PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose

cj
01-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Nobody knows where he is. He didn't show up for the game tonight. Hope he is ok, never heard of anything like this before in sport.

Robert Fischer
01-09-2017, 11:27 PM
reports are saying he's 'OK', without really giving an excuse

knicks are very ugly

awful roster, awful coaching

Zaf
01-09-2017, 11:37 PM
never heard of anything like this before in sport.

I am a little older than you and yes i agree 100 %

ElKabong
01-10-2017, 12:51 AM
marcus dupree is as close at it gets since the 1980s. What a head case that guy was

Before him (at ou) doing the disappearing act was joe don looney. An even bigger head case

Seems like there was a pro or two in my lifetime that went awol for a game, just doesn't come to mind immediately

thaskalos
01-10-2017, 01:06 AM
The Raiders center Barret Robbins is the only "missing" athlete that comes to my mind.

Wiley
01-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Marvin "Bad News" Barnes vanished a few times back in the old ABA with the St. Louis Spirits.

kingfin66
01-10-2017, 09:50 AM
I was thinking that guys like Michael Ray Richardson and Roy Tarpley may have missed some games as well. As in not suspended, but missing.

FakeNameChanged
01-10-2017, 10:15 AM
What about Big Ed Delahanty going missing off a train falling into the Niagara River and over the falls during a baseball season? Guy hit over .400 three times in his career. Hit .407 one year and was second for the hitting championship. Prodigious drinker.

Robert Fischer
01-10-2017, 10:32 AM
"day-to-day"

cj
01-10-2017, 11:01 AM
What about Big Ed Delahanty going missing off a train falling into the Niagara River and over the falls during a baseball season? Guy hit over .400 three times in his career. Hit .407 one year and was second for the hitting championship. Prodigious drinker.

Remember it like it was yesterday. :lol:

FakeNameChanged
01-10-2017, 11:20 AM
Remember it like it was yesterday. :lol:
Phillies fans don't have a lot of good stuff(stories) to remember. We're just thankful the Woeful Mets came along to take that title away from us.

Robert Fischer
01-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Derrick "day-to-day" Rose

http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/files/2013/05/derrick-rose-statue.jpg

Valuist
01-10-2017, 12:26 PM
The Raiders center Barret Robbins is the only "missing" athlete that comes to my mind.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I felt all along Rose leaving the Bulls was addition by subtraction.

Secondbest
01-10-2017, 01:12 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.

I felt all along Rose leaving the Bulls was addition by subtraction.
Isn't amazing how often that happens in all sports with these so called stars.

Robert Fischer
01-10-2017, 04:34 PM
"fam issues in Chicago"
Fined, and back to action tomorrow vs. Philly. :ThmbUp:

Arthur Ashe Courage Award

As great as Rose is on the court, he's an even greater man off the court.
He faced a family emergency so great that there was no time for even a text to management. In less than 24 hours, he went to Chicago, mediated that family emergency, and returned home to Ny. Fans are beginning to #vote (http://hashtag) Rose in for nomination of the Arthur Ashe Courage Award.
Granted, we've had some great winners recently like Michael Sam in 2014, and Caitlyn Jenner in 2015, and Zaevion Dobson - who 'won' last year after being murdered while (mistakenly, of course) targeted in a drive-by gang shooting retaliation.
The award has clearly been held to the highest standard in recent years, and Derrick Rose, 'Family Crisis Mediator' is the clear cut early favorite for 2017.

mostpost
01-11-2017, 02:23 AM
Prodigious physical talent-at least until his injuries. Prodigious screw up and that will never change.

Valuist
01-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Listening to The Score podcast (Chicago 670 AM), they were talking to a NY writer who covers the Knicks. By all accounts, it sounds like there was no "family emergency", just a fabrication for an unexcused absence. Rose didn't like sitting on the bench for the entire 4th quarter the other night in Milwaukee, and likely had "hangers on" get his ear how he "didn't need to take that".

Robert Fischer
01-12-2017, 01:04 PM
Listening to The Score podcast (Chicago 670 AM), they were talking to a NY writer who covers the Knicks. By all accounts, it sounds like there was no "family emergency", just a fabrication for an unexcused absence. Rose didn't like sitting on the bench for the entire 4th quarter the other night in Milwaukee, and likely had "hangers on" get his ear how he "didn't need to take that".

Last night vs 76ers , Rose started 1st game back after mediating the family crisis. :rolleyes:

Good individual shooting (percentage wise) game for Rose, but the Knicks 'offensive-threat territory' was like a high school team. No threat to make (or even shoot) a 3.
'Day-to-day' Derrick certainly didn't help that aspect of the offense.
A bad 76ers team hung around (in part from doing a better job at offensive-threat territory), and beat them at the buzzer.

Tonight a short-handed Bulls team @ Knicks
Knicks 4pt favs

Butler, Mirotic = Out
Wade = up for a game in Madison Square Garden

Melo, Rose = up to usual antics

Wade having a big night, and opening up some 3's for McDermott and co. is probably enough, but I'm not trying to pick, or bet this one. Could be an 'entertainment' game for the fans. Knicks 'brand' (and the NBA in kind) benefits from a win here.

I'd like to see the Bulls stomp them

Valuist
01-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Last night vs 76ers , Rose started 1st game back after mediating the family crisis. :rolleyes:

Good individual shooting (percentage wise) game for Rose, but the Knicks 'offensive-threat territory' was like a high school team. No threat to make (or even shoot) a 3.
'Day-to-day' Derrick certainly didn't help that aspect of the offense.
A bad 76ers team hung around (in part from doing a better job at offensive-threat territory), and beat them at the buzzer.

Tonight a short-handed Bulls team @ Knicks
Knicks 4pt favs

Butler, Mirotic = Out
Wade = up for a game in Madison Square Garden

Melo, Rose = up to usual antics

Wade having a big night, and opening up some 3's for McDermott and co. is probably enough, but I'm not trying to pick, or bet this one. Could be an 'entertainment' game for the fans. Knicks 'brand' (and the NBA in kind) benefits from a win here.

I'd like to see the Bulls stomp them

I would love to see it. I love this Knicks implosion. I have a season total under wager on the Knicks. I felt Noah was damaged goods, and Rose is too big of a head case to help a team.

Wiley
01-12-2017, 02:35 PM
It looks like Rose makes $21 million a year, so with 82 games per season, he makes around $260,000 per game. I read the Knicks fined him $200,000, so the way I figure it, he still made $60,000 from this whole "missing" from the game incident....that'll teach him.