PDA

View Full Version : Obama Pardoned

mostpost
01-16-2017, 07:32 PM
During their visit to the White House today, the Chicago Cubs-in keeping with the tradition of out going Presidents-issued a "Midnight Pardon" to Barack Obama for being a White Sox fan.

HalvOnHorseracing
01-16-2017, 07:42 PM
During their visit to the White House today, the Chicago Cubs-in keeping with the tradition of out going Presidents-issued a "Midnight Pardon" to Barack Obama for being a White Sox fan.
Six guys lost their dinner after reading the headline. But lucky for them it was a "fake" pardon.

mostpost
01-16-2017, 08:14 PM
Six guys lost their dinner after reading the headline. But lucky for them it was a "fake" pardon.
Of course I am biased in two ways; Cubs fan and Obama supporter, but I thought it was a great ceremony. For a White Sox fan, Obama knew a lot about the Cubs.
I'm sure that had nothing to do with the White House Research Staff. :lol:

horses4courses
01-16-2017, 08:40 PM
Come Friday, there will be a new home for the Billy Goat.
He will fit right in on the White House lawn. ;)

Perhaps, he will be allowed to bring a few family members along. :lol:

reckless
01-18-2017, 05:59 PM
Of course I am biased in two ways; Cubs fan and Obama supporter, but I thought it was a great ceremony. For a White Sox fan, Obama knew a lot about the Cubs.
I'm sure that had nothing to do with the White House Research Staff. :lol:

Yes, mosty, he seemed to know a lot about the Cubs.

Trouble is, he knew absolutely nothing about the Pale Hose and Cominsky Park.

ElKabong
01-18-2017, 09:57 PM

And , he throws like a girl.

Trump would pick Obama up by the .... Never mind ;)

mostpost
02-01-2017, 12:41 AM

I have known a number of southsiders and other Chicagoans who pronounced Comisky as Cominsky. It's a Chicago thing. To be honest, I think Obama was doing it to be psuedo cool. I doubt he really pronounces it that way.