PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana EHV-1 outbreak

green80
01-02-2017, 08:13 PM
Due to horses testing positive at Fairgrounds for the EHV-1 virus, no horses can ship into or out of Fairgrounds, Evangeline training center, Delta Downs or Louisiana Downs. Delta Downs and Fairgrounds will try to fill races with horses that they have on track. Horses cannot ship out of state to run at another track. This could get ugly and make some difficult times for La. horsemen.

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 08:38 PM
Due to horses testing positive at Fairgrounds for the EHV-1 virus, no horses can ship into or out of Fairgrounds, Evangeline training center, Delta Downs or Louisiana Downs. Delta Downs and Fairgrounds will try to fill races with horses that they have on track. Horses cannot ship out of state to run at another track. This could get ugly and make some difficult times for La. horsemen.

I hope the horses are ok and the least amount of harm is done.

Mulerider
01-02-2017, 09:23 PM

Will LaD still run quarter horses this weekend, or is the opening cancelled?

green80
01-02-2017, 11:02 PM
Will LaD still run quarter horses this weekend, or is the opening cancelled?

No cancellation yet, I guess it will depend if they can fill races with the horses stabled on track. You can still run but no horses go in or out of the tracks.

Mulerider
01-03-2017, 07:04 PM
No cancellation yet, I guess it will depend if they can fill races with the horses stabled on track. You can still run but no horses go in or out of the tracks.

Yes, and I just read that Gun Runner is one of the horses quarantined at FG, and might miss the Pegasus because of it (his connections are in negotiations with some of the remaining slot holders to run him).

green80
01-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Delta Downs called all of us that are stabled off track and had horses in tomorrow telling us not to come. There will be some short fields running tomorrow with no ship ins. I know one race that will be going with 3 horses.

outofthebox
01-03-2017, 09:21 PM
Delta Downs called all of us that are stabled off track and had horses in tomorrow telling us not to come. There will be some short fields running tomorrow with no ship ins. I know one race that will be going with 3 horses.We have a horse scheduled for Sat night, but not anticipating being able to run. They did let us enter for next wed. Can only hope this is resolved by then. We are stabled at Evangeline Training Center...Handcuffed....

deelo
01-04-2017, 12:32 AM
That's too bad, hopefully all is clear quick.

You said you knew of a 3-horse race tomorrow...do you know where I can find these early scratches/changes? Not posted anywhere yet that I can see and I was actually in the middle of studying Delta's card when i came across this only to find out I'm studying to no point as half the field may be out.

outofthebox
01-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Received a notification from Delta this morning that if there are no cases of EHV-1 identified at Delta, the plan is to lift the the quarantine and resume normal activities on Monday, Jan 9th

outofthebox
01-04-2017, 03:28 PM
54 scratched tonight at Delta....

green80
01-04-2017, 04:36 PM
3rd going with 3 and a couple with 4

green80
01-04-2017, 04:49 PM
That's too bad, hopefully all is clear quick.

You said you knew of a 3-horse race tomorrow...do you know where I can find these early scratches/changes? Not posted anywhere yet that I can see and I was actually in the middle of studying Delta's card when i came across this only to find out I'm studying to no point as half the field may be out.

Scratches were not out, I just know most of the trainers and where they keep their horses, from that I knew who would be shipping in. In the 3rd, I know that most likely 7 were ship ins.

cj
01-04-2017, 05:31 PM
http://www.equibase.com/static/latechanges/html/latechangesDED-USA.html

Peter Berry
01-04-2017, 07:37 PM
All systems "go" at Louisiana Downs. I just arrived in Bossier City. Very excited to get the meet underway on Saturday. I'll provide updates, tidbits and full-card selections on Twitter @peterberry57.

outofthebox
01-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Should be an easy week for the Equibase chart caller!

Mr Saratoga
01-04-2017, 11:14 PM
How will all this bad news impact the Road to the derby weekend 1/21 at Fairgrounds?