PDA

View Full Version : U2 delays new album release

RunForTheRoses
01-15-2017, 04:26 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4107258/U2-delays-new-album-release-election-Donald-Trump.html

U2 had delayed the release of its new album because of the election of Donald Trump (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/donald_trump/index.html) as president of the United States.

Aww they need a safe space.

rastajenk
01-15-2017, 04:27 PM
Wow...is there no end to this kind of lunacy? :D

RunForTheRoses
01-15-2017, 04:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_TBUB9IqPo

PhantomOnTour
01-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Wonder what the fine people of Ireland would think if some American recording group was trying to get involved in their politics

Uh oh...the Counting Crows are pissed about what's going on in Ulster, we had better rethink things!

Tom
01-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Must not be much of an album if they plan to revise it after they thought it ready to release. :lol: :lol:

BTW, Bono, there are only two messages any album sends:

It sucks or it doens't.

Get over your freaking self, dude, you ain't all the important. You are a singer.
Nothing important. :lol: :lol: :lol:

woodtoo
01-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Listen to the last album backwards to get the meaning of the new one and save yourself some money. Their songs sound all alike anyways. :eek:

HuggingTheRail
01-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Where are the Dixie Chicks these days? :lol:

zico20
01-15-2017, 06:22 PM
Listen to the last album backwards to get the meaning of the new one and save yourself some money. Their songs sound all alike anyways. :eek:

I have never liked anything they have put out. Most overrated band of all time. Okay, I think I might like one song, possibly.

johnhannibalsmith
01-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Bono, the male Madonna. Go hang out with Sean Penn and Ben AFLAC at the important person clubhouse.

FantasticDan
01-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Maybe they just want to include Trump on the new album?? :ThmbUp:

zpf-jaX9MFo

woodtoo
01-15-2017, 07:59 PM
I have never liked anything they have put out. Most overrated band of all time. Okay, I think I might like one song, possibly.
"When love comes to town" live w/BB King is one I like, not sure who wrote it.
Also "One" but the Johnny Cash version.

anotherCAfan
01-17-2017, 12:40 AM
Voted for Trump but opened the wallet to see U2 at the Rose Bowl.

They put on an incredible live show -- although Kygo gave them a run for their money.

Can't wait to see them.

delayjf
01-17-2017, 09:48 AM
I'm wondering if Trump is setting back wondering if Bono's taxes are in order.

jballscalls
01-17-2017, 09:58 AM
Where are the Dixie Chicks these days? :lol:

selling out arenas around the country and around the world.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7476242/dixie-chicks-dcx-mmxvi-tour-billboard-boxscore

I think this is an advertising ploy by U2. Doing anything because of Trump does get you in the headlines, I mean who knew there was a bruce springsteen cover band called the B Street Band until they cancelled the inaugural? I had never heard of a couple of the people who cancelled from the Inauguration. U2's last record they forced to everyone on Itunes and it was horrific. Personally I would have never known they had a new record out, but since they're backing out of putting it out, I at least know.

RunForTheRoses
01-17-2017, 10:39 AM

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7476242/dixie-chicks-dcx-mmxvi-tour-billboard-boxscore

I think this is an advertising ploy by U2. Doing anything because of Trump does get you in the headlines, I mean who knew there was a bruce springsteen cover band called the B Street Band until they cancelled the inaugural? I had never heard of a couple of the people who cancelled from the Inauguration. U2's last record they forced to everyone on Itunes and it was horrific. Personally I would have never known they had a new record out, but since they're backing out of putting it out, I at least know.

They are also going out on tour. I wanted to see them again, had seen them in 87, tickets are very unfan friendly. Greedy hypocritical MFers. I like their old stuff and that 2000 album, they lost me for the most part in the 90s although there is some good stuff like One.

johnhannibalsmith
01-17-2017, 10:51 AM
I always liked some of the angry Irish stuff early on and would have liked to have seen a concert from back when you did. I can't remember what year it was or much of anything else from that time honestly, but I saw them during the Zooropa (or whatever) Tour I believe. I actually went to see Primus mainly, who opened for them. The U2 show was wild. I can't even remember where I was when I saw it; It wasn't SPAC but for some reason I can't shake the memory of it being outdoors in Saratoga. Moral of the pointless story is that the one thing that I do remember is that they put on a hell of a show even though I really did not like the material that was their pop stuff at that time.

Edited to add: After 10 seconds on Google, I can say with reasonable certainty it would be 8/18/92 at the Saratoga Raceway.

RunForTheRoses
01-17-2017, 11:10 AM
I always liked some of the angry Irish stuff early on and would have liked to have seen a concert from back when you did. I can't remember what year it was or much of anything else from that time honestly, but I saw them during the Zooropa (or whatever) Tour I believe. I actually went to see Primus mainly, who opened for them. The U2 show was wild. I can't even remember where I was when I saw it; It wasn't SPAC but for some reason I can't shake the memory of it being outdoors in Saratoga. Moral of the pointless story is that the one thing that I do remember is that they put on a hell of a show even though I really did not like the material that was their pop stuff at that time.

Edited to add: After 10 seconds on Google, I can say with reasonable certainty it would be 8/18/92 at the Saratoga Raceway.

The zoo stuff was such a big change from the earlier stuff but little by little I realize there was some good stuff in there. They are a good live band, tickets not way up top are really really expensive so most likely I'll pas.

S R must have been a cool place to see a show. I know racetracks have held big shows over the years- Atlantic City Pop Fest right after Woodstock, Roosevelt Raceway held a CSNY gig in the 70s, Parr Meadows had some sort of Woodstock 1979, the downs at Santa Fe hosted the Dead....

Tom
01-17-2017, 12:25 PM
I think they are very good band.
I just have no interest at all what any of them think.

They are entertainers. The help. Nothing more.

BaffertsWig
01-17-2017, 01:34 PM

Agree 100%, absolutely an advertising stunt; also wouldn't have known about the new album if it weren't for this. The music industry has seen record sales steadily decline at a fast rate ever since the advent of torrenting. And since technology has rapidly progressed (i.e. internet speeds) since the infancy of Napster back in the late 90s, high-quality encoded album rips can be downloaded in less than a minute, making the act of pirating music, movies, etc. easier than ever. Not that U2 is starving or anything, it's probably more of an ego thing. A friend of mine used to live in New York a few years ago and worked in the music industry as an engineer and Bono came in to record something with them. He said Bono was the most egotistical, condescending, pompous douchecanoe he's ever worked with. Not surprising, really.

jballscalls
01-17-2017, 02:25 PM
A friend of mine used to live in New York a few years ago and worked in the music industry as an engineer and Bono came in to record something with them. He said Bono was the most egotistical, condescending, pompous douchecanoe he's ever worked with. Not surprising, really.

My most interesting music run in was I was doing some voice over commercials at a big studio in Seattle back in like 2006. When I finished I was sitting in the waiting area for my cab to come and Eddie Vedder and Sean Penn came in (they were doing stuff for that movie Into the Wild). Penn starts smoking a cigarette inside and the front desk lady asked him to step outside cause you're not allowed to smoke indoors in WA. He snarled and said "don't sweat it" and kept smoking. Eddie then proceeded to ask him to step out and respect her workplace. After they stepped out the lady told me Eddie is always super nice and Penn was always a meanie.

RunForTheRoses
01-17-2017, 03:45 PM
I just got an email for presage of Steely Dan, a band I like a real lot but at $250 for the good seats not sure I can pull the trigger. I've never seen them and having an excuse to go to Vegas around my birthday is nice but that seems like a lot of money. Presale code is GRAZIESTEELY if anyone is interested.