PDA

View Full Version : The Official Trump Collapsing Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

maddog42
01-19-2017, 06:32 AM
The title says it all. This thread will follow the ups and downs of Trump who I predict will last 4 years, maybe less. The odds on him being impeached are only about 10%, but still, given his unpredictable nature ... Who knows? There might come a time when Pence will look a lot better to Republicans. It will take Trump about 90 days to start a war and that will improve his chances of getting reelected... so I put his reelection at about 15%.

barahona44
01-19-2017, 06:43 AM
Who will be the first to complain about the exsistence of this thread? :)

jk3521
01-19-2017, 07:25 AM
It's bound to happen.

rastajenk
01-19-2017, 07:29 AM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa377/notaryfortmyers/notary5.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/notaryfortmyers/media/notary5.jpg.html)

If it's Official, it should be notarized.

Tom
01-19-2017, 07:50 AM
Not even in office yet, and we got odds on his re-election!
:lol::lol::lol: This is going to be fun........

no breathalyzer
01-19-2017, 08:31 AM
The title says it all. This thread will follow the ups and downs of Trump who I predict will last 4 years, maybe less. The odds on him being impeached are only about 10%, but still, given his unpredictable nature ... Who knows? There might come a time when Pence will look a lot better to Republicans. It will take Trump about 90 days to start a war and that will improve his chances of getting reelected... so I put his reelection at about 15%.

just curious.... what would make you think this? Any factual based evidence to back this opinion?

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Trump will end up one of the best, if not the best President in modern times (hey look Thaskalos, I'm already hedging...I went from best ever to best in modern times... :lol: )

I know thask that you would expect nothing less from me.

But seriously people, I love the fact that a lot of people consider Trump the equivalent of Charlie Manson as President...it sets the bar so low for him, that those of us who actually see things a bit more clearly, can't help but think Trump will have a very easy time coming off as a TREMENDOUS President... :lol:

HuggingTheRail
01-19-2017, 10:35 AM
Trump will end up one of the best, if not the best President in modern times (hey look Thaskalos, I'm already hedging...I went from best ever to best in modern times... :lol: )

I know thask that you would expect nothing less from me.

But seriously people, I love the fact that a lot of people consider Trump the equivalent of Charlie Manson as President...it sets the bar so low for him, that those of us who actually see things a bit more clearly, can't help but think Trump will have a very easy time coming off as a TREMENDOUS President... :lol:

There will be a lot of "yeah...but" statements

"Yeah, the market is up 20%, but.....one obscure stock that I own is only up 15%"

FantasticDan
01-19-2017, 11:09 AM
Kind of hard to "collapse" when you're entering office with the lowest approval ratings ever.. kinda like falling off a tricycle :p

https://66.media.tumblr.com/764e451e72d54159f50ad1775f6a3b72/tumblr_nbi32eGEAc1s46p8ao1_500.gif

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Kind of hard to "collapse" when you're entering office with the lowest approval ratings ever.. kinda like falling off a tricycle :p Yup...I'm sure Trump's approval number is as accurate as Obama's... :lol:

In fact, I'm sure they're polling the same exact people.

Yet, the high approval Obama who called Hillary the most qualified person ever to run for President...his pick ended up being beaten by none other than Donald Trump... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Makes total sense Dan, don't you think?

RunForTheRoses
01-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Yup...I'm sure Trump's approval number is as accurate as Obama's... :lol:

In fact, I'm sure they're polling the same exact people.

Yet, the high approval Obama who called Hillary the most qualified person ever to run for President...his pick ended up being beaten by none other than Donald Trump... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Makes total sense Dan, don't you think?

At any rate who cares about approval ratings, he has a Republican Congress. He should be able to get stuff done, if he can't then I would criticize.

Now the stuff that gets done might not be to the agreement of the left wing contingent but that's another story.

Racetrack Playa
01-19-2017, 11:57 AM
We are lucky Trump Won
We may be in for a ride. #LETSGOCHAMP
A Gamblers Dream
and a Lib-Lab-Con nightmare , imho

Tom
01-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Dan, is that the tricycle Hillary never got to ride? :lol:

thaskalos
01-19-2017, 12:44 PM
My prediction is that 1/20/2017 will be a day which will live in INFAMY. Something terrible will happen in our country...and, for the first time in our history...the blame will fall entirely on the American voter.

When Trump proves to be totally incompetent and ineffective as President...even the Republican Party will point accusingly at the voter, and tell him..."I told you so".

zico20
01-19-2017, 12:48 PM
My prediction is that 1/20/2017 will be a day which will live in INFAMY. Something terrible will happen in our country. :ThmbDown: ..and, for the first time in our history...the blame will fall entirely on the American voter.

When Trump proves to be totally incompetent and ineffective as President...even the Republican Party will point accusingly at the voter, and tell him..."I told you so".

I can assure you many, if not most liberals are counting on it, if not down right rooting for it. :ThmbDown:

ElKabong
01-19-2017, 12:50 PM
My prediction is that 1/20/2017 will be a day which will live in INFAMY. Something terrible will happen in our country...and, for the first time in our history...the blame will fall entirely on the American voter.

The dogs bsrk, and the train rolls on...as the old saying goes

Dog= you
Train= Donald Trump

woodtoo
01-19-2017, 12:56 PM
Ha Ha Good one!

thaskalos
01-19-2017, 12:59 PM
I can assure you many, if not most liberals are counting on it, if not down right rooting for it. :ThmbDown:

"Wishing" something isn't the same as EXPECTING it. I wish for "world peace"...but I know that I won't see it. And I wish for a prosperous America, because I live here...but I don't think that I'll see that either...at least not in the near future. There is a great storm brewing...and Trump will be a convenient scapegoat.

Hold on, folks. I think we are going along for a very scary ride.

thaskalos
01-19-2017, 01:04 PM
The dogs bsrk, and the train rolls on...as the old saying goes

Dog= you
Train= Donald Trump

The Trump train hasn't even started moving yet. What we've seen up'til now has been some "steam"...and steam is nothing but hot air.

I can see Trump pacing in his penthouse...wondering what to do next.

OntheRail
01-19-2017, 01:10 PM
The 45th President Donald J Trump will strive to be the best President in our life time. He will be a LEADER. He will direct, guide and protect the Nation, it's interest put first and foremost. He will bring back respect and fear of the United States.

He can't help it.. he wired to WIN... it's in his DNA. ;)

zico20
01-19-2017, 01:22 PM
The 45th President Donald J Trump will strive to be the best President in our life time. He will be a LEADER. He will direct, guide and protect the Nation, it's interest put first and foremost. He will bring back respect and fear of the United States.

He can't help it.. he wired to WIN... it's in his DNA. ;)

If he does not build the wall then he goes down as a failure in my book. That has been his signature statement for over a year.

OntheRail
01-19-2017, 01:25 PM
The Trump train hasn't even started moving yet. What we've seen up'til now has been some "steam"...and steam is nothing but hot air.

No steam is potential energy... The Trump Train is just checking readiness move. Your confusion is understandable as we've been thru eight years of a faulty check valve controlled by a dead weight.

ElKabong
01-19-2017, 01:27 PM
I can see Trump pacing in his penthouse...wondering what to do next.

I can see him laughing at your post while grabbing his nuts and saying "who's your daddy"?

you= thaskalos
Daddy= Donald Trump. You can call him 45 :)

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2017, 01:31 PM
I can see him laughing at your post while grabbing his nuts and saying "who's your daddy"?

you= thaskalos
Daddy= Donald Trump. You can call him 45 :)I think this might have been a "kinetic personal action" against thaskalos, unprovoked.

If so, this is not nice.

ElKabong
01-19-2017, 01:34 PM
No steam is potential energy... The Trump Train is just checking readiness move. Your confusion is understandable as we've been thru eight years of a faulty check valve controlled by a dead weight.

Just enjoy the ride, man. They're anxious wrecks right now. Hillary falling flat still hasn't fully left their souls yet. That twelve step program, most of these guys are in step two or so. A loooong long way to go yet for these clowns. Just enjoy it.

Reality... We had two choices. Most considered them both bad choices, but they were the choices. As long as the worst choice lost (Hillary) we all won. The ones that want to cry, whine, debate? Too late man, the train left the station. ...They can go along for the ride or bark like poodles.

ElKabong
01-19-2017, 01:36 PM
I think this might have been a "kinetic personal action" against thaskalos, unprovoked.

If so, this is not nice.

Duly noted.

But I'm sure trump has done just that to his doubters, just by the tape we heard the week before the election. :)

thaskalos
01-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Duly noted.

But I'm sure trump has done just that to his doubters, just by the tape we heard the week before the election. :)

I am a Trump "doubter"...just as I've doubted the rhetoric of ALL the candidates for public office. I am a "doubter"...because history has shown that candidates will LIE in order to get elected...and that, once elected, the general rule is that their pre-election campaign promises are quickly forgotten. If I saw a list of the past presidents who actually KEPT their pre-election promises...then, perhaps I wouldn't be the "doubter" that I am today.

So...go ahead believing that "Trump is different"...you'll get no insulting remarks from me. But me...I've seen this sort of "euphoria" before...and it takes more to make me a "believer".

thaskalos
01-19-2017, 01:57 PM
I think this might have been a "kinetic personal action" against thaskalos, unprovoked.

If so, this is not nice.
No harm done. I've read enough of his posts...and I make allowances.

thaskalos
01-19-2017, 02:02 PM
Reality... We had two choices. Most considered them both bad choices, but they were the choices. As long as the worst choice lost (Hillary) we all won. The ones that want to cry, whine, debate? Too late man, the train left the station. ...They can go along for the ride or bark like poodles.
Sure. Two bad choices...but the better of the bad choices won. So...as long as the worst choice lost...what's there to complain about? Let's REJOICE...because, "we all won". :ThmbUp:

ElKabong
01-19-2017, 02:12 PM
So...go ahead believing that "Trump is different"...you'll get no insulting remarks from me. But me...I've seen this sort of "euphoria" before...and it takes more to make me a "believer".

You seem to post all day here. Please do me a favor. Go find the post where I stated Trump would be a great POTUS, or anything that would color me a believer in Trump's ability to be a great POTUS

Truth is, I live in the moment and make of it what I can. If I sat on a keyboard and whined and posted constant negative shit about the realities of life (HINT, HINT, thask), then I'd have a hard time cracking a smile or living a decent life

BTW, I'm smiling ear to ear as I type :)

I'm off to a work appointment, then taking the wife to a nice dinner. That should allow you enough time to provide the post to back your claim. Good luck!

Clocker
01-19-2017, 02:19 PM
I am a Trump "doubter"...just as I've doubted the rhetoric of ALL the candidates for public office. I am a "doubter"...because history has shown that candidates will LIE in order to get elected...and that, once elected, the general rule is that their pre-election campaign promises are quickly forgotten.

I would change lie to self-delusion (i.e., lying to yourself). Obama, at least once, said that he believed his own bullshit. I think that is true of most candidates of either party. In the modern era, your ego has to "yugely" override your grasp of reality in general and the government in particular to think that you can single-handedly implement hope and change or make America great again.

Obama and Trump have some major characteristics in common as candidates. Both were elected as faith-based candidates by a true-believer voter base. And both had little to no experience in government administration or knowledge of the day to day workings of the federal government. Both had great faith in their own ability to accomplish goals by shear strength of personality.

Trump already backed off some of his pre-primary promises, down-sizing them or calling them "suggestions". He will never admit breaking any promises, but will blame anyone and everyone for his inability to achieve them.

thaskalos
01-19-2017, 02:20 PM
You seem to post all day here. Please do me a favor. Go find the post where I stated Trump would be a great POTUS, or anything that would color me a believer in Trump's ability to be a great POTUS

Truth is, I live in the moment and make of it what I can. If I sat on a keyboard and whined and posted constant negative shit about the realities of life (HINT, HINT, thask), then I'd have a hard time cracking a smile or living a decent life

I'm off to a work appointment, then taking the wife to a nice dinner. That should allow you enough time to provide the post to back your claim. Good luck!

Friend...you could be smiling ear-to-ear as you type...but you still appear a lot angrier than me. You made derogatory comments about the "Trump doubters"...so, that must make you a "Trump believer"...NO?

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2017, 02:27 PM

I'm off to a work appointment, then taking the wife to a nice dinner. That should allow you enough time to provide the post to back your claim. Good luck!I know it might seem I'm picking on you, but I must point out again, you're steering this into a personal thing with thaskalos...did I miss where he went after you personally?

Maybe I'm as bad a moderator as some would have me believe... :(

davew
01-19-2017, 03:13 PM
I would change lie to self-delusion (i.e., lying to yourself). Obama, at least once, said that he believed his own bullshit. I think that is true of most candidates of either party. In the modern era, your ego has to "yugely" override your grasp of reality in general and the government in particular to think that you can single-handedly implement hope and change or make America great again.

Obama and Trump have some major characteristics in common as candidates. Both were elected as faith-based candidates by a true-believer voter base. And both had little to no experience in government administration or knowledge of the day to day workings of the federal government. Both had great faith in their own ability to accomplish goals by shear strength of personality.

Trump already backed off some of his pre-primary promises, down-sizing them or calling them "suggestions". He will never admit breaking any promises, but will blame anyone and everyone for his inability to achieve them.

Obama never really tried to work with Congress and used executive orders (with his superior constitutional law background). Trump will easily reverse those executive orders.

After 8 years, 0bama's greatest speech involved saying something like 'What's Trump going to do, wave his magic wand?' Well, something was done as Carrier decided not to completely close and move all jobs across the border.

jk3521
01-19-2017, 03:32 PM
The 45th President Donald J Trump will strive to be the best President in our life time.

He probably is a good choice for President for these times. That's not saying much for the state of this nation. :ThmbDown:

Clocker
01-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Well, something was done as Carrier decided not to completely close and move all jobs across the border.

Trump won the PR battle on that one, good for a day or two of good press.

UTX (Carrier's parent) was the YUGE winner in the art of that deal. UTX has billions of dollars annually in defense contracts, which now have the Trump Seal of Approval. No midnight tweet-bashing about those contracts.

Carrier kept 720 jobs here out of 2200, moving the rest to Mexico. Carrier of Mexico now has the Trump Seal of Approval on its Mexican operations and its imports into the US. Trump can't very well tweet-bash jobs he agreed to move out of the country. Carrier of Indiana also got $7 million in government funding which it announced will be used to automate that plant and lay off more workers. This is a big competitive advantage Carrier's US competitors didn't get. The Carrier operations are small potatoes to UTX. They are sitting fat and happy right now.

jk3521
01-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Trump won the PR battle on that one, good for a day or two of good press.

UTX (Carrier's parent) was the YUGE winner in the art of that deal. UTX has billions of dollars annually in defense contracts, which now have the Trump Seal of Approval. No midnight tweet-bashing about those contracts.

Carrier kept 720 jobs here out of 2200, moving the rest to Mexico. Carrier of Mexico now has the Trump Seal of Approval on its Mexican operations and its imports into the US. Trump can't very well tweet-bash jobs he agreed to move out of the country. Carrier of Indiana also got $7 million in government funding which it announced will be used to automate that plant and lay off more workers. This is a big competitive advantage Carrier's US competitors didn't get. The Carrier operations are small potatoes to UTX. They are sitting fat and happy right now.

Thank you, Clocker . You're the voice of reason around here. You'd be a good moderator.

Clocker
01-19-2017, 03:48 PM
You're the voice of reason around here.

That's scary. I feel a sudden need for a safe space. :eek:

P.S. To cut off the Trumpites in advance, I still believe that Trump is preferable to Hillary. But Trump is still an unknown and unproven, and it's all still talk. I prefer to wait and see some results.

so.cal.fan
01-19-2017, 03:57 PM
"Do not confuse the “Trump Revolution” with Trump himself. The people are sick and tired of the same old nonsense. Trump just so happened to be there at the right time. This is a revolution of the people — not Trump! I have stated many times that if Trump did anything out of line or unconstitutional, I would call him out in a second. Trump did something really amazing that I would have thought was impossible. He effectively ran as a third party candidate from within the Republican Party. He altered the party and they still do not respect that. My inside sources say the Republicans think they just have to train him. They are not looking at why he won any more than the Democrats are." Martin Armstrong

pondman
01-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Just moved a big chunk into Vanguards for one of the best economies in the history of the US. Many of you will have your disabilities cut, so we probably won't be reading your stuff in the future.

Nitro
01-19-2017, 04:19 PM
That's scary. I feel a sudden need for a safe space. :eek:

P.S. To cut off the Trumpites in advance, I still believe that Trump is preferable to Hillary. But Trump is still an unknown and unproven, and it's all still talk. I prefer to wait and see some results.
Those of you who are still a bit skeptical about Trump’s commitment to the American people apparently can’t distinguish between a seasoned (do nothing) politician and a successful (proactive) businessman. There’s huge difference! I believe Trump’s motivation to accomplish his agenda is based entirely on improving the lives of all Americans. Fortunately, he’s the last person to make any decision based on “Political Correctness”.

I predict that his efforts in attempting to “drain the swamp” will meet with resistance from both parties.
I know one thing for sure: He will hold everyone in his administration accountable and those in Congress will have to answer directly to the American people should they decide to play the politics as usual game.

Mark my words, everyone is going to witness positive changes in our government that are LONG overdue!

HalvOnHorseracing
01-19-2017, 04:37 PM
My inside sources say the Republicans think they just have to train him. They are not looking at why he won any more than the Democrats are.
I actually thought this was incredibly insightful. I've suspected that the Republicans figure they are going to be running the show and Trump will just be signing the papers he's sent. I think plenty of them figure he is in over his head and will be easy to manipulate. I think plenty of others figure he has the attention span of child and won't want to get involved in the dirty details of making the sausage. I don't know if Trump will surprise them, or he will be surprised by them.

ElKabong
01-19-2017, 11:39 PM
Friend...you could be smiling ear-to-ear as you type...but you still appear a lot angrier than me. You made derogatory comments about the "Trump doubters"...so, that must make you a "Trump believer"...NO?

So, you couldn't find any posts where I'm a "trump believer", did you? Imagine that (I'm no fan of trump, far less so of Clinton, if you'd read any of my posts)

I've made allowances of my own, pertaining your posts. You seem to post from the hip, facts be darned.

Nite nite, enjoy the inauguration :)

kingfin66
01-20-2017, 01:53 AM
I know it might seem I'm picking on you, but I must point out again, you're steering this into a personal thing with thaskalos...did I miss where he went after you personally?

Maybe I'm as bad a moderator as some would have me believe... :(

Oh come on. Enough already. You are the Trump of moderators. The best moderator the Internet has ever seen or ever will see, and Pace Advantage is in a class by itself. The best site of any genre anywhere. How's that? Better?

kingfin66
01-20-2017, 01:56 AM

I have noticed that when you refer to someone as a "friend," you actually mean the opposite.

thaskalos
01-20-2017, 02:12 AM
I have noticed that when you refer to someone as a "friend," you actually mean the opposite.

You've told me this twice before...and you've been right all three times. :)

Actor
01-20-2017, 02:38 AM
At any rate who cares about approval ratings, he has a Republican Congress. He should be able to get stuff done, if he can't then I would criticize.Confirmations and funding excepted it takes 60% to bring anything to a vote in the senate. The Republicans have 51. Not enough.

davew
01-20-2017, 05:59 AM
Confirmations and funding excepted it takes 60% to bring anything to a vote in the senate. The Republicans have 51. Not enough.

I do not think this is correct

https://www.congress.gov/legislative-process/senate-floor

maddog42
01-20-2017, 06:35 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/01/19/donald-trump-has-assembled-the-worst-cabinet-in-american-history/?postshare=4131484884292184&tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.15ec752b5ecf

Tom
01-20-2017, 07:49 AM
Well duh, to that collection of biased liars at the Fake News WOPO, of course it is!:lol:

To legitimate Americans, it might be one of the best ever.

zico20
01-20-2017, 10:47 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/01/19/donald-trump-has-assembled-the-worst-cabinet-in-american-history/?postshare=4131484884292184&tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.15ec752b5ecf

You know how serious to take this article when NO Democrat has ever put up a poor choice. The article states Reagan and GWB who also made bad selections. :D

HalvOnHorseracing
01-20-2017, 11:53 AM
Speaking of "Heckuva job" Brownie, I had a friend (a very conservative Republican and a strong supporter of GWB) who knew Brown when he was running the Arabian Horse Association. I won't recount the entire conversation other than to say he had not one kind word about Brown, but they had to fire Brown for incompetence. This was a guy who couldn't run an association that did horse shows trying to run an agency that was supposed to come to the fore in severe emergencies.

The point of the article is that when you appoint someone who was not only unqualified based on their resume, but proven to be incompetent, you are doomed to failure.

I remember after GWB was elected, a lot of Democrats said that at least he appointed a well qualified cabinet. I don't think you could compare Trump's selections to Bush's in a positive way.

Tom
01-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Trump's cabinet was chosen to run things effectively, not as they have been run for decades.

This is a new way of rocking.
We need people not corrupted by the system.

FantasticDan
01-20-2017, 01:00 PM
Trump's cabinet was chosen to run things effectively, not as they have been run for decades.
Rick Perry: "I know that I said the Dept of Energy should be eliminated, but now that I've been named its head, I had to find out what they actually do there. And now that I've done that, I regret what I said..."

:lol: :bang:

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 01:03 PM
The mere fact that Rick Perry is in the cabinet at all lends credibility to the article.

Tom
01-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Confirmations and funding excepted it takes 60% to bring anything to a vote in the senate. The Republicans have 51. Not enough.

Dingy Harry made if a simple majority, for nominations, at least - the Repubs can make a ham sandwich Sec of State if they want to.

Which is far better than one we have in there today! :lol:

Tom
01-20-2017, 01:10 PM
The mere fact that Rick Perry is in the cabinet at all lends credibility to the article.

I can only think that Trump is throwing SNL a bone here. :lol:
Perry...they can't all be awesome!

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 01:12 PM
I can only think that Trump is throwing SNL a bone here. :lol:
Perry...they can't all be awesome!

That exchange with him and Franken was pretty funny. :lol:

gxrKlVv4UDA

FantasticDan
01-20-2017, 01:15 PM
The mere fact that Rick Perry is in the cabinet at all lends credibility to the article.Oh c'mon, how can you not think that replacing the current nuclear physicist Sec of Energy with this guy isn't a GREAT thing??? :jump:

tgT0p_a02ig

ElKabong
01-20-2017, 01:16 PM
Rick Perry: "I know that I said the Dept of Energy should be eliminated, but now that I've been named its head, I had to find out what they actually do there. And now that I've done that, I regret what I said..."

:lol: :bang:

"For the first time in my life I'm proud to be an American."
No wait, that was someone else

Tom
01-20-2017, 01:26 PM
That exchange with him and Franken was pretty funny. :lol:

He should told Franken, ala Stewart Smiley...

-DIETlxquzY

HalvOnHorseracing
01-20-2017, 04:51 PM
Dingy Harry made if a simple majority, for nominations, at least - the Repubs can make a ham sandwich Sec of State if they want to.

Which is far better than one we have in there today! :lol:
I'm not sure what level of incredulity gets you sanctioned, but are you out of your mind?

So it was Harry Reid's fault that Trump picked a guy that thought he was going to be Secretary of Oil and Gas?

Outside of the Hospital for the Criminally Insane, I'm not sure we could find five people who would agree Rick Perry was "far better" as the Secretary of Energy than Ernie Moniz.

As for Secretary of State, I might concede we'd find 10 people who believed Rex Tillerson was more qualified than Kerry as Secretary of State.

Actor
01-20-2017, 05:59 PM
I do not think this is correct

https://www.congress.gov/legislative-process/senate-floorRead the part about cloture.

elysiantraveller
01-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Interestingly he is keeping A LOT of Obama appointees in key administration posts that deal with the war on terror.

Tom
01-21-2017, 10:11 AM
I'm not sure what level of incredulity gets you sanctioned, but are you out of your mind? No, but I understand how it looks that way to you! ;)

So it was Harry Reid's fault that Trump picked a guy that thought he was going to be Secretary of Oil and Gas? No, it was his fault the requirement of 60 votes is gone. Hapless Harry did it to benefit his demo senate, now it makes the dems next to impedant.

Outside of the Hospital for the Criminally Insane, I'm not sure we could find five people who would agree Rick Perry was "far better" as the Secretary of Energy than Ernie Moniz. Larry Fine would be better than that idiot.

As for Secretary of State, I might concede we'd find 10 people who believed Rex Tillerson was more qualified than Kerry as Secretary of State.

Do we really need a Dept of Energy, even with uh, ah, uuuuh, whatshisname in charge of it?

Tom
01-21-2017, 10:16 AM
Interestingly he is keeping A LOT of Obama appointees in key administration posts that deal with the war on terror.

I would guess a lot of people on OBama's team are highly qualified and competent people, more so without Obama's handcuffs on them.

My boss's last day was Friday. I am sure our team will get much better results without that a-hole holding everyone back. :D

I think that speaks to Trump's wanting to put together a good team. He said he would reach across the aisle to get things done. Obama never did that.

HalvOnHorseracing
01-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Do we really need a Dept of Energy, even with uh, ah, uuuuh, whatshisname in charge of it?
I'm guessing you and Perry could have a very brief conversation about everything you know about what the DOE does.

Tom
01-21-2017, 11:24 AM
An even shorter one discussing the merits of the DOE as opposed to it's cost.

davew
01-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Read the part about cloture.

Cloture involves filibusters, are you saying every time a bill is on the floor the minority is going to stall so nothing gets passed?

kingfin66
01-21-2017, 01:33 PM
You've told me this twice before...and you've been right all three times. :)

I just appreciate you for not starting that reply with "friend." :ThmbUp:

Tom
01-21-2017, 04:21 PM
Cloture involves filibusters, are you saying every time a bill is on the floor the minority is going to stall so nothing gets passed?

Nothing got passed when the dems were the majority party.
Dems do not give a crap about the country or its citizens.
Out nothing past the dems - they are the party of nothing.

Actor
01-22-2017, 02:30 AM
Cloture involves filibusters, are you saying every time a bill is on the floor the minority is going to stall so nothing gets passed?Didn't the Republicans do exactly that?

I am saying that the minority has a tool at its disposal by which they could delay all legislation indefinitely. I am saying they can use this tool to block the repeal of Obamacare and to block the confirmation of any Trump Supreme Court nominee. I also expect they will obtain some kind of compromise in return for not blocking said repeal and/or said confirmation.

Fact: Only funding bills and confirmations of Presidential nominees other than Supreme Court nominees are immune from filibustering. This means the GOP cannot repeal Obamacare, they can only defund it and they are already doing that. It also means that they can and probably will block the confirmation of any Trump Supreme Court nominee which the Democrats find unacceptable.

Fact: It takes 60 votes for cloture to pass, not 60%. That means if less than 100 senators are present it still takes 60 votes for cloture. Thus if all 51 Republican senators are present and all 49 Democrat senators take the day off the Republicans still do not have the votes required for cloture.

Fact: A senator no longer has to keep talking in order to filibuster. He simply has to announce "I am filibustering this bill." This halts all debate on the bill in question and forestalls any vote. The senator no longer has to read the complete works of William Shakespeare (or whatever) into the Congressional Record in order to filibuster.

Fact: The Vice President or President Pro Tempore of the Senate, whichever happens to be presiding over the Senate at the time, cannot prevent a filibuster by refusing to recognize a senator whom he suspects wants to filibuster. A senator wishing to filibuster can interrupt anyone who has the floor and need only shout "filibuster" loudly enough to be heard.

Fact: It takes a 2/3 vote of senators present to suspend the 60 vote rule, but the motion to suspend the 60 vote rule can be filibustered under the 60 vote rule. I.e., if only 75 senators were present then only 51 votes would be needed for cloture, but 60 votes would still be needed to end a filibuster of of the motion to suspend.

Bottom line: if the Democrats want to block the repeal of Obamacare then can do it for at least the next two years. If the Democrats find that a Trump Supreme Court nominee is unacceptable they can block his confirmation for at least the next two years.

Google it friends, google it.

Thus ends today's civics lesson.

fast4522
01-22-2017, 03:52 AM
google it friends, google it.

Well then, when what you say turns to dust we will tell you the above.

Actor
01-22-2017, 04:39 AM
Well then, when what you say turns to dust we will tell you the above.Right. You do that. :cool:

maddog42
01-23-2017, 10:27 PM
Cnn just called Trump a liar about 5 times over his unsubstantiated claims that 3-5 million illegal votes were cast.

My prediction is that Spicer will not last 1 year as press secretary. He is woefully incompetent.

The US is investigating phone calls between Flynn and the Russians.

At least 1.5 million people protested the day after the inauguration and many protests were held world wide.

I am increasing the likelihood of a Trump impeachment to 15%.

Conservative George Will called Trumps inauguration speech the worst in US history.

johnhannibalsmith
01-23-2017, 11:07 PM

Conservative George Will called Trumps inauguration speech the worst in US history.

He'd know, pretty sure he was around for all of them.

highnote
01-24-2017, 02:49 AM
Trump can improve his approval ratings by leading by example...

classhandicapper
01-24-2017, 09:58 AM
Bottom line: if the Democrats want to block the repeal of Obamacare then can do it for at least the next two years. If the Democrats find that a Trump Supreme Court nominee is unacceptable they can block his confirmation for at least the next two years.

I don't believe the democrats want to block an overhaul of Obamacare. They know it has huge problems. Bill Clinton said as much on the campaign trail and reports on the first meeting between Obama and Trump suggested that Obama made a list of the good parts and parts that need to be redone. So he himself thinks it needs to be overhauled. It's the details of how to do it that are going to be debated and who is going to lie for political gain (here I include CNN, The NY Times, The WaPo, etc.. among the liars).

The Supreme Court could get interesting because Trump is going to appoint a pro life constitutionalist to replace Scalia.

Tom
01-24-2017, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by maddog42

Do you normally agree with everything Will has to say?

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2017, 10:43 AM
The US is investigating phone calls between Flynn and the Russians.How did that turn out?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-reviewed-flynns-calls-with-russian-ambassador-but-found-nothing-illicit/2017/01/23/aa83879a-e1ae-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.456124760bf8

rastajenk
01-24-2017, 11:32 AM
I am increasing the likelihood of a Trump impeachment to 15%.Yeah, that worked so well for the impeachers 20 years ago, why not bump it up to 25, 30...even 50%? Or as they say in poker, All In. :rolleyes:

highnote
01-24-2017, 01:02 PM
So when can we reasonably expect Trump to start manufacturing his products in the U.S.A?

Or is he just another lip-service politician -- do what I say, not what I do?

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2017, 01:14 PM
So nice, you posted it twice. :ThmbUp:

Here's an answer...once Trump makes it economically feasible to manufacture his products in the US again, I'm sure he'll make the switch...then again, he's been forced to take himself out of the decision making process from all his companies, yes? Thus, I guess you can't blame Donald Trump if his clothing stays overseas...not his call anymore...

highnote
01-24-2017, 01:24 PM
So nice, you posted it twice. :ThmbUp:

Here's an answer...once Trump makes it economically feasible to manufacture his products in the US again, I'm sure he'll make the switch...then again, he's been forced to take himself out of the decision making process from all his companies, yes? Thus, I guess you can't blame Donald Trump if his clothing stays overseas...not his call anymore...

That's what I thought people would say -- once it is economically feasible. That's a cop-out.

There is no excuse.

Trump sells high-priced, luxury products. He could have been manufacturing his products here, touting them as made in the USA, and charged a premium price. People would pay a premium price for luxury items made in the U.S.

And yes I posted it twice. I might post it again until people start realizing Trump does a lot of talking. He made Carrier keep jobs in the U.S. before he was elected. He could have brought back all his manufacturing to the U.S. before he was elected.

Believe it or not, there are companies in the U.S. that manufacture here. If there is a will there is a way. He is a hypocrite.

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2017, 01:29 PM
How can he be a hypocrite when he has no say in company business any longer? :faint:

highnote
01-24-2017, 01:38 PM
How can he be a hypocrite when he has no say in company business any longer? :faint:

If he truly believes that U.S. based companies should manufacture in the U.S., he surely has held that belief since before his inauguration. He had plenty of time to find a U.S. based manufacturer to make his products. But no. He sought out a Chinese manufacturer instead. That makes him a hypocrite.

woodtoo
01-24-2017, 01:40 PM
Do you normally agree with everything Will has to say?

George Will is now unemployed from ABC's "This Week" only to be replaced by, of all people Nigel Farage. How Ironic. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2017, 01:46 PM
If he truly believes that U.S. based companies should manufacture in the U.S., he surely has held that belief since before his inauguration. He had plenty of time to find a U.S. based manufacturer to make his products. But no. He sought out a Chinese manufacturer instead. That makes him a hypocrite.If you are to take him at his word, he says the US current manufacturing environment is shit. That's why everyone moved overseas to begin with...became much more attractive business-wise to produce overseas.

One of the reasons he was elected was because he said he was going to change that. Whether he can or not remains to be seen. But why would you expect him to bring his own manufacturing back to the USA if it still hasn't been made economically viable to do so?

He'd be a hypocrite IF it becomes economically viable and he (or his surrogates) STILL refuse to bring it back...

highnote
01-24-2017, 01:53 PM
If you are to take him at his word, he says the US current manufacturing environment is shit. That's why everyone moved overseas to begin with...became much more attractive business-wise to produce overseas.

One of the reasons he was elected was because he said he was going to change that. Whether he can or not remains to be seen. But why would you expect him to bring his own manufacturing back to the USA if it still hasn't been made economically viable to do so?

He'd be a hypocrite IF it becomes economically viable and he (or his surrogates) STILL refuse to bring it back...

No. Wrong. You manufacture here first and make it better. I grew up in a family that manufactured products. Every thing we made was made here in the U.S. even though it could have been done cheaper overseas. Of course, my father was a WWII vet and POW. So he was very pro-American and patriotic. He would never have closed up shop and sent jobs overseas.

Trump is a hypocrite.

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2017, 01:59 PM
No. Wrong. You manufacture here first and make it better. I grew up in a family that manufactured products. Every thing we made was made here in the U.S. even though it could have been done cheaper overseas. Of course, my father was a WWII vet and POW. So he was very pro-American and patriotic. He would never have closed up shop and sent jobs overseas.

Trump is a hypocrite.Did Trump close up shops to move overseas, or did he start overseas to begin with? Not that it makes that much different...jobs are lost either way...just asking...

Clocker
01-24-2017, 02:03 PM
You manufacture here first and make it better.

Why would you care about that if a company off-shore can make it better and cheaper, freeing resources here to do the things that we can do better and allowing us to sell our products and services off-shore?

highnote
01-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Why would you care about that if a company off-shore can make it better and cheaper, freeing resources here to do the things that we can do better and allowing us to sell our products and services off-shore?

Well if that is true then why did Trump strong arm Carrier and Ford to keep their manufacturing jobs in the U.S.?

Why did Trump run on a platform about keeping jobs in the U.S.?

Why does he want to make rules that companies will be forced to follow, yet, feels he doesn't have to follow them?

He's a hypocrite until proven otherwise.

highnote
01-24-2017, 02:11 PM

Sometimes, it is more important to do the right thing for the long-term good of the country.

Clocker
01-24-2017, 02:15 PM
Sometimes, it is more important to do the right thing for the long-term good of the country.

And you know better than the American public what the right thing is?

ReplayRandall
01-24-2017, 02:18 PM

That "line" has been blurred for the last 8 years.....Give it a few months, clarity will soon come back to what is the vision of the "right thing".

Clocker
01-24-2017, 02:21 PM
Well if that is true then why did Trump strong arm Carrier and Ford to keep their manufacturing jobs in the U.S.?

Why did Trump run on a platform about keeping jobs in the U.S.?

Because he does not know history (e.g., the Hoover administration) and does not understand the down side of protectionism.

ReplayRandall
01-24-2017, 02:26 PM
Because he does not know history (e.g., the Hoover administration) and does not understand the down side of protectionism.

When trade and manufacturing is at the extreme polar opposite of protectionism, any movement towards becoming balanced again, is met with strong opposition from those who benefit financially from the current situation.

Clocker
01-24-2017, 02:44 PM
When trade and manufacturing is at the extreme polar opposite of protectionism, any movement towards becoming balanced again, is met with strong opposition from those who benefit financially from the current situation.

Are you claiming that trade and manufacturing are currently at the polar opposite of protectionism?

Hints: US tariffs on Chinese steel can be as much as 500% depending on type. Recent tariffs on imported Japanese trucks have been as high as 25%. The US imposes quotas and tariffs as high as 50% on imported sugar.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/18/news/us-steel-china-trade/ (http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/18/news/us-steel-china-trade/)

highnote
01-24-2017, 02:47 PM

Obviously.

ReplayRandall
01-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Are you claiming that trade and manufacturing are currently at the polar opposite of protectionism?

Hints: US tariffs on Chinese steel can be as much as 500% depending on type. Recent tariffs on imported Japanese trucks have been as high as 25%. The US imposes quotas and tariffs as high as 50% on imported sugar.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/18/news/us-steel-china-trade/ (http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/18/news/us-steel-china-trade/)

Yeah, pick out the exceptions to what I've said, makes for a great conversation...:rolleyes:

HalvOnHorseracing
01-24-2017, 04:26 PM
What elements of the cost of production are so much less that a company would choose to manufacture overseas? We know it isn't transportation cost. It may be the cost of materials if the raw materials are local to the new location (think of textiles moving from New England to the South), but if you are looking at something like the iPhone, the materials are coming from all over the place so that's not it. If you are looking at cars assembled in Mexico, most of the parts are coming from U.S. companies so local parts availability can't be the answer. Companies are willing to incur much larger transportation costs to manufacture overseas. So what does that leave?

In order for companies to move manufacturing back to the U.S. they either have to find a way to reduce the domestic cost of production or convince shareholders to accept a lower profit margin. You can reduce the domestic cost of production the way Carrier is doing it - increase mechanization. Obviously you would be replacing labor with mechanization so the job creation aspect may be a lot less than you'd want. Even so, it may still be in the company's profit interest to stay overseas.

The Trump plan to assign tariffs to imports, aside from being a bad idea, simply won't work for a myriad of reasons, some of which Clocker has already noted. The theory - change the cost of production to make it cheaper to locate domestically - is the dream of those who know no better. In the end, the tariffs from offshore goods as well as the higher prices associated with domestic companies that move back are paid for by - that's right - domestic consumers. And for those who took an intro to Econ course, higher prices should reduce demand, a trend that would ultimately result in - that's right - laying off workers. Or, if the offshore producers decide to get out of the U.S. market, supply would be short driving up prices, reducing demand and laying off workers.

The key to a good consumer economy is competition. Tariffs will reduce competition. I'd like to know if the same poor consumers will be ok with that outcome?

There has been a lot of talk about regulations being a prime reason for companies moving. I'll be interested to see which regulations are targeted and whether that will make a big difference.

For all those who point to Carrier or Ford, the fact is those decisions were ultimately made a while ago and are really a drop of water in the ocean for those companies. You'll get some small numbers here and there, but any companies moving back will only do so if they can maintain profits to shareholders. I don't know how many companies will fall into that category, but I don't think it will be a huge number.

For those who say give Trump a chance, it is the same as saying I don't believe history (with regard to tariffs) and economics are going to behave as they always have. If the best he's got is strong arming companies and tariffs, I'm not seeing the massive turnaround.

JustRalph
01-24-2017, 04:41 PM
Trump is not a hypocrite.

He has said since early on that he produces his stuff overseas because of the poor climate here for business. He specifically answered this question early on about his ties.

This has been hashed over already

fast4522
01-24-2017, 05:27 PM
JR is correct, the Obama policy's advantaged business outside the United States to the point of being hostile for those here at home. Investment went to business climates more friendly, Obama's overall belief of wealth redistribution. To Trump this was a direct attack on his family and his empire, there is little doubt why Trump went after Obama as soon as he became President. Running for President Trump tells the world his business and holdings are worth in excess of ten billion dollars, he left counters that then a Mr Trump's wealth is less than half of what he stated as another ploy to get view his tax returns. I am willing to bet that his profits outside these United States will be in excess of ten billion alone. The one caveat to that is that world markets do not crash, doubling growth in the United States will effect the world positively. Like the ultimate CEO if he pulls things off and makes these United States great again his family will be rewarded way way beyond any bean counter could imagine. Just like a CEO who fails there is no reward. Now some of you think something is wrong with that, myself I am rooting for the Trump family as well as these United States.

HalvOnHorseracing
01-24-2017, 05:32 PM
Trump is not a hypocrite.

He has said since early on that he produces his stuff overseas because of the poor climate here for business. He specifically answered this question early on about his ties.

This has been hashed over already
I don't think the poor climate here is the reason he manufactures overseas, although I'd love to hear what burdensome regulations make it difficult to make ties in America. You're drinking the Kool-Aid if you think that business decision had anything to do with anything other than the cost of making a tie in China or Mexico. Bad business climate is a total dodge.

Yeah he answered the question, mostly with BS. The answer was never any more complex than the fact that it is cheaper to manufacture overseas BECAUSE LABOR COSTS ARE SUBSTANTIALLY CHEAPER, about 97% of textiles are manufactured overseas, and that if Trump wanted to be competitive, he was forced to do the same. This article lays it out.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/05/trumps-made-in-the-u-s-a-spin/

reckless
01-24-2017, 05:58 PM

So I gather the downside of free market globalism is OK then? This part is always ignored when people bash Trump on his trade policies and goals.

The US trade deficit has been grown every year for the past 40 + years ever since the Fortune 500 companies and the local Chamber of Commerce bought off the DC politicians and destroyed our manufacturing industry.

This resulted in the destruction and screwing over of our skilled and respected blue collar wage earner-class and replaced them today with unskilled, basically ignorant laborers from 3rd World nations such as Mexico.

This country is way better off with someone as 'dumb' as Trump is right now, than it's been these past 40+ years with the smarty pants and know-it-alls from the Yale Law School and the Harvard Business School.

(clocker, there was also a world-wide depression in full steam when Hoover instituted his trade tariffs. Though he gets most of the blame, Hoover alone wasn't responsible for the Depression, especially by instituting trade tariiffs. The Federal Reserve had tightened the money supply which cause way more damage to the economy than any tariff.)

Clocker
01-24-2017, 07:16 PM
So I gather the downside of free market globalism is OK then? This part is always ignored when people bash Trump on his trade policies and goals.

There are no such things as free markets. Some markets are freer than others. It is not bashing to point out reality.

The reality is that global markets are an inevitable fact of modern life. Without more or less free trade, consumer prices in this country would be much higher, placing a serious burden on lower and middle class workers. People in the Trump camp have acknowledged that Trump's tariff proposals would raise the cost of basic consumer goods by 10-15%.

Restrictions on trade would also greatly harm many of our largest corporations and employers. Our big corporations could not exist without foreign markets in which to sell their products. The US market is just not large enough to support those companies and the jobs they provide. In addition, many large US exporters are also some of the largest importers in this country, importing inputs needed to produce outputs that they export. Restrictions or tariffs on what those companies import will hurt their ability to compete in their export markets.

Trump proposes to make our markets less free than they are. That would help some industries and some jobs, but would harm many other industries and jobs that now rely on global trade. I have seen no evidence that the overall effect would be good for the people who end up paying for it, the American consumers.

johnhannibalsmith
01-24-2017, 07:27 PM
...I have seen no evidence that the overall effect would be good for the people who end up paying for it, the American consumers.

You mean charge it. Double the upside!

Clocker
01-25-2017, 01:33 AM
Obviously.

So you think that the American public is too stupid to know what is good for them, and needs elites to tell them what they should do?

How very progressive of you.

Tom
01-25-2017, 07:26 AM
Sausage is best judged by tasting it, not by watching it being made. :p

maddog42
01-25-2017, 09:17 AM
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/24/1624660/-MY-New-York-Magazine-scoop-Trump-aides-can-t-stop-blabbing-about-how-he-s-a-madman-title-changed

The Post’s story is chock-full of remarkable details. To list just a few:

1. After forcing Spicer to baldly lie to the White House press corps (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/the-trump-white-house-is-already-disseminating-propaganda.html) about the size of his inauguration crowd, the president fumed that his press secretary’s performance was “not forceful enough.” According to Axios (https://www.axios.com/axios-am-2211163642.html), Trump was also incensed by Spicer’s poor taste in suits, and is already considering treating the former RNC staffer to his signature catchphrase (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R1vT87nrUQ).

2. Trump already “feels demoralized that the public’s perception of his presidency so far does not necessarily align with his own sense of accomplishment.”

3. Some Trump aides think Kellyanne Conway (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/kellyanne-conway-reportedly-punched-a-man-at-inaugural-ball.html) is trying to undermine Spicer so as to steal his job.

4. Jared Kushner (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/jared-kushner-trump-administration-power.html) tried to prevent Conway from being invited into the White House at all, because he viewed her “as a possible threat to his role as Trump’s chief consigliere.”

Spicer may not last out the month. He dresses poorly and cannot lie convincingly.
Kellyanne Conway is a much better paid liar and she WILL get his job.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/trump-aides-cant-stop-blabbing-about-how-hes-a-madman.html

maddog42
01-25-2017, 09:27 AM
The president is a 70-year-old child (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/trump-is-twilight-zone-episode-about-terrifying-6-year-old.html) whose TV time must be closely monitored — because any news story that upsets his ego will trigger a temper tantrum followed by irrational demands that his indulgent, overwhelmed guardians will be helpless to refuse (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/the-trump-white-house-is-already-disseminating-propaganda.html).

We have elected a madman and more and more people are starting to accept this fact.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/trump-aides-cant-stop-blabbing-about-how-hes-a-madman.html

Grits
01-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Spicer may not last out the month. He dresses poorly and cannot lie convincingly. Kellyanne Conway is a much better paid liar and she WILL get his job.

Not happening. She's a baffoon, the worst thing his campaign, his administration has yet rolled out. Her decision to create the term, alternative facts, proved so beyond any doubt. (If there ever was one.)

In a nutshell, the reality is simple. He'll climb a tree to tell a lie before he'll stand on the ground to tell the truth. She'll swear to anything that comes out of his mouth. :faint:

He needs to move on with business, these investigations he's announcing are clutter. Voter fraud, bigger crowds, etc. .... No. Just do the job. I've come to the conclusion I can handle 4 years of Trump far better than I can handle 4 years of Conway. :bang:

maddog42
01-25-2017, 09:50 AM
Not happening. She's a baffoon, the worst thing his campaign, his administration has yet rolled out. Her decision to create the term, alternative facts, proved so beyond any doubt. (If there ever was one.)

In a nutshell, the reality is simple. He'll climb a tree to tell a lie before he'll stand on the ground to tell the truth. She'll swear to anything that comes out of his mouth. :faint:

He needs to move on with business, these investigations he's announcing are clutter. Voter fraud, bigger crowds, etc. .... No. Just do the job. I've come to the conclusion I can handle 4 years of Trump far better than I can handle 4 years of Conway. :bang:

I don't have enough info to tell if you are right. But remember that Conway has been doing this for a months and has had much more rope to hang herself. Spicer just a few days. She has faced the media a few hundred times and has made bigger screw-ups, but give Spicer time.

Tom
01-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Give the media time. I would have thrown out that idiot who asked if they would be told the truth.

Anyone who doubts that has no business in that room.
Spicer should have asked him he would report the truth.
Unlikely.

The press should be treated like trash, which what most of them are.

Grits
01-25-2017, 10:07 AM
I don't have enough info to tell if you are right. But remember that Conway has been doing this for a months and has had much more rope to hang herself. Spicer just a few days. She has faced the media a few hundred times and has made bigger screw-ups, but give Spicer time.

My mom reminded me last night that she has been around a really long time. Too, recall that she was aligned with Cruz until Trump began gaining steam. As the old saying goes, "you got the money, I got the time."

Now, she has secret service protection due to death threats. People have problems with liars.

In the 1990s, Conway, along with other young conservative women, Laura Ingraham (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Ingraham), Barbara Olsen (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Olsen) and Ann Coulter (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter), helped turn punditry into “stylish stardom” in both Washington and cable television (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_television) She and her fellow conservative women commentators were referred to as a "pundettes".[16] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway#cite_note-COUR-16)[17] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway#cite_note-WP1-17) As she put it, however, her "broad mind and small waist have not switched places"[18] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway#cite_note-NYM-18)

Among the political figures Conway worked for were Congressman Jack Kemp (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kemp); Senator Fred Thompson (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Thompson);[14] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway#cite_note-conwaybio-14) former Vice President Dan Quayle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Quayle);[19] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway#cite_note-QuayleFarewell-19) Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich); and Congressman (now Vice President) Mike Pence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pence).[15] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway#cite_note-NY_KC.27s_PM-15) She worked as the senior advisor to Gingrich during his unsuccessful 2012 United States presidential election campaign.;[20] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway#cite_note-Fox_News_Insider-20) another client in 2012 was U.S. Senate candidate Todd Akin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Akin).[21] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway#cite_note-NYMag1-21)

ElKabong
01-25-2017, 10:54 AM
Elections do have consequences, one of which is butt hurt apparently.

Conway was instrumental in the trump win (have neither the time nor inclination to detail) I can see why this is of great pain to some. Just let it go.

After four years I predict you'll get revenge because trump likely won't want to serve until he's 78, and, the dems will actually run a candidate that can fog a mirror and not pass out on the streets of New York, then disappear for a week or more. All it took was a live body that could campaign without collapsing on the streets on New York... The dems couldn't even accomplish that much.

The best candidate won. You guys and gals may not like trump but at least we don't have a Potus that "earned" her presidency via a fixed primary election.

jk3521
01-25-2017, 01:05 PM
Elections do have consequences, one of which is butt hurt apparently.

Conway was instrumental in the trump win (have neither the time nor inclination to detail) I can see why this is of great pain to some. Just let it go.

After four years I predict you'll get revenge because trump likely won't want to serve until he's 78, and, the dems will actually run a candidate that can fog a mirror and not pass out on the streets of New York, then disappear for a week or more. All it took was a live body that could campaign without collapsing on the streets on New York... The dems couldn't even accomplish that much.

The best candidate won. You guys and gals may not like trump but at least we don't have a Potus that "earned" her presidency via a fixed primary election.

Donald Trump was the best candidate for this country in these times. I also think that he will not run for a second term . I don't think it is in him to stay on one project for longer than one term. A combination of frustration that his plans will not succeed in "making America great again" and a feeling of stagnation will take it's toll.

( I also predicted that Trump would win the popular vote and lose the electoral college vote, oh well )

reckless
01-25-2017, 02:11 PM
Good luck with all your predictions about Trump failing. Just don't bet any real money on this happening.

PowerUpPaynter
01-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Good day,

Liberals have ZERO power and are all losing there mind. It absolutely hilarious to watch. Our Brexit.

Cheers

Tom
01-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Donald Trump was the best candidate for this country in these times. I also think that he will not run for a second term

At the pace he's setting this week, he won't have anything left to do in a second term!

maddog42
01-25-2017, 02:47 PM
http://www.iflscience.com/environment/trump-administration-orders-communications-blackout-for-us-scientists/

The Ministry of Truth is being setup.

"Science and reason are up for one hell of a fight under the Trump administration. We now live in the Orwellian world of “alternative facts”, which are like facts, but bullshit. It’s surely only a matter of time before the Ministry of Truth is set up."

maddog42
01-25-2017, 03:14 PM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-negative-press-means-he-cant-enjoy-white-house

Poor Baby.

ElKabong
01-25-2017, 03:50 PM
"Two anonymous sources"... Wow mad dog, you're really providing us a scoop here....

fast4522
01-25-2017, 04:48 PM
The Official Trump Collapsing Thread

Well then, for those of you who favor the policy's of yesterday we can only say sorry but you not only lost but big time. For those of you who will not look for the good that will come from this new President and his administration I feel sorry for you. All of your pissing and moaning that you will share here for the next eight years I say I hope that you are young and get to see the next President. Remember though we view failure as not being an option because we are going to get things done regardless of what you do not want. For those who are willing to have a wait and see attitude I would suggest let us hope this new President becomes very effective in killing millions of terrorists and their ability to pull any bullshit here on our soil. That there is my minimum that I expect, but realistically expect much much more. In another thread I read a story from a father who has been impacted by his son severely injured by some idiot. I in no way think we can stop idiots from being themselves, but think jobs will have many becoming too busy from learning how to become a bigger idiots. So if we become more secure and have more jobs we will be doing better than the last 20 years.

johnhannibalsmith
01-25-2017, 05:08 PM
Pretty hard to believe some of the crazy stuff you read here considering what some of the authors have diligently spent the last eight years doing.

reckless
01-25-2017, 05:17 PM
The public meltdown coming from the media is a riot.

I've loved every single minute of all this ever since President Donald J. Trump descended down the escalator... but nothing more so satisfying than their behavior these past five days alone.

The deranged mainstream 'journalists' hasn't forgotten a single thing about this President and his campaign and movement, but most importantly, hasn't learned a single thing from it as well.

JustRalph
01-25-2017, 05:19 PM
Wholesale freak out on twitter about sanctuary cities

davew
01-25-2017, 05:26 PM
"Two anonymous sources"... Wow mad dog, you're really providing us a scoop here....

For most of the press, that is the same as unanimous. They will add that to their first 100 days segments, saying how bad Trump is doing.

maddog42
01-25-2017, 06:29 PM

If you are referring to IFL Science, this is the first political post I have ever seen from them. Unless you think a pro global warming article is political.

maddog42
01-25-2017, 06:35 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2017/01/trump-has-already-cracked-down-epa-and-usda

Trump Just Ordered Government Scientists to Hide Facts From the Public

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-administration-restricts-news-from-federal-scientists-at-usda-epa/

"Of course, it remains unclear exactly how far-ranging the contract suspension is—and that brings us to another move from the White House: a media blackout. The Huffington Post's Kate Sheppard got hold of an internal EPA email (http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2017/01/trump-epa-gag-order) sent to staff Monday blocking all press releases, social-media messages, and blog posts. As for answering queries from journalists, "Incoming media requests will be carefully screened," the email stated. My own calls and emails to EPA spokespeople on Tuesday went unanswered."

JustRalph
01-25-2017, 07:11 PM
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2017/01/trump-has-already-cracked-down-epa-and-usda

Trump Just Ordered Government Scientists to Hide Facts From the Public

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-administration-restricts-news-from-federal-scientists-at-usda-epa/

"Of course, it remains unclear exactly how far-ranging the contract suspension is—and that brings us to another move from the White House: a media blackout. The Huffington Post's Kate Sheppard got hold of an internal EPA email (http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2017/01/trump-epa-gag-order) sent to staff Monday blocking all press releases, social-media messages, and blog posts. As for answering queries from journalists, "Incoming media requests will be carefully screened," the email stated. My own calls and emails to EPA spokespeople on Tuesday went unanswered."

Shut em down!

tucker6
01-25-2017, 07:38 PM
If you are referring to IFL Science, this is the first political post I have ever seen from them. Unless you think a pro global warming article is political.
97% of pro global warming articles are political.

Clocker
01-25-2017, 07:40 PM
New management is coming in, and employees are directed to not speak publicly as employees of the agency.

Wow, I bet that never happened in any other local, state or federal government agency, let alone a private sector company. Doesn't the First Amendment protect the right of anyone to publicly speak out as a representative of his or her employer?

ElKabong
01-25-2017, 07:44 PM

No. I was replying to your post about 'trump not being able to enjoy' his time in the White House. Pure nonsense. No direct quotes, just unnamed sources.

Say hello to Dan Rather and Mary Mapes for us :)

Clocker
01-25-2017, 08:00 PM
Say hello to Dan Rather and Mary Mapes for us :)

Dan Rather lectures White House about use of "alternative facts". I guess he would be considered a credible source on the issue. :D

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/01/25/dan-rather-is-lecturing-about-alternative-facts-n2276693

Ocala Mike
01-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Doesn't the First Amendment protect the right of anyone to publicly speak out as a representative of his or her employer?

I think not. It only protects your private utterances, writings, etc. There is no freedom of speech on the job.

johnhannibalsmith
01-25-2017, 08:19 PM
I think not. It only protects your private utterances, writings, etc. There is no freedom of speech on the job.

He forgot the sarcasm tags.

Clocker
01-25-2017, 08:55 PM
He forgot the sarcasm tags.

Thanks, coach. If they had sarcasm tags or icons here, they would be quickly worn out. ;)

ReplayRandall
01-25-2017, 08:59 PM
Thanks, coach. If they had sarcasm tags or icons here, they would be quickly worn out. ;)
Really??..:rolleyes:..:rolleyes:..:rolleyes:..

Clocker
01-25-2017, 09:04 PM
Really??..:rolleyes:..:rolleyes:..:rolleyes:..

No, not really. I was being sarcastic. :cool:

HalvOnHorseracing
01-26-2017, 11:06 AM
EPA's Scientific Integrity Policy

https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2014-02/documents/scientific_integrity_policy_2012.pdf`

Prohibits managers and other Agency leadership from intimidating or coercing scientists to alter scientific data, findings, or professional opinions or inappropriately influencing scientific advisory boards. In addition, policy makers shall not knowingly misrepresent, exaggerate, or downplay areas of scientific uncertainty associated with policy decisions.

maddog42
01-27-2017, 02:22 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/4859379-155/garrison-keillor-help-us-gop-youre

Everyone knows that the man is a fabulator, oblivious, trapped in his own terrible needs. Republican, Democrat, libertarian, socialist, white supremacist or sebaceous cyst — everyone knows it. It is up to Republicans to save the country from this man. They elected him, and it is their duty to tie a rope around his ankle. They formed a solid bloc against President Obama and held their ranks, and now, for revenge, they will go after health insurance subsidies for people of limited means, which is one of the cruelest things they can possibly do. Dishwashers and cleaning ladies need heart surgery, too.

Tom
01-27-2017, 02:33 PM
It's the little orange man from Queens New York.
Go Donald, Go Donald, Go Donald go!

Yahooooooo!

woodtoo
01-27-2017, 02:45 PM
Trumps no huddle offence "Omaha 4 Obama 0"

maddog42
01-28-2017, 09:47 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-mccain-idUSKBN15B1V9

Tom
01-28-2017, 09:55 AM
McCain has nothing to offer.
McCain is a loser and irrelevant to today' world.

funny how you keep posting bad things said about Trump from right-wingers.....like you really hang your hat on conservative viewpoints. :lol: :lol: :lol:

maddog42
01-28-2017, 10:42 AM
McCain has nothing to offer.
McCain is a loser and irrelevant to today' world.

funny how you keep posting bad things said about Trump from right-wingers.....like you really hang your hat on conservative viewpoints. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I see someone from the same party Dem or Repub differing from the party line, I really think they BELIEVE it and it isn't just politics. McCain doesn't like the Russians and doesn't trust them.

woodtoo
01-28-2017, 11:06 AM
When I see someone from the same party Dem or Repub differing from the party line, I really think they BELIEVE it and it isn't just politics. McCain doesn't like the Russians and doesn't trust them.
He loves terrorists and refujihads.

reckless
01-28-2017, 11:14 AM

McCain also doesn't like conservatives. McCain also hates people that aren't war mongers such as himself.

Tom
01-28-2017, 11:23 AM

Russians, Russians,Russians.
You got Russians under your bed.
Trump is not controlled by Russians and he is not a Rusky-lover.
Wake up and grow up.

maddog42
01-28-2017, 11:27 AM
Russians, Russians,Russians.
You got Russians under your bed.
Trump is not controlled by Russians and he is not a Rusky-lover.
Wake up and grow up.

If Obama was doing this you would be running around calling him
Commie, Commie
Commie. Commie
Commie, Commie
Commie. CommieCommie, Commie
Commie. Commie.

maddog42
01-28-2017, 11:45 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/opinion/a-lie-by-any-other-name.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

"Donald Trump is a proven liar. He lies often and effortlessly. He lies about the profound and the trivial. He lies to avoid guilt and invite glory. He lies when his pride is injured and when his pomposity is challenged."

PaceAdvantage
01-28-2017, 02:18 PM
Politicians are nothing but liars...we all know this...so why all the angst? You should be used to it, after Obama, by now... :lol:

fast4522
01-28-2017, 02:27 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/opinion/a-lie-by-any-other-name.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

"Donald Trump is a proven liar. He lies often and effortlessly. He lies about the profound and the trivial. He lies to avoid guilt and invite glory. He lies when his pride is injured and when his pomposity is challenged."

He is checking off as he fulfills what he campaigned on, just TFB it drives a stake into the liberals hearts. The only thing the GOP needs to remember is we have the chance to send liberalism into the stone age.

davew
01-28-2017, 02:38 PM
Commie, Commie
Commie. Commie
Commie, Commie
Commie. Commie.

probably not, more likely
Muslim, Muslim
Muslim, Muslim
Muslim, Muslim
Muslim, Muslim, Muslim, Muslim
Muslim, Muslim
Muslim, Muslim

JustRalph
01-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Saw this headline.

"Trump is actually doing what he said he would do!"

Amazing thing, that headline.......

Tom
01-28-2017, 05:41 PM

If OBama were doing what, exactly?
In your version of reality, just what is it you THINK Trump is doing?

Give me 10 while I go make some more popcorn before you answer......

maddog42
01-28-2017, 06:08 PM
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316595-mcconnell-warns-trump-dont-lift-russia-sanctions

Trump is about to perform oral sex on Putin again.

Tom
01-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Jealous?

woodtoo
01-28-2017, 06:29 PM
Trump is genius he bought the domain pussyhat.com & has it redirecting to
whitehouse.com. :lol:

woodtoo
01-28-2017, 06:34 PM
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/316595-mcconnell-warns-trump-dont-lift-russia-sanctions

Trump is about to perform oral sex on Putin again.
He is living in your head.....rent free. How does it feel?

maddog42
01-28-2017, 06:36 PM
Jealous?

I would be happy to bend Putin over and give him what he deserves. But the other? Not so much.

PaceAdvantage
01-28-2017, 06:39 PM

Trump is about to perform oral sex on Putin again.And they say it's the right wingers here who post awful things...

PaceAdvantage
01-28-2017, 06:40 PM
Jealous?Nominated as the best reply of 2017....thus far anyway...although there was another one just the other day that would give this one a run for its money...but all in all, solid entry for year end honors... :lol:

maddog42
01-28-2017, 06:47 PM
Nominated as the best reply of 2017....thus far anyway...although there was another one just the other day that would give this one a run for its money...but all in all, solid entry for year end honors... :lol:

If I was a homophobic nut bag, it would be a great reply. As it is just humorous.

maddog42
01-28-2017, 06:48 PM
http://billmoyers.com/story/none-dare-call-treason/

EasyGoer89
01-28-2017, 06:52 PM

More fake news?

EasyGoer89
01-28-2017, 07:03 PM
Trump is an incredible God in the face of all these idiots he IS making us safer. Keep out the people who have anger in their hearts towards America why is this so hard to understand!

Clocker
01-28-2017, 07:29 PM

Now that the CIA has determined that the Russians intervened in the presidential election to help Trump win...

This has been proven? And there is evidence of Trump's complicity?

From the US Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

The article makes no attempt to show that Trump is guilty of treason as defined under law.

Since the US is not officially in a state of war against any country, I would guess we have no "Enemies" under law. That would include Russia. If we have any "Enemies" in a virtual sense, one at the top of the list would be Iran. While certain recent US officials certainly gave "Aid and Comfort" to Iran, Trump was not one of those.

The Democrats have to man up and face reality one of these days. Trump got elected for one reason, and one reason only. As bad a candidate as he was, the Dems put up someone worse. As one conservative blogger put it recently in an open letter to the losers, you people on the left created this Frankenstein monster, now you have to deal with it.

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-28-2017, 07:41 PM
Trump is an incredible God in the face of all these idiots he IS making us safer. Keep out the people who have anger in their hearts towards America why is this so hard to understand!

That says it all!!!! Sick and tired about worrying about the rights of people that either hate us or want to exploit us.

Tom
01-28-2017, 07:49 PM
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-28-2017, 07:50 PM

DAMN Tom can't you warn us with these horrible pictures!!!! LOL

johnhannibalsmith
01-28-2017, 10:46 PM
Oooh I got one for the thread:

The American Civil Liberties Union announced Saturday evening that a federal court in New York had issued an emergency stay on President Trump’s executive order banning immigration from seven predominantly Muslim countries. The court’s decision, which will affect people who have been detained in airports, came after the ACLU and other activist groups filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of two Iraqis who were held at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York as a result of the order.

“I hope Trump enjoys losing. He’s going to lose so much we’re going to get sick and tired of his losing,” ACLU national political director Faiz Shakir told Yahoo News shortly after the decision was announced.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/aclu-wins-legal-challenge-against-immigration-ban-hope-trump-enjoys-losing-024846291.html

EasyGoer89
01-29-2017, 02:47 AM
Oooh I got one for the thread:

The American Civil Liberties Union announced Saturday evening that a federal court in New York had issued an emergency stay on President Trump’s executive order banning immigration from seven predominantly Muslim countries. The court’s decision, which will affect people who have been detained in airports, came after the ACLU and other activist groups filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of two Iraqis who were held at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York as a result of the order.

“I hope Trump enjoys losing. He’s going to lose so much we’re going to get sick and tired of his losing,” ACLU national political director Faiz Shakir told Yahoo News shortly after the decision was announced.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/aclu-wins-legal-challenge-against-immigration-ban-hope-trump-enjoys-losing-024846291.html

Faiz will be on the losing side of history. The Internet and tens of millions of Trump enthusiasts won't forget either.

Dahoss2002
01-29-2017, 03:38 AM
Faiz will be on the losing side of history. The Internet and tens of millions of Trump enthusiasts won't forget either.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

reckless
01-29-2017, 10:10 AM

The author is a Norman Lear fellow for Entertainment... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The link is from Bill Moyers' web site .... Moyers was a Special Assistant to LBJ .... as such, Moyers would regularly call and harangue National media reporters, columnists and journalists about the sexual exploits of politicians, but most especially those who were closeted homosexuals, married or single. Moyers was also the one responsible for regularly telling reporters that Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. 'simply loved white women' and frequently had white mistresses.

Moyers has been a creep of the first order his entire political life beginning in the early 1960s.

Granted, Moyers simply linked it from another website, but that alone doesn't absolve Moyers since he's a de-facto spokesman of the Russia hacked the election stupidity.

Plus the author credits Nate Silver, of all people, in trying to make a point. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess that part is fitting since it's a yucks and Entertainment Fellow who is crediting a real joke, Nate Silver, in an anti-Trump column sprinkled with hilarious memes top to bottom.

What all these deranged, small minded, lunatic liberals and Democrats fail to comprehend is this: the left wing social and economic policies of Obama and Hillary were on trial in the Election of 2016. For 8 years plus these liberal politicians, globalists and know-it-all elites in academia took away basic individual freedoms, put religion on trial, gave away our sovereignty of the borders, debased our culture and nearly doomed forever the Great Experiment called the United States of America.

All of this, and more, was on trial on Nov. 8, 2016 and the American people rejected this and emphatically rejected those that promoted it.

maddog42
02-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Trump is easily the most deceitful President in many years.

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/what-donald-trump-lied-about-this-week?mbid=social_facebook&mbid=social_facebook&mbid=social_facebook

Tom
02-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Teen Vogue?

What, no Tiger Beat material?

maddog42
02-11-2017, 07:14 AM
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2017/02/10/sudden-respect-cnn-now-enamored-possible-tea-party-left-angry-town

Maybe you guys on the right haven't noticed.

maddog42
02-11-2017, 07:23 AM
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/02/leading-gop-strategist-labels-trump-supporters-traitors.html

Tom
02-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Now, maddog.....post on PA, post on PA, post on PA

Gop Strategist Calls Trump a Traitor

JustRalph
02-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Trump is easily the most deceitful President in many years.

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/what-donald-trump-lied-about-this-week?mbid=social_facebook&mbid=social_facebook&mbid=social_facebook

Now your sensitive to lies? After Obama told us we could keep our Doctor? Save $2500 a year and much more.......?

Then you nominated the greatest lying family in the history of the world?

You're a joke

JustRalph
02-11-2017, 05:18 PM
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/02/leading-gop-strategist-labels-trump-supporters-traitors.html

**** him......

When both sides are coming after you.....you must be doing something right. I really wasn't on the Trump train, but I am now. The more the media and so called Repubs go after him, the more I like him

fast4522
02-11-2017, 05:28 PM
Because having nothing to say that is relevant that counters the facts our left leaning posters here have the old Kool-Aid comeback.

maddog42
02-14-2017, 09:10 PM
How did that turn out?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-reviewed-flynns-calls-with-russian-ambassador-but-found-nothing-illicit/2017/01/23/aa83879a-e1ae-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.456124760bf8

Mike was asking me how the Flynn investigation turned out about 2 weeks ago.

maddog42
02-15-2017, 06:22 AM
Mike was asking me how the Flynn investigation turned out about 2 weeks ago.

Not so good.

jk3521
02-15-2017, 09:05 AM
This is what you get when you mix "reality t.v. " with politics.

PaceAdvantage
02-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Not so good.It's interesting you bring this back up. I wonder how in that article the FBI states nothing illicit and no wrongdoing, but now all of a sudden it's the reverse?

JustRalph
02-16-2017, 11:58 AM
Collapsed all the way down to 55% approval

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb16

VigorsTheGrey
02-16-2017, 01:50 PM
Because having nothing to say that is relevant that counters the facts our left leaning posters here have the old Kool-Aid comeback.

Love it...! You made my day...where did you find this image....?
Art mirrors life....perfect.

reckless
02-16-2017, 01:50 PM
Trump giving another sensational press conference this afternoon.
He's ripping into lying phony press. He just mentioned this moment that Hillary gave 20 percent of our uranium to russia.

I guess he's gonna collapse some more now. :lol:

fast4522
02-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Love it...! You made my day...where did you find this image....?
Art mirrors life....perfect.

Often an image says a story, I see such an image I scoop it and put it into a folder on my desktop called Pegs. During something I post I look into the pegs folder for something to what I am thinking about at the time. Where I got it slips me because it was probably sitting inside the folder for months. Once I post the jpeg I delete it so the next content could be different. Not what you asked for, but what I have. Is that Barney under that mushroom, can't quite make who it is?

elysiantraveller
02-16-2017, 02:26 PM
He's ripping into lying phony press. He just mentioned this moment that Hillary gave 20 percent of our uranium to russia.

He's a nut...

I really have no idea what I just saw...

OntheRail
02-16-2017, 02:34 PM
He's a nut...

No worry... for you CNN will tell you what to think you saw.

Come back after you ingest their learned opinion.. ;)

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2017, 02:35 PM
He's a nut...

I really have no idea what I just saw...You saw the reason why he won. It's something you admit yourself, that you are clueless about.

It's a clash of cultures between those who see and those who can't see.

It's a clash of cultures between the brainwashed ("This is the way it must be, has been, and should always be") and those who more forgiving when it comes to "style points" and focus more intently on bottom line results.

In other words, the people who voted for Trump don't care how he gets to where he's going, as long as he eventually gets there.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2017, 02:39 PM
You saw the reason why he won. It's something you admit yourself, that you are clueless about.

It's a clash of cultures between the brainwashed ("This is the way it must be, has been, and should always be") and those who more forgiving when it comes to "style points" and focus more intently on bottom line results.

In other words, the people who voted for Trump don't care how he gets to where he's going, as long as he eventually gets there.

Perhaps...

I didn't know he ever got to a bottom line. It seemed largely incoherent.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2017, 02:42 PM
Perhaps...

I didn't know he ever got to a bottom line. It seemed largely incoherent.I wasn't talking about the bottom line of the press conference. I'm talking about the bottom line when it comes to the things he campaigned on...

As long as he works towards accomplishing his campaign promises, there's a segment of the population that doesn't care how he acts or what he says on his way there...

If enough people cared about the his delivery during public events, they never would have elected him in the first place.

We get it...he goes off on tangents and can't help but promote himself to the point of ridiculousness...but it doesn't matter.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2017, 02:44 PM
I wasn't talking about the bottom line of the press conference. I'm talking about the bottom line when it comes to the things he campaigned on...

As long as he works towards accomplishing his campaign promises, there's a segment of the population that doesn't care how he acts or what he says on his way there...

If enough people cared about his delivery, they never would have elected him in the first place.

I'm not really trying to pick a fight over this. It was largely incoherent rambling today as we've all come to expect it as the norm.

I understand your substance over style argument too... I just don't see the substance.

FantasticDan
02-16-2017, 02:55 PM
It was largely incoherent rambling today as we've all come to expect it as the norm.It would have been less embarrassing if he had gone out there, sat on a stool, and made fart noises with his armpit.

Then again, it was the intellectual equivalent of that..

The man's unhinged.

Ocala Mike
02-16-2017, 02:59 PM
Summary of presser - "I'm a really great guy with a really great family and a really great administration and the press should stop saying mean, nasty things about me (except Fox and Friends can keep doing what they're doing)".

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2017, 03:26 PM
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...works both way...you do know that...

Unhinged is the perfect word for the opposition as well.

PaceAdvantage
02-16-2017, 03:26 PM
I just don't see the substance.Oh, I'm sorry...what are we, less than a month into this? :lol:

elysiantraveller
02-16-2017, 03:53 PM
Oh, I'm sorry...what are we, less than a month into this? :lol:

He did run for office or does he get a fresh clock to come up with something "terrific" to replace the ACA?

CincyHorseplayer
02-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Listening to Trump he is so unpolished it cannot be disingenuous! A little vanity, not a terribly great vocabulary, these are the things the haters pander to, to make "The story". I get it but I think their interpretation is far more deep end unnecessary than the presidents human quirks. The former is deliberately destructive. The latter is mere honesty of personality. Getting into red tape about electoral college numbers they think belie a deeper evil. It's BS IMO. I thought the PC today was necessary and solid. He spoke and I think fielded 45 minutes of questions from e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y. Anyway for all that it was good to see and hear the message and the big picture. This infatuation with the "Process" abstracts from that even if he stokes the fire. Sticking to the economy and the actual happenings I thought was refreshing from the soap opera. Need more of this. I thought he said enough about Russia but it seems still everybody wants to bathe in the topic. Is that necessary? Anyway this was a step in the right direction. This will never be a smooth relationship but I thought today was good. Pointing out that as 2 nuclear strong countries the US and Russia's relationship being healthy is better for the world was a key point. As was that one of the leaders of the black caucus cancelled a meeting with him for fear of political retribution was an important point when addressing a question about fixing the inner cities. Pointing out the illegality of leaks and sanctuary cities was key. The law is not optional for resistors in office. The exchanges with CNN were hostile but at least slightly comic friendly. A laugh was overdue here. Overall today was good.

woodtoo
02-16-2017, 04:04 PM
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

jk3521
02-16-2017, 04:57 PM
Listening to Trump he is so unpolished it cannot be disingenuous! A little vanity, not a terribly great vocabulary, these are the things the haters pander to, to make "The story". I get it but I think their interpretation is far more deep end unnecessary than the presidents human quirks.

Not that I care either way about the man, but you have to admit he makes Richard Nixon seem downright loveable. You have to take him as he is , wish him the best, and drop it. He is not going to go away.

HalvOnHorseracing
02-16-2017, 05:10 PM
You saw the reason why he won. It's something you admit yourself, that you are clueless about.

You are absolutely right about why he won. His unconventional way of acting presidential absolutely energizes his base. He rips the BBC or CNN and his crowd goes crazy. Beyond that, the entities he picks on simply don't know how to handle him. They've never run up against that sort of politician.

I listened to the press conference. Trump is like a savant. When he would say, the problem wasn't what Flynn did, it was the traitors who leaked the story, you could see he absolutely believed what he was saying. He's also mastered the art of speaking a lot of words but only exposing the thinnest of details. He's not going to tell you what he's going to do to that Russian ship, but don't worry he's got the situation totally under control, and his supporters think, brilliant - he's keeping the Russians guessing.

I agree that if you are a Trump supporter, he is brilliant.

Not that he needs my advice, but he is playing with fire. You can get away with being arrogant and a bully as long as you never give your enemies any ammunition. The mainstream media can be like a pack of hungry dogs and what Trump doesn't want to do is appear like a juicy piece of steak. What he doesn't want to do is believe he can disarm them simply by discrediting them, especially the ones with deep resources.

Put yourself in the same position as CNN, the NY Times, or WaPo. They'll hunt, and they'll dig and they'll turn over every rock they can find. As long as Trump is squeaky clean, he'll maintain the upper hand. But if he stumbles, the MSM will be all over it. It's a lot of pressure.

HalvOnHorseracing
02-16-2017, 05:11 PM
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.
Apparently, he can't handle the truth.

JustRalph
02-16-2017, 05:45 PM

Exactly right. He makes you feel like he's not from the swamp :lol:
And then he stands in the biggest bully pulpit in the world and points out the worst creatures swimming around.

It was brilliant. His voters feel like they were standing behind him staring into the swamp........ :jump:

TJDave
02-16-2017, 05:47 PM
You can get away with being arrogant and a bully as long as you never give your enemies any ammunition.

Every time he opens his mouth he digs a deeper hole.

The media won't quit and Trump can't help himself. I expect he will flame out. Too bad the country will be dragged down with him.

Popcorn time.

JustRalph
02-16-2017, 05:49 PM
Every time he opens his mouth he digs a deeper hole.

The media won't quit and Trump can't help himself. I expect he will flame out. Too bad the country will be dragged down with him.

Popcorn time.

Only if he breaks the law. Otherwise he loses very few of his original voters.

OntheRail
02-16-2017, 05:57 PM
The mainstream media can be like a pack of hungry dogs

Rabid would be more like it...

TJDave
02-16-2017, 05:59 PM
Otherwise he loses very few of his original voters.

He'll need more than that. Next time Hillary won't be in the mix.

OntheRail
02-16-2017, 06:05 PM
He'll need more than that. Next time Hillary won't be in the mix.

No it will be Lizzy Lieawatha Warren... :lol:

TJDave
02-16-2017, 06:17 PM
No it will be Lizzy Lieawatha Warren... :lol:

I expect a significant political backlash. This country could be a radically different place come 2020.

jk3521
02-16-2017, 06:25 PM
Now what ? Harward turns down the job.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/robert-harward-turns-down-national-security-adviser-job/

Clocker
02-16-2017, 06:43 PM
Now what ? Harward turns down the job.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/robert-harward-turns-down-national-security-adviser-job/

If this is true, it doesn't speak well for Trump's management style:

Specifically, Mr. Trump told Deputy National Security Adviser K. T. McFarland that she could retain her post, even after the ouster of National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. Harward refused to keep McFarland as his deputy, and after a day of negotiations over this and other staffing matters, Harward declined to serve as Flynn’s replacement.

jk3521
02-16-2017, 06:59 PM
If this is true, it doesn't speak well for Trump's management style:

It's not exactly running like "a well oiled machine".

JustRalph
02-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Harward had a problem. He was too entrenched in the establishment. When Bill Kristol came out last night and said that Harward would be more communicative and more cooperative with the never-Trumpers, he was dead.

Clocker
02-16-2017, 07:19 PM
Harward had a problem. He was too entrenched in the establishment. When Bill Kristol came out last night and said that Harward would be more communicative and more cooperative with the never-Trumpers, he was dead.

So the story about McFarland is false news?

As is the story that Harward was offered the job and turned it down?

jk3521
02-16-2017, 07:26 PM
I don't get it. The story says "two sources close to the situation" . You mean that there are so many people "in the know" with each "situation" that has been leaked, that someone can't figure out who is the rat and leaking fake news to the press ?

mostpost
02-16-2017, 07:37 PM
Collapsed all the way down to 55% approval

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_feb16
Rasmussen? You have got to be kidding me!!! According to Gallup, 40% approval; 55% disapproval. According to Pew Research , 39% approval and 56% disapproval.

Rasmussen ALWAYS overstates the Republican side.

There may never have been a President who has done so poorly so quickly.

JustRalph
02-16-2017, 07:48 PM
Rasmussen? You have got to be kidding me!!! According to Gallup, 40% approval; 55% disapproval. According to Pew Research , 39% approval and 56% disapproval.

Rasmussen ALWAYS overstates the Republican side.

Yeah, right. He's knocking out the shit regulations Obama imposed every day. Today coal. The Dems can only drag their feet. They have no power. They have control of nothing. 35 States controlled by Repubs. That's where big changes are still to come. Poorly? He's cruising along

By the end of the year, planned parenthood will be defunded too. Let's just get the Gorsuch stuff over, then stand around and wait for Ginsburg to fall out. Time is on our side.

Bitch and whine all you want. When the Dems lose 4-5 seats in the Senate in two years.....the race for change really begins

JustRalph
02-16-2017, 07:52 PM
So the story about McFarland is false news?

As is the story that Harward was offered the job and turned it down?

Who cares. Many heard Kristol and never Trumpers praise the guy and our antenna's went up.

He's got an entire intelligence apparatus working against him. He needs to not let a fox slip into the hen house. The more they go after him, the more I like him. :lol:

reckless
02-16-2017, 07:56 PM
He's a nut...

Of course you don't know what you saw. Call Trump any name you wish, people such as yourself have very little credibility. Not a personal jab at you but I include all the media and left wing partisans, especially, plus truly stupid people such as Don Lemon, Chuck Todd and Rachel Maddow.

If you paid attention from the beginning you'd understand all this a lot more ... you still may not agree with any of it, but you'd understand it better.

LottaKash
02-16-2017, 07:58 PM

Hey, the guy is in his office, what, less than a month...These polls are meaningless at this juncture... Quite...

TJDave
02-16-2017, 08:13 PM

Compared to what's coming this will seem like a honeymoon.

Wait for it.

mostpost
02-16-2017, 09:05 PM

Tell me. What impressed you most about the press conference? Was it when he said his was the most impressive electoral college performance since Reagan?
The fact is Obama (twice); Clinton (Twice) and George HW Bush all garnered more electoral votes than Trump. Only Dubya got less.

Was it when he whined about his cabinet not being confirmed fast enough; ignoring the fact that this is probably the most incompetent group of nominees in American history.

Was it when he said that no one from his campaign had talked to Russian intel; then said he wasn't sure; then said he didn't know, but it was okay if they did?

Was it when he said the Administration was running like a well oiled machine, when all we have had is leaks, bad Executive Orders, failure in the courts and unmitigated chaos?

Was it when he constantly whined about how the mean old media was always picking on him.

Was it when he pathetically and constantly asked for a nice question?

Just what did impress you about that pathetic performance?

mostpost
02-16-2017, 09:31 PM
Hey, the guy is in his office, what, less than a month...These polls are meaningless at this juncture... Quite...
Approval ratings at the beginning of each President's first term since 1949:
Truman 90%
Eisenhower 50%
Kennedy 72%
Johnson 78%
Nixon 60%
Ford 70%
Carter 68%
Reagan 50%
GHW Bush 50%
Clinton 60%
GW Bush 60%
Obama 67%
Trump 40%

The thing is, two years from now Republicans are going to be wishing for the good old days when Trumps approval rating was all the way up at 40%.

LottaKash
02-16-2017, 09:36 PM
The thing is, two years from now Republicans are going to be wishing for the good old days when Trumps approval rating was all the way up at 40%.

I guess those numbers make you feel all warm and fuzzy and now you sleep real well now...

Or, perhaps you just can't figure out how in the heck that this 40%-er, ever got elected in the first place.... :cool:

ReplayRandall
02-16-2017, 09:43 PM
DEMS
Truman 90%
Kennedy 72%
Johnson 78%
Carter 68%
Clinton 60%
Obama 67%
GOP
Eisenhower 50%
Nixon 60%
Ford 70%
Reagan 50%
GHW Bush 50%
GW Bush 60%
Trump 40%

Your poll's a joke with FAKE numbers.....Ford at 70%, not even elected, yet the highest of all the GOP's. Truman at 90%? yeah, sure, the press thought Dewey had won the election, but Truman sneaks in during the middle of the night, and quickly gains such rapid popularity?...Laughable as usual:lol::lol::lol:

reckless
02-17-2017, 02:20 PM
Tell me. What impressed you most about the press conference? Was it when he said his was the most impressive electoral college performance since Reagan?
The fact is Obama (twice); Clinton (Twice) and George HW Bush all garnered more electoral votes than Trump. Only Dubya got less.

Was it when he whined about his cabinet not being confirmed fast enough; ignoring the fact that this is probably the most incompetent group of nominees in American history.

Was it when he said that no one from his campaign had talked to Russian intel; then said he wasn't sure; then said he didn't know, but it was okay if they did?

Was it when he said the Administration was running like a well oiled machine, when all we have had is leaks, bad Executive Orders, failure in the courts and unmitigated chaos?

Was it when he constantly whined about how the mean old media was always picking on him.

Was it when he pathetically and constantly asked for a nice question?

Just what did impress you about that pathetic performance?

I am off to Parx this minute to crush the last few at Big A and Tampa. Some near mortal locks I assure you. But I'll always have a few moments for my friends. :lol:

So, I'll answer your last comment now which I bolded. The rest will appear later tonight.

The best thing, make that the very best, thing the Trump press conference did for me -- and it was impressive, btw -- is that he reminded the press they are liars, very insignificant, petty, hateful, quite irrelevent and pretty stupid. I liked it that he briefly called out the media about Hillary selling uranium ore to the Russians. That was ignored. You know it was ignored because I was the only one that mentioned this criminal act 4-5 times and no one on here raised on word -- for or against my comments about Hillary selling our this country to Russia for campaign money to the Clinton Foundation.

I also just loved it that Trump calls on bloggers and those journalists from lesser known media outlets such as America One News and Christian Broadcasting ahead of the failing media outlets such as CNN and the ny times. That's also known as bitch slap to the whores of the mainstream media.

Loved all that but that's still not what I enjoyed the most yesterday.

What I enjoyed the most is the aftermath and the total unhinging of his enemies and lunatics such as yourself and your liberal brethren. The juvenile and crazy analysis from the deranged left wingers, on here and in the real world, is music to my ears.

Those media losers who collectively never achieved much outside their bubble and safe zone are in a total frenzy these days. :jump:

Go, Trump, go! Go, Trump, go!

elysiantraveller
02-17-2017, 02:45 PM
I am off to Parx this minute to crush the last few at Big A and Tampa. Some near mortal locks I assure you. But I'll always have a few moments for my friends. :lol:

So, I'll answer your last comment now which I bolded. The rest will appear later tonight.

The best thing, make that the very best, thing the Trump press conference did for me -- and it was impressive, btw -- is that he reminded the press they are liars, very insignificant, petty, hateful, quite irrelevent and pretty stupid. I liked it that he briefly called out the media about Hillary selling uranium ore to the Russians. That was ignored. You know it was ignored because I was the only one that mentioned this criminal act 4-5 times and no one on here raised on word -- for or against my comments about Hillary selling our this country to Russia for campaign money to the Clinton Foundation.

I also just loved it that Trump calls on bloggers and those journalists from lesser known media outlets such as America One News and Christian Broadcasting ahead of the failing media outlets such as CNN and the ny times. That's also known as bitch slap to the whores of the mainstream media.

Loved all that but that's still not what I enjoyed the most yesterday.

What I enjoyed the most is the aftermath and the total unhinging of his enemies and lunatics such as yourself and your liberal brethren. The juvenile and crazy analysis from the deranged left wingers, on here and in the real world, is music to my ears.

Those media losers who collectively never achieved much outside their bubble and safe zone are in a total frenzy these days. :jump:

Go, Trump, go! Go, Trump, go!

"Greatest electoral win since Reagan."

HalvOnHorseracing
02-17-2017, 02:48 PM
I liked it that he briefly called out the media about Hillary selling uranium ore to the Russians. That was ignored. You know it was ignored because I was the only one that mentioned this criminal act 4-5 times and no one on here raised on word -- for or against my comments about Hillary selling our this country to Russia for campaign money to the Clinton Foundation. [/B]
That has been debunked so many times. The fact that Trump and the moronistas continue to repeat it is ridiculous. The reason why you are "the only one" is that the rest of us actually know the real story in which Hillary didn't sell any uranium to anyone. The great irony is the greatest amount of "fake news" comes directly from Trump. He repeated the statistic about the 9th circuit having 80% of their cases overturned - and then went off on a rant about how disorganized they were. I mean, these aren't even lies that are just a difference of interpretation. They are simply falsehoods. I'd say if the press is guilty of anything, it is not calling bullshit on him as often as they should.

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2017, 05:22 PM
You are absolutely right about why he won. His unconventional way of acting presidential absolutely energizes his base. He rips the BBC or CNN and his crowd goes crazy. Beyond that, the entities he picks on simply don't know how to handle him. They've never run up against that sort of politician.

I listened to the press conference. Trump is like a savant. When he would say, the problem wasn't what Flynn did, it was the traitors who leaked the story, you could see he absolutely believed what he was saying. He's also mastered the art of speaking a lot of words but only exposing the thinnest of details. He's not going to tell you what he's going to do to that Russian ship, but don't worry he's got the situation totally under control, and his supporters think, brilliant - he's keeping the Russians guessing.

I agree that if you are a Trump supporter, he is brilliant.

Not that he needs my advice, but he is playing with fire. You can get away with being arrogant and a bully as long as you never give your enemies any ammunition. The mainstream media can be like a pack of hungry dogs and what Trump doesn't want to do is appear like a juicy piece of steak. What he doesn't want to do is believe he can disarm them simply by discrediting them, especially the ones with deep resources.

Put yourself in the same position as CNN, the NY Times, or WaPo. They'll hunt, and they'll dig and they'll turn over every rock they can find. As long as Trump is squeaky clean, he'll maintain the upper hand. But if he stumbles, the MSM will be all over it. It's a lot of pressure.Squeaky clean? :lol: You forgot that bus video already? :lol:

He's not squeaky clean, not by a longshot. But like I said, it doesn't matter. What matters is results. If after 4 years he can say "Look, when I ran, I said I was going to do this, this and that...and see, I did this, this and that," then he'll have a great shot at another 4 years if he wants it...

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2017, 05:31 PM
He's got an entire intelligence apparatus working against him. He needs to not let a fox slip into the hen house. The more they go after him, the more I like him. :lol:If this is true, then it is only a matter of time before he's gone before his term runs out...doesn't matter how...and the apparatus has many ways at its disposal to make that happen...many ways... :eek:

JustRalph
02-17-2017, 05:38 PM
If this is true, then it is only a matter of time before he's gone before his term runs out...doesn't matter how...and the apparatus has many ways at its disposal to make that happen...many ways... :eek:

A huge bunch of them got fired today. Or re-assigned at the State Dept.

woodtoo
02-17-2017, 05:49 PM
A huge bunch of them got fired today. Or re-assigned at the State Dept.
The draining continues. :ThmbUp:

reckless
02-18-2017, 04:45 AM
"Greatest electoral win since Reagan."

Wow, you really lose sleep over Trump, don't you? :lol:

I just love it how bent out of shape his critics get. Just love it.

Trump did mean GOP electoral vote win total, and so what if Pappy Bush got more votes. No one cares, trust me. Just deranged anti-Trumpsters and the insignificant, unhinged media elites, that's who.

Only those people who were 100 per cent wrong 100 per cent of the time about the election of 2016 and Donald Trump make issue of these unimportant and insignificant comments.

Must have something to do in trying to save face for such 'expert' analysis and believing in complete frauds and failures such as Nate Silver.

reckless
02-18-2017, 05:18 AM
That has been debunked so many times. The fact that Trump and the moronistas continue to repeat it is ridiculous. The reason why you are "the only one" is that the rest of us actually know the real story in which Hillary didn't sell any uranium to anyone. The great irony is the greatest amount of "fake news" comes directly from Trump. He repeated the statistic about the 9th circuit having 80% of their cases overturned - and then went off on a rant about how disorganized they were. I mean, these aren't even lies that are just a difference of interpretation. They are simply falsehoods. I'd say if the press is guilty of anything, it is not calling bullshit on him as often as they should.

So, you know-it-alls on here 'knew' my Hillary uranium story was fake news debunked many times yet I was never, ever called out on it. Fat chance that ever happening, me being given a pass despite the watchful eyes of people such as yourself. :lol:

Here is a story I kept when I read the ny times once upon a time.

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=0

Oh yeah, you must remember Rich that prior to the election the Clinton Foundation announced it wasn't going to accept any more donations from foreign governments. :lol: :lol:

Do you think that promise would have stood if Hillary won? I don't think so but then again, to you, I am a moron.

It all didn't matter anyway because American citizens, and not the smarty pants such as yourself, were the ones who knew better about the un-American Obama left and the chronically criminal Clintons and made the very right choice in November 2016.

lamboguy
02-18-2017, 08:21 AM
Wow, you really lose sleep over Trump, don't you? :lol:

I just love it how bent out of shape his critics get. Just love it.

Trump did mean GOP electoral vote win total, and so what if Pappy Bush got more votes. No one cares, trust me. Just deranged anti-Trumpsters and the insignificant, unhinged media elites, that's who.

Only those people who were 100 per cent wrong 100 per cent of the time about the election of 2016 and Donald Trump make issue of these unimportant and insignificant comments.

Must have something to do in trying to save face for such 'expert' analysis and believing in complete frauds and failures such as Nate Silver.i got reminded here plenty how bad my Massachusetts prediction was after the election. to be quite honest, i am in complete shock that he didn't carry this state after looking at some of the results from different towns that i know quite well. there was 1 town that Hillary only carried 75% of the vote where Obama had carried 90% in his second election. the wrap up is that she out performed in the whole state and that is why i can believe why Trump felt there were plenty of votes stolen from him or added to her. but yet i look like a dam fool for my prediction. no matter how the result got there i turned out to be wrong on that. the only saving grace i had was that no one had a betting line on Massachusetts for this past election. i wound up betting on Trump in Alaska instead and for the whole election as well. i live to bet on elections and hope to be betting many more of them down the road.

reckless
02-18-2017, 08:47 AM
i got reminded here plenty how bad my Massachusetts prediction was after the election. to be quite honest, i am in complete shock that he didn't carry this state after looking at some of the results from different towns that i know quite well. there was 1 town that Hillary only carried 75% of the vote where Obama had carried 90% in his second election. the wrap up is that she out performed in the whole state and that is why i can believe why Trump felt there were plenty of votes stolen from him or added to her. but yet i look like a dam fool for my prediction. no matter how the result got there i turned out to be wrong on that. the only saving grace i had was that no one had a betting line on Massachusetts for this past election. i wound up betting on Trump in Alaska instead and for the whole election as well. i live to bet on elections and hope to be betting many more of them down the road.

You could double up in Nov. 2018 betting against phony squaw but legitimately evil Elizabeth Warren. She's a goner, Phil, a sure loser.

johnhannibalsmith
02-18-2017, 08:58 AM

Those people plus Donald Trump. You can and should laugh at some of the insignificant things that people get distracted by, but you kind of have to laugh at the big guy too for the same reason. He breathes oxygen into these dumpster fire stories, if not just outright start them off running altogether. I've been pretty willing to lay low and see what he really does before making wild conclusions about his presidency, but this more than anything is discouraging. Of course, when he does it, y'all give him high fives for telling off the crooked press and that sort of stuff, but this is exactly the kind of trivial nonsense that he seems to spend way too much time entertaining and helping to routinely expand molehill to mountain range.

Tom
02-18-2017, 11:08 AM
Come on, John he is getting a tremendous amount of work done. You can't even keep with it. Compare the time he spends on twitter to the time obama spent golfing. Trump is doing us all a favor by exposing a corrupt and incompetent press - the Fifth Estate has a vital role and a massive responsibility. That is why we specifically gave them constitutional protection. Up until now, the only checks and balances on the press have been other members of the press.
They grew into a monopoly and control the flow of information. Trump has created a check and balance.

no one on the left EVER had an issue with the continual attacks on FOX and Rush by OBama - they ALL cheered it.

Guess what, boys.......time to put on your big boy pants.
The worm has turned. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HalvOnHorseracing
02-18-2017, 11:28 AM
So, you know-it-alls on here 'knew' my Hillary uranium story was fake news debunked many times yet I was never, ever called out on it. Fat chance that ever happening, me being given a pass despite the watchful eyes of people such as yourself. :lol:

The accusation was that the Clinton family and Russia each may have benefited from a “pay-for-play” scheme while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state, involving the transfer of U.S. uranium reserves to the new Russian owners of an international mining operation in exchange for $145 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation. Here's what happened.

A mining company, Uranium One, was originally based in South Africa, but merged in 2007 with Canada-based UrAsia Energy. Shareholders there retained a controlling interest until 2010, when Russia’s nuclear agency, Rosatom, completed purchase of a 51% stake. Hillary Clinton played a subsequent part in the transaction after the deal was negotiated because it involved the transfer of ownership of a material deemed important to national security — uranium, amounting to one-fifth of U.S. reserves — thus requiring the approval of the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), on which the U.S. Secretary of State sits. However, Hillary was in no way involved in brokering the sale of the company to Rosatom, nor did she "sell"uranium reserves to Russia as the fake story claims.

Among the ways the accusations of Hillary selling uranium reserves or engaging in a pay for play stray from the facts is in attributing a power of veto or approval to Secretary Clinton that she simply did not have. Clinton was one of nine cabinet members and department heads that sit on the CFIUS, and the secretary of the treasury is its chairperson. CFIUS members are collectively charged with evaluating the transaction for potential national security issues, then turning their findings over to the president. By law, the committee can’t veto a transaction; only the president can. According to The New York Times, Clinton may not have even directly participated in the Uranium One decision. Then-Assistant Secretary of State Jose Fernandez, whose job it was to represent the State Dept. on CFIUS, said Clinton herself “never intervened” in committee matters.

Of the $145 million allegedly contributed to the Clinton Foundation by Uranium One investors, the lion’s share — $131.3 million — came from a single donor, Frank Giustra, the company’s founder. But Giustra sold off his entire stake in the company in 2007, three years before the Russia deal and at least 18 months before Clinton became secretary of state.

Of the remaining individuals connected with Uranium One who donated to the Clinton Foundation, only one was found to have contributed during the same time frame that the deal was taking place, according to The New York Times — Ian Telfer, the company’s chairman. The timing of Telfer’s donations might be questionable if there was reason to believe that Hillary Clinton was instrumental in the approval of the deal with Russia, but all the evidence points to the contrary — that Clinton did not play a pivotal role, and, in fact, may not have played any role at all.

johnhannibalsmith
02-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Come on, John he is getting a tremendous amount of work done. You can't even keep with it. Compare the time he spends on twitter to the time obama spent golfing. Trump is doing us all a favor by exposing a corrupt and incompetent press - the Fifth Estate has a vital role and a massive responsibility. That is why we specifically gave them constitutional protection. Up until now, the only checks and balances on the press have been other members of the press.
They grew into a monopoly and control the flow of information. Trump has created a check and balance.

no one on the left EVER had an issue with the continual attacks on FOX and Rush by OBama - they ALL cheered it.

The worm has turned. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know it's a common theme here, but I'd just assume not compare 'the Greatest President in History' according to some with 'the Worst President in History' according to the same. But in seriousness, you know that I had and have a pretty low opinion of the Obama presidency. And many of the same things that I, and others at the time seemed to consider low points of that presidency, are now trumpeted as accomplishments and leadership. Obama was a narcissist for whining about his image on Fox, but Trump is doing something totally outrageous by turning the tables on CNN and NBC, et al. From here it just looks like more of the same. Energy and effort spent winding people up with silliness about crowd sizes and Don Lemon's guests and not just mentioning it but press conferences... I'm supposed to buy into this theory that he's apolitical and deathly serious about the business of running the country and he's tangled up in what some dildo said on CNN about him. Come on, this isn't some positive attribute.

maddog42
03-05-2017, 07:14 PM
The credibility of Trump is rapidly approaching zero.

Tom
03-05-2017, 07:25 PM

To you, maybe.
That is a good thing. :rolleyes:

The worm has turned.

I know it's a common theme here, but I'd just assume not compare 'the Greatest President in History' according to some with 'the Worst President in History' according to the same.

John, I just saw your reply.
To clarify, I was NOT referring to you about big boy pants...just to the usual suspect, ir, the one right above me! :pound:

fast4522
03-05-2017, 07:40 PM

Consider that the ACA is just weeks away from repeal, here is a guy who is making good on his campaign promises. We as a republic are functioning as as designed, this is going to be a better 4th of July.

davew
03-05-2017, 08:06 PM
I hope before or when he collapses he takes Soros and a big pile democrats with him.