PDA

View Full Version : Prayer For Relief Situation

SuperPickle
01-17-2017, 11:06 AM
I know this time of year this forum's focus is generally wild, unsubstantiated accusations of cheating and corruption based on things like "gut feelings" but I'm disappointed no one is talking about the Prayer For Relief thing.

The horse is 9. I believe has 16 straight losses dating back to 2014. And is coming but off a 30+ length defeat. So why not race him in the Pegasus.

Stuff like this so bad for racing. Best case scenario he gets beat 20 lengths worse case scenario he dies on the track. The last thing horse racing needs is this horse in this race.

And first person who says anything nice about Dale Romans moving forward can eat my poo. If he was a human being he's hand the shank back to Zayat. The horse should be at Old Friends not being used as a prop so some rich guys can say they have a horse in the richest horse race in the world.

Tom
01-17-2017, 12:20 PM
Having no interest at all in the Pegasus, or any other race run at GP, am I hearing you correctly?

Richest race ever run and hit has absolutely no class.
Boycott it and the POS track that will allow it to happen.

elhelmete
01-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Having no interest at all in the Pegasus, or any other race run at GP, am I hearing you correctly?

Richest race ever run and hit has absolutely no class.
Boycott it and the POS track that will allow it to happen.

Do you ever post positively about the awesome, non-POS tracks you play or follow?

Grits
01-17-2017, 01:06 PM
"He worked so good Saturday. He's doing so well," said Romans. "He'd just come back from Dubai and it took him a couple races. He may not be as good as he once was, but I think he can be as good once as he ever was." After the work, Romans said Zayat asked him whether he felt the horse fit in the Pegasus World Cup. "I told him not to duck anyone," Romans said.

From the Blood Horse piece.

Really poor choice of words, the entire quote is pathetic actually.

EasyGoer89
01-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Some on Twitter talking about it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/brooklyncowboy1/status/821011509799190531

https://mobile.twitter.com/carlykaiser/status/820828102565785603

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamIAmNot/status/821016804822659073

Mulerider
01-17-2017, 03:06 PM
I have little patience for owners who put their own ego ahead of their horse's welfare. Prayer for Relief should not run in this race. I saw him up close in the paddock at the 2011 LaD Super Derby, which he won. Very nice horse. He deserves better.

johnhannibalsmith
01-17-2017, 11:38 PM
Gee how surprising we'd get must-be-seen owners entering like idiots into a race so clearly prestigious that only people that shell out $100 to watch a sport nobody gives a rat's ass about can attend.

edited because I put an apostrophe in a ridiculous spot for no reason. The sort of thing I see all the time and shake my head at. And I just did it in the most egregious manner. yikes.

okay I edited it again because I realized that it was supposed to be after "rat". I guess this must have been one of those cases of the mind and the fingers not quite orchestrating things so well because damn it was close but so comically misplaced.

AskinHaskin
01-18-2017, 12:04 AM
I know this time of year this forum's focus is generally wild, unsubstantiated accusations of cheating and corruption based on things like "gut feelings" but I'm disappointed no one is talking about the Prayer For Relief thing.

The horse is 9. I believe has 16 straight losses dating back to 2014. And is coming but off a 30+ length defeat. So why not race him in the Pegasus.

Stuff like this so bad for racing. Best case scenario he gets beat 20 lengths worse case scenario he dies on the track. The last thing horse racing needs is this horse in this race.

And first person who says anything nice about Dale Romans moving forward can eat my poo. If he was a human being he's hand the shank back to Zayat. The horse should be at Old Friends not being used as a prop so some rich guys can say they have a horse in the richest horse race in the world.

Prayer for Relief has 20 straight losses dating back through 2014, he has a career bankroll of $2,027,948 and a life-best dirt Beyer of 106. His career bankroll earned on dirt or synthetic is that same $2,027,948.

War Envoy is 1-for-his-last-20, has a career bankroll of $235,970 and a life-best dirt Beyer of 87 AND he has never won a race away from grass, while still eligible for any non-winners-of-3 event. His last 3 speed figures are 74, 76 and 73. War Envoy's career bankroll earned on dirt or synthetic is $10,758.

Now shouldn't you get your priorities straight if you're going to complain about what another man does with his horse? Especially considering that Prayer for Relief has earned 1200 times as much on dirt as has War Envoy.

Tom
01-18-2017, 07:56 AM

Seems to say it all.
Should Arrogate reconsider?

Tom
01-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Do you ever post positively about the awesome, non-POS tracks you play or follow?

Tampa Bay is A-1 on a daily basis. :ThmbUp:
Penn National is pretty decent most of the time.

EasyGoer89
01-28-2017, 06:08 PM
PFR beaten about 25?

FrankieFigs
01-29-2017, 10:54 PM
PFR beaten about 25?

33 3/4, about 4 1/4 more than Cali Chrome.