PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff Discussion

barahona44
01-03-2017, 09:45 AM
If you want to talk about the playoffs, here's the place.Your forecasts are in a separate thread.

PhantomOnTour
01-03-2017, 09:49 AM
Steelers lost on the road at Miami earlier this year...they will win the rematch.
Steelers won at home vs the Chiefs earlier this year...they will lose the rematch at KC

Steelers fan here...we are pretty damn good, won 7 in a row, but too inconsistent to win it all this year.
Next season is the one

Robert Fischer
01-03-2017, 12:43 PM
Steelers lost on the road at Miami earlier this year...they will win the rematch.
Steelers won at home vs the Chiefs earlier this year...they will lose the rematch at KC

Steelers fan here...we are pretty damn good, won 7 in a row, but too inconsistent to win it all this year.
Next season is the one

I give the Fins credit for beating the Steelers.
They played well, exposed the Steelers defense. You can say that the Steelers took them lightly, came to Miami with one eye on the game and one eye on the nightlife, etc... I give Miami credit for that game.

However, Miami in the bigger picture is a FRAUD.
Dream trip.
browns
bengals
titans
then punched the Steelers in the mouth
Bills
Jets
Chargers
Rams
49ers

that's a BS stretch of a season.

It's nice that they actually played legit football, but they aren't a playoff team.

The Steelers are 10 pt favs, but have a lot of holes when examined in the Super Bowl picture.
Their Defense can be exposed. Timmons has rounded into a leader. Timmons is rugged, but he's no star. Shazier has electric speed, but his instincts stink.
Steelers employ a bend-don't-break defense. That's fine, and the NFL norm, but they have failed to establish a threat of a blitz. They kind of show a lot of nickel package to match up with passing games, and they feature 3-4 remnants(there aren't many 4-3 pass rushing DEs on the roster).
Top teams are able to operate patiently and relentlessly.

Offensively, the Steelers are at the top of the league when riding a high. However, their offense relies too heavily on elite skill and execution. That's not always a good strategy. While teams like the Patriots are systematic and cumulative, the Steelers are trading punches, and making 'big' plays in tough situations.

Secondbest
01-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Oakland looks to have a tough time with Conner Cook starting. Houston with Osweiler also doesn't inspire confidence. Have to go against the rookie on the road.
None of this is news to anybody. Not a very attractive game to watch.

barahona44
01-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Oakland looks to have a tough time with Conner Cook starting. Houston with Osweiler also doesn't inspire confidence. Have to go against the rookie on the road.
None of this is news to anybody. Not a very attractive game to watch.
If Cook starts , he will be the first NFL QB to make his 1st career start in the post-season.Now that's a baptism of fire!

Marshall Bennett
01-03-2017, 05:32 PM
I'm surprised Texans are even favored over Chiefs. If I were a big bettor in pro football, I'd take the Chief + pts. and run with it.

barahona44
01-03-2017, 06:33 PM
I'm surprised Texans are even favored over Chiefs. If I were a big bettor in pro football, I'd take the Chief + pts. and run with it.
I'm surprised too, especially since the Chiefs aren't playing this weekend! :D

Assuming you meant Oakland.

Valuist
01-03-2017, 07:19 PM

Next season is the one

They could very easily beat KC and in KC. They MUST do this: do NOT kick the ball to Tyreke Hill. Never, ever. Special teams is where KC wins games.

Offensively and defensively? KC is at 5.5 yards/play on both offense and defense so if they don't win special teams and turnover battle, they will be in trouble.

lamboguy
01-04-2017, 02:37 AM
Tom Brady was suspended for the first 4 games this year, instead of that being a penalty it turned out to be a reward for New England. for that reason alone i see no way the Pats don't win it all this year,

Marshall Bennett
01-04-2017, 04:03 AM
I'm surprised too, especially since the Chiefs aren't playing this weekend! :D

Assuming you meant Oakland.
Can't you tell how excited I am about the playoffs? :)

EasyGoer89
01-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Tom Brady was suspended for the first 4 games this year, instead of that being a penalty it turned out to be a reward for New England. for that reason alone i see no way the Pats don't win it all this year,

They should have suspended him 4 games for the playoffs. That wrist slap just goes to show you how much they care about the perception of their product, not much difference between nfl and pro wrestling.

lamboguy
01-04-2017, 11:53 AM
ironically, Roger Goodell makes $44 million a year while Tom Brady is only making $20 million

HalvOnHorseracing
01-04-2017, 03:52 PM
ironically, Roger Goodell makes $44 million a year while Tom Brady is only making $20 million
The two things I like to see in the playoffs are teams that seem to be peaking going in, and teams with exceptional defense. While the Giants seem to have a stout defense, watching Manning run the offense has been more frustrating than anything. Perhaps Perkins will help the run game, but Manning has made a lot of bad decisions, bad throws, and he's got the mobility of a telephone pole. The have trouble scoring points, and GB doesn't. I'm reluctantly going with GB on the momentum angle.

The Texans look to be in some disarray. Even though Oakland has QB issues, I'll take them at home.

I think Miami - Pittsburgh will be the most entertaining game of the weekend. While I think Pittsburgh is the likely winner, I'm expecting a good game.

Seattle seems to be coming to hand well, and I'm not a Detroit believer.

Secondbest
01-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Remember last year? All the road teams won. This year the only road team with a big shot I think is my Giants. Oakland with Cook don't think so.Lions in Seattle after the way they finished.No (but I will root for them ). Miami . Tough to stop the Big three.

_______
01-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Remember last year? All the road teams won. This year the only road team with a big shot I think is my Giants. Oakland with Cook don't think so.Lions in Seattle after the way they finished.No (but I will root for them ). Miami . Tough to stop the Big three.

I was just going to make this exact point ex the Giants. I don't really see any of the home teams losing.

OAK/HOU is 37 over/under at Bovada. That's an incredibly low number for a playoff game in the modern age where rules favor offense but I would be solidly on the under. The only risk is defensive scoring. I can't imaging either of these offenses getting to 20.

EasyGoer89
01-04-2017, 06:50 PM
I was just going to make this exact point ex the Giants. I don't really see any of the home teams losing.

OAK/HOU is 37 over/under at Bovada. That's an incredibly low number for a playoff game in the modern age where rules favor offense but I would be solidly on the under. The only risk is defensive scoring. I can't imaging either of these offenses getting to 20.

Good points, you're right, under in oak game seems like the sharp side,just have to prevent a couple pick 6s and you should be ok. The game plans will be conservative I would imagine.

I was thinking about this Detroit team, I wonder if they can shock the world ?

zico20
01-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Good points, you're right, under in oak game seems like the sharp side,just have to prevent a couple pick 6s and you should be ok. The game plans will be conservative I would imagine.

I was thinking about this Detroit team, I wonder if they can shock the world ?

You mean the country. The rest of the world does not give a damn about american football. :D

Robert Fischer
01-05-2017, 12:56 PM
I took some stats and made some amateur metrics in excel.
Surprised to see Green Bay ranked in the top 5 of what I called "impact defense" (used sack%, int%, strength of schedule)(should have included total takeaways in some form).
Doesn't mean a whole lot, and much of that was a function of their 6 game win streak, but it was surprising to me, as a fan who pretty much summarizes Green Bay by saying "uh oh Rodgers is somewhat dangerous...".

Line is up from about -3.5 to about -4.5-5 last i'd checked

Valuist
01-05-2017, 02:10 PM
I took some stats and made some amateur metrics in excel.
Surprised to see Green Bay ranked in the top 5 of what I called "impact defense" (used sack%, int%, strength of schedule)(should have included total takeaways in some form).
Doesn't mean a whole lot, and much of that was a function of their 6 game win streak, but it was surprising to me, as a fan who pretty much summarizes Green Bay by saying "uh oh Rodgers is somewhat dangerous...".

Line is up from about -3.5 to about -4.5-5 last i'd checked

Their defense is not good. It is subpar. Football Outsiders have them as the 20th best defense. In raw numbers, they are tied for 26th in yards/play against (at 5.9). Opposing QBs have a rating of 96 against them this year, which makes them 26th vs the pass. They have done a couple things well: 6th in QB sacks, and 11th in turnovers forced, all 10 of the turnovers forced occurred when Russell Wilson had the worst game of his life, and the second was against the Matt Barkley Experience in 2 degree weather. But besides stats, there's the matter of cluster injuries in the secondary.

_______
01-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Their defense is not good. It is subpar. Football Outsiders have them as the 20th best defense. In raw numbers, they are tied for 26th in yards/play against (at 5.9). Opposing QBs have a rating of 96 against them this year, which makes them 26th vs the pass. They have done a couple things well: 6th in QB sacks, and 11th in turnovers forced, all 10 of the turnovers forced occurred when Russell Wilson had the worst game of his life, and the second was against the Matt Barkley Experience in 2 degree weather. But besides stats, there's the matter of cluster injuries in the secondary.

You could see an undrafted rookie who signed as a WR and has been playing on the practice squad step in for some snaps at CB. The injuries last week have to impact how you look at their defense.

It's not an ideal situation.

EasyGoer89
01-05-2017, 04:56 PM
You mean the country. The rest of the world does not give a damn about american football. :D

So true. :D

Robert Fischer
01-07-2017, 02:56 PM
HOU-OAK = interesting match up, tough bet.

pro OAK = I REALLY want to take Oakland. Rookie QB FirstTimeStarter as well. He'll do fine. That alone makes for potential value.

pro HOU = some of that is cancelled out by HOU being a little bit better of an overall team. It hurts Oakland's value that they beat Hou in Mexico City. That game was relatively close, and the conditions were suspect.

I think the value involving the QB position and the better offense of Oakland are more important factors. I'm picking OAK+4 in the betting thread.

Robert Fischer
01-07-2017, 06:17 PM
looks like I was wrong about Oakland being fine in the passing game.

lucky to be down 20-7 at half.
Coaching has been very conservative. Cook has looked shaky.

Secondbest
01-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Osweiler is really bad. I think I saw Houston once or twice this year and I don't remember much but he's awful.Clowney looks like the player he was thought to be coming out of college.First team all-pro and he looks it.If they have to go to NE what are they going to do for points?

Secondbest
01-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Talking about points my Giants may have trouble scoring.Hope the defense can GB under 20.Otherwise their in trouble.

Valuist
01-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Paul Richardson has made 3 sensational catches tonight for Seattle; 2 of them one handed. Looks like a star may have been born.

Valuist
01-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Talking about points my Giants may have trouble scoring.Hope the defense can GB under 20.Otherwise their in trouble.

They are going up against a very weak secondary that has been made worse due to cluster injuries. No excuses for them not to win.

ebcorde
01-07-2017, 11:09 PM
My Team Played Cowboy, Giants 2x and the Packers (at home).

AFC Pats easy

NFC Seattle or GB. Rogers is on fire.
Dallas 2 rookies in the backfield? I'd bet against.

My Team (Eagles) sucks no WR's. But we should have beaten Dallas 2x.(first game coach's DUMB call late in 4th took us out of easy FG range and a rookie RB fumble late) we would have had 10 point lead with 3 min left. we Lost in OT.

Same with Giants, should have won both , DUMB coach tries 2 4th down GO FOR IT in the first half!!!! IN FG RANGE TOO WTF. , He lost both. we lose by 6 pts.

But Man, Rogers KILLED the Eagles. I think that's when GB got Hot.

Super Bowl Seattle or GB. Again Rogers is on fire.

oh first Round always seems predicable.

Secondbest
01-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Atlanta opened as a 4 point favorite over Seattle.

ebcorde
01-07-2017, 11:52 PM
Atlanta opened as a 4 point favorite over Seattle.

really? Defense looked good today. Penn Charter's Matty Ice has to get er done. That will be a game worth watching.

kingfin66
01-08-2017, 02:08 AM
Paul Richardson has made 3 sensational catches tonight for Seattle; 2 of them one handed. Looks like a star may have been born.

I don't know. This is his 3rd year in the league. The first two were injury riddled and he was not even active until mid-season this year. He has the speed, but lacks size and durability. He was playing being Tyler Lockett until Lockett got injured. It is nice to see him stepping up, but it is too early to count on him too much.

That first one hander was a weird play as his arm got wrapped around the defender's helmet and he ended holding on to his facemask. Probably too much has been made of this call in deciding the game, but it was missed.

Redboard
01-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Games have been bad so far. I'm about to turn the channel on the Pit-Mia game. 20-3. Uggh.. Hopefully the Giants Packers game will salvage the weekend.

ebcorde
01-08-2017, 04:43 PM
almost same teams every year because a lot of owners do not TRY.

My NFC East Div They Try. My birds suck but Jeff tries.
Pats win all the time because they try but no one else in that Div does

Steelers, Broncos, Ravens try every year.
Packers try. SEA,SF,MINN try

everyone else its occasional or rare.

2nd rd will be better , league knows it, save the Best for last GB vs NY

ElKabong
01-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Games have been bad so far. I'm about to turn the channel on the Pit-Mia game. 20-3. Uggh.. Hopefully the Giants Packers game will salvage the weekend.

Good one going on right now if you like great defense. Good pass coverage, good tackling. No one being out schemed on defense.

Redboard
01-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Good one going on right now if you like great defense. Good pass coverage, good tackling. No one being out schemed on defense.

Yea, like the defensive battles. Only game that hasn't been over by half time. OK, the Seattle game was 10-3 at half but did anyone believe that Detroit really had a chance?

burnsy
01-08-2017, 06:58 PM
The gay NY WR will be fun. I root Rogers This could have be the NFC Title game

I kind of doubt that, these teams can't play pass defense. The Giants have the line but that secondary is getting torched. So is GB for that matter.

But a hail Mary like that? C'mon?

Some sloppy pass "D" by both teams.

Secondbest
01-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Unfortunately I was right. Giants had them early but those drops by Beckham and Sheppard killed them.Then the hail Mary. Another thing was the short kickoffs after the Giants scored ended up giving the Packers great field position.But 13 points ugh.

burnsy
01-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately I was right. Giants had them early but those drops by Beckham and Sheppard killed them.Then the hail Mary. Another thing was the short kickoffs after the Giants scored ended up giving the Packers great field position.But 13 points ugh.

I lost both games today but both teams had a chance to cover. They were just too sloppy with mistakes for a playoff team to be. Miami did some of the dumbest things I've seen and that Hail Mary was a killer....Giants never recovered and got an ass kicking in the second half. Neither team was going to win but they gave it away.

I've never cared for OBJ, too much flash and not enough substance when it counts. The league and shows love his antics, it makes them money. But there are many guys just as good, if not better. He gets the TV coverage but he has his faults too......many of them. I like the guys that let their play do the talking. Coaches nightmare. There are certain teams that are good, where that crap would not be tolerated....not mentioning names but everyone knows what teams I mean.

Redboard
01-08-2017, 08:44 PM

Yea, giants should have scored a couple touchdowns early. Sorry about your team. At least you beat the boys twice this season.

Secondbest
01-08-2017, 08:45 PM
I lost both games today but both teams had a chance to cover. They were just too sloppy with mistakes for a playoff team to be. Miami did some of the dumbest things I've seen and that Hail Mary was a killer....Giants never recovered and got an ass kicking in the second half. Neither team was going to win but they gave it away.

I've never cared for OBJ, too much flash and not enough substance when it counts. The league and shows love his antics, it makes them money. But there are many guys just as good, if not better. He gets the TV coverage but he has his faults too......many of them. I like the guys that let their play do the talking. Coaches nightmare. There are certain teams that are good, where that crap would not be tolerated....not mentioning names but everyone knows what teams I mean.
I think he has way too many drops and does a lot of stupid things but he did make 2nd team all-pro

Redboard
01-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Rogers vs Eli like the old days

been a Eagle fan out the womb. age: 60 ESPN LIES

1, I (yeah me NOT F'ing MIKE TIRICO ) was at that Santa Claus snow ball game, and the Michael Irvin so-called "we were cheering when he was hurt"
game.

Santa Claus YEAH THEY DID snowball him and it was fun to watch. They toted out some dude in a suit on top of a convertible and peope started throwing snowballs
why: WE SUCKED. a few years OF 1-13 while Johnny U was doing it in Baltimore

we were so bad, seemed people went to the games to get drunk have a laugh hence snowballs.

been waiting to say that for a long time. how many left at that Game.

#2 Game ending Michael Irvin career on hell yeah we did cheer ON THE HIT
years of that SOB catching a first down, getting up and pointing first down.

BUT after 30 seconds, people said "oh he's sill not getting up and we all got quiet" although few a-holes did cheer some more, they quickly got that Philly look from the fans that "you want to leave here on a stretcher?" look

Emmitt always got respect too damm good

I'm a lifetime Eagles fan too , but don't know why you are bringing up these old topics. I don't mind if the rest of the country thinks we are mean fans, badge of honor.

Secondbest
01-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Latest lines I Saw
ATL -4 1/2
NE. - 16 1/2
KC. - 1 1/2
DAL. - 4

rastajenk
01-08-2017, 09:20 PM
I smell another Steelers - Packers Finale after this weekend.

burnsy
01-08-2017, 09:25 PM
I think he has way too many drops and does a lot of stupid things but he did make 2nd team all-pro

Don't get me wrong, he's good, but tons of potential left. Just reported that he bashed his head into a wall and punched it. I don't know if the media is hyping this but its par for the course.

Some of these guys are their own worst enemy. He is a football player, shut up and play football without all the antics...he doesn't even realize its for his own good. Other guys do it too, but most of them back it on the field without the tantrums when it goes south. gotta grow up, the he's an "emotional player" stuff is garbage. He's a walking circus. Flashy when he gets a lousy first down, crying when it doesn't work out.....guess what ? That's life, no matter what one does.

NJ Stinks
01-09-2017, 02:28 AM
Is it just me or did the visitors the Lions, Dolphins, and Giants not get one close call this weekend? (Maybe the Raiders were squeezed too but I missed much of that game.)

Illegal screens on crossing patterns and pass interference (offensive and defensive) require a certain amount of courage from an official for justice to prevail. None was found this weekend IMO.

upthecreek
01-09-2017, 11:14 AM
I saw on Twitter asst. Coach Joey Porter was arrested in a bar for assaulting the doorman after the Steelers won Guess the guy was a Dolphins fan

Secondbest
01-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Yea, giants should have scored a couple touchdowns early. Sorry about your team. At least you beat the boys twice this season.
Small consolation.I will be rooting for the Pack because I can't stand the Cowgirls and their front-running fans who come out of the woodwork as soon as they win a game.

ctownraces@bp
01-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Small consolation.I will be rooting for the Pack because I can't stand the Cowgirls and their front-running fans who come out of the woodwork as soon as they win a game.

:ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2017, 03:22 PM
I saw on Twitter asst. Coach Joey Porter was arrested in a bar for assaulting the doorman after the Steelers won Guess the guy was a Dolphins fan
Time to cut that dude loose

tucker6
01-10-2017, 06:38 AM
Time to cut that dude loose
suspended by the team. They'll cut him after the season. Deservedly so.

burnsy
01-12-2017, 01:07 PM

They really do. I live in upstate NY and there's a big following, even up here. Always has been. Now that they are good, you never here the end of it. That game can go two ways. The Cowboys must run and get first downs to keep Aaron Rodgers off the field. If they suffer a few three and outs or from few first downs and punt, Rodgers will wear the defense down and dice them up.

He's on fire right now, throws the ball like a gunslinger, extends plays and reads the open target. I really don't think there is a stronger arm in the league. I don't care if its in Dallas, if they cant control time of possession, in the second half he will rip them a new one. The Giants have a good defense, it didn't matter. He has gotta be kept off the field or the Cowboys will be toast.

PhantomOnTour
01-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Three of the four games this wknd should be good ones.
Intriguing matchups in every game except Texans/Pats

Go Steelers !

ElKabong
01-12-2017, 03:01 PM
They really do. I live in upstate NY and there's a big following, even up here. Always has been. Now that they are good, you never here the end of it. That game can go two ways. The Cowboys must run and get first downs to keep Aaron Rodgers off the field. If they suffer a few three and outs or from few first downs and punt, Rodgers will wear the defense down and dice them up.

He's on fire right now, throws the ball like a gunslinger, extends plays and reads the open target. I really don't think there is a stronger arm in the league. I don't care if its in Dallas, if they cant control time of possession, in the second half he will rip them a new one. The Giants have a good defense, it didn't matter. He has gotta be kept off the field or the Cowboys will be toast.

When the cowdogs beat the packers earlier this year Dez Bryant was in street clothes. Still, they ran all over GB. Even w/o a gamechanging WR GB couldn't send enough resources in the box to stop dallas from running at will

I just don't see a change sunday. GB will need to sell out to stop Zeke b/c I think he'll be asked to carry the load early on. When GB loads up the box it w/ free up Dak to do some damage

I'm not a fan of any nfl team, but this cowboys team is fun to watch if you like to see a good OL play. Rodgers is a great qb, but he'd better not get behind more than a score. That's a big deal for gb here. Rodgers having to take chances won't fare well, gb needs to move the chains like they did vs the giants

I don't bet football but if i did, I'd take Dallas and give as much as 5
Not sure how they would do vs ATL

Robert Fischer
01-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Green Bay was a profitable bet vs. NY, but this could go either way.

Dallas controls their own fate.

Coaches - must be confident and aggressive

Prescott - must carry that same presence into the playoff stage

2 'keys' that I'm watching for:
1. Green Bay creating turnovers and impact defensive plays
-could be a difference maker.

2. Prescott scoring a rushing TD in the red zone
-establishes a threat that spreads defensive strategy too thin

ElKabong
01-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Was trying to remember where I saw the info below, just now found it....cy and paste from a UT board.
Packers will need to morph into something they aren't in order to take this one

The undersized Packers front wasn't pancaked by Dallas' power OL by chance.

GB has only faced 4 teams in top 10 in rushing...Dallas, Atlanta, Tennessee, and Houston. Just so happens they went 1-3.

Five opponents broke 100 yards rushing...they only beat two.

Dallas has the magic formula to beat these Packers. Pound the ball, cheat up the defense to help out, and then spread the ball around. GB had no answer last time.

Secondbest
01-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Was trying to remember where I saw the info below, just now found it....cy and paste from a UT board.
Packers will need to morph into something they aren't in order to take this one

The undersized Packers front wasn't pancaked by Dallas' power OL by chance.

GB has only faced 4 teams in top 10 in rushing...Dallas, Atlanta, Tennessee, and Houston. Just so happens they went 1-3.

Five opponents broke 100 yards rushing...they only beat two.

Dallas has the magic formula to beat these Packers. Pound the ball, cheat up the defense to help out, and then spread the ball around. GB had no answer last time.
I hope your wrong but the Green Bay defense may be up against it.Don't forget the Giants would have been up by as much as 17 if not by big drops by Beckham and Shepard .

ebcorde
01-12-2017, 10:05 PM
Hot QB. he looks same as when he won it. GB "D" looks good enough.
Only thing is they have injuries. A Hot QB improves the performance of receivers too.

barahona44
01-13-2017, 12:24 AM
I have a lot of trouble with trusting "worst to first"teams in the playoffs.Feel the Cowboys are a solid team that has played above their heads and the Pack were underachieving much of the year, but now have the hot hand AND the hot QB.

thaskalos
01-13-2017, 12:42 AM
I fell for the hype surrounding the "ailing" Packer secondary, and the "difficulty" that they were supposed to have with Odell Beckham...and I wagered against the Pack last week. Upon watching that laugher of a game...I swore that I'd never bet against Rodgers for the rest of these playoffs.

burnsy
01-13-2017, 07:59 AM
When the cowdogs beat the packers earlier this year Dez Bryant was in street clothes. Still, they ran all over GB. Even w/o a gamechanging WR GB couldn't send enough resources in the box to stop dallas from running at will

I just don't see a change sunday. GB will need to sell out to stop Zeke b/c I think he'll be asked to carry the load early on. When GB loads up the box it w/ free up Dak to do some damage

I'm not a fan of any nfl team, but this cowboys team is fun to watch if you like to see a good OL play. Rodgers is a great qb, but he'd better not get behind more than a score. That's a big deal for gb here. Rodgers having to take chances won't fare well, gb needs to move the chains like they did vs the giants

I don't bet football but if i did, I'd take Dallas and give as much as 5
Not sure how they would do vs ATL

That's the game, if Dallas runs well again, they will win again. If it turns into a shoot out between Dak and Rodgers........GB will trump that. GB will be happy if the Boys start throwing the ball....the possessions move faster and they'll never keep up for an entire half. Dak has to have Dez, Rodgers does not need Nelson to rip the other team. Brady and Rodgers are the types that just need good receivers, they don't need game changers, the receivers are just about inter changeable with these guys throwing to them. You are right, GB's run defense will be the whole deal for them.

ElKabong
01-13-2017, 09:46 AM
Burnsy,

I'm no coach, but GB will need to take a lot of chances, schematically, to stop the run. They are overmatched so they;ll have to roll the dice I'd think....If the gambles payoff, they can beat the cows

Rogers is the best in the nfc right now, and Claiborne is asking to get back on the field after weeks on the scratch list. I imagine he'll get targeted early on by GB

I have no rooting interest even tho I'm a native Dallasite and lived here for all my life, less 4 yrs. It should be a fun game to watch. But I do think Zeke will get the ball early and often in the first half, unless Dak checks off.

PhantomOnTour
01-13-2017, 03:09 PM
ESPN reporting that Steelers /Chiefs kickoff has been moved back to 7pm due to weather

ElKabong
01-13-2017, 03:48 PM
ESPN reporting that Steelers /Chiefs kickoff has been moved back to 7pm due to weather

and Joey Porter will be on the sideline this weekend

PhantomOnTour
01-13-2017, 03:56 PM
and Joey Porter will be on the sideline this weekend
Doubtful...the new kickoff time will allow him to make Sunday brunch and Happy Hour...gonna be drunk and in jail by kickoff

ElKabong
01-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Doubtful...the new kickoff time will allow him to make Sunday brunch and Happy Hour...gonna be drunk and in jail by kickoff

Lol

Saw the news of porter being on the sideline on the nfl network crawl at lunch. Didn't mention if he was reinstated, just that he'll be on the sideline

Secondbest
01-13-2017, 04:57 PM
Just heard the same thing looks like game will start right after packer game.

Robert Fischer
01-13-2017, 11:10 PM
I don't feel strong enough to make a bet, but 15 or 16 points is a hell of a lot of points.
New England is certainly that much better than Houston. There are a lot of scenarios where New England may out play Houston by 15 or 16 points but not have the incentive to attempt to run up the score.

There's also a slim chance that Houston actually does play closer than 15 to 16 points. (not even necessarily a winning game simply being worse by mere dozen, fit this scenario.)

So by Taking Houston + points you almost get more than the face value. I think that adds a little bit of value.

I'll take Houston +15 as an 'action' bet. I wouldn't bet this with my real money, and I wouldn't post this on my Facebook where I've been posting my official bets.
After the Green Bay game last week my record went to six wins no losses and one push for the season. Not going to post this game on Facebook.

ElKabong
01-14-2017, 04:35 PM
http://www.theonion.com/article/patriots-not-allowing-football-game-against-texans-55021

Patriots Not Allowing Football Game Against Texans To Become Distraction

FOXBOROUGH, MA—Insisting that it is the furthest thing from their minds at this point in their season, members of the New England Patriots told reporters Thursday that they are not allowing their upcoming game against the Houston Texans to become a distraction.

“Obviously, it’s something we’d rather not be dealing with right now, but we’re not going to let trivial stuff like this Saturday’s matchup with the Texans take away our focus from our goals as a team,” said Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who downplayed the upcoming divisional playoff game by adding that players and coaches have avoided discussing the subject at all in the locker room.

“We know it’s something that the media wants to make a big deal of, but it’s getting blown out of proportion, and honestly, none of us are paying any attention to it. It’s not something we’re going to waste time worrying about.” - snip

Secondbest
01-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Atlanta showed a lot of toughness with that drive.

Secondbest
01-14-2017, 05:15 PM
Seattle right back

Secondbest
01-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Never thought Atlanta could runover Seattle like they did.Ryan showed great leadership huddling his team on the sidelines like he did.

ebcorde
01-14-2017, 08:53 PM
seems like every year AFC puts up a patsy team

Go Pack!

ebcorde
01-14-2017, 09:16 PM
and they have a pass rush

Secondbest
01-14-2017, 09:40 PM
Nance is better than sominex.

ElKabong
01-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Atlanta showed a lot of toughness with that drive.

If Atlanta plays like they did today, they can beat anyone. They'd have carved up the Dallas defense today

Their OC is a former longhorn, but no doubt he learned offensive football from his dad (shanahan). Loved the aggressive play calling

As bad as Julio jones bent over Sherman today, he'd have done even more damage vs Dallas CBs

ultracapper
01-15-2017, 02:07 AM
Seattle is on the edge, and what they do this off-season will determine if they continue to be a serious Super Bowl contender for the forseeable future, or they continue what is feeling like a slow death march. There are anywhere from 4 to 8 teams right now that are better than them on a regular basis. That goal line pass in the SB against NE is becoming more and more painful as the prospect of them not making it back there for some time becomes more and more realistic.

rastajenk
01-15-2017, 08:27 AM
What is the point of playing domed games in the afternoon, and outdoor games at night in January?

burnsy
01-15-2017, 10:38 AM
Burnsy,

I'm no coach, but GB will need to take a lot of chances, schematically, to stop the run. They are overmatched so they;ll have to roll the dice I'd think....If the gambles payoff, they can beat the cows

Rogers is the best in the nfc right now, and Claiborne is asking to get back on the field after weeks on the scratch list. I imagine he'll get targeted early on by GB

I have no rooting interest even tho I'm a native Dallasite and lived here for all my life, less 4 yrs. It should be a fun game to watch. But I do think Zeke will get the ball early and often in the first half, unless Dak checks off.

Both games today should be pretty good. I think people are under estimating GB. They are better than earlier in the season. They are going through something similar to what Ultracapper wrote about Seattle, if it doesn't happen again soon, GB will be waiting a long time probably.

PhantomOnTour
01-15-2017, 10:42 AM
What is the point of playing domed games in the afternoon, and outdoor games at night in January?
Steelers/Chiefs game was originally a 12:05pm kickoff but it got postponed due to icy weather in KC that is supposed to clear up a bit by this evening

NFL Playoff schedule is always as follows:
Saturday games at 4pm and 8pm EST
Sunday games at noon and 3:30pm EST

popular teams like the Pats and Cowboys almost always get the later game (esp on Sat for a prime time matchup)...TV ratings

Secondbest
01-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Ice storm is a good excuse to move the game. We all know the NFL cares deeply about their fans. I am sure that the fact that ratings were down 7% across the board last weekend and with Monday a holiday had nothing to do with putting the game on at night.

burnsy
01-15-2017, 12:17 PM
Ice storm is a good excuse to move the game. We all know the NFL cares deeply about their fans. I am sure that the fact that ratings were down 7% across the board last weekend and with Monday a holiday had nothing to do with putting the game on at night.

True points, but to be fair, nothing is worse driving than ice. I don't care what kind of vehicle one drives, ice is a game changer, its impossible to navigate. I drive through snow all the time, if its an ice storm, I ain't moving. They probably did the right thing even if it works in their favor too.

Secondbest
01-15-2017, 12:29 PM
True points, but to be fair, nothing is worse driving than ice. I don't care what kind of vehicle one drives, ice is a game changer, its impossible to navigate. I drive through snow all the time, if its an ice storm, I ain't moving. They probably did the right thing even if it works in their favor too.
Agree 100% driving on ice is the worst.It once took me 7 hours to go 20 miles everyone was crawling in bumper to bumper in an ice storm.
Why not play Monday night. They do it all year.

barahona44
01-15-2017, 12:43 PM
Agree 100% driving on ice is the worst.It once took me 7 hours to go 20 miles everyone was crawling in bumper to bumper in an ice storm.
Why not play Monday night. They do it all year.
Then the Patriots would be playing with 2 more days of rest than Pitt or KC,instead of one.

Secondbest
01-15-2017, 01:45 PM
Then the Patriots would be playing with 2 more days of rest than Pitt or KC,instead of one.
I understand. But during the year teams playing on Thursday often play teams that played Sunday. My point is they claim its for safety reasons. To be extra safe play Monday afternoon. Not Sunday night. But to be fair . I don't know the weather for Sunday night or Monday.

_______
01-15-2017, 05:04 PM
I'm rooting for Green Bay and I could see that Richard Rodger's knee was down with the ball outside the end zone. Odd that was missed.

ebcorde
01-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Mason. Crosby 56 yards

lamboguy
01-15-2017, 08:00 PM
i hope G Bay wins this game because except for their quarterback, they stink. the next team will make mince meat out of them.

ebcorde
01-15-2017, 08:02 PM
like he's throwing darts

_______
01-15-2017, 08:04 PM
i hope G Bay wins this game because except for their quarterback, they stink. the next team will make mince meat out of them.

Their defense is decimated. Atlanta will score at least 45 on them.

I doubt they can score more than that but much happier seeing them travel to Atlanta than Atlanta head to Dallas.

zico20
01-15-2017, 08:06 PM
The stupidity of NFL players and coaches is mind boggling. Why on God's green earth did Dallas spike the ball on first down with 50 seconds to go when they had a timeout left. Piss away a down. Have to kick a field goal. Leave GB enough time to march down the field. Has to rank up there as one of the dumbest decisions of all time. And there have been plenty of idiotic decisions over the years in the NFL. :bang:

ElKabong
01-15-2017, 08:08 PM

The GB off line was big in this game. Almost no pressure the whole game

The diff in the end, Rodgers can close a game, Dak isn't ready to be that guy yet

Thought GB was the better prepared team , I thought their offense when they took the field on the first possession they looked calm and very confident. Garrett and the DC was scrambling from the get go

Great game. My wife didn't enjoy the ending but I enjoyed the heck out of it

ElKabong
01-15-2017, 08:12 PM
The stupidity of NFL players and coaches is mind boggling. Why on God's green earth did Dallas spike the ball on first down with 50 seconds to go when they had a timeout left. Piss away a down. Have to kick a field goal. Leave GB enough time to march down the field. Has to rank up there as one of the dumbest decisions of all time. And there have been plenty of idiotic decisions over the years in the NFL. :bang:

It's the ghost of Leon Lett.... A history of very stupid on the field football since Landry left.

_______
01-15-2017, 08:12 PM
Does anybody else see what I thought was obvious? Green Bay's first touchdown wasn't in the end zone.

I'm shocked that play wasn't overturned on review. Rodger's knee is clearly down with the ball outside the end zone.

No one commented on it on air but someone else has to have seen it. No big deal as it would have been first and goal on the 1 but it's hard to believe this wasn't overturned on review.

horses4courses
01-15-2017, 08:31 PM
Seeing Green Bay advance yet again?
Ehhh....... :rolleyes:

Seeing this photo?
Priceless..... :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2QVOsVUoAAsCaJ.jpg

Secondbest
01-15-2017, 08:34 PM
Just a great game with a Perfect ending.For the Dallas to come back the way they did and then lose on that pass and 51 yarder was a joy to behold.

ebcorde
01-15-2017, 08:36 PM
Alex " dink man" Smith has no shot against Belicheck. KC will get shutout.

Secondbest
01-15-2017, 08:41 PM
Does anybody else see what I thought was obvious? Green Bay's first touchdown wasn't in the end zone.

I'm shocked that play wasn't overturned on review. Rodger's knee is clearly down with the ball outside the end zone.

No one commented on it on air but someone else has to have seen it. No big deal as it would have been first and goal on the 1 but it's hard to believe this wasn't overturned on review.
I don't think he was touched until after crossed the goal line.

NJ Stinks
01-15-2017, 11:51 PM
The difference between Pittsburgh and KC? Tomlin would have blitzed with everything he had on 3rd and 3 when Ben threw to Brown on the crossing pattern to seal the win. Reid sat back and played zone.

The Steelers move on.

PhantomOnTour
01-15-2017, 11:55 PM
We kicked 'em to death :D #boswell
Here we go Steelers !

ldiatone
01-16-2017, 02:45 AM
:jump: :jump:

lamboguy
01-16-2017, 03:46 AM
at the very least the Steelers are going to give the Patriots something to think about Sunday.

the Steelers are a great franchise, but so aren't the Patriots now.

burnsy
01-16-2017, 07:16 AM
We kicked 'em to death :D #boswell
Here we go Steelers !

Yeah, but I would be a little worried about that. NE plays a similar, bend but don't break defense as KC, they won't win next week kicking FG's all day, that's a given. For all their hype and fire power, they still gotta step it up a notch because the 3 teams left besides them in the playoffs can go up and down the field quickly, unlike KC. The Patriots are probably good for double the score next week, which means about 32 points. Unless NE has a bad game, they will probably get at least 28 points next week.

They won last night, but they have a lot of work to do to pull it off next week. They really under performed in the scoring department, especially looking at the other 3 teams still standing. You can't match up with NE, GB or Atlanta kicking FG's all day, and I don't know that their defense can hold these other 3 teams to a low score either. We will see, but the way they played last night, won't get it done. New England will of deliver the knock out punch if you try to kick 6 FG's on them.

upthecreek
01-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Art Rooney, founder of @steelers, was able to afford the $2,500 NFL franchise fee only after a long shot wager Saratoga Race Course in 1933.

Secondbest
01-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Tim Mara paid $500 to buy the Giants.He was a bookie.

Robert Fischer
01-16-2017, 02:43 PM
KC was perfect practice/training for the Steelers.

KC runs a 'poor man's' Patriot's offense. - Not so much an exact DNA match, but they feature an arsenal of momentum runs and wide-receiver-screens, in packages with looks that set up/threaten bigger gashes.
Steelers #48 Dupree stepped up to fill a defensive vacancy on the edge linebacker role. #92 James Harrison's lost step bothers him less when KC's goal is 'over-pursuit', rather than a foot race.
Call call it 'acupuncture', call it 'HGH' James Harrison is a warrior who has stepped it up gradually on a team where #50 Ryan Shazier is still too young or perhaps not the superstar as billed , and #94 Timmons - while solid as a rock, is just naturally more of a "support 2nd/3rd man into a pile, scoop up someone elses fumble, hit a 'lost' qb on a scramble type of guy", than a leader. The 38 year old Harrison has naturally been elected to leader, the 'identity', the backbone of this makeshift defense, just as he was a long time ago, in days of yore, when men were men, and the Steelers were feared, a continued legacy of the Steel Curtain!!!
Steelers as a whole, improved discipline and reading and timing over the course of that game.
Steelers 'honed in' and stepped up to the challenge.

Of course, New England adds a fully developed passing game featuring Tom Brady, as well as some positional upgrades, on top of whatever KC is doing.

On offense, the Steelers recklessly dismissed their running game in many of the Red Zone series. Sometimes, on key situations (eg 3rd and 2), the Steelers emptied the backfield to go 5-wide.
Excitement , bravado, flare,... aside. This is dumb football.
Yes, you aggressively can find one of the WR vs a Linebacker, if he Defense is caught in the wrong package.
In a game where offensive flexibility is so important, and the mere 'threat' of a Le'Veon Bell occupies/changes direct tactics of a Linebacker(assignment), and indirectly the lineman(blitz vs stay-in-lane-balanced), and sometimes a safety (1 eye open), the Steelers have too threatening a running back, to do the defense a favor by emptying the backfield.
Bell's Red Zone usage and numbers were lower than his other #s. :mad:

In contrast, one of the Chief's key plays featured a fake sweep play-action, that caused several Steelers defenders to pursue the decoy in the wrong direction.

There is no indication that the Steelers will necessarily improve this strategy.
As a fan, I hope they somehow review the game and realize this glaring error. Recognize that they made some mistakes here, and feature Bell as a workhorse or decoy in Red Zone situations, or that if they do pass or even occasionally 5-wide, it pays off in a mismatch.

Red Zone hijinks aside, this is a GREAT OFFENSE.

In addition to champion QB Big Ben, a hall of fame running back Le'Veon 'tecmo' Bell,hall of fame WR Antonio Brown(think the work ethic and skill set of Jerry Rice and the talent of a champion boxer , Floyd Mayweather), Steelers offense also features a peaking Maurkice Pouncey at center.

Center!?
Seldom is a center hyped in an internet message post.
Not only 'good for a center', good as ANY offensive lineman in the NFL.

Defenses around the league normally love to line up a monster nose tackle, and occasionally send 2 D-Lineman or shift him over top of the poor mismatched centers they face. Pouncey will have none of that shit. He routinely dominates opposing defensive tackles. Le'Veon Bell is jab-stepping would be tacklers, ŕ la Michael Jordan at the top of the key, and Pouncey (in addition to making that possible) cherishes having all the more time to man-handle bullies.
Then there are the occasional sweeping runs, where Pouncey is assigned 'pulls' where he gets out ahead of the run, transforming into a 300lb fullback to lead the way.

Patriots Steelers = Great Football

rastajenk
01-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Can't match all that, but I like them next week. They won't back down.

FakeNameChanged
01-16-2017, 07:03 PM
The GB off line was big in this game. Almost no pressure the whole game

The diff in the end, Rodgers can close a game, Dak isn't ready to be that guy yet

Thought GB was the better prepared team , I thought their offense when they took the field on the first possession they looked calm and very confident. Garrett and the DC was scrambling from the get go

Great game. My wife didn't enjoy the ending but I enjoyed the heck out of it
Not a fan of either team, but throwing 3 straight passes on some of the Dallas offensive series made no sense with the top running back and offensive line in the NFL. Garrett gets the blame for this thinking. Abandoning what's worked for you all year almost never works. That would be like EMD not watching replays and playing TLG's picks.

pandy
01-16-2017, 11:16 PM
I like the Falcons against the Packers.

ElKabong
01-16-2017, 11:31 PM
Not a fan of either team, but throwing 3 straight passes on some of the Dallas offensive series made no sense with the top running back and offensive line in the NFL. Garrett gets the blame for this thinking. Abandoning what's worked for you all year almost never works. .

Amen brother. Garrett also was the most to blame for last years record (far too conservative play calling with the top qb, rb, wr out for all or most of season)

GB was the better prepared team for sure, but why Elliott wasn't a major factor in the first half is a head shaker

ElKabong
01-16-2017, 11:33 PM

Me too. Someone here mentioned he got ATL at something like four to one last week. The Falcons looked really good vs Sea

burnsy
01-17-2017, 02:57 AM
Not a fan of either team, but throwing 3 straight passes on some of the Dallas offensive series made no sense with the top running back and offensive line in the NFL. Garrett gets the blame for this thinking. Abandoning what's worked for you all year almost never works. That would be like EMD not watching replays and playing TLG's picks.

This is what I thought would happen, that's why I liked GB. Their game plan is to sling the ball up and down the field and score fast. Before Dallas knew what hit them they were in panic mode for much of the first half. I knew they were more than happy to have "shoot out" with Dallas, that way they would have the ball plenty. They ran the football version of "blitzkrieg" on Dallas. Once that happens they'll care less if Dallas runs for 4 or 5 yards a carry or completes a few long passes. Dallas was down, lost control and played Green Bays game, a game they probably couldn't win that way. Dallas played well just to come back, they could of rolled over, which made it a great game. But once any team is down like Dallas was, they are going to heave the ball around, at that point they are playing into what Green Bay wants even if Dallas hits a few big ones. Green Bay was pretty much unstoppable until the first half was nearly over. They exploited the Dallas pass defense and dared them to keep up.

_______
01-17-2017, 12:21 PM
Me too. Someone here mentioned he got ATL at something like four to one last week. The Falcons looked really good vs Sea

+300 before the wildcard round. I thought they were the best offense in the NFC and more likely than Dallas to reach the Super Bowl. I think they'll handle Green Bay fairly easy.

Secondbest
01-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Dallas offense moved the ball well against Green Bay. Atlanta's offense is much better. Hard to see them not scoring in the high 30's at least. Green Bay can score but Atlanta can score more and faster.Can't see Packers keeping up.

Robert Fischer
01-20-2017, 01:50 PM
both playoff games have potential to be very entertaining.

Atlanta is playing confident football. Their passing game has been elite. If that continues, a short-handed Green Bay team will be overwhelmed.
Matt Ryan hasn't really been a true 'MVP' type until now.

Green Bay will be scratching and clawing and looking to shake his confidence early in the game. Green Bay has had a good run. Atlanta is a worthy chalk, neither team would surprise.

---

New England is the San Antonio Spurs of the NFL. They had an easy schedule, and took full advantage. Rested, and peaking. They have the best coaching, a HOF QB, and a talented, purposeful roster. Their offense has a 'cumulative' effect on opposing defenses, and they are ruthless when they smell blood.

Pittsburgh relies on big plays, and they will need big plays, in order to even compete with New England. They have the offensive talent to have a big game. I've been saying it all year, Ryan Shazier is the X Factor of the defensive unit. It's a nice story, - that a 38 year-old James Harrison has become somewhat of an anchor and a leader on the defense, but Shazier has to connect on some home run plays for the Steeler defense to reach full throttle. He is fast, but his instincts and timing have been disappointing.

Secondbest
01-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Pats by their own admission had a terrible game. Brady under pressure all game.Yet they still scored 27pts without the runback. The goal line offense really misses Gronk a lot. But with Lewis Blount and White the Ground game is improved. At home I think they can score enough against an average defense to win.Smith missed a lot of open guys otherwise KC would've won
To me it looks like Atlanta vs New England

pandy
01-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Pats by their own admission had a terrible game. Brady under pressure all game.Yet they still scored 27pts without the runback. The goal line offense really misses Gronk a lot. But with Lewis Blount and White the Ground game is improved. At home I think they can score enough against an average defense to win.Smith missed a lot of open guys otherwise KC would've won
To me it looks like Atlanta vs New England

I agree that it will probably be Atlanta and New England, but like some other years, I don't know how New England does it. This year they do have a solid defense, but I find it amazing how well they do on offense, third in the league in scoring.

If you look at the players they have, with the exception of Brady, all perhaps Edelman, their offensive players are pretty average. With Gronk out, they have an average Tight End, average wide receivers, average running backs.

I've done very well betting against New England in the Super Bowl and other post season games, mainly because you can't always get by just on good coaching. The most talented team usually wins the Super Bowl.

But I just can't decide on this game. It certainly wouldn't surprise me to see the Steelers cover the spread or win outright. It should be a close game.

Secondbest
01-20-2017, 04:20 PM
I agree that it will probably be Atlanta and New England, but like some other years, I don't know how New England does it. This year they do have a solid defense, but I find it amazing how well they do on offense, third in the league in scoring.

If you look at the players they have, with the exception of Brady, all perhaps Edelman, their offensive players are pretty average. With Gronk out, they have an average Tight End, average wide receivers, average running backs.

I've done very well betting against New England in the Super Bowl and other post season games, mainly because you can't always get by just on good coaching. The most talented team usually wins the Super Bowl.

But I just can't decide on this game. It certainly wouldn't surprise me to see the Steelers cover the spread or win outright. It should be a close game.
What They do better than anyone is execute every play the way its dráwn up.
One thing is They may be outtoughed but not out coached or out schemed.
I think it Will be close.

Valuist
01-20-2017, 04:22 PM

I like them also. Really brutal spot for Green Bay. They had their bye in week 4 so this makes 16 games in 16 weeks (which probably explains their injury issues).......8th consecutive must win game, 3rd road game/4 weeks. One day less rest than Atlanta. Really, really tough spot for the Packers.

Valuist
01-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Flu bug hitting both Pittsburgh and Green Bay. Just heard Rodgers is one of those effected.

rastajenk
01-20-2017, 07:54 PM
I smell another Steelers - Packers Finale after this weekend.Maybe that wasn't what I smelled after all.

lamboguy
01-20-2017, 07:57 PM
i would be laying the 6 points with both the Falcons and Patriots. more than likely i would make the Falcons a double bet.

Robert Fischer
01-20-2017, 10:43 PM
i would be laying the 6 points with both the Falcons and Patriots. more than likely i would make the Falcons a double bet.

I could definitely see Matt Ryan faltering. Could go either way.

ElKabong
01-21-2017, 12:19 AM
I could definitely see Matt Ryan faltering. Could go either way.

4 of 6 so far in the playoffs...should quit the ponies.
Give me the Falcons minus 6
Passing on the afc game but think the pats win in the end.

PhantomOnTour
01-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Rolling into Foxboro like...
FEAR does not exist in this dojo
PAIN does not exist in this dojo
DEFEAT does not exist in this dojo

Strike first, strike hard, NO MERCY
#sweeptheleg
#cobrakai

Robert Fischer
01-22-2017, 06:35 PM
4 of 6 so far in the playoffs...should quit the ponies.
Give me the Falcons minus 6
Passing on the afc game but think the pats win in the end.

Falcons very impressive.
Matt Ryan executed that offense perfectly. Brady-like efficiency reading through to check-downs, with no hesitation. There were times when he was throwing to windows that the receivers hadn't even yet become aware were opening (he overcame a couple early bad drops). Even a little wildcat offense sprinkled in at one point.

Going to be tough for the Patriots or Steelers to beat a repeat performance.

ElKabong
01-22-2017, 07:09 PM
Falcons very impressive.
Matt Ryan executed that offense perfectly. Brady-like efficiency reading through to check-downs, with no hesitation. There were times when he was throwing to windows that the receivers hadn't even yet become aware were opening (he overcame a couple early bad drops). Even a little wildcat offense sprinkled in at one point.

That offense right now is a machine. Almost a shame they have skip a week to play the next game.

_______
01-22-2017, 07:20 PM
Falcons very impressive.

Disagree. Both NE and Pittsburgh have intact defenses. GB had guys playing defense in a playoff game that would have been on the bench during the regular season. They couldn't overcome their injury issues.

Atlanta has a very good but inconsistent offense. I'm glad to see them get into the Super Bowl but expect they will be deserving underdogs against NE.

cj
01-22-2017, 09:00 PM
Brady remains the G.O.A.T.

ElKabong
01-22-2017, 09:14 PM
Neither Green Bay nor Pitt was remotely competitive today. Disappointing for someone looking for good games

ReplayRandall
01-22-2017, 09:32 PM
On a side-note, home field advantage was strong these playoffs, as only KC and Dallas lost at home, losing by only 2 and 3 points respectively.

burnsy
01-22-2017, 10:09 PM
Neither Green Bay nor Pitt was remotely competitive today. Disappointing for someone looking for good games

Yeah, but that was no surprise.

Nitro
01-22-2017, 10:21 PM
They were GREAT games if you bet on them!

lamboguy
01-22-2017, 11:13 PM
i would be laying the 6 points with both the Falcons and Patriots. more than likely i would make the Falcons a double bet.i'd be laying the 3 points for the superbowl as well. the Pats just beat the 2nd best team in the playoffs for breakfast.

burnsy
01-23-2017, 12:10 PM
They were GREAT games if you bet on them!

Exactly, I'll admit I did not talk about the NFC game at all, but I was talking about Pittsburg being DOA last Monday. You'll never beat the Pats at home scoring like they do, which is not enough. The way they call their plays is even shaky. Just as I said, for all the hype, that Pittsburg has (red zone) offensive problems and that defense can't stop teams like New England or Atlanta.