PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Thursday, January 5

Teach
01-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Race One:

Where the Belt Pkwy. meets Rockaway Blvd…it’s Aqueduct-Live with your host: Teach. Yes, I’m goin’ to again be lookin’ at things on a race-by-race basis. The question remains: “Do we have a ‘Golden Rail’?” Racing surfaces can be fickle. “The Big A” is no different. Talk about giving human traits to inanimate objects. Personification, baby! Personally, I’m goin’ to tread Holly Golightly in the first couple races. That is until I can determine how the Aqueduct strip is playing. In the lid-lifter, we have an array of route maiden-claimers who’ve been running sprints.

Well, here goes. Based solely “on the lines” I’m giving my nod to :3: Archumybaby. No lead-pipe cinch, mind you. Too many imponderables. I’d love this Archarcharch-bred if the track were wet…but it ain’t. Frankly, although I’m picking her, I’m chastened by the fact this filly’s pilot, Rajiv Maragh - despite having two wins on Sunday’s card – has two wins in 45 tries in route races. Not exactly reassuring. Well, there's always the first-time starter :2:,Grande Beso (Big Kiss); she's a possibility, as is the :6: Society Hill. What did handicapper Tony Stabile say – and I’m paraphrasing here: One of the biggest drops a horse can make is going from MSW to maiden-claiming. I might mention that Archumaybaby fits that category, too. Good Luck!

Teach
01-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Race Two:

As the cop on the Bunco Squad said during Prohibition, "It looks like
an inside job!" :1: Julie D gets my nod with :3: , :2: , :6:

Teach
01-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Race Three:

A longshot try: :5: Linda Nin. Others: :6: , :2: , :4:

Teach
01-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Race Four:

:6: Ben's Miracle with :3: , :4: , :5:

Teach
01-05-2017, 02:19 PM
Race Five:

I'm intrigued with :4: Liz's Cable Girl. The question: Was her last race win down at Parx for real, or was it just a "flash in the pan"? I'm willing to lean toward the former. I'm tepidly putting her on top. Others I like are: :2:, :3: , :6: on a day where form is holding. Remember: You can only take what the racetrack gives. Or, as they say in the world of stocks and bonds: Don't fight the trend.

Teach
01-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Race Six:

:6: Two Down One To Go Others :1: , :2: , :7:

Teach
01-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Race Seven:

:1: , :3: , :5: , :2:

Teach
01-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Race Eight:

:5: , :4: , :6: , :9: