PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Mon., January 2

Teach
01-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Good afternoon. I'm going live on a race-by-race basis. On what promises to be a rainy afternoon, I like three horses in the first, a maiden claiming sprint. My choices are: :8: , :6: , :1: . I'm thinking of boxing them in exactas. The :8:, Magic Holiday, faced better in his last. In that one he folded like a cheap suit. Yet, he went off at 5/2. In his pari-mutuel debut he ran well against tough company on a muddy track. This Dave Cannizzo trainee should benefit from any moisture. :6: Goatzingis is another possible. This colt faced MSW company at Saratoga. He showed little, yet he's had decent morning works. The jockey, Hector Diaz. Jr. is a "bug". Finally, Ice Tea, currently is an even-money shot. I believe he's being overbeat. That doesn't mean he can't win this, it's just that I'm not totally sold. Possibly :3: Dream Player if you're playing exotics.

Teach
01-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Race Two looks like "an inside job" and the board says the same thing. I'm thinkin' of boxing those four in exotics. My choices, in order of preference, are: :4: , :2: , :1: , :3:. Just Afleet :4: can do it, but Manny Franco must ration out this Northern Afleet-bred's speed. My major concern is that this is "A Bridge Too Far," My other major choice is :2: Dogtown with Liston, LA's Kendrick Carmouche. This chestnut gelding appears to be the controlling speed. Again, it's ration, ration, ration.

Teach
01-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Race Three is an AOC at 6 panels. Off her last solid effort, I'm taking the rail horse, a 4 year-old Tapit-bred filly. Frankly, I feel that as the rains fall over South Ozone, Queens this filly's chances improve. This Lion Heart-bred has a first and a second in two wet-track tries. Nuff Ced. The most capable pilot, Manny Franco, is in the irons. The other horse I'm glimming is the 6, Jet Majesty. This Cormorant-bred may well be the controlling speed. This mare has solid wet-track pedigree; she's been either first or second in her four wet-track tries. If you're looking at a tri or super, I'd consider numbers #5, #4 and possibly #3. Good Luck!

Teach
01-02-2017, 01:46 PM
In Race Four, a MSW route, I'm giving strong consideration to :7: Dublin Girl. You don't have to be from "The Emerald Isle" to appreciate this chestnut filly's chances. I believe this Afleet Alex-bred moves up as the rain continues to fall over "The Big A". I must admit that the capable Dom Schettino is having, at best, having a mediocre "Big A" meet. Schettino's first at a route numbers are not particularly eye-popping, yet I feel this Carson City-bred cannot be ignored. Others on my radar screen are: :8: , :5: , :4: and possibly :2: if your looking to lock up a super.

Teach
01-02-2017, 02:17 PM
In Race 5, I'm going with :5: Mid Ocean in this 2-turn on one-mile route. He did run in The Travers, albeit that he finished up the track. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Yet, in a 16k claimer. Gimme a break! Suspicious, yeah. If this Mineshaft-bred gelding runs back to his December 1st race... I...I just can't resist taking a shot with this lightly-raced gelding. I have the greatest respect for George Weaver as a conditioner. At this horse's current 5-1 odds I can't resist. Others that I believe have a shot here are: :3: , :1: and possibly :4: .

Teach
01-02-2017, 02:48 PM
My choice in this 6th race is the horse named for the All-Star hockey defenseman, Chris Chelios. :9: Chelios could do little in a route try (not his distance). Now, here, on a wet Aqueduct oval, I believe he has a strong chance (sounds like an oxymoron) of gracing the winner's circle. Rajiv Maragh in the irons for Gary Contessa. Others: :12: , :5: , :2: and possibly :8: .

SkunkApe
01-02-2017, 02:52 PM
My choice in this 6th race is the horse named for the All-Star hockey defenseman, Chris Chelios. :9: Chelios could do little in a route try (not his distance). Now, here, on a wet Aqueduct oval, I believe he has a strong chance (sounds like an oxymoron) of gracing the winner's circle. Rajiv Maragh in the irons for Gary Contessa. Others: :12: , :5: , :2: and possibly :8: .

Nice.

Teach
01-02-2017, 03:18 PM
Remember Jerry Reed shootin' "the bones". Well, "When you're hot, you're hot..." And Rajiv Maragh is hot. As the monsoon continues in South Ozone, Queens, NY, Rajiv has a chance to go back-to-back. Yes, admittedly, it's a gambler's throw (just like those dice in the Jerry Reed song). Yet, I'm goin' out on the limb. I'm takin a long walk off a short pier. Nuthin ventured nuthin gained.; You get the picture. As the crystal ball comes into focus, it's a longshot: :11: Bee Noteworthy (Remember Bee Bee Bee in the '72 Preakness; those tight Pimlico turns). Anyway. This Read The Footnotes-bred (Oh do I like that wet-track breeding). The aforementioned Rajiv. An outside post. Some early speed. Jim Bond overdue. 3-for-3 on a wet surface. Worth a bob or two. Others: :3: , :1: , :5:

Teach
01-02-2017, 03:48 PM
My pick is :3: over :1: , :2: , :6:

Teach
01-02-2017, 03:57 PM
In the finale, my pick is :8: Samurai Warrior. This Giant's Causeway-bred should relish a wet track. Others: :6: , :3: , :7:

Norm Gold
01-04-2017, 12:30 AM
Remember Jerry Reed shootin' "the bones". Well, "When you're hot, you're hot..." And Rajiv Maragh is hot. As the monsoon continues in South Ozone, Queens, NY, Rajiv has a chance to go back-to-back. Yes, admittedly, it's a gambler's throw (just like those dice in the Jerry Reed song). Yet, I'm goin' out on the limb. I'm takin a long walk off a short pier. Nuthin ventured nuthin gained.; You get the picture. As the crystal ball comes into focus, it's a longshot: :11: Bee Noteworthy (Remember Bee Bee Bee in the '72 Preakness; those tight Pimlico turns). Anyway. This Read The Footnotes-bred (Oh do I like that wet-track breeding). The aforementioned Rajiv. An outside post. Some early speed. Jim Bond overdue. 3-for-3 on a wet surface. Worth a bob or two. Others: :3: , :1: , :5:
You pretty much nailed the whole card. :ThmbUp:

NorCalGreg
01-04-2017, 11:26 AM
You pretty much nailed the whole card. :ThmbUp:

Wish I had checked Teach's picks BEFORE the pick-4 contest :D