PDA

View Full Version : Secretary of State hearing--Rex Tillerson

Grits
01-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Have watched today, and still watching on CNN--with break for Trump's speech. I can easily see how this man rose to the top as CEO of Exxon Mobil having been with the corporation since 1975. He is brilliant. And most importantly, he is totally, completely unflappable as he's had decades of practice in the art of negotiation all over the world. Too, his demeanor is "less is more" with responses that are direct, and not to be misunderstood or misdirected. He politely made child's play out of Marco Rubio. Other Senators have seemed in awe of his manner under pressure.

I'm glad I have stock in Exxon Mobil. :lol:

I'm gonna tell you gentlemen like a friend, this is one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan. Wow. ;)

reckless
01-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Have watched today, and still watching on CNN--with break for Trump's speech. I can easily see how this man rose to the top as CEO of Exxon Mobil having been with the corporation since 1975. He is brilliant. And most importantly, he is totally, completely unflappable as he's had decades of practice in the art of negotiation all over the world. Too, his demeanor is "less is more" with responses that are direct, and not to be misunderstood or misdirected. He politely made child's play out of Marco Rubio. Other Senators have seemed in awe of his manner under pressure.

I'm gonna tell you gentlemen like a friend, this is one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan. Wow. ;)

Glad you started this thread, Grits. I figured that many of the PA OT-General posters would use the hearing to put the standard knock on him so I am glad to know he has at least two supporters here. :)

Also glad that you own stock in XOM too Grits. Rex Tillerson added over $200 billion in profits since he became the CEO in the early 2000s.

Please try to read this recent article out of Dallas about a side of Tillerson most of us do not know. A side that I am sure CNN will never mention.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2016/12/23/learned-exxon-ceo-rex-tillerson-spending-week-jury-duty

boxcar
01-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Trump is a die-hard, successful businessman at heart. As such, I'm pretty confident that all his nominations are success-based nominees. There will be no affirmative action types in this administration. And if by chance, some nominee doesn't perform up to Trump's expectations, Trump will fire him -- literally! And that's the way it should be because this is the way the real world works.

JustRalph
01-11-2017, 05:49 PM
The adults are back

FantasticDan
01-11-2017, 05:53 PM
The adults are backTrump's an adult? Do you mean, like, X-rated? :blush: :D

Greyfox
01-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Tillerson is an excellent choice, hopefully Rubio doesn't break ranks here.

JustRalph
01-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Hmmm.....

ebcorde
01-11-2017, 06:25 PM
yeah, He knows how to do whatever Trump wants. Problem is if its something bad, what will he do then? Eagle Scout or Oil yes man.

You have to answer CNN questions. You can't let Spicer/Conway on CNN then refuse Jim Acosta. CNN been waiting 6 months to ask the clown a question.

Media needs to grow balls.

trump approval rating below 40%

ebcorde
01-11-2017, 06:36 PM
Trump's an adult? Do you mean, like, X-rated? :blush: :D

you know Putin;s buddies supplied him with hot babes, Melania types but 20 years younger over there?????!!!!!!! They got tape of the Dufus sex acts and Putin watches for fun and LOL.
man, they clown on him. They are Laughing at us

Trump kinda admitted it,...!!!!!??? he talked about little cameras!!??? hmmm?
The guy was nabbed by Billy Bush, so you know Putin got him. Its a real life Homeland.

germaphobe? with one exception Hot chicks a-okay.

ElKabong
01-11-2017, 06:46 PM

You're a sharp lady, Grits.

As I've posted before, I went to high school with his wife. Hands down she's the nicest human being I've ever known or come across.

Someone as nice as Renda, she wouldn't marry someone without scruples. Her background wouldn't allow it. And I can attest she wouldn't have married for money either. First, she was an intelligent gal who did well for herself in the business world. Second, she was "raised right". Money and status never impressed her. She didnt hang with any cliques, had friendships that crossed every boundary on a Very diverse campus. She was one of a kind.

Greyfox
01-11-2017, 07:28 PM
you know Putin;s buddies supplied him with hot babes, Melania types but 20 years younger over there?????!!!!!!!

Unless you know that for a fact, and you don't, that is a horrible accusation to make about anyone! :ThmbDown:

Grits
01-11-2017, 08:01 PM
You're a sharp lady, Grits.

As I've posted before, I went to high school with his wife. Hands down she's the nicest human being I've ever known or come across.

Someone as nice as Renda, she wouldn't marry someone without scruples. Her background wouldn't allow it. And I can attest she wouldn't have married for money either. First, she was an intelligent gal who did well for herself in the business world. Second, she was "raised right". Money and status never impressed her. She didnt hang with any cliques, had friendships that crossed every boundary on a Very diverse campus. She was one of a kind.

How cool is that, ElKa!! Really cool that you went to school with Renda. We have something in common....she and myself. In my entire lifetime, I've never fit in with cliques. I've never been surrounded by other women, their clubs, their card games, etc. It's been solitary at times, but I'm real ok with that. I have my son, that's all I need. I'm strong that way. ;)

Glad you started this thread, Grits. I figured that many of the PA OT-General posters would use the hearing to put the standard knock on him so I am glad to know he has at least two supporters here. :)

Also glad that you own stock in XOM too Grits. Rex Tillerson added over $200 billion in profits since he became the CEO in the early 2000s.

Please try to read this recent article out of Dallas about a side of Tillerson most of us do not know. A side that I am sure CNN will never mention.

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/c...-week-jury-duty (http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2016/12/23/learned-exxon-ceo-rex-tillerson-spending-week-jury-duty)

Reckless, I've not yet, but I'll be sure to read this! Thanks for posting it.

UPDATE....Later, after I posted, Rubio came back again. He wanted Tillerson to admit or state, outright, that Putin, the Philippines leader, and others were guilty of war crimes. Calling them, war criminals. Tillerson didn't want to say this at this point in time as he's not had access to classified materials yet and to do this has legal implications. Too, for heaven sake, the man is not yet confirmed. Tillerson didn't turn a hair; told him exactly why he wouldn't call them war criminals. But, it wasn't enough for Rubio. Minutes after the exchange, Rubio appears in the hallway with his own press conference and goes on and on, refusing to state he will confirm him. It smacks of payback to Trump. .... Rubio is enchanted with his own mediocre importance. .... In closing, I'll note, CNN is all over it. Tillerson may have a way to go. But, I hope not. He's smarter than Trump and that was the goal for Trump to surround himself with the brightest. I'll give Trump credit, he did well today, until CNN's reporter pissed him off. :lol: Here's some Twitter comments I read, gentlemen.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/819220865208360960

letswastemoney
01-11-2017, 08:23 PM
I like Marco Rubio. He endorsed Donald Trump after the primaries were over and didn't waver, even after the pussy grabbing video.

I think Rubio sincerely believes this is a questionable choice. We'll see.

chadk66
01-11-2017, 08:33 PM
he will be cleared by congress quite easily. how awesome it must be following Clinton and Kerry into that office. you could only look like the greatest prospect in the world next to those two.

Grits
01-11-2017, 08:34 PM
I like Marco Rubio. He endorsed Donald Trump after the primaries were over and didn't waver, even after the pussy grabbing video.

I think Rubio sincerely believes this is a questionable choice. We'll see.

I wrote that a reporter pissed Trump off. The word's used here. You wrote p****, this word's not used here. It's common. From now on, how about you find another word when you're speaking of women.

Grits
01-11-2017, 08:36 PM
he will be cleared by congress quite easily. how awesome it must be following Clinton and Kerry into that office. you could only look like the greatest prospect in the world next to those two.

He's cleared by the committee. These appointments very, very rarely get held up, going to Congress.

CincyHorseplayer
01-11-2017, 11:19 PM

Have watched a few hours worth the last 2 days and both men have been solid. I wanted to listen to the interactions for myself after hearing and reading so much negative left fear mongering. No doubt they have the right stuff.

fast4522
01-12-2017, 12:54 AM
Some of what is seen in these conformations are nothing more than the left making noise, but truthfully that noise will be steamrolled. Soon those who think they have the stones to go against Trump the President will feel the wrath for doing so. Sure Cory Booker and little Marco got some microphone today, and sure they will both be around for a while but sure as shooting they will be served some special sauce soon. No I am not saying the next time they eat Chinese food, but they will not enjoy it.

NJ Stinks
01-12-2017, 01:18 AM
Some of what is seen in these conformations are nothing more than the left making noise, but truthfully that noise will be steamrolled. Soon those who think they have the stones to go against Trump the President will feel the wrath for doing so. Sure Cory Booker and little Marco got some microphone today, and sure they will both be around for a while but sure as shooting they will be served some special sauce soon. No I am not saying the next time they eat Chinese food, but they will not enjoy it.

What the hell does the above mean?

NJ Stinks
01-12-2017, 01:42 AM

I find the following disqualifying even if you don't, Grits:

It was early in the nine-hour hearing when Tillerson said he might recommend revoking President Obama’s actions punishing Russia for its cyberattack during the American election, which Tillerson acknowledged was probably approved by Putin.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) followed that with a blunt question: “Is Vladimir Putin a war criminal?”

“I would not use that term,” the Russian Order of Friendship laureate replied.

Rubio offered to “help” Tillerson reach that conclusion, describing his targeting of schools and markets in Syria that have killed thousands of civilians, and his earlier attacks on Chechnya, where he killed 300,000 civilians using cluster munitions and bombs that kill by asphyxiation. “You are still not prepared to say that Vladimir Putin and his military . . . have conducted war crimes?”

“I would want to have much more information before reaching a conclusion,” the nominee replied.

Rubio went on to ask about the broadly held view that Putin has approved the killing of “countless” opponents, dissidents and journalists.

“I do not have sufficient information to make that claim,” Tillerson replied.

“Do you think that was coincidental?” Rubio pressed.

Tillerson said “these things happen” to “people who speak up for freedom,” but he would need to know more.

Rubio was angry. “None of this is classified, Mr. Tillerson,” he said. “These people are dead.”

link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/tillersons-foreign-policy-russia-first/2017/01/11/3e076850-d855-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-b%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.43d891d1e69a

This may be "one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan" but I prefer somebody who I'm confident is negotiating in our behalf. Must be thousands of other candidates with less questionable motives who want the job. No?

JustRalph
01-12-2017, 01:56 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/_0Hour1__/status/819397628542746624

Watch Washington Post reporter take surrepticeous photos of Tillerson's notes, while he is away on break

NJ Stinks
01-12-2017, 02:08 AM

Watch Washington Post reporter take surrepticeous photos of Tillerson's notes, while he is away on break

Let's see if I've got this straight. Trump fans want the press to hack DNC computers (so the Russians don't have to!) to find and disclose all the bad stuff. But you don't want the press to take pictures of a Trump guy whose notes are sitting in the open on a table - just in case there is something bad to be found and disclose in those notes.

Got it. :rolleyes:

CincyHorseplayer
01-12-2017, 05:11 AM

It was early in the nine-hour hearing when Tillerson said he might recommend revoking President Obama’s actions punishing Russia for its cyberattack during the American election, which Tillerson acknowledged was probably approved by Putin.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) followed that with a blunt question: “Is Vladimir Putin a war criminal?”

Rubio offered to “help” Tillerson reach that conclusion, describing his targeting of schools and markets in Syria that have killed thousands of civilians, and his earlier attacks on Chechnya, where he killed 300,000 civilians using cluster munitions and bombs that kill by asphyxiation. “You are still not prepared to say that Vladimir Putin and his military . . . have conducted war crimes?”

“I would want to have much more information before reaching a conclusion,” the nominee replied.

Rubio went on to ask about the broadly held view that Putin has approved the killing of “countless” opponents, dissidents and journalists.

Tillerson said “these things happen” to “people who speak up for freedom,” but he would need to know more.

Rubio was angry. “None of this is classified, Mr. Tillerson,” he said. “These people are dead.”

link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/tillersons-foreign-policy-russia-first/2017/01/11/3e076850-d855-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-b%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.43d891d1e69a

This may be "one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan" but I prefer somebody who I'm confident is negotiating in our behalf. Must be thousands of other candidates with less questionable motives who want the job. No?

He's not going to sit there with the information we all read in the newspaper and put out a decisive war plan after condemning Putin on the spot without knowing all there is to know. What is it you want? Trump and Co. get accused of having an unfit disposition and itchy trigger finger and everybody is scared but the opposition is demanding absolute action on Russia mainly because of losing an election because nothing was bandied about much when this all went down. That's crap!

Tom
01-12-2017, 07:35 AM
Oh, you fell that Rubio nonsense, huh? :lol:

Greyfox
01-12-2017, 09:57 AM

[I]It was early in the nine-hour hearing when Tillerson said he might recommend revoking President Obama’s actions punishing Russia for its cyberattack during the American election, which Tillerson acknowledged was probably approved by Putin.

Rubio and you NJStinks are wrong.
In an earlier century you would have hung rustlers without a trial.
Tillerson's response was what should qualify him as Secretary of State and Rubio's is one that should disqualify him from ever being President.
For Putin to be declared a war criminal, a fair trial at The Hague would have to be held.
For Rubio to want Tillerson to declare Putin a "war criminal" would be unjust and idiotic.

boxcar
01-12-2017, 10:17 AM

Good Morning, Mr. Joiesy:

I have a few questions for you about Putin's alleged war crimes:

1. Has Obama ever condemned Putin as a war criminal?
2. Has Nurse Wratchet (Hillary) ever condemned Putin as a war criminal?
3. Has any leading Democrat ever condemned Putin as a war criminal?

Finally, an observation about the Washington Post reporter who "hacked" Tillerson's notes: You don't find it a wee bit hypocritical that the MM who has been running with the Russian hack story and condemning it has engaged in the very activity that it has been condemning? And look at yourself for that matter! You, too, have condemned the alleged Russian hacks but now run to the defense of the hypocritical reporter? Truly, you and the reporter give affirmation to what most of us have known about leftists -- that all is fair in war and love -- all is fair in the game of politics -- any end justifies the means.

davew
01-12-2017, 10:29 AM

Don't you wonder if they have done the same thing being alleged about Putin? just with the opposition forces...

boxcar
01-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Don't you wonder if they have done the same thing being alleged about Putin? just with the opposition forces...

I certainly wouldn't be shocked out of of my socks if I learned they had.

NJ Stinks
01-12-2017, 11:42 AM

Finally, an observation about the Washington Post reporter who "hacked" Tillerson's notes: You don't find it a wee bit hypocritical that the MM who has been running with the Russian hack story and condemning it has engaged in the very activity that it has been condemning? And look at yourself for that matter! You, too, have condemned the alleged Russian hacks but now run to the defense of the hypocritical reporter? Truly, you and the reporter give affirmation to what most of us have known about leftists -- that all is fair in war and love -- all is fair in the game of politics -- any end justifies the means.

Dear I can't see the forest for the trees,

Have Obama, Clinton, or any other leading Dem ever been awarded Putin’s Order of Friendship award?

Do you or any of your other Trump fans here wonder what this upstanding Texan did to earn such an award?

Tillerson should have to jump through more hoops because of his relationship with Putin. A 5 year old can understand in seconds that this is one of the last guys we want to represent us when dealing with Putin.

Finally, no matter what the Washington Post does, conservatives will find fault. 5 year olds can detect that truth in seconds too. :rolleyes:

Greyfox
01-12-2017, 11:54 AM
A 5 year old can understand in seconds that this is one of the last guys we want to represent us when dealing with Putin.

So now you're advocating for 5 year olds to sit on Jury trials? :rolleyes: :lol:
No wonder you'd hang Tillerson high no matter what his credentials.

Tom
01-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Hey stinky, if you are so bent on calling Putin a war criminal, why don't you go after OBAMA?

He is the president still and it would not be proper for a civilian to make that accusation. That is the POTUS/CNC should be doing.

Oh, wait, I forgot....the CNC is a sniveling COWARD. :lol:

Man, you make no sense whatsoever.

boxcar
01-12-2017, 12:40 PM

Have Obama, Clinton, or any other leading Dem ever been awarded Putin’s Order of Friendship award?

Do you or any of your other Trump fans here wonder what this upstanding Texan did to earn such an award?

Tillerson should have to jump through more hoops because of his relationship with Putin. A 5 year old can understand in seconds that this is one of the last guys we want to represent us when dealing with Putin.

Finally, no matter what the Washington Post does, conservatives will find fault. 5 year olds can detect that truth in seconds too. :rolleyes:

I know you can't see. You can't see the blatant double standard of all Trump-haters! I bet you'd be very hard-pressed to find even Rubio calling for condemnation of Russia prior to yesterday. Since the U.S. has not officially condemned Putin for war crimes, then why should Tillerson?

Further, I thought Obama was to you lefitists holier-than-thou -- the world's savior -- the "second coming" himself!? If Obama was so righteous, I'm more than amazed that he has not unleashed his righteous anger upon Putin by condemning him as a war criminal.

FantasticDan
01-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Maddow did a masterful segment last nite detailing how Tillerson/Exxon/Putin etc have hundreds of billions to gain by opening up Exxon's vast and expansive drilling rights in Russia that have been up to now precluded by sanctions:

http://www.towleroad.com/2017/01/exxon-russia/

Tom
01-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Have Obama, Clinton, or any other leading Dem ever been awarded Putin’s Order of Friendship award? What they ever do to earn it?

Do you or any of your other Trump fans here wonder what this upstanding Texan did to earn such an award? Why don't you tell us. specifically, what that was?

Or are you just throwing shit against the wall hoping something sticks?

Tom
01-12-2017, 12:52 PM
Maddow did a masterful segment last nite detailing how Tillerson/Exxon/Putin etc have hundreds of billions to gain by opening up Exxon's vast and expansive drilling rights in Russia that have been up to now precluded by sanctions:

How do you figure Tillerson will gain anything from this?
Forgive me for not reading it, but I make it a point never read crap written by idiots.

boxcar
01-12-2017, 12:57 PM
Or are you just throwing shit against the wall hoping something sticks?

Ahh...sticky stinky. I get it. Sounds like something some unsavory character might do in his undies.

FantasticDan
01-12-2017, 01:08 PM
How do you figure Tillerson will gain anything from this?
Forgive me for not reading it, but I make it a point never read crap written by idiots.So you never go back and read what you wrote? :lol: :cool:

It's more about the huge economic boon it would be for Russia..

http://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2016/12/14/13940866/trump-rex-tillerson-sanctions-russia

Tom
01-12-2017, 01:31 PM
1. Ha ha! I deserved that! :mad::D
2. What is wrong with an economic boom for Russia? Don't you think that will make them more friendly to us than denying it to them?

ElKabong
01-12-2017, 01:45 PM

So, Obama and Clinton never called Putin a war criminal. Is that correct? You were asked directly but deflected

Under Obama we'v killed scores of people via drone attacks. Many would look at THAT as an act of a war criminal

ElKabong
01-12-2017, 01:47 PM

Poor Rachel didn't get in on the act! Someone must payyyyyy (whine whine, cry , cry)

tucker6
01-12-2017, 01:48 PM

Has she stopped crying from election night yet? Because really, that spoke volume about her professionally.

Tom
01-12-2017, 02:35 PM
So, Obama and Clinton never called Putin a war criminal. Is that correct? You were asked directly but deflected

Under Obama we'v killed scores of people via drone attacks. Many would look at THAT as an act of a war criminal

Kerry is in the job now, that stinky wants the new guy to jump to it.
So if the guy needs to call him a war criminal, but the guy holding the job he wants has not done that yet, what the hell is stinky's problem. (Rhetorical!):lol:

Tom
01-12-2017, 02:38 PM
The cold war ended and the Iron curtain lifted AFTER Reagan and Gorby became closer and friendlier.

Good relations often yield good things.

What specific good things are waiting on us calling Putin a war criminal to appear?

The left is bonkers, I tells ya.
Bonkers!

NJ Stinks
01-12-2017, 02:53 PM

Who cares if Clinton or Obama did or not. We already know Putin wants to deal with Trump - not Hillary just by whose emails were released. And we know there is no there is no warmth with Obama and Putin. But we do know the Tiller is best buddies with Putin and Trump appears to be a good buddy too.

I prefer not to deal with Putin using his best American friends. Apparently, this means little to Trump voters. I don't get it but that's not a big surprise either.

PaceAdvantage
01-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Trump is going to turn out to be one of the best President's this country has ever seen. Mark my words.

Grits
01-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Gentlemen, last night after posting, I spent time watching videos on YouTube of Tillerson delivering keynote addresses and being interviewed by the likes of journalist, Charlie Rose and others. Throughout these, again, I noted this man's demeanor, and one of his outstanding skillsets, the ability of listen. This ability, to be a good listener--for the purpose of learning, as opposed to only the need to quickly engage, to respond or rebuke. .... I noticed, yesterday, how many times Marco Rubio interrupted Tillerson, or worse, talked over him while he tried to speak. Shutting down the dialogue, back to Rubio. This morning I also spent time searching new reports on his performance in yesterday's hearing, and other activities while Chairman/CEO of Exxon Mobil.

The first thing of obvious note was the bias at the Washington Post. With the understanding that the piece linked by NJSt. was an OPINION/EDITORIAL one. This type of reporting is wrought with the bias of one person. However, all the publication is biased--fact based or not.

Here's a piece different from the one NJ linked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/01/12/daily-202-rex-tillerson-s-struggles-show-the-risk-of-a-president-and-secretary-of-state-with-no-government-experience/5876

Another piece from NYT. This one told, without flagrant bias, the actual proceeding. Still, I'm aware the Times isn't found favorable with you all either. Perhaps, though, it's more on point than the WP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/rex-tillerson-confirmation-hearings.html

Bear with me, gentlemen, please. This one gives background into Tillerson's relationship with Russia as Chairman of ExxonMobil. It delves into the guts of the work undertaken particularly during the time Russia and his company struck, probably, the biggest deal in the history of the world. The billions ExxonMobil will derive. This includes information prior to the sanctions being leveled towards Russia with notes of changes after 2014.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/20/world/europe/russia-rex-tillerson-donald-trump-secretary-of-state.html

I stand by what I said, yesterday and last night, and I hope he is confirmed. I believe, as an engineer by trade, as he indicated, he prefers to have facts in front of him. He had next to none. I can handle this, as opposed to opinion. Winging it, to tell a bunch of suits (elected or not) what they want to hear for the purpose of being hired for the job. .... It ain't like this man needs the money when he was presented with a 180 million exit package that brings his assets in ExxonMobil, alone, to 245 million.

I have to end this with admitting. I loathe Donald Trump. He speaks of women like the pig that he is. He mocked a man with disabilites, again, like the pig that he is. (I'll never forgive this one--good thing he wasn't my son. Good thing I wasn't in attendance.) I may soften with his policies, if he does a good job as president. We'll see. I just want, Mr.IKnowThings to have the best people in the country surrounding him.

At this point, to tell the honest truth, he reminds me, more than anything else, of a damn goat herder. His charges, Donald, Ivannka, Jared, and Eric, trailing behind him everywhere he goes, 24/7/365. .... Not a one of us elected (by proxy) four goats for the office of President of the United States. I hope they can keep from eating the furniture and soiling the White House carpets. :lol:

ElKabong
01-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Who cares if Clinton or Obama did or not. We already know Putin wants to deal with Trump - not Hillary just by whose emails were released. And we know there is no there is no warmth with Obama and Putin. But we do know the Tiller is best buddies with Putin and Trump appears to be a good buddy too.

I prefer not to deal with Putin using his best American friends. Apparently, this means little to Trump voters. I don't get it but that's not a big surprise either.

Stinky, please!

Tillerson and Putin are not "friends". "Business is business, friends are friends" is the mantra for anyone that's negotiated contracts in Procurement. Tillerson is a million notches over my head professionally, but I'm sure it's the same game

NJ Stinks
01-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Trump is going to turn out to be one of the best President's this country has ever seen. Mark my words.

I'd like to discuss this in depth but I'm going to the gym. Got to work off some of this hostility! ;)

NJ Stinks
01-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Stinky, please!

Tillerson and Putin are not "friends". "Business is business, friends are friends" is the mantra for anyone that's negotiated contracts in Procurement. Tillerson is a million notches over my head professionally, but I'm sure it's the same game

Got to go so you got the last word.

Tom
01-12-2017, 03:13 PM

He has already buried Obama and Carter. Clinton is not far off. :lol:

Tom
01-12-2017, 03:16 PM

That is just so ridiculous.
What we know is Hillary failed to properly secure her emails and she sent classified material to some not cleared to received and his account was hacked by Russia and China. The rest is speculation on your part.

Grits
01-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Stinky, please!

You're right. They're not friends. A friend is someone you can call in the middle of the night.. Day or night, 365 days a year.

"HEY, VLAD, I NEED YOUR HELP?"

Continents away, good luck with that one, Rex.

ElKabong
01-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Got to go so you got the last word.

I'm open to your reply later on. No bad feelings on this end, senor

ElKabong
01-12-2017, 03:26 PM
You're right. They're not friends. A friend is someone you can call in the middle of the night.. Day or night, 365 days a year.

"HEY, VLAD, I NEED YOUR HELP?"

Continents away, good luck with that one, Rex.

Business is business. He'll do what his boss tells him to do & perform to the best possible standard, it's how he climbed the ladder at Exxon. If Trump asks him to do anything he doesn't personally feel comfortable with, he'll step down.

He's not in this for money. I think he has enough of that already..I don't think he's after power, that would be something out of charachter to him. If power were his drug, he'd still be CEO of the most powerful corp on earth (and trying to manipulate and micro manage)

Look, people down here of my generation still look at serving as a priviledge. Sounds hokey I know, but there are still some like that. I don't see how much Tillerson can gain financially here vs his legacy. At this point in his life I think he'd like to serve. He;s already made a fortune

my 2 cents..

boxcar
01-12-2017, 03:29 PM

It seems to me, Stinky, that if Obama is cool or cold toward Putin, he would be most inclined to condemn him as a war criminal.

And your second sentence is a non sequitur. The issue is not about who Putin wants to deal with. (Besides what in the world does that have to do with his alleged war crimes? :bang: :bang: ) The issue is why hasn't the U.S., under this Obama administration, officially condemned Putin for war crimes.

Finally, I do believe, as you do, that Obama doesn't care much for Putin -- but not on the basis of their shared commie ideology! Obama's chemistry isn't good with Putin on personal level because Putin has been eating Obama's lunch for the last 8 years. Obama, intellectually, is no match for Putin and he knows it!

Tom
01-12-2017, 04:07 PM
The issue is why hasn't the U.S., under this Obama administration, officially condemned Putin for war crimes.

Because thay could counter-charge him of the same thing?Obma is a serial mass-murderer by his own standards.

boxcar
01-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Because thay could counter-charge him of the same thing?Obma is a serial mass-murderer by his own standards.

OUCH!

Grits
01-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Business is business. He'll do what his boss tells him to do & perform to the best possible standard, it's how he climbed the ladder at Exxon. If Trump asks him to do anything he doesn't personally feel comfortable with, he'll step down.

He's not in this for money. I think he has enough of that already..I don't think he's after power, that would be something out of charachter to him. If power were his drug, he'd still be CEO of the most powerful corp on earth (and trying to manipulate and micro manage)

Look, people down here of my generation still look at serving as a priviledge. Sounds hokey I know, but there are still some like that. I don't see how much Tillerson can gain financially here vs his legacy. At this point in his life I think he'd like to serve. He;s already made a fortune

my 2 cents..

This was one of my points in my long post...this man doesn't need the money. I believe he is hoping that he can make a difference. And, he may be the exact person to do so. I just read a piece at CBS on our military landing and moving equipment into Poland. :(

woodtoo
01-12-2017, 05:03 PM
This was one of my points in my long post...this man doesn't need the money. I believe he is hoping that he can make a difference. And, he may be the exact person to do so. I just read a piece at CBS on our military landing and moving equipment into Poland. :(
I see one point through all these confirmation hearings: Russia bad Russia evil Russia war crimes Russia Russia Russia.
Start war with Russia.

Grits
01-12-2017, 05:19 PM
I see one point through all these confirmation hearings: Russia bad Russia evil Russia war crimes Russia Russia Russia.
Start war with Russia.

I know. Me, too. This anger on Capital Hill is escalating. But Woodtoo, how many of these members of Congess have sons and daughters that they would be willing to send to war against Russia? Bring back the draft? Move those that are already serving in other parts of the world? This is frightening stuff. :(

woodtoo
01-12-2017, 05:31 PM
I know. Me, too. This anger on Capital Hill is escalating. But Woodtoo, how many of these members of Congess have sons and daughters that they would be willing to send to war against Russia? Bring back the draft? Move those that are already serving in other parts of the world? This is frightening stuff. :(
Exactly they huff and puff from their ivory towers with no care of the consequences of their words while the rest of the world gasps in disbelief.
All, apparently because Trump won...disgusting.

NJ Stinks
01-12-2017, 05:38 PM
Grits, I appreciate how nicely you told me to jump in a lake. ;)

There is not much I can add to my previous remarks. I have to accept that my concerns are not important to most here because the 3-1 shot won the election somehow and elections have consequences.

OK. I shouldn't say somehow in a thread where PA is already carving out a spot for The Donald on Mt. Rushmore. :eek:

And now I'm off to dinner with a nice couple (of Republicans!).

fast4522
01-12-2017, 06:18 PM

I wholeheartedly agree, despite being a man that like us all has shortcomings he loves this country.

fast4522
01-12-2017, 06:39 PM
What the hell does the above mean?

It means they will not get off easy, it does not matter what party one comes from. Should I become correct on this I will remind you about it and say SEE.

Grits
01-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Grits, I appreciate how nicely you told me to jump in a lake. ;)

There is not much I can add to my previous remarks. I have to accept that my concerns are not important to most here because the 3-1 shot won the election somehow and elections have consequences.

OK. I shouldn't say somehow in a thread where PA is already carving out a spot for The Donald on Mt. Rushmore. :eek:

And now I'm off to dinner with a nice couple (of Republicans!).

No, no, NJ. Not into the lake. It's cold this time of year.

Enjoy dinner with your friends. ;)

NJ Stinks
01-13-2017, 02:18 AM

Turns out it wasn't a Washington Post reporter after all.

Trolls decided I was taking pictures of Rex Tillerson’s notes. I wasn’t even there.
What it's like to be at the center of a fake-news conspiracy theory.

By Doris Truong January 12 at 3:03 PM

Story at the link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/01/12/trolls-decided-i-was-taking-pictures-of-rex-tillersons-notes-i-wasnt-even-there/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_doris-pe-340pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.e18bd2567025

JustRalph
01-13-2017, 09:46 AM
Should be interesting to find out who it really was?

She has a good sense of humor about it 👍

Turns out it wasn't a Washington Post reporter after all.

Trolls decided I was taking pictures of Rex Tillerson’s notes. I wasn’t even there.
What it's like to be at the center of a fake-news conspiracy theory.

By Doris Truong January 12 at 3:03 PM

Story at the link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2017/01/12/trolls-decided-i-was-taking-pictures-of-rex-tillersons-notes-i-wasnt-even-there/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_doris-pe-340pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.e18bd2567025

Tom
01-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Start war with Russia.

Now that Chicken Little is leaving office, Russia needs imediate attention.
Screw the dems and what thye think or say.

History Lesson - remember PA's video where all the cems were whining about WMD, and SH had to be dealt with?

Then Bush did and everyone of them turned 180 after he did it.
Dems are never to be trusted, listened to, negotiated with.

The security of the nation demands dems be shunned, ignored, brushed aside.

We need no input from any democrat on any topic.

boxcar
01-13-2017, 10:32 AM
Now that Chicken Little is leaving office, Russia needs imediate attention.
Screw the dems and what thye think or say.

History Lesson - remember PA's video where all the cems were whining about WMD, and SH had to be dealt with?

Then Bush did and everyone of them turned 180 after he did it.
Dems are never to be trusted, listened to, negotiated with.

The security of the nation demands dems be shunned, ignored, brushed aside.

We need no input from any democrat on any topic.

Exactly right! All the Dems should be shoved to the back of the bus to watch how Trump makes America Great Again. :ThmbUp:

Fager Fan
01-13-2017, 01:27 PM
Gentlemen, last night after posting, I spent time watching videos on YouTube of Tillerson delivering keynote addresses and being interviewed by the likes of journalist, Charlie Rose and others. Throughout these, again, I noted this man's demeanor, and one of his outstanding skillsets, the ability of listen. This ability, to be a good listener--for the purpose of learning, as opposed to only the need to quickly engage, to respond or rebuke. .... I noticed, yesterday, how many times Marco Rubio interrupted Tillerson, or worse, talked over him while he tried to speak. Shutting down the dialogue, back to Rubio. This morning I also spent time searching new reports on his performance in yesterday's hearing, and other activities while Chairman/CEO of Exxon Mobil.

The first thing of obvious note was the bias at the Washington Post. With the understanding that the piece linked by NJSt. was an OPINION/EDITORIAL one. This type of reporting is wrought with the bias of one person. However, all the publication is biased--fact based or not.

Here's a piece different from the one NJ linked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2017/01/12/daily-202-rex-tillerson-s-struggles-show-the-risk-of-a-president-and-secretary-of-state-with-no-government-experience/5876

Another piece from NYT. This one told, without flagrant bias, the actual proceeding. Still, I'm aware the Times isn't found favorable with you all either. Perhaps, though, it's more on point than the WP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/rex-tillerson-confirmation-hearings.html

Bear with me, gentlemen, please. This one gives background into Tillerson's relationship with Russia as Chairman of ExxonMobil. It delves into the guts of the work undertaken particularly during the time Russia and his company struck, probably, the biggest deal in the history of the world. The billions ExxonMobil will derive. This includes information prior to the sanctions being leveled towards Russia with notes of changes after 2014.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/20/world/europe/russia-rex-tillerson-donald-trump-secretary-of-state.html

I stand by what I said, yesterday and last night, and I hope he is confirmed. I believe, as an engineer by trade, as he indicated, he prefers to have facts in front of him. He had next to none. I can handle this, as opposed to opinion. Winging it, to tell a bunch of suits (elected or not) what they want to hear for the purpose of being hired for the job. .... It ain't like this man needs the money when he was presented with a 180 million exit package that brings his assets in ExxonMobil, alone, to 245 million.

I have to end this with admitting. I loathe Donald Trump. He speaks of women like the pig that he is. He mocked a man with disabilites, again, like the pig that he is. (I'll never forgive this one--good thing he wasn't my son. Good thing I wasn't in attendance.) I may soften with his policies, if he does a good job as president. We'll see. I just want, Mr.IKnowThings to have the best people in the country surrounding him.

At this point, to tell the honest truth, he reminds me, more than anything else, of a damn goat herder. His charges, Donald, Ivannka, Jared, and Eric, trailing behind him everywhere he goes, 24/7/365. .... Not a one of us elected (by proxy) four goats for the office of President of the United States. I hope they can keep from eating the furniture and soiling the White House carpets. :lol:

What's with the constant announcements to the "gentlemen"? There are women here too.

Trump didn't mock the disabled journalist. He's used similar gestures talking about a number of other people as well as himself when they are flustered. Google it. You'll see the videos yourself. And quit worrying about the nonsense about how he supposedly treats women bad. He doesn't. He hired the first woman to oversee construction of a skyscraper. He hires many women in important positions and pays them well. It's also nonsense to call his bright, accomplished, and seemingly decent children goats. There's nothing wrong with family loyalty.

boxcar
01-13-2017, 01:34 PM
What's with the constant announcements to the "gentlemen"? There are women here too.

Trump didn't mock the disabled journalist. He's used similar gestures talking about a number of other people as well as himself when they are flustered. Google it. You'll see the videos yourself. And quit worrying about the nonsense about how he supposedly treats women bad. He doesn't. He hired the first woman to oversee construction of a skyscraper. He hires many women in important positions and pays them well. It's also nonsense to call his bright, accomplished, and seemingly decent children goats. There's nothing wrong with family loyalty.

Exactly right! The media cut clips out of the video so that they could misrepresent what really happened. Trump did not mock the disabled journalist.

Word also has it that a couple of women are on his SC nominee short list. In any case, those hearings should really be fun to listen to.

Grits
01-13-2017, 02:52 PM

As far as Trump, I don't care whether you're fond of his herd of goats, dba, nepotism or not. I'll take your word on the reporter with disabilities. Thank you.

I know four other women who post here. This is all. They are:
Nijinski
Shelby
Beachbabe (who is missing lately)
CosmicWon

They are the only ones I'm aware of who take part. It's not my intent to leave them out and I hope they're not offended. I know that, most often, the online posters here are male. From now on, since ladies and gentlemen is long, maybe I'll just write y'all since you find my habit troublesome.

Honestly, Fager, I'd rather be trapped in a phone booth fighting to shove a noodle up a Bobcat's ass than worry with you. ... You're such a troll.

Fager Fan
01-13-2017, 03:10 PM
As far as Trump, I don't care whether you're fond of his herd of goats, dba, nepotism or not. I'll take your word on the reporter with disabilities. Thank you.

I know four other women who post here. This is all. They are:
Nijinski
Shelby
Beachbabe (who is missing lately)
CosmicWon

They are the only ones I'm aware of who take part. It's not my intent to leave them out and I hope they're not offended. I know that, most often, the online posters here are male. From now on, since ladies and gentlemen is long, maybe I'll just write y'all since you find my habit troublesome.

Honestly, Fager, I'd rather be trapped in a phone booth fighting to shove a noodle up a Bobcat's ass than worry with you. ... You're such a troll.

Not everyone announces their sex here, so you wouldn't know that everyone you're talking to happens to be male, female, or somewhere inbetween. No one said anything about being offended.

You seem to have a thing with dirty imagery. From shoving things up asses to wrapping barbed wire around balls. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Grits
01-13-2017, 03:57 PM
Not everyone announces their sex here, so you wouldn't know that everyone you're talking to happens to be male, female, or somewhere inbetween. No one said anything about being offended.

You seem to have a thing with dirty imagery. From shoving things up asses to wrapping barbed wire around balls. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

The somewhere in betweens? Bless 'em! Tell 'em not to travel to Carolina. With HB2, not yet repealed, they'll have no idea which toilet to use. Not to mention, they'll have to bring their birth certificate to go in one. It's all so embarrassing! :bang:

Fager, one of my favorite truisms has always been:

Do no harm but take no sh!t.

And I don't...not off of anyone. I don't have to.

I'll stand up for, and to, anyone, anywhere. I've had a lot of practice.

Now, please, find someone else to pick at. I doubt I'll change my ways in how I address the gentlemen here. No one's complained but you. :( Put me on ignore, if you will. EOC

Tom
01-13-2017, 04:36 PM
I like being called a gentleman.
Even more since Grits has met me before and STILL does it! :cool: :D

Grits
01-23-2017, 11:18 AM
Here is a portion of Rubio's just released explanation in support of Tillerson's confirmation. With a few hours to go before today's vote, he knew, as early as the morning after his questioning of Tillerson...he had no shot. Little Marco was out of his league the hour he confronted Tillerson.

Mr. Tillerson is likely to have a potentially unprecedented level of influence over the direction of our foreign policy. I remain concerned that in the years to come, our country will not give the defense of democracy and human rights the priority they deserve, and will pursue a foreign policy that too often sets aside our values and our historic alliances in pursuit of flawed geopolitical deals. But in making my decision on his nomination, I must balance these concerns with his extensive experience and success in international commerce, and my belief that the president is entitled to significant deference when it comes to his choices for the cabinet. Given the uncertainty that exists both at home and abroad about the direction of our foreign policy, it would be against our national interests to have this confirmation unnecessarily delayed or embroiled in controversy. Therefore, despite my reservations, I will support Mr. Tillerson’s nomination in committee and in the full Senate.

However, upcoming appointments to critical posts in the Department of State are not entitled to and will not receive from me the same level of deference I have given this nomination.

Grits
02-01-2017, 04:07 PM
Tillerson confirmation goes through with some democrats crossing the aisle.

"Don't sell us out, Rex! I'm expecting your skills to be used to our advantage."

No Sleeping With The Enemy.

reckless
02-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Grits, why do you even think Rex Tillerson will 'sell us out'?

Being CEO of Exxon Mobil that did billions of dollars of business with Russia doesn't translate with him 'selling us out'.

Hillary Clinton, selling US commodities such as iron ore to Russia, for contributions to The Clinton Foundation, now that is someone in our government selling us out.

Grits
02-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Grits, why do you even think Rex Tillerson will 'sell us out'?

Being CEO of Exxon Mobil that did billions of dollars of business with Russia doesn't translate with him 'selling us out'.

Hillary Clinton, selling US commodities such as iron ore to Russia, for contributions to The Clinton Foundation, now that is someone in our government selling us out.

I don't think he will as I believe he feels called to serve his country, having retired from the corp world. I have far more faith in him than I have in Trump. This morning in his speech, he noted that Renda, his wife, in these recent weeks has said to him, "you've been in training for this job for the last 41 years.

However, too, I'm sitting here having recently read the 700+ pages of Private Empire, ExxonMobil And American Power by Pulitzer Prize winning author, Steve Coll. Read it, it is an eye opener, particularly at the end where it is noted, in problem areas of ExxonMobil, there are not really suitable answers for the people that they adversely affected. Their in house attorneys will fight for decades upon decades appealing decisions. They can outlast anyone's money. This is unfortunate. I'm sorry but it is.

Tillerson's a brilliant businessman, probably the most brilliant negotiator this country's business world has ever known, along with his predecessor, Lee Raymond, though he (Raymond) lacked the patience and the finesse of Tillerson who greatly ponders every move, every decision he makes, yet he is more caring. (This was on display again this morning in his address to State Dept. staff.) Loyalty and respect are everything to this man.

Nickie Haley just announced at the U.N. that the sanctions against Russia due to their involvement in Ukraine, WILL REMAIN in place. This is outstanding to learn! I imagine Tillerson was much involved in this. Putin awarding him Russian's Friendship Award or not. I certainly hope so. ... I want badly for him to succeed in his new position.

ebcorde
02-02-2017, 06:29 PM
I listened to him If he's his own man He'll be very good. and you know I can't stand Trump. Cant wait for the moment McCain impeaches trump.

I cannot believe Trump went off on Australia .. it never to occurred him They have soldiers in Afghanistan , while his own kids Don and Eric watched the world trade Center fall in NYC and did not go to Afghanistan but the Aussies did.

and he's insulting their leader.

Clocker
02-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Cant wait for the moment McCain impeaches trump.

Last I heard, McCain is still in the Senate, and doesn't seem to carry much weight there anymore. Since only the House has the authority to impeach the President, any attempt by McCain would mean he is further gone than anyone thought.

woodtoo
02-02-2017, 07:49 PM
I listened to him If he's his own man He'll be very good. and you know I can't stand Trump. Cant wait for the moment McCain impeaches trump.

I cannot believe Trump went off on Australia .. it never to occurred him They have soldiers in Afghanistan , while his own kids Don and Eric watched the world trade Center fall in NYC and did not go to Afghanistan but the Aussies did.

Do you even know what the phone call entailed?

fast4522
02-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Cant wait for the moment McCain impeaches trump.

First you have to know how this country works, It is 1000 times more likely that John McCain would stroke out before a member of the house filed articles of impeachment. Just think about that for a moment, your posts are no better than any other uneducated backwoods hillbilly. Trump has the best protecting him against any legal action, he will be the most powerful President because his skill set will enable him to destroy anyone who gets in his way combined with goals he will pick off like clockwork.

fast4522
02-02-2017, 09:03 PM
Tillerson confirmation goes through with some democrats crossing the aisle.

"Don't sell us out, Rex! I'm expecting your skills to be used to our advantage."

No Sleeping With The Enemy.

Grits your posts of late are interesting, your alignment against the rich and privileged is just that. I advise this is big league players against inept and dated people who have had nothing good in ideas for a very long time. Everyone has sold out the middle class to the point even the most brilliant minds know the progressive left has nothing to offer in solutions. The only way out of this mess is growth, the only ones able to pull out a comeback are the new team. Now I know your not comfortable thinking this way, but it is not about your comfort is it really ?

ebcorde
02-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Do you even know what the phone call entailed?

no just saying what I would have been thinking.

That MOFO is playing footsies with Putin I am tired of it.

ebcorde
02-02-2017, 09:25 PM
First you have to know how this country works, It is 1000 times more likely that John McCain would stroke out before a member of the house filed articles of impeachment. Just think about that for a moment, your posts are no better than any other uneducated backwoods hillbilly. Trump has the best protecting him against any legal action, he will be the most powerful President because his skill set will enable him to destroy anyone who gets in his way combined with goals he will pick off like clockwork.

yeah keep playing with Putin. You don't think nobody notices.

Iran - oh Mofo, you're on notice. Think the worse a-holes.
Russia attacking in Ukraine NOTHING

Russia will never ever be our friends or anyone else. I tired of hearing their name, Russia. Russia topic rarely came up until this traitor came on the scene with his SCARE shit.

You love Trump. 2001 he and kids looking out the window at the world trade center Sept 11 2001 YET 2002 Australian troops go to Afghanistan. 42 die.
now AUS is shit to him???

1942 my dad age 14 joins Marines, 2 uncles 17 Navy. . Rich ,Poor, white, black, brown all served in WWII for our country. All of us did. EXCEPT FRED F'ING TRUMP (like the middle name).

so now tell me what did any Trump do, EVER? I have a huge problem with this c-sucker and his family.

ever see the old westerns , the riflemen? Trump is the guy organizing a mob for a lynching.

ebcorde
02-02-2017, 09:54 PM
I am sick and tired of Trump scaring people. 'm not afraid. not even close.
I have a higher chance of dying on the road.

it ticks me off. maybe I'm bred different I can track family to the Missouri River around Louisiana purchase. to Kansas city 1830 census. Means nothing

BUT I not scared ever of anybody. I'm not big, I sure am crazy as my mom said 1,000,000 times "you're just like your dad" Well he was Crazy to join Marines 14 just to tell big bros they pussies. lol.

I got 2 bros 49 now . both LT.COL one in MI. little bros tell me 'You're nuts" too

I'm not scared of these people. they are a MID LEVEL PRIORITY. Trump should shut his face.

fast4522
02-02-2017, 10:05 PM
yeah keep playing with Putin. You don't think nobody notices.

Iran - oh Mofo, you're on notice. Think the worse a-holes.
Russia attacking in Ukraine NOTHING

Russia will never ever be our friends or anyone else. I tired of hearing their name, Russia. Russia topic rarely came up until this traitor came on the scene with his SCARE shit.

You love Trump. 2001 he and kids looking out the window at the world trade center Sept 11 2001 YET 2002 Australian troops go to Afghanistan. 42 die.
now AUS is shit to him???

1942 my dad age 14 joins Marines, 2 uncles 17 Navy. . Rich ,Poor, white, black, brown all served in WWII for our country. All of us did. EXCEPT FRED F'ING TRUMP (like the middle name).

so now tell me what did any Trump do, EVER? I have a huge problem with this c-sucker and his family.

ever see the old westerns , the riflemen? Trump is the guy organizing a mob for a lynching.

For starters, your way off base. Everything Obama did in foreign policy was a complete failure. Everyone should look for something that is really good that comes out of every administration to come, to do that you have to give Presidents a chance. Now your going to say like they gave Obama, to that it can only be said that it is over. Now you can go on and on, but it will not change what will be.

Grits
02-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Grits your posts of late are interesting, your alignment against the rich and privileged is just that. I advise this is big league players against inept and dated people who have had nothing good in ideas for a very long time. Everyone has sold out the middle class to the point even the most brilliant minds know the progressive left has nothing to offer in solutions. The only way out of this mess is growth, the only ones able to pull out a comeback are the new team. Now I know your not comfortable thinking this way, but it is not about your comfort is it really ?

What was it about my second post regarding Rex Tillerson that you failed to understand? Or did you simply miss it altogether? :faint:

When you know nothing of me, what leads you to believe I've managed to achieve, in my lifetime, only the level of middle class? Or that I, somehow, have an axe to grind with the rich?

In retrospect, I know more about growth than I've ever let be known here. I surely have nothing against hard work, and not a thing against wealth. I do have something against how one chooses to handle both, and because of this, no, I don't have a great amount of love for President Trump as the leader of my country. I'm leaning on those around him with the exception of Betsy DeVos, who has given over 200 million to Republicans in an attempt to buy her cabinet seat. She's big league to you? Sorry, I find her big league stupid. She is totally without merit, grossly incompetent and one of the biggest mistakes that could ever come down the pike, if confirmed.

I do hope President Trump proves to be your Savior. Those folks in the jungle many years ago? They thought Jim Jones was theirs.

I don't need your advise, still, thank you.

fast4522
02-03-2017, 04:55 AM
What was it about my second post regarding Rex Tillerson that you failed to understand? Or did you simply miss it altogether? :faint:

When you know nothing of me, what leads you to believe I've managed to achieve, in my lifetime, only the level of middle class? Or that I, somehow, have an axe to grind with the rich?

In retrospect, I know more about growth than I've ever let be known here. I surely have nothing against hard work, and not a thing against wealth. I do have something against how one chooses to handle both, and because of this, no, I don't have a great amount of love for President Trump as the leader of my country. I'm leaning on those around him with the exception of Betsy DeVos, who has given over 200 million to Republicans in an attempt to buy her cabinet seat. She's big league to you? Sorry, I find her big league stupid. She is totally without merit, grossly incompetent and one of the biggest mistakes that could ever come down the pike, if confirmed.

I do hope President Trump proves to be your Savior. Those folks in the jungle many years ago? They thought Jim Jones was theirs.

I don't need your advise, still, thank you.

I am not giving you advice at all, how you fail is these folks have all taken huge pay cuts to do this. They are not going to enrich themselves as part of the process like Clinton did. I think they all see those who put us all on a losing path as low life demons and want to cast them out. We all have some degree of wiggle room to be wrong, but if Trump and his team accomplish just half it will be more than the left has done period. Time is the great judge, you and I will visit this in a few years from now here I am sure.

boxcar
02-03-2017, 09:05 AM

Not only did Trump go off on the Aussies, but some talking head last night on one of the news channels said Trump doubled down on them and threatened a naval blockade of the island. Of course, this would be devastating to the people since Australia depends heavily on its energy-producing imports. :eek: :eek:

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2017, 02:31 PM

and he's insulting their leader.I love how you and Grits love Rex but still hate on Trump. They're basically the same program, except they carry different user interfaces which make them look like different applications (to use a computer metaphor). I don't know how you can't see this.

Man, this whole Trump brainwashing of the masses sure has worked out well...except for one small thing...it didn't stop Trump from winning the presidency... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2017, 02:32 PM
That MOFO is playing footsies with Putin I am tired of it.BORING

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Trump should shut his face.I suggest you take matters into your own hands. Be a hero...save the world bro! :ThmbUp: :lol:

Grits
02-07-2017, 05:11 PM
I love how you and Grits love Rex but still hate on Trump. They're basically the same program, except they carry different user interfaces which make them look like different applications (to use a computer metaphor). I don't know how you can't see this.

Man, this whole Trump brainwashing of the masses sure has worked out well...except for one small thing...it didn't stop Trump from winning the presidency... :lol:

Show me where you've seen me write, "I hate President Trump"?
Again. #whatthehelliswrongwithyoutoday

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Show me where you've seen me write, "I hate President Trump"?
Again. #whatthehelliswrongwithyoutodayI said "hate on"...not hate...there's a difference...I don't know whether you hate him or not, but I know you don't like him... :lol:

And I know you like Rex.

Grits
02-07-2017, 06:03 PM
I said "hate on"...not hate...there's a difference...I don't know whether you hate him or not, but I know you don't like him... :lol:

And I know you like Rex.

I love smart men....and Rex is smart. (So are you!). Trump ain't as smart as Rex. He may think so but he ain't. :lol:

Keep in mind I always love those, male or female, capable of teaching me, given I still love learning. On some things I like to believe I'm capable myself of sharing something worthy, now and then. ;)

JustRalph
02-07-2017, 07:45 PM
I love smart men....and Rex is smart. (So are you!). Trump ain't as smart as Rex. He may think so but he ain't. :lol:

Keep in mind I always love those, male or female, capable of teaching me, given I still love learning. On some things I like to believe I'm capable myself of sharing something worthy, now and then. ;)

The beauty of being smart enough to hire Tillerson, argues the point that Trump might be a smart guy.

fast4522
02-07-2017, 08:03 PM
The beauty of being smart enough to hire Tillerson, argues the point that Trump might be a smart guy.

Exactly, Trump has the smartest people that be found inside the Trump origination. The mans weakness is his children, but to be fair he has surrounded his kids with the best who also who have taught them. You folks find him amusing, again outfoxing everyone with his antics, he has been waging the dog from day one and everyone ate it up. Harry Reid knows that it is over, Chuck Schumer not being so bright will be destroyed politically. This is not going to end well for the democrats, in two years more losses.

Grits
02-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Exactly, Trump has the smartest people that be found inside the Trump origination. The mans weakness is his children, but to be fair he has surrounded his kids with the best who also who have taught them. You folks find him amusing, again outfoxing everyone with his antics, he has been waging the dog from day one and everyone ate it up. Harry Reid knows that it is over, Chuck Schumer not being so bright will be destroyed politically. This is not going to end well for the democrats, in two years more losses.

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

fast4522
02-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Consider this, the first to drop will be the ACA. Next the replacement will make single payer impossible. Without that most commies will hang it up and make like hcap. By 2018 the landscape will have changed considerably, and Donald J. Trumps approval rating will be north of what is today. Nothing you think or post will affect anything, this is the Donald's . . . . . . . . . .