulness. I know for a lot of people the gate between the brain and the mouth is simply left open all the time, so as the thought passes through the cerebrum, it doesn't pause for reflection. Maybe instead of grabbing the pitchforks and axe handles and getting the mob together, think about why going after Hillary might just blow up in your face. But, hey, that's me.

chadk66
01-21-2017, 06:03 PM
I agree with you that nobody is thinking about how their message affects anything. I was merely suggesting you might want to think about whether or not that speaking your mind thing should be occasionally tempered with some thoughtfulness. I know for a lot of people the gate between the brain and the mouth is simply left open all the time, so as the thought passes through the cerebrum, it doesn't pause for reflection. Maybe instead of grabbing the pitchforks and axe handles and getting the mob together, think about why going after Hillary might just blow up in your face. But, hey, that's me.why would it blow up in our face? you ok with criminal activity by our politicians? that kinda surprises me. I guess that's maybe the feeling by many of the trainers that criminal activity is ok if the end justifies the means

woodtoo
01-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Maybe instead of grabbing the pitchforks and axe handles and getting the mob together, think about why going after Hillary might just blow up in your face. But, hey, that's me.
:D You mean like the rioters in DC yesterday? You funny. :p

Actor
01-21-2017, 08:15 PM
Snowden should be put down.

Seriously. Like a dog.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3774114/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

HalvOnHorseracing
01-21-2017, 09:45 PM
why would it blow up in our face? you ok with criminal activity by our politicians? that kinda surprises me. I guess that's maybe the feeling by many of the trainers that criminal activity is ok if the end justifies the means
To this point Hillary has not been indicted, and the Justice Department has certainly had the opportunity to do so. If it looks like the new administration is going after her for retributive reasons, you may even lose some of the Trump voters who fear a strongman presidency. Strategically, the best thing that could happen is for Trump to essentially tell the Clintons, disappear from politics for the rest of time and let's leave it at that.

If there is an ability to go after Hillary and not make it look like Trump is squashing his political enemies that is one thing. But it needs to be done through a special prosecutor so that he can stay at arm's length. Still, there seems to be little expectation you could get an indictment, much less a conviction. Unlike horseracing, there isn't an absolute insurers rule to make you guilty whether you did something on purpose or not.

Trump's got to think of getting by the next four years and a potential re-election bid. When I talk about strategic, I mean you have to stop assuming Trump got a "mandate" not only implement his policies, but get rid of his opponents. He didn't win the popular vote, and he didn't crush the most flawed candidate the Democrats could have run in the electoral college. The other 50% of the voters are still here. The strategic thing to do is to find a way to bring more of those Hillary voters onto your side, and putting her away ensures you'll never win them over. Trump needs to flip flop his approval/disapproval rating and you don't do that by further alienating people you need on your side.

Hillary is done, finished in politics. Even if she was guilty of something, putting her away accomplishes nothing. And if she is as guilty as Petraeus, she only gets probation anyway. BFD. No, it's not like a guilty trainer who would keep on going if he wasn't punished. She's done. When I say strategic, I mean you think about the next four years instead of the next four minutes.

HalvOnHorseracing
01-21-2017, 09:52 PM
:D You mean like the rioters in DC yesterday? You funny. :p
Yeah. That was my point. As long as you keep the other side alienated, you don't have a real chance of being the President of all the people. Works for the other side too, or as your mom certainly must have told you, two wrongs don't make a right. You don't win the argument by saying, he started it. At least you didn't in my house.

woodtoo
01-22-2017, 08:04 AM
Yeah. That was my point. As long as you keep the other side alienated, you don't have a real chance of being the President of all the people. Works for the other side too, or as your mom certainly must have told you, two wrongs don't make a right. You don't win the argument by saying, he started it. At least you didn't in my house.
Here is what momma taught me "don't do the crime if you cant do the time"
You think she should receive a participation trophy for losing and gently tucked in bed and all her crimes and sins will be washed away never to be heard from again? Those days are over "there is a new Sherriff in town"
Best get used to it. I don't care whose feelings get hurt, find a safe room.

Tom
01-22-2017, 09:15 AM

Tell that to the left.
THEY are the ones calling for the blowing up of the WH, comparing Trump to Hitler, burning cars in the street.

Franky, I don't want him to represent the left- I do not think the left deserves to be represented. I want him to only represent Americans.

Oh, and MM talking about the Trump carnage....carnage is what you call an all you can eat buffet after Moore gets through with it.

chadk66
01-22-2017, 09:37 AM
The shear number of legal professionals that are flabbergasted by her not being indicted is amazing. The list of laws she has broken is rather long. And there is no question they were broken. It's absurd. Apparently some people just have no issue with politicians doing however they see fit laws be damned. :bang:

woodtoo
01-22-2017, 09:53 AM
Tell that to the left.
THEY are the ones calling for the blowing up of the WH, comparing Trump to Hitler, burning cars in the street.

Franky, I don't want him to represent the left- I do not think the left deserves to be represented. I want him to only represent Americans.

Oh, and MM talking about the Trump carnage....carnage is what you call an all you can eat buffet after Moore gets through with it.
Also known as a defeastation.