PDA

View Full Version : What's up at Delta Downs - scratches galore?

Parkview_Pirate
01-13-2017, 08:26 PM
I don't play Delta that often, but the last couple of weeks I've noticed they seem to have a ton of scratches. Tonight's nine race card has no less than 50 scratches on a fast track. Since it's a bullring, the AEs of the :11: and :12: are often scratched, but this seems a little crazy.

Anyone know what's going on? Virus or horsemen's squabble?

green80
01-13-2017, 08:37 PM
EHV-1 virus, all tracks in Louisiana quarantined, no ship ins allowed. Delta has

been taking entries, but if you have to ship in you will be scratched. If no new

cases develop, the ban may be lifted monday.

Lemon Drop Husker
01-13-2017, 08:42 PM
Been a crapfest.

But hey, they had a $7.40 winner in a 2 horse race tonight. :ThmbUp:

Parkview_Pirate
01-13-2017, 10:07 PM
Hey Green80, thanks for the update. I had read about the virus a couple of weeks ago at the Fairgrounds, but they only had 13 scratches tonight on an eight race card. Perhaps some of the entries were taken at Delta in hopes the quarantine would be lifted by today - lots of wasted ink on those programs and forms....

Will be glad to see them back in full force. Can't pick my nose at the Fairgrounds, but sometimes the bias is pretty pronounced at Delta, and you can get a price....

therussmeister
01-14-2017, 02:12 AM
EHV-1 virus, all tracks in Louisiana quarantined, no ship ins allowed. Delta has

been taking entries, but if you have to ship in you will be scratched. If no new

cases develop, the ban may be lifted monday.
Don't hold your breath (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/219071/more-horses-test-positive-for-ehv-i-at-fair-grounds)