PDA

View Full Version : The movie "Vacation"

zico20
01-03-2017, 08:42 PM
I guess I just want to vent about political correctness now. I just finished watching the movie where the Griswolds go to California to visit Walley World.

Near the end when Roy Walley gets out of his limo the cable station silences the words "what are they Arabs?"

This phrase has been deleted on other cable channels when I have watched it also. Okay, now I have gotten it out of my system and onto the internet for the whole world to read. I feel much better now.

CincyHorseplayer
01-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Best line of the movie is "You'll be whistlin zippitie do da out your assholes".

Probably didn't hear that one either. Classic!

RaceBookJoe
01-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Imagine what cable stations do to " Blazing Saddles " :)

MutuelClerk
01-04-2017, 09:57 AM
Poor Don Rickles. One of the funniest men of all time.

JustRalph
01-04-2017, 11:52 AM
In the 1967 John Wayne movie El Dorado, James Caan as Mississippi, has a scene where he dresses up as a "China man" to trick a door guard at the rear of a saloon. He approaches the guard muttering "Chinese sounding words" etc and then knocks the guard out with one punch. The movie is a half ass comedy take on the western. The "China man" scene has been edited out recently due to political correctness. It was ok for forty years.....but not anymore

boxcar
01-04-2017, 01:24 PM
When are they bringing back "All in the Family" and the "Honeymooners"? Those two series alone could cause mass hysterical suicide among the millennials. :D

Inner Dirt
01-04-2017, 01:31 PM
In the 1967 John Wayne movie El Dorado, James Caan as Mississippi, has a scene where he dresses up as a "China man" to trick a door guard at the rear of a saloon. He approaches the guard muttering "Chinese sounding words" etc and then knocks the guard out with one punch. The movie is a half ass comedy take on the western. The "China man" scene has been edited out recently due to political correctness. It was ok for forty years.....but not anymore

It always cracks me up how most westerns of that era depict American Indians. They never use anyone of Indian descent and they all seem to speak the same type of broken English.

zico20
01-04-2017, 02:09 PM
When are they bringing back "All in the Family" and the "Honeymooners"? Those two series alone could cause mass hysterical suicide among the millennials. :D

Don't forget the Jeffersons. That was another politically incorrect sitcom. George calling Tom honky was always funny.

zico20
01-04-2017, 02:14 PM
I saw the movie Mississippi Burning the other night. I am surprised they keep in the N word, which is used multiple times. It does make the movie more realistic about how some people in the south viewed blacks back then, but I figure it won't be long until someone complains about that and it gets deleted.

reckless
01-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the security guard at the closed Wallyworld Amusement Park none other than John Candy?

zico20
01-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the security guard at the closed Wallyworld Amusement Park none other than John Candy?

Yes he was!

OntheRail
01-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Yep!

davew
01-04-2017, 10:52 PM
from IMDB->

The Wally World parking lot was actually the parking lot at the Santa Anita Racetrack. According to Harold Ramis, when filming Clark and Rusty's footrace, the temperature outside was 105 degrees, and the pavement was 130 degrees.