PDA

View Full Version : No NYRA Channel

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-07-2017, 05:05 PM
An old friend is gone, he has been in my home for many years, always there at the Aqueduct, Belmont Park and Saratoga meetings. Now he is gone without warning...
the NYRA channel. I will adapt and use my laptop to 'play this game' interrupted, BUT, my 89 year old buddy (loves the game), will have nothing as of today. Yes, he is way behind in the technology as he owns no computer and no cell phone and has no ride to the local OTB A shame he is unable to watch the races as he has for the past 60 years, just saying! :confused:

cj
01-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Where have you been? Lots of discussion on this board about this.

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Where have you been? Lots of discussion on this board about this.

Been away for a week.

EMD4ME
01-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Give it a few hours. You'll have people tell you to

1) Adapt
2) suck it up
3) work with a 45 second lag time
4) Get a 2nd computer/3rd computer
5) Get over it
6) keep betting because you're a parasite

What no body seems to see or care about is: THIS is the beginning of the end.

1st the channel (it happened)
2nd will be telebet (that will happen-mark my words)
handle will drop (about 1/5 to happen)
Aqueduct closes

How in the world do the people who bite my head off, NOT SEE THIS?

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-07-2017, 05:28 PM

1) Adapt
2) suck it up
5) Get over it

Aqueduct closes

I hear you but I am not going to question a business decision when I know none of the facts. I never worry about the things in life that I can't control and this is one of them. the reason I brought this post up was the fact that we should appreciate the things in life that WE have and take for granted because in a second it can all disappear.

If this is the beginning of the end of racing at Aqueduct, it's a shame but I have no say in the matter

EMD4ME
01-07-2017, 05:53 PM
I hear you but I am not going to question a business decision when I know none of the facts. I never worry about the things in life that I can't control and this is one of them. the reason I brought this post up was the fact that we should appreciate the things in life that WE have and take for granted because in a second it can all disappear.

If this is the beginning of the end of racing at Aqueduct, it's a shame but I have no say in the matter

Allow me to assist you. They refused to spend a measly $500,000 for the channel. They feel that telebet is not a money maker as the money wagered kind of covers costs. What they don't factor in is if one needs all distribution channels, one may leave the game and NEVER introduce someone else to the game.

I can't believe you think you have no say. If all clients felt that way in all industries, I'd shoot myself and nothing would ever be heard/improved.

I sometimes wonder why I even waste my time with people.

Yes, you are right, 100% right, we should always appreciate all that we have in life as it could be gone tomorrow.

mannyberrios
01-07-2017, 05:53 PM

I don't think Aqueduct will close anytime soon

EMD4ME
01-07-2017, 05:54 PM
I don't think Aqueduct will close anytime soon

I hope you are correct, I really do. I love my year round NYC racing.

mannyberrios
01-07-2017, 06:00 PM
I hope you are correct, I really do. I love my year round NYC racing.
I also am very worried about what's happening lately, but it won't affect Aqueduct

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Allow me to assist you. They refused to spend a measly $500,000 for the channel. They feel that telebet is not a money maker as the money wagered kind of covers costs. What they don't factor in is if one needs all distribution channels, one may leave the game and NEVER introduce someone else to the game.

I can't believe you think you have no say. If all clients felt that way in all industries, I'd shoot myself and nothing would ever be heard/improved.

I sometimes wonder why I even waste my time with people.

Yes, you are right, 100% right, we should always appreciate all that we have in life as it could be gone tomorrow.

Please don't shoot yourself. I guess my thinking running into burning buildings for so many years has me not sweating the minor things!

EMD4ME
01-07-2017, 06:15 PM
Please don't shoot yourself. I guess my thinking running into burning buildings for so many years has me not sweating the minor things!

Figure of speech !!! :lol: I would never ....

And a sincere thank you for being a fireperson. I can't thank you enough for your service :ThmbUp:

BELMONT 6-6-09
01-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Figure of speech !!! :lol: I would never ....

And a sincere thank you for being a fireperson. I can't thank you enough for your service :ThmbUp:

It's all good get your DRF and tackle the Sunday racing card-that's my plan.

cj
01-07-2017, 06:32 PM

1) Adapt
2) suck it up
5) Get over it

Aqueduct closes

The majority probably don't care because we aren't in New York, no?

JimG
01-07-2017, 06:41 PM

It is interesting cj as my first thought when this came up was how lucky NY horse players were to be able to tune into their basic cable and watch the races for so many years. Most of us were never that fortunate.

Jim

Tom
01-07-2017, 06:42 PM

Not looking?
Don't Care?
Got a life already?
Rooting for it?
Too busy handicapping races?

JustRalph
01-07-2017, 06:42 PM
I played the horses about 5 days last year, traveling on business etc. just for a little fun went over to Delta Downs for a night.

You guys ought to try it.......

cj
01-07-2017, 06:54 PM
It is interesting cj as my first thought when this came up was how lucky NY horse players were to be able to tune into their basic cable and watch the races for so many years. Most of us were never that fortunate.

Jim

Oh no doubt that would be great. I just meant it is probably hard for us to get too upset about losing something we've never had.

My wording probably wasn't the best, should have said the majority shouldn't have a reason to comment, not care.

EMD4ME
01-07-2017, 06:54 PM

Bingo Bingo Bingo. Exactly right.

Most are used to being away from a track, Roku, lag times, no channel etc.

In NYC it was a total different ballgame. NYCOTB every 5 blocks. Racing coverage all day and night etc.

EMD4ME
01-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Oh no doubt that would be great. I just meant it is probably hard for us to get too upset about losing something we've never had.

My wording probably wasn't the best, should have said the majority shouldn't have a reason to comment, not care.

Yet they do and infer that I'm a crybaby, nuts etc.

One of the sharpest posters here, pointed this out to me as well. Very frustrating.

EMD4ME
01-07-2017, 06:58 PM
I played the horses about 5 days last year, traveling on business etc. just for a little fun went over to Delta Downs for a night.

You guys ought to try it.......

I would die :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
01-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Not looking?
Don't Care?
Got a life already?
Rooting for it?
Too busy handicapping races?

You're rooting for the demise of AQU?

Tom
01-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Could not care less.
Nothing at Aqu interests me.

NTamm1215
01-07-2017, 08:36 PM
What the situation definitely needed was another thread about it.

titans1127
01-07-2017, 09:09 PM
Haven't had the dedicated NYRA/OTB channel in 6 years as Verizon doesn't show it here on Long Island. Probably a Cablevision exclusive kinda thing. We just went ahead at the time and paid for TVG and TVG2 . My dad doesn't use the computer nor does he wager on his own from home(unless I'm not at work then I'll fire up the ADW and we play together ) so for him he just uses TVG to watch whatever they are airing at the time. If anything he appreciates being able to watch racing late into the night if he desires.(Anyone that also lives on LI knows that the OTB channel would cut off at 6PM unless that has changed since).

Sometimes you just have to adapt to change weather you like it or not.

Alwaysonpoint36
01-07-2017, 10:14 PM
Channel 74 on Long Island is just fine.
Sorry NYC folks. Use the interwebs......stand still and the world will pass you by.