PDA

View Full Version : Biden tribute

FantasticDan
01-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Pres. Obama awarded Vice Pres. Joseph Robinette Biden Jr, the Pres. Medal of Freedom (with Distinction) today in a very heartfelt and emotional surprise ceremony..

Great stuff. :ThmbUp:

LjKZhSCTwp4

ElKabong
01-12-2017, 06:56 PM
do you not find it odd, all these tired ass tributes? Moochelle gave another one today

Seriously Obama (and admin), just get out of town already. Your agenda was voted out. Take a hint

boxcar
01-12-2017, 07:05 PM
Pres. Obama awarded Vice Pres. Joseph Robinette Biden Jr, the Pres. Medal of Freedom (with Distinction) today in a very heartfelt and emotional surprise ceremony..

Ahh...did you have a big sopping crying towel handy for the occasion? Don't forget to wring it out in a bottle and put a cork in it. Those tears will last longer.

By the way...using the term "great" in the context of Biden truly diminishes the value of the word.

chadk66
01-12-2017, 08:03 PM
the best tribute you could give old Joe is all the gaff's in a montage :D

ReplayRandall
01-12-2017, 08:12 PM

In one of the few times I absolutely agree with FantasticDan, the heartfelt ceremony with Joe Biden was a good thing for this country. Joe was a good and faithful servant, even though I didn't agree with much of his politics.....To those who chose to act like jerks in this thread, you can kiss my ass....You're too far to the f**king extreme right, next to the abyss..:bang:

Greyfox
01-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Joe is a good well-meaning man.
He would have been a better candidate than Hillary.
Whether or not he would have beaten Trump is debateable, but we'll never know.

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Joe is a fool. A career politician who has accomplished nothing. He went along hook, line and sinker with the anti American Obama and his radical agenda so in my book good riddance step aside and watch the return of America for the people!

Clocker
01-12-2017, 08:52 PM
He is just warming up.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1_9c3KVIAAGzvs.jpg:small

OntheRail
01-12-2017, 09:05 PM
it's okay if Obama wants to pat Ol' Joe on the back, that is cool... but if he wanted to express gratitude he could of dipped into his own pocket and got Joe a watch.

What did Joe do to merit a Medal of Freedom (with Distinction)... other then stand by Obama for 8 yrs nodding and grinning between and occasional foot in mouth moment.

Grits
01-12-2017, 09:10 PM
In one of the few times I absolutely agree with FantasticDan, the heartfelt ceremony with Joe Biden was a good thing for this country. Joe was a good and faithful servant, even though I didn't agree with much of his politics.....To those who chose to act like jerks in this thread, you can kiss my ass....You're too far to the f**king extreme right, next to the abyss..:bang:

It takes a good man, R2, to recognize another good man.

Some of you, men, are so far gone. It's sad. You're like a Pit Bull on a chain, with distemper, bailing wire wrapped around his testicles.

jk3521
01-12-2017, 09:28 PM

Some of you, men, are so far gone. It's sad. You're like a Pit Bull on a chain, with distemper, bailing wire wrapped around his testicles.

:D :jump: :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
01-12-2017, 10:45 PM

I love it when you talk dirty ;)

ElKabong
01-12-2017, 11:02 PM
I love it when you talk dirty ;)

The self congratulatory bullshit is truly disgusting. R2, you may kiss my ass as well. :kiss:

Seriously, the admin was a failure but the entire week has been "I'm great, no you're great, no we're all great"

Meanwhile, the economy is in the shitter. Go congratulate each other after you leave town, please

HalvOnHorseracing
01-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Biden is a sincere guy. And he's one guy who is leaving public office about as poor as when he started.

The man also had more personal tragedy than most of us could bear in a lifetime.

When Biden was being interviewed by Andrea Mitchell he told a story about when his son Beau was diagnosed with brain cancer. Even with insurance it was going to cost a lot for his treatment. Joe said, don't worry, we can sell the house if we have to. When Obama heard that he told Biden to not even think about selling the house. If he needed the money, Obama said he'd give it to him.

The two men were sincerely friends. Obama wasn't motivated by trying to look good, and nobody would have ever known if Biden didn't tell the story. I don't care what you think about Obama, or Biden for that matter. In fact, you could have put the two most right wing Republicans in there and I'd have said the same thing. Obama was a true friend to Biden and you could only hope to have as good friend in your times of need. For all the crap people sling at Obama here, he showed tremendous class and empathy toward his friend.That means as much to me as anything.

ReplayRandall
01-12-2017, 11:50 PM
The self congratulatory bullshit is truly disgusting. R2, you may kiss my ass as well. :kiss:

Seriously, the admin was a failure but the entire week has been "I'm great, no you're great, no we're all great"

Meanwhile, the economy is in the shitter. Go congratulate each other after you leave town, please

The ceremony was for a LIFETIME of faithful public service, you stubborn horse's ass, it ain't about politics.....Elky, go find a good proctologist and have your head pulled out..:faint:

thaskalos
01-12-2017, 11:51 PM

My money says that the Trump administration will make the Obama years seem like a SUCCESS.

Tom
01-13-2017, 07:30 AM
It was a nice gesture.
Or, as Joe would say, "This is a big F*** deal!" :cool: :D

ElKabong
01-13-2017, 08:30 AM
The ceremony was for a LIFETIME of faithful public service, you stubborn horse's ass, it ain't about politics.....Elky, go find a good proctologist and have your head pulled out..:faint:

Nah. I just found an anal retentive old fart to react to me.

The guy is a buffoon. (Stand up, no wait, you can't stand up Chuck! You're in a wheelchair). THIS is who 0bama chose to award a lifetime achievement honor to :lol:

Lifetime achievement for....Not knowing WTF he's talking about, or worse, lying thru his teeth. Remember the Katie's restaurant nonsense. If not, then educate yourself.

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/10/03/you-can-find-anything-you-want-except-katies-restaurant/

BIDEN: Can I respond? Look, all you have to do is go down Union Street with me in Wilmington or go to Katie’s Restaurant or walk into Home Depot with me where I spend a lot of time and you ask anybody in there whether or not the economic and foreign policy of this administration has made them better off in the last eight years. And then ask them whether there’s a single major initiative that John

Maybe Biden doesn’t get around in his neighborhood very often. Curtis Sliwa of WABC called around Wilmington this morning to find Katie’s Restaurant, only to discover that it went out of business — during the Clinton Administration:

Clocker
01-13-2017, 08:39 AM
It was a nice gesture.
Or, as Joe would say, "This is a big F*** deal!" :cool: :D

The consensus in this thread seems to be that Biden was a competent soldier in the Democratic Party, a great guy, and didn't get rich while feeding at the public trough. And that puts him head and shoulders above the vast majority of people in our government. From either party.

ElKabong
01-13-2017, 09:10 AM
The consensus in this thread seems to be that Biden was a competent soldier in the Democratic Party, a great guy, and didn't get rich while feeding at the public trough. And that puts him head and shoulders above the vast majority of people in our government. From either party.

I'd disagree.

Not pounding this in the ground, but here's a list of gaffes or straightout lies. This is no "good soldier". It's a buffoon who can't get his story straight. Sometimes just says>> F it, I'm lying thru my teeth

https://rakesprogress.wordpress.com/tag/list-of-biden-lies/

1. Forced Down by Terrorists? (Kerry stated the heli wasn't forced down)

2. FDR Did What? (got on television when the market crashed!)

4. Working in Coal Mine (“Hope you won’t hold it against me, but I am a hard coal miner "...while his great-grandfather was a mining engineer, his father ran a Delaware car dealership and worked in the oil business. His campaign tried to spin the comments as a joke.)

7. You in the Wheelchair, Get Up! (the video is more gold than I can put into words)

9. Shot at Seven Times in Iraq? (Biden said in a CNN/YouTube debate on July 23, 2007, that he was shot at seven times inside Iraq’s Green Zone.
Two weeks later, however, he amended his story, telling The Hill newspaper, “I was near where a shot landed.” )

11. Biden on Race (In June 2006, at the outset of a run for the presidency, Biden joked on camera, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”)

12. Grandson of a Coal Miner? (Biden's 1988 presidential bid imploded when it was revealed he was lifting parts of his stump speech — and parts of his supposed family history — from a speech given by British Labor Party leader Neil Kinnock.

boxcar
01-13-2017, 11:25 AM
I'd disagree.

Not pounding this in the ground, but here's a list of gaffes or straightout lies. This is no "good soldier". It's a buffoon who can't get his story straight. Sometimes just says>> F it, I'm lying thru my teeth

https://rakesprogress.wordpress.com/tag/list-of-biden-lies/

1. Forced Down by Terrorists? (Kerry stated the heli wasn't forced down)

2. FDR Did What? (got on television when the market crashed!)

4. Working in Coal Mine (“Hope you won’t hold it against me, but I am a hard coal miner "...while his great-grandfather was a mining engineer, his father ran a Delaware car dealership and worked in the oil business. His campaign tried to spin the comments as a joke.)

7. You in the Wheelchair, Get Up! (the video is more gold than I can put into words)

9. Shot at Seven Times in Iraq? (Biden said in a CNN/YouTube debate on July 23, 2007, that he was shot at seven times inside Iraq’s Green Zone.
Two weeks later, however, he amended his story, telling The Hill newspaper, “I was near where a shot landed.” )

11. Biden on Race (In June 2006, at the outset of a run for the presidency, Biden joked on camera, “You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”)

12. Grandson of a Coal Miner? (Biden's 1988 presidential bid imploded when it was revealed he was lifting parts of his stump speech — and parts of his supposed family history — from a speech given by British Labor Party leader Neil Kinnock.

It's no wonder at all that the Buffoon-in-Chief chose another buffoon as his second back in '08. Buffoons of the same stripe would most assuredly be mutually appealing.

JustRalph
01-13-2017, 11:49 AM
As an actual grandson of a coal miner, I'm appalled!

My older brother worked in "the mines" as it's called locally in KY and WV

What type of glory does this kind of claim bring?

OntheRail
01-13-2017, 11:54 AM
As an actual grandson of a coal miner, I'm appalled!

My older brother worked in "the mines" as it's called locally in KY and WV

What type of glory does this kind of claim bring?
The Chameleon effect... see I'm just like you all... now vote for ME!

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2017, 01:01 PM
My money says that the Trump administration will make the Obama years seem like a SUCCESS.When it comes to this election, your money has been nothing but dead. Pardon me while I continue to fade it.

thaskalos
01-16-2017, 01:36 PM
When it comes to this election, your money has been nothing but dead. Pardon me while I continue to fade it.

Your memory is failing you. The only time you selected Trump as the winner of this election was once 90% of the vote was in. Before that...you were "hedging" with your opinion, the way you usually do...so you could claim to be "right" no matter WHICH way the vote went. You know...that "I want Trump to win, but I don't think it's gonna happen" bit...

"CONTINUE to fade me"... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Your memory is failing you. The only time you selected Trump as the winner of this election was once 90% of the vote was in. Before that...you were "hedging" with your opinion, the way you usually do...so you could claim to be "right" no matter WHICH way the vote went. You know...that "I want Trump to win, but I don't think it's gonna happen" bit...

"CONTINUE to fade me"... :lol:I'm not out here talking about my money. I'm just telling you like it is brother, with yours.

I've been way more correct, in however way you want to frame it, about whom I've backed and how things turned out, then you have even sniffed.

So again, much like with ebcorde, I will go the opposite of what you say when it comes to politics and world events.

thaskalos
01-16-2017, 01:51 PM
I'm not out here talking about my money. I'm just telling you like it is brother, with yours.

I've been way more correct, in however way you want to frame it, about whom I've backed and how things turned out, then you have even sniffed.

So again, much like with ebcorde, I will go the opposite of what you say when it comes to politics and world events.

Did you select Trump as the winner of the last election?

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Did you select Trump as the winner of the last election?Whether one backed him or not, FEW people actually thought he was going to win as election day approached.

I did not think he was going to win. Being the jaded, cynical ****er that I am, I thought the election was a foregone conclusion, even if, in reality, it wasn't...meaning, somehow, someway, the powers that be would see to it that Trump lost, even if he won.

There were reports all over the place of rigged voting...people in back rooms filling out ballots...who knows how many, if any, were true. But that's what I THOUGHT would happen. And I posted it publicly. I took a realist view of the situation.

You hold this against me...why I do not know. You thought Trump would lose on the level...I thought, if it was on the level, he had a very good shot at winning, but I didn't and don't think it's on the level, so I thought he had little chance to actually win.

I'm still shocked he actually was named the winner. It actually makes me think that perhaps his supporters ARE being duped by his candidacy.

I believe, in certain parts of the country at least, that elections are RIGGED, or can easily be rigged if the situation dictates.

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2017, 02:03 PM
Did you select Trump as the winner of the last election?To answer your question directly, Trump was my selection to win the election and was the person I voted for...something I posted publicly before the election.

thaskalos
01-16-2017, 02:07 PM
To answer your question directly, Trump was my selection to win the election and was the person I voted for...something I posted publicly before the election.
You voted for him...but you added that you "didn't think it would happen". Your usual song-and-dance. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2017, 02:08 PM
You voted for him...but you added that you "didn't think it would happen". Your usual song-and-dance. :rolleyes:I did write recently that Trump would be the best president this country has ever had...so at last, you have something concrete to hold me on.

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2017, 02:11 PM
It's funny thask...people who hold absolutely to dogma (like Boxcar, for instance), I think you have trouble with people like that. They are stubborn and too rigid and not open minded.

People like me, who sometimes like to explore all avenues of a topic and adjust their opinions as the current reality presents itself, you criticize us too. We're "song and dance" people.

So really, nobody can win with you. I get it now.

Grits
01-16-2017, 02:11 PM
I did write recently that Trump would be the best president this country has ever had...so at last, you have something concrete to hold me on.

Hope you'll speak up if your feet ever begin to feel warm. Or better yet if your socks catch fire. ;)

thaskalos
01-16-2017, 02:12 PM
I did write recently that Trump would be the best president this country has ever had...so at last, you have something concrete to hold me on.
True...provided I stay here for that long. From what I've seen...the liberals don't have much LONGEVITY around here.

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2017, 02:12 PM
Yes, I know...it's like Nazi Germany around here. I should be working for US intelligence, according to Trump.

ElKabong
01-16-2017, 10:41 PM
the rhetoric in here is at an all time high. Sheesh.

"Longevity" for liberals here? Well, to tell the truth I'm really a hit man in real life. The mods here send me a smoke signal and I'm all over it.... :jump:

EasyGoer89
01-16-2017, 11:01 PM
Did you select Trump as the winner of the last election?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1731287&postcount=29

#winning :D

Dahoss9698
01-17-2017, 08:23 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1731287&postcount=29

#winning :D
I guess your plan now is to suck up to PA so he keeps you around? :lol:

Thats a good look for you.

ElKabong
01-17-2017, 11:47 AM
I guess your plan now is to suck up to PA so he keeps you around? :lol:

Thats a good look for you.

Yes, you nailed us yet again!

Most of us here are actually liberal democrats, the kind that chain ourselves to city hall in protest of important shit like no bike lanes on freeways and such...Problem is, our jobs during the Obama administration were vaporized. We've now been reduced to accepting PA's offer of $2,500 to post like we're conservatives. I think he got that idea from George Soros. He's evil....plain evil!

boxcar
01-17-2017, 12:20 PM
Yes, you nailed us yet again!

Most of us here are actually liberal democrats, the kind that chain ourselves to city hall in protest of important shit like no bike lanes on freeways and such...Problem is, our jobs during the Obama administration were vaporized. We've now been reduced to accepting PA's offer of $2,500 to post like we're conservatives. I think he got that idea from George Soros. He's evil....plain evil!

Very entrepreneurial of PA! The guy is awesome! He has a side biz which could be called Rent-a-Poster. That puts him right up there with the Frisco firm that does the Rent-a-Protester/Rioter thing. Very kool. :cool: :ThmbUp: