PDA

View Full Version : Inauguration January 20 2017

woodtoo
01-18-2017, 10:00 AM
A thread about all things pertaining to the 2017 Inauguration.

Since there will about 50 empty chairs because of boycotting Democrats may I suggest a seasoned chair whisperer... Clint Eastwood. :D

Tom
01-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Who needs them?
Let the world see that the democrat party is no longer a major impact.
If I were Trump, i would un-invite Obama for releasing that thing that released classified materials to Bin Laden.

EasyGoer89
01-18-2017, 12:58 PM
48 hours till we get our country back.

boxcar
01-18-2017, 01:05 PM
48 hours till we get our country back.

YES! Then Trump can begin to re-transform the face of America back to the pre-Obama era. :jump:

EasyGoer89
01-18-2017, 01:07 PM
YES! Then Trump can begin to re-transform the face of America back to the pre-Obama era. :jump:

The first 100 days a LOT is going to get done. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2017, 01:21 PM
I think this is all an act by SRU to get on my good side...as if him appearing to like Trump would mean anything to me... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not THAT big a fan of Trump yet... :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
01-18-2017, 01:23 PM
I don't think he cares one way or another but the subject is good for 60-250 posts a day.

EasyGoer89
01-18-2017, 01:31 PM
I think this is all an act by SRU to get on my good side...as if him appearing to like Trump would mean anything to me... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not THAT big a fan of Trump yet... :lol:

GO TRUMP!!! :jump:

RunForTheRoses
01-18-2017, 02:05 PM
Yes We Can!

Tom
01-18-2017, 03:02 PM
I don't think he cares one way or another but the subject is good for 60-250 posts a day.
He lost a lot of work in the transition.....he needs to think outside the box to get back.

davew
01-18-2017, 03:51 PM
a couple videos of democrat set-ups to make right-wing corruption investigator look bad - they sure went all out

http://projectveritas.com/video/part-i-hidden-camera-investigation-exposes-groups-plotting-violence-at-trump-inauguration/

http://projectveritas.com/video/part-ii-new-investigation-uncovers-plots-to-chain-the-trains-and-shut-down-dc-during-trump-inauguration/

Marshall Bennett
01-18-2017, 05:35 PM
I'm still waiting to hear where all those Hollywood creeps moved to as they promised to if Trump won. :)

boxcar
01-18-2017, 05:58 PM
a couple videos of democrat set-ups to make right-wing corruption investigator look bad - they sure went all out

http://projectveritas.com/video/part-i-hidden-camera-investigation-exposes-groups-plotting-violence-at-trump-inauguration/

http://projectveritas.com/video/part-ii-new-investigation-uncovers-plots-to-chain-the-trains-and-shut-down-dc-during-trump-inauguration/

Aww c'mon didn't you catch that last part in vid 2? They're playing the Nazis. It's merely a reverse sting operation. :rolleyes:

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-18-2017, 06:05 PM
Not in my lifetime did I ever think their would be a man, in the highest office in the land with the flat out 'stones' to put these lunatic anti-American liberals in their place. And the amazing thing is that he does it routinely and the effects are driving them more insane than they already are.

I am looking forward to the payback time that will bring our nation back out of the hands of the loonies who represent such a small percentage of our nations population. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!! Onward and upward and if the left doesn't like it screw them remembering the campaigner in chief who stated LOSING ELECTIONS HAS CONSEQUENCES !!!

davew
01-18-2017, 06:20 PM
OMG, they even have a fake website
and a statement saying they knew they were infiltrated
and exposed the people who were working with James O’Keefe and Project Veritas, tha is doing the dirty work of Nazis, white nationalists, and other groups who are furthering Trump’s assault on vulnerable communities.

http://www.disruptj20.org/get-organized/call-to-action/

boxcar
01-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Not in my lifetime did I ever think their would be a man, in the highest office in the land with the flat out 'stones' to put these lunatic anti-American liberals in their place. And the amazing thing is that he does it routinely and the effects are driving them more insane than they already are.

I am looking forward to the payback time that will bring our nation back out of the hands of the loonies who represent such a small percentage of our nations population. Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!! Onward and upward and if the left doesn't like it screw them remembering the campaigner in chief who stated LOSING ELECTIONS HAS CONSEQUENCES !!!

You're absolutely right! The left (including the drive-by media) are being driven stark-raving mad by Trump. They don't know how to handle him.

EasyGoer89
01-18-2017, 11:46 PM

Great post.

What Trump is pulling off has to go down in the annals of American History as one of the most incredible things this land has ever witnessed. He's dismantled two major political parties and turned them essentially into rubbush, he's turned the mainstream media into roadkill, he's punishing anyone who gets in his way, it's a brilliant thing to watch and be witness to.

We are all witnesses. (Sorry Lebron!)

davew
01-19-2017, 12:29 AM
Rachel Maddow is all excited about how no replacement staff are lined up for many departments - like National Security Council.

Maybe that is part of Trumps plan to clear the swamp as well as cut expenses.

NJ Stinks
01-19-2017, 01:10 AM
Temps around 50 and hardly any wind is too good to be true around here in January. So my Inauguration Schedule is set. About the time Donny is being sworn in I will be taking a mulligan somewhere on the front 9 in New Jersey! ;)

And if the enthusiasm in this thread is any indication, slow play won't be a problem on Friday. :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
01-19-2017, 06:35 AM
i have always been excited when any president gets sworn in for the first time, that includes Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, and will certainly be very pumped up for Trump.

there really is no sane reason why a citizen of this country decides to disrupt a joyous day in our history. i know its a right to be able to protest, but gosh why can't these people at least give the man a chance?

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Because they think he's going to deport anyone with skin darker than his, and that he's going to round up all the Transsexuals and put them in concentration camps...and that's just for starters.

The above isn't much an exaggeration either...some of his more misguided haters actually believe he will do things like this.

woodtoo
01-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Wow, so the number is up to 68 empty suits I mean seats by no show Dems.
Does this help their re-election chances?

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2017, 10:45 AM
And they pounded Trump when he said we'd have to wait until election day to see if Trump accepted the results of the election... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now tons of Dems are doing the very thing Hillary Clinton deemed HORRIFYING when it applied to Trump! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See that Donald Trump...he's been a trendsetter and a mover and shaker from day one...

johnhannibalsmith
01-19-2017, 10:50 AM
It is pretty damn funny. They worked triple-overtime to try to make a story out of that hypothetical and other than just repeating it over and over again to each other to try to make it stick, in general nobody seemed that interested. Now it isn't a hypothetical, it actually is a story, the shoe is on the other foot - and somehow it all still reflects badly on Trump. :lol:

dlivery
01-19-2017, 11:06 AM
Get your candy apples and popcorn here the show is about to begin

woodtoo
01-19-2017, 11:28 AM
"CNN dreaming up scenarios whereby the Obama Administration
can keep power if PETrump and PEPence were blown up as they prepared to take office."
Blitzer introduced the segment "What if an incoming President and his immediate successor were wiped out on day one" and from there, CNN contributor Brian Todd took over to outline the line of succession if an attack took out the inaugural dais, killing both Trump and Pence"
Implied assassination.
Ban CNN from the White House. They are predictable and despicable. :ThmbDown:
They are a clear and present danger.

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2017, 11:37 AM
can keep power if PETrump and PEPence were blown up as they prepared to take office."
Blitzer introduced the segment "What if an incoming President and his immediate successor were wiped out on day one" and from there, CNN contributor Brian Todd took over to outline the line of succession if an attack took out the inaugural dais, killing both Trump and Pence"
Implied assassination.
They are a clear and present danger.And people thought I was out of line for saying a great number of Trump haters want to see just this happen...that they are hoping for it...they would welcome it...

I will say this...the likelihood of something like this happening is at an absolute all time high. Prominent Trump haters (especially in Hollywood) have basically given the green light for this to occur, and some nutcase will no doubt see this implied green light and try and be the hero to save the world.

The secret service better be on its toes is all I can say...hopefully there aren't too many Trump haters in the Secret Service...

It's absolutely disgusting the atmosphere that the anti-Trump folks have cultivated. It practically begs for some wack job to take a shot at "glory." It frightens me and make me incredibly sad that partisan politics has devolved to this level.

If anything like this had been perpetuated by Republicans leading up to Obama's inauguration (and believe me, the left certainly ACTED as if it had, even though it came absolutely NOWHERE near what we are seeing right now), there would have been OUTRAGE in the media and CONDEMNATIONS raining down from EVERYWHERE...

But for Trump? It's just passed off by the media and those giving the implied green light as PATRIOTIC and good ol' American Freedom of Speech.

Those fostering this toxic and dangerous atmosphere for Trump can all drop dead as far as I'm concerned.

woodtoo
01-19-2017, 11:55 AM
And people thought I was out of line for saying a great number of Trump haters want to see just this happen...that they are hoping for it...they would welcome it...

I will say this...the likelihood of something like this happening is at an absolute all time high. Prominent Trump haters (especially in Hollywood) have basically given the green light for this to occur, and some nutcase will no doubt see this implied green light and try and be the hero to save the world.

The secret service better be on its toes is all I can say...hopefully there aren't too many Trump haters in the Secret Service...

It's absolutely disgusting the atmosphere that the anti-Trump folks have cultivated. It practically begs for some wack job to take a shot at "glory." It frightens me and make me incredibly sad that partisan politics has devolved to this level.

If anything like this had been perpetuated by Republicans leading up to Obama's inauguration (and believe me, the left certainly ACTED as if it had, even though it came absolutely NOWHERE near what we are seeing right now), there would have been OUTRAGE in the media and CONDEMNATIONS raining down from EVERYWHERE...

But for Trump? It's just passed off by the media and those giving the implied green light as PATRIOTIC and good ol' American Freedom of Speech.

Those fostering this toxic and dangerous atmosphere for Trump can all drop dead as far as I'm concerned.
Under one hundred thousand second till President Trump.

History demands we work hard to ensure they achieve the nirvana of irrelevance. they are becoming a permanent radical opposition, a mental disorder.

Tom
01-19-2017, 12:30 PM
The big deal tomorrow is that we celebrate the presidency and the peaceful transfer of power.

The dems who are refusing to attend because they say Trump is not the legitimate president can take this to be true - they are not legitimate Americans, none of them.

None of the them are needed there, as none of them will ever do anything for the good of the country anyway. Congressman Dunsel. :D

EasyGoer89
01-19-2017, 01:58 PM
The big deal tomorrow is that we celebrate the presidency and the peaceful transfer of power.

The dems who are refusing to attend because they say Trump is not the legitimate president can take this to be true - they are not legitimate Americans, none of them.

None of the them are needed there, as none of them will ever do anything for the good of the country anyway. Congressman Dunsel. :D

22 hours to post!

boxcar
01-19-2017, 02:06 PM
And people thought I was out of line for saying a great number of Trump haters want to see just this happen...that they are hoping for it...they would welcome it...

The evil and hate spewed toward Trump by CNN by innuendo, suggestive commentary, etc. is totally off the map. They're all but overtly begging someone to openly manifest the murder that already resides in that organization's black heart. Conservatives and other politically sensible people should band together to put pressure on CNN's sponsors to pull their sponsorship.

EasyGoer89
01-19-2017, 02:09 PM
The evil and hate spewed toward Trump by CNN by innuendo, suggestive commentary, etc. is totally off the map. They're all but overtly begging someone to openly manifest the murder that already resides in that organization's black heart. Conservatives and other politically sensible people should band together to put pressure on CNN's sponsors to pull their sponsorship.

It's kind of incredible when you think about a supposely unbiased news organization openly rooting for the assassination of an America hero, hard to even wrap my head around.

lamboguy
01-19-2017, 02:16 PM
i got rid of cable television because the news stations all pollute your brains. i don't feel like rewarding them for being jerks either. the roku box and local antenna is fine for me.

boxcar
01-19-2017, 03:17 PM
i got rid of cable television because the news stations all pollute your brains. i don't feel like rewarding them for being jerks either. the roku box and local antenna is fine for me.

:ThmbUp: Ditto for me! There's so little value in cable for me. I cut them off years ago.

woodtoo
01-19-2017, 04:42 PM
Inauguration concert on now featuring Toby Keith, 3 doors down and more.

so.cal.fan
01-19-2017, 04:55 PM
This apparently is a fake news. ....but worse...CNN should be taken off the air for airing such a story.
Terrible.

woodtoo
01-19-2017, 05:06 PM
This apparently is a fake news. ....but worse...CNN should be taken off the air for airing such a story.
Terrible.
I agree and doubt the will be allowed White House access come Monday.
They are digging their own political grave willingly. Looks good on them.

The concert is great so far, sound is incredible!!

OntheRail
01-19-2017, 06:46 PM
Wow the Fireworks display was fantastic.... spelling out USA and the US Flag at the end. Spectacular!

Jess Hawsen Arown
01-19-2017, 06:56 PM
January 19, 2017

The last day of the two year nightmare.

zico20
01-19-2017, 07:22 PM
January 19, 2017

The last day of the two year nightmare.

Hopefully Obama will sleep in late tomorrow and forget to sign a bunch of executive orders on his way out the door. :D

EasyGoer89
01-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Hopefully Obama will sleep in late tomorrow and forget to sign a bunch of executive orders on his way out the door. :D
Or forget to pardon Killary, pedosta, and Jamie le'infant.

lamboguy
01-19-2017, 07:58 PM
What I find most interesting about who is NOT attending the inauguration is that the person who actually has (in my mind) a valid reason for not attending WILL actually be there and that's Hillary Clinton. This has got to be one tough day for her yet she's doing the right thing, unlike many of her "friends" in Washington. If SHE can go, they ALL should go!!!

EasyGoer89
01-19-2017, 08:45 PM
What I find most interesting about who is NOT attending the inauguration is that the person who actually has (in my mind) a valid reason for not attending WILL actually be there and that's Hillary Clinton. This has got to be one tough day for her yet she's doing the right thing, unlike many of her "friends" in Washington. If SHE can go, they ALL should go!!!

She's going to try and humanize herself in trumps eyes he will be happy to see her and this is a good idea for her to show up, smile, say nice things and pray she doesn't get locked up

EasyGoer89
01-19-2017, 08:47 PM
SjxV44KjTbc

Live coverage of first deploraball.

This is awesome there's a split screen showing the ball and showing the live protests lol

jk3521
01-19-2017, 10:02 PM

After all she and Bubba are old friends of DJT.

ElKabong
01-19-2017, 10:57 PM
Terrible.

The times I've seen cnn the past week, it's as if they're trying to drag trump into yet another "back and forth". What better way to get ratings, right? Have the Potus get into a tiff directly with a reporter of their network.

Trump has the great counter to that...Twitter. He gets to control his message.

Tom
01-20-2017, 07:55 AM
FOX interviewed some the moonbat lefties outside the Ball last night - always fun to watch the total ignorance that comes out of those crowds.
Last night's was particularly......STUPID! :lol::lol::lol:

so.cal.fan
01-20-2017, 09:21 AM
It's 6am here in the Socialist Republic of California. ..
I'll just be relieved when he's sworn in and I hope everything goes as smooth as possible.

Tom
01-20-2017, 10:20 AM
To all the democrat reps who are refusing to attend the ceremony today, local radio host here, Bob Lonsberry, made an interesting commentary during his live coverage on scene today:

(Paraphrased) You people do not represent a political party or opinion, you represent ALL the people in your district, no matter what party they are. Your goals should be to unite those you represent, not divide them. Your refusal to attend sends a bad message to everyone. You need to put your elected responsibilities ahead of your personal biases. Calling the elected president illegitimate serves no useful purpose.

What Bob ignores is that democrats typically do serve no useful purpose!:rolleyes:

Tom
01-20-2017, 12:07 PM
"We are transferring power from Washington D.C. to you, the the people."
---President Donald J. Trump, 1/20/17, the first day of the New World Order

The day the PEOPLE became the rulers of this nation again.

See, we really had no use for those 65 democrats.
This is far above their pay grade.

davew
01-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Implied assassination.
They are a clear and present danger.

The CNN segment on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIG4dduqy0

Marshall Bennett
01-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Hillary's fake angry smile fit her perfectly. Add all the make-up, an undertaker couldn't have done a better job. :)

Tom
01-20-2017, 12:29 PM
And so we begin........

Tom
01-20-2017, 12:34 PM

Local representative Louis Slaughter, who has serve NY sicne before the Civil War, refused to attend the inauguration, but she WILL attend the ceremonial free lunch afterwards.

Typical of Louis, right there feeding at the trough, the little piggie that she is. Can't keep a dem away from a freebie.

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 12:37 PM
I think we all know that I'm not a big fan of our new President but the NBC coverage today has been absolutely shameful. From production decisions of what to show of the crowd during the speech to their ace journalists just rambling their own opinions and thoughts and conflating that with 'how Americans feel' rather than even attempting to report on the event. I'd love to compare the coverage we're getting today with what we got eight years ago from that crew.

dlivery
01-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Whether your Black,Brown,White you will not be left behind.
Shortest speak but effective to the people of this great country.

Tom
01-20-2017, 12:46 PM
Talk of unity, progress, strength, hope.......no wonder those 65 dems stayed away! :lol:

John, FOX radio coverage was superb!
They described the live action very nicely.

Anyone watching CNN today.....was Lemon drunk out of his mind again? :lol:
How about PMSNBC - was the Tingler impressed?
What time did they put the straight jacket on Rachael Madow?
How much was Jeb! charging for those rotten tomatoes he was selling on the curb?

Any dems jump into the Patomic yet?

woodtoo
01-20-2017, 12:48 PM
The CNN segment on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxIG4dduqy0
Thanks davew

CNN tweets : Nancy Sinatra is not happy Trump will use her fathers song at inauguration.

Nancy Sinatra tweets back "That's not true. I never said that. Why do you lie, CNN?
Out, get em out of here.

woodtoo
01-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Talk of unity, progress, strength, hope.......no wonder those 65 dems stayed away! :lol:
Who needs their scowls anyway, I'm glad they were no shows.

dlivery
01-20-2017, 12:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Offered no pity for the outgoing presdent
Just chopped him a little lower by clipping his heals down

woodtoo
01-20-2017, 12:53 PM
Was watching NBC they have lost their audio. :jump: :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 12:54 PM

No, you didn't hear right. It was a disturbing tone. Very divisive.

Apparently rattling off a bunch of lines that sounded like they could have been plagiarized from a high school play about the Founding Fathers is a divisive speech.

dlivery
01-20-2017, 12:56 PM
How many will disappear down a rabbit hole.

Tom
01-20-2017, 01:31 PM

Apparently rattling off a bunch of lines that sounded like they could have been plagiarized from a high school play about the Founding Fathers is a divisive speech.

He insulted just about everyone on the stage.
Greatest speech ever! :lol:

boxcar
01-20-2017, 02:09 PM

It was an honest tone. Trump knows from the tone of many liberal politicians that they have no interest in working with him. Rather, they are intent in working against him! So, in essence, Trump's speech implied that he was ready to fight with them since they have no interest in reaching out to him. I'd much prefer Trump's honest tone to any tone of a deceitful, silver-tongued, back-slapping politician who has his knife drawn with the other hand.

However, his tone was very consistent and unifying to his base -- to the people who elected him. His speech was not aimed to establishment politicians. It was indeed aimed against them! It was his warning shot over their bow!

It appears you were expecting Trump to tone down his rhetoric by adopting the rhetoric of the very establishment which he finds deplorable and is out to dismantle. If so, you don't know who Trump is at all.

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 02:26 PM
It appears you were ...

..being sarcastic. I thought it was pretty obvious once you passed the third period.

Parkview_Pirate
01-20-2017, 03:16 PM
He insulted just about everyone on the stage.
Greatest speech ever! :lol:

He certainly didn't spare the feelings of Obummer, which is well deserved.

56 years since JFK's speech, and the message has to be dumbed down a bit, though not as much as I would have guessed:

Trump, 2017:

Number of words : 1,454.00
Number of sentences : 89.00
Average number of characters per word : 4.57
Average number of syllables per word : 1.55
Average number of words per sentence: 16.34

Indication of the number of years of formal education that a person requires in order to easily understand the text on the first reading
Gunning Fog index : 11.32
Approximate representation of the U.S. grade level needed to comprehend the text :
Coleman Liau index : 9.27
Flesch Kincaid Grade level : 9.12
ARI (Automated Readability Index) : 8.26
SMOG : 11.67
Flesch Reading Ease : 58.76

JFK, 1961:

Number of words : 1,366.00
Number of sentences : 57.00
Average number of characters per word : 4.40
Average number of syllables per word : 1.46
Average number of words per sentence: 23.96

Indication of the number of years of formal education that a person requires in order to easily understand the text on the first reading
Gunning Fog index : 13.33
Approximate representation of the U.S. grade level needed to comprehend the text :
Coleman Liau index : 8.84
Flesch Kincaid Grade level : 11.04
ARI (Automated Readability Index) : 11.26
SMOG : 12.23
Flesch Reading Ease : 58.58

Tom
01-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Man, PP...you are into this stuff! :ThmbUp::D

boxcar
01-20-2017, 04:04 PM
..being sarcastic. I thought it was pretty obvious once you passed the third period.

Great! I'm tickled pink that you're on board with Trump's antiglobalist philosophy. :ThmbUp:

RunForTheRoses
01-20-2017, 04:13 PM
I like how Trump's speech was all about WE the people. Contrast that with Obama's farewell address and Cubs speech, it was all about I for him.

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Great! I'm tickled pink that you're on board with Trump's antiglobalist philosophy. :ThmbUp:

I'm not sure where you plucked that conclusion from but be happy brother! :D

Nitro
01-20-2017, 04:32 PM
It was an honest tone. Trump knows from the tone of many liberal politicians that they have no interest in working with him. Rather, they are intent in working against him! So, in essence, Trump's speech implied that he was ready to fight with them since they have no interest in reaching out to him. I'd much prefer Trump's honest tone to any tone of a deceitful, silver-tongued, back-slapping politician who has his knife drawn with the other hand.

However, his tone was very consistent and unifying to his base -- to the people who elected him. His speech was not aimed to establishment politicians. It was indeed aimed against them! It was his warning shot over their bow!

It appears you were expecting Trump to tone down his rhetoric by adopting the rhetoric of the very establishment which he finds deplorable and is out to dismantle. If so, you don't know who Trump is at all.GREAT OBSERVATION! Nice post!

Marshall Bennett
01-20-2017, 05:25 PM
I think we all know that I'm not a big fan of our new President but the NBC coverage today has been absolutely shameful. From production decisions of what to show of the crowd during the speech to their ace journalists just rambling their own opinions and thoughts and conflating that with 'how Americans feel' rather than even attempting to report on the event. I'd love to compare the coverage we're getting today with what we got eight years ago from that crew. I occasionally flipped over to ABC out of curiosity was surprised they'd toned down their usual liberal blow-mouths. George was mellow. Martha Ridex started crying when talking about Obama leaving. Some off-screen reporter was trashing Trump over some racial bs and his treatment of mexicans during primaries. Otherwise they did a pretty professional job all considering. Not having to look at Diane Sawyer was an added bonus...at least what i looked at.

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 05:28 PM
I occasionally flipped over to ABC out of curiosity was surprised they'd toned down their usual liberal blow-mouths. George was mellow. Martha Ridex started crying when talking about Obama leaving. Some off-screen reporter was trashing Trump over some racial bs and his treatment of mexicans during primaries. Otherwise they did a pretty professional job all considering. Not having to look at Diane Sawyer was an added bonus...at least what i looked at.

For what it's worth, I've stayed with Chuck Todd and the gang all day and the coverage has been alright since the lunch.

Edited because I just realized it got better when Brokaw left. Probably not a coincidence.

FantasticDan
01-20-2017, 06:19 PM
Reuters posted this comparison pic of Trump's crowd vs Obama's in 2009. :D

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2017/01/20/1120-inauguration-aerial-crowd-trump-obama-reuters-3.jpg

EasyGoer89
01-20-2017, 06:21 PM

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2017/01/20/1120-inauguration-aerial-crowd-trump-obama-reuters-3.jpg

People knew In 2009 there weren't going to be riots. Safety issue.

RunForTheRoses
01-20-2017, 06:22 PM

And it was way colder. However, I bet more Trump supporters have jobs, just sayin'.

fast4522
01-20-2017, 06:42 PM

Millions of us are on board with President Trump's vision for the country, his mention of God inside his speech after taking the oath of office was welcome. The President knows who got him in office.

ArlJim78
01-20-2017, 07:20 PM
I learned today that burning cars, garbage and the American flag, punching random people in the face, and breaking the windows of local businesses is how you show that Trump is a fascist and that Love Trumps Hate.

boxcar
01-20-2017, 08:13 PM

Enjoy living in the past!

upthecreek
01-20-2017, 08:37 PM

The turnout counted at the polls

Lemon Drop Husker
01-20-2017, 08:47 PM
Any 2013 photos?

highnote
01-21-2017, 01:37 AM
Get your candy apples and popcorn here the show is about to begin

Hell, I've been enjoying this show for the past two years. Still got at least 3 more acts to go.

Tom
01-21-2017, 10:26 AM
Was watching NBC they have lost their audio. :jump: :lol:

they were all choking! :lol:

Tom
01-21-2017, 10:28 AM

Most of those in 2009 were just there for the Free Ceremonial Luncheon.
Louis Slaughter was in the front of the line. :D

Tom
01-21-2017, 10:30 AM
I learned today that burning cars, garbage and the American flag, punching random people in the face, and breaking the windows of local businesses is how you show that Trump is a fascist and that Love Trumps Hate.

Good point - got and side by side photos of the destruction caused each year?
Anyone opposed to OBama burn cars in the streets?

The low lifes outnumber the civilized people in DC.

davew
01-21-2017, 11:35 AM
Good point - got and side by side photos of the destruction caused each year?
Anyone opposed to OBama burn cars in the streets?

If they did, it would be racist and a hate crime

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2017, 11:59 AM

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2017/01/20/1120-inauguration-aerial-crowd-trump-obama-reuters-3.jpgPretty wild...looked from TV like there were more people than that...

But, you also have to remember, most of the people there for Trump were likely OUTSIDE of DC...DC is an ultra-liberal town...didn't Hillary win like 98% of the vote? :lol:

Yeah, doubtful a lot of native DC'ers were showing up for Trump, compared to Obama...so that accounts for probably much of the discrepancy between the two photos...

JustRalph
01-21-2017, 12:03 PM
This shot is going around twitter as more accurate. Taken during the swearing in, not before. Take it w grain of salt

zico20
01-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Most of those in 2009 were just there for the Free Ceremonial Luncheon.
Louis Slaughter was in the front of the line. :D

Are you trying to tell me that they were not there because George Soros didn't pay them? :D

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2017, 12:10 PM
This shot is going around twitter as more accurate. Taken during the swearing in, not before. Take it w grain of saltLooks pretty much like the same exact picture, only in the opposite direction.

If you count back, you can see...it looks more impressive because the empty sections are almost not visible in your version.

But I don't think anyone's trying to pull a fast one here. Way fewer people showed up for Trump compared to Obama.

It's Washington DC. What did everyone expect? :lol:

Marshall Bennett
01-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Way fewer people showed up for Trump compared to Obama.

It's Washington DC. What did everyone expect? :lol:
Oh My....where's your moderator? He's scolded me for way less. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Oh My....where's your moderator? He's scolded me for way less. :lol:Wow, your head went immediately to race. Pretty telling, on your part.

I of course, was referring to how liberal a city Wash DC is...Hillary won 95% of the vote there, did she not? If any town was filled to the brim with Trump haters, it's DC.

Of course they weren't going to come out on Inauguration Day, especially in the rain, for Trump.

Has nothing to do with skin color...although I'm sure the fact that Obama was our first black president did lead to more people wanting to be there in order to be a witness to that piece of original history.

But that wasn't my point.

Tom
01-21-2017, 04:34 PM
If they did, it would be racist and a hate crime
Yes, the Never Trump people yesterday.

Marshall Bennett
01-21-2017, 06:26 PM
Wow, your head went immediately to race. Pretty telling, on your part.

I of course, was referring to how liberal a city Wash DC is...Hillary won 95% of the vote there, did she not? If any town was filled to the brim with Trump haters, it's DC.

Of course they weren't going to come out on Inauguration Day, especially in the rain, for Trump.

Has nothing to do with skin color...although I'm sure the fact that Obama was our first black president did lead to more people wanting to be there in order to be a witness to that piece of original history.

But that wasn't my point.
Okay, I'll buy that Mike. Actually the race thing though didn't rush into my head, its already pretty much seeded there as you well know. Your reaction was very, I'd say, professional.
One other note and I'll drop it. DC proper is what, 100 sq. miles or so? Thats roughly 1/5 the size of Houston. Where was all of rural Virginia or other nearby areas outside the square? I'll go out on a limb and say race played a part in it. Not all of it due to the weather forecast, but a large part of it.

FantasticDan
01-22-2017, 12:37 AM
The only thing more pathetic than Trump today was his Press Sec :lol: :bang:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-press-secretary-claims-inauguration-grew-largest-crowd-article-1.2952666

highnote
01-22-2017, 01:29 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-press-secretary-claims-inauguration-grew-largest-crowd-article-1.2952666

Man, that guy sure is being defensive. Who cares how large or small the crowd was?

Crowd size is not related to hand size. If you know what I mean. :lol:

Or is it? :eek:

davew
01-22-2017, 01:58 AM
the televised address drew over a couple hundred million worldwide.

An interesting parade perspective, I like the booing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqI6062AFOc

NJ Stinks
01-22-2017, 02:11 AM

One thing worth contemplating when looking at the size of the crowd at the Obama's 2009 Inauguration is that if you multiply that mass of humanity by 6, you will grasp how many more people in this country voted for Hillary Clinton than Donny.

Some mandate. :rolleyes:

EasyGoer89
01-22-2017, 02:48 AM
One thing worth contemplating when looking at the size of the crowd at the Obama's 2009 Inauguration is that if you multiply that mass of humanity by 6, you will grasp how many more people in this country voted for Hillary Clinton than Donny.

Fake news.

woodtoo
01-22-2017, 08:11 AM

If those 2 million Hillary voters were the Nasty woman who marched yesterday, you can have them..please take them. I say we mandate it. :lol:

ps; Have a little class its President Trump now. :(

johnhannibalsmith
01-22-2017, 09:49 AM
ps; Have a little class its President Trump now. :(

:D

Yeah, everyone was sure to always say President 0bammy. :lol:

woodtoo
01-22-2017, 09:51 AM

Yeah, everyone was sure to always say President 0bammy. :lol:
Not me, that I recall. :D

FantasticDan
01-22-2017, 10:51 AM
http://image.syracuse.com/home/syr-media/width960/img/post-standard/photo/2017/01/21/-eef9090b08376411.jpg

RunForTheRoses
01-22-2017, 10:54 AM
Lots of Angry People:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4143964/The-boldest-placards-Trump-protests.html

EasyGoer89
01-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Lots of Angry People:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4143964/The-boldest-placards-Trump-protests.html

8 years is 2,920 days. You all have Trump for 8 years and then probably Ivanka or Don Jr after thst.

A lifetime of Trumps!

Tom
01-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Looks like horsey willed his meme link to FanDan.

Marshall Bennett
01-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Lots of Angry People:

Almost makes ya wish a couple F-16's had flown in and suddenly drowned out all the insanity. :lol:

FantasticDan
01-22-2017, 01:00 PM

They weren't flat-out lies, they were "ALTERNATIVE FACTS"
:lol: :bang: :lol: :bang: :lol: :bang:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/22/politics/kellyanne-conway-alternative-facts/index.html

Tom
01-22-2017, 01:36 PM
I thought the new Press Secretary was spot on.
This is going to be a fun ride.

The Lame Stream Media is in for a rude awakening.

ElKabong
01-22-2017, 10:06 PM

The tone is set. Trump is giving the finger to the press, doubt that changes. Twitterville is going to be active

I don't see any problem with it, myself. We have another election in fours years, if people don't like it they can step up and vote.

The media did everything they could to defeat trump. The media can't be trusted, that much is proven. The White House calls the shots and people have to get used to it.

davew
01-22-2017, 11:00 PM
for both sides

http://i.imgur.com/h3vQlsT.jpg

EasyGoer89
01-22-2017, 11:04 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/22/politics/kellyanne-conway-alternative-facts/index.html

CNN? LOL

FAKE NEWS

fast4522
01-22-2017, 11:08 PM

I agree with that, but think he will be the first to be fired.

highnote
01-22-2017, 11:23 PM
I don't see any problem with it, myself. We have another election in fours years, if people don't like it they can step up and vote.

I don't have a problem with it, either. Other presidents have treated the press the same or similarly. Plenty of examples if one cared to look it up.

The media did everything they could to defeat trump.

The media is more than just CNN and NYTimes. There are plenty of conservative media outlets that tried to help Trump.

The media can't be trusted, that much is proven.

Fake news stories can't be trusted, that's for sure. Journalists at the major outlets are mostly honest in my experience. They may be biased, but I don't think most journalists intentionally lie.

The White House calls the shots and people have to get used to it.

That's the way it has always been and will be for the foreseeable future.

ElKabong
01-22-2017, 11:35 PM
The media is more than just CNN and NYTimes. There are plenty of conservative media outlets that tried to help Trump.

Other than fox from 8pm till midnight eastern time, please, fill me in...

ElKabong
01-22-2017, 11:37 PM

After the holidays, I used AlernativeFacts to read the scale... This set well with me.

rastajenk
01-23-2017, 07:54 AM
There are also plenty of conservative media outlets that tried to help defeat Trump; probably more than those that tried to help him win. I doubt if there was a single liberal source that opined against Clinton.

Trump is not a conservative, which makes the widening divide even harder for me to comprehend. America First does not automatically equal Conservative.

FantasticDan
01-23-2017, 10:51 AM
Gentleman in Chief, 2009.
Shithead in Chief, 2017.

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2017/01/21/11/two-types-of-men-2.gif

https://www.indy100.com/article/difference-barack-obama-donald-trump-two-videos-playback-7538906

johnhannibalsmith
01-23-2017, 11:02 AM
Gentleman in Chief, 2009.
Shithead in Chief, 2017.

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2017/01/21/11/two-types-of-men-2.gif

https://www.indy100.com/article/difference-barack-obama-donald-trump-two-videos-playback-7538906

Cue 0bammy is p-whipped posts. :D

Marshall Bennett
01-23-2017, 12:23 PM
There are also plenty of conservative media outlets that tried to help defeat Trump; probably more than those that tried to help him win.
Who are these conservative media outlets? Fox News leans right, but nothing extreme. Not talking about any particular member there, but the network in general. The 3 primary networks (CBS NBC ABC) have been far left for at least 3 decades now. Add CNN and MSNBC which are off the charts left. I don't what other news outlets related to television you are referring to that really matter.

johnhannibalsmith
01-23-2017, 01:17 PM
https://sports-images.vice.com/images/highlights/meta/2017/01/22/dallas-stars-troll-trump-and-his-lying-inauguration-attendance-numbers-on-jumbotron-1485125520.png

davew
01-23-2017, 01:51 PM
the lamesteam media wants to push their own agenda and do not understand the difference between 'audience' and 'crowd'

ElKabong
01-23-2017, 02:02 PM
https://sports-images.vice.com/images/highlights/meta/2017/01/22/dallas-stars-troll-trump-and-his-lying-inauguration-attendance-numbers-on-jumbotron-1485125520.png

That Spicer guy.... We really have to get him off the Stars payroll

rastajenk
01-23-2017, 03:20 PM
Who are these conservative media outlets? Fox News leans right, but nothing extreme. Not talking about any particular member there, but the network in general. The 3 primary networks (CBS NBC ABC) have been far left for at least 3 decades now. Add CNN and MSNBC which are off the charts left. I don't what other news outlets related to television you are referring to that really matter.I wasn't really referring to broadcast media, and I suppose I overreached when I used the word "plenty." But online/print media like National Review and Weekly Standard, and aggregators like Powerline and Hot Air had NeverTrump strains of varying degrees. And just about every token in-house conservative that the mainstream liberal media outlets roll out was against him.

Edit: I used "plenty" because I was responding to Highnotes use of "plenty of conservative outlets."

FantasticDan
01-26-2017, 12:20 AM
gneBUA39mnI