PDA

View Full Version : you can no longer view california race replays on the day of the race

dilanesp
01-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Effective Friday, January 6, 2017, the California industry will utilize a third-party vendor to provide live streaming and enhanced replay services. This change to a paid subscription service will enable us to deliver better services and products to California racing fans, including HD video, better mobile technology, Roku-enabled video for display on home television sets, and live streaming and replays for racetracks located outside of California. It will also help us to better prevent piracy of our video signals.

EMD4ME
01-13-2017, 07:26 PM

Yup....when I first bitched about NYRA's TV channel, 95% of responses were:

1) EMD Grow up
2) EMD suck it up
3) EMD get used to it
4) 45 second lag times are fine

Now, do you, PA Nation, see why I have manure fits on crap that kills the industry?

Tom
01-13-2017, 07:44 PM
Piracy = BETTORS trying to watch races they are betting on.

I know hookers with more credibility than California racing.

no breathalyzer
01-13-2017, 10:09 PM

1) EMD Grow up
2) EMD suck it up
3) EMD get used to it

Now, do you, PA Nation, see why I have manure fits on crap that kills the industry?

that is unacceptable don't even bother if you going to do this

SuperPickle
01-13-2017, 10:17 PM

1) EMD Grow up
2) EMD suck it up
3) EMD get used to it

Honestly I've never seen someone complain so much about having to buy a $25 glorified cable box to continue watching the NYRA channel.

AltonKelsey
01-13-2017, 11:43 PM
Honestly I've never seen someone complain so much about having to buy a $25 glorified cable box to continue watching the NYRA channel.

My understanding was the old format NYRA channel is dead, and that they are only streaming the same content (NYRA only) on Roku as you can see on the NYRA web page.

Is that correct or not?

cj
01-14-2017, 12:33 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135148