PDA

View Full Version : Trump 1 - House GOP 0

Ocala Mike
01-03-2017, 05:36 PM
If you're keeping score. I give the Donald a "well played" on this one.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tweets-house-republic

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in it." - Hamlet

boxcar
01-03-2017, 05:41 PM
If you're keeping score. I give the Donald a "well played" on this one.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tweets-house-republic

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in it." - Hamlet

The link is DOA, i.e. 404.

Ocala Mike
01-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Bad link - try this one:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/gop-congress-ethics-office-233123

Sorry.

boxcar
01-03-2017, 05:49 PM
Try this one.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tweets-house-republicans-ethics-office-gutting-2017-1

barahona44
01-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Love the part where the Ethics Office would have been supervised by Congressmen who have been under previous ethics investigations.The fox guarding the henhouse!.

This isn't just a victory for Trump but for everybody.

HalvOnHorseracing
01-03-2017, 06:59 PM
My understanding is that the vote has only been postponed. The Ethics Committee isn't out of the woods yet.

Ocala Mike
01-03-2017, 07:19 PM
The consensus is that we won't hear of this again. Like a horse who loses all chance at the start, the GOP got left at the gate. Way to start off!

chadk66
01-03-2017, 07:37 PM
should be Trump/U.S. Taxpayers 1-congress 0
Oh the horror of a president draining the swamp. Only people that will bitch about that are people that gain something from the current swamp.

Clocker
01-03-2017, 08:24 PM
I haven't seen any evidence that the issue was postponed solely because of a TrumpTweet. Pelosi criticized it before Trump. Maybe she was the prime mover. Anything to avoid listening to her whine. ;)

The GOP got lots of heat on this from a lot of sources, and decided to pull the old Potomac Two-step and kick the can down the road.

HalvOnHorseracing
01-03-2017, 08:37 PM
I haven't seen any evidence that the issue was postponed solely because of a TrumpTweet. Pelosi criticized it before Trump. Maybe she was the prime mover. Anything to avoid listening to her whine. ;)

The GOP got lots of heat on this from a lot of sources, and decided to pull the old Potomac Two-step and kick the can down the road.
One of the Republican reps characterized it as postponed on an interview. I would think technically the amendment was withdrawn.

Clocker
01-03-2017, 09:25 PM
One of the Republican reps characterized it as postponed on an interview. I would think technically the amendment was withdrawn.

The incoming chair of the House Committee on Ethics says they’ll “address” OCE reforms by August. Technically they kicked the can down the road.

Tom
01-04-2017, 08:00 AM
Two seconds after they are sworn in....most had not even sat down yet.
And they blow it.

This congress has 0 integrity and 0 credibility.

The leadership would all be asked by Trump to step down and put real American is their place - Paul Ryan ins NOT a real American. He is a traitor and a fool. He is a disgrace to this country.

To be a republican is to be a scum bag.

EasyGoer89
01-04-2017, 08:04 AM
should be Trump/U.S. Taxpayers 1-congress 0
Oh the horror of a president draining the swamp. Only people that will bitch about that are people that gain something from the current swamp.

It's pretty incredible that all these Hillary fans don't get the idea that their side is the swamp that needs draining, what are they missing? Is it just acceptable that politicians be crooks and rob the American people blind? Is that the kind of government we want? Millions of Americans blindly walked into the voting booth on nov 8 and pulled the lever that said 'a vote for the continuation of corrupt govt'

Amazing.

chadk66
01-04-2017, 09:28 AM
It's pretty incredible that all these Hillary fans don't get the idea that their side is the swamp that needs draining, what are they missing? Is it just acceptable that politicians be crooks and rob the American people blind? Is that the kind of government we want? Millions of Americans blindly walked into the voting booth on nov 8 and pulled the lever that said 'a vote for the continuation of corrupt govt'

Amazing.it's easy to understand if you understand they are a bunch of racist/elitist pigs. they only care about themselves. they enslave the poor in this country to rely on the government which guarantees their re-election. I have relatives that are native american. they are beside themselves over this election. their belief is Trump is going to make america "white" again. I asked them what the Obama admin. did for natives the first years of his administration when they had total control. They had absolutely no answer for that.

chadk66
01-04-2017, 09:30 AM
The death of Obamacare starts today on Capital hill

EasyGoer89
01-04-2017, 10:29 AM
it's easy to understand if you understand they are a bunch of racist/elitist pigs. they only care about themselves. they enslave the poor in this country to rely on the government which guarantees their re-election. I have relatives that are native american. they are beside themselves over this election. their belief is Trump is going to make america "white" again. I asked them what the Obama admin. did for natives the first years of his administration when they had total control. They had absolutely no answer for that.

Nobody ever has an answer and they don't have enough brain power to even understand they don't have an answer.

People who are against Trump don't really have anything other than canned democratic talking points that they picked up from the corrupt news network. Nobody has original thinking or logic when it comes to really trying to convince smart people that Hillary is a better candidate and option. I was waiting for that conversation to take place, it never did. From anyone. All I heard for a year and a half was but but but he said miss piggy and he's Hitler. That's all they had and they thought it was enough.

boxcar
01-04-2017, 12:36 PM
The death of Obamacare starts today on Capital hill

It is an encouraging sign that Mitch in the Senate wants to repeal ObamaCare. But all this remains to be seen.